PDA

View Full Version : ? Re:Cables Coming Loose...

merryknitter
10-16-2007, 06:37 PM
I am now the proud owner of my first pairs (LOL) of Options Interchangeable Needles...both the nickel plated and the Harmony.

I have been knitting for one year and am making my first sweater for my granddaughter. I have been using the key to tighten my cable onto my needles, but have had them start to come apart every now and then. Especially when I'm doing alot of P2Tog.

I wouldn't say that they are not a good fit...just that every now and then, I see them starting to loosen and that scares the bejabbers out of me!

Is that normal? Do yours start to loosen every now and then? Is that something I'm going to have to keep an eye on when I'm knitting?

I appreciate the feedback from those of you that have them.

By the way, I REALLY LOVE THEM! I am also doing a lace shawl for my sister for Christmas with fingering weight yarn and they have truly been a lifesaver for me!

Thanks in advance!

Ingrid
10-16-2007, 06:41 PM
I've had that happen now and then, too. I can usually feel if the stitches are catching. It doesn't happen on all the sizes, and it doesn't happen enough to return any of the tips, but it can be annoying. :shrug:

Knitting_Guy
10-16-2007, 07:09 PM
Yep, just get into the habit of checking them every few rows/rounds. I'm so used to doing that now that I am not even aware that I am doing it.

momwolf
10-16-2007, 07:17 PM
I have NEVER had mine come apart,because I use the stuff to hold rugs from moving to hold needle while I turn the key.It is also used for stopping all kinds of stuff from moving like kitchen chair cushions and place mats. You can find it at dollar stores or Target almost any place.

Marj
10-16-2007, 07:46 PM
Thanks Momwolf for reminding me that my Boyle interchangeable set came with one of those gripper thingies. I can take the gripper and use it with my Harmony.

So far I've only had mine come loose once but now I do as Mason says and check every once in a while to make sure.

Marjorie