PDA

View Full Version : Patons Classic Merino Wool Yarn???

kblue
10-14-2007, 12:11 PM
has anyone worked with this yarn? how does it felt? I'm need to make new clogs for the kids and i'm looking for a feltable yarn that isn't TOO expencive. I wanted to buy cascade 220 but it's rangeing for $6 - $9 plus shipping and thats a little out of my budget. Patons is on sale at joanns for $4. But i'm also thinking of buying the bare yarn from knit picks and then dying it myself because it's only $3.49. I know i know i'm totally being a cheep-O person right now but i'm also trying to save some $$$ for DH birthday :roll: and you know with knitting it's an addiction...you just "HAVE" to knit you just can't wait....well i can't wait hee hee. Thanks for your opinions.

MerigoldinWA
10-14-2007, 12:16 PM
I have used Patons Classic Merino (got mine from Joann's too) for felting one little project and it worked great. I have also heard others say it is what they choose for felting. So I can recommend it.

Jan in CA
10-14-2007, 01:05 PM
I've used it for felting projects and like it a lot. If you really want inexpensive though I'd go with Knitpicks Wool of the Andes. It felts beautifully, comes in lots of colors, and is inexpensive. If you are making several pairs and it adds up to more than $45 the shipping is free, too.

divagirl
10-14-2007, 01:12 PM
I love WOTA for felting too. Patons is great for felting, but watch it carefully! It can shrink a little too much.

Doublereeder2
10-14-2007, 01:39 PM
I used Patons Classic Merino for the Fiber Trends Felted Clogs and think it is great. Nice colors and cost effective (especially with a coupon). It did shed a LOT in the washer though, so make sure you felt in a pillowcase.

jennylozano
10-14-2007, 02:45 PM
I like Patons Classic Wool as well. Good price, available in my nearest Joann's and felts nicely. BUT it feels kind of itchy when I wear it. :shrug: I knitted a shrug I was so in love with and now I cannot wear it as often as I would like because it feels itchy. I don't think I am allergic to wool. I did not experience any problem while kniting with it. :??

Quiltlady
10-14-2007, 05:11 PM
I've used it and it did felt very well. I made a tote bag. I like that yarn very much.