PDA

View Full Version : ARGH!!! Ran out of yarn.

SabrinaJL
10-16-2007, 09:26 PM
I'm working on a baby blanket and I ran out of yarn with 2 rows left. :grrr: My mom said that nobody will notice but I will notice. The problem is that the only place in this town that sells yarn only has a small selection of Red Heart and Sugar & Cream and I used Caron SS. I'd have to drive 120 miles to buy more.

Guess I just have to wait until the next time I go out of town. That's definitely the worst thing about living in a small town in the middle of nowhere.

stirsmommy
10-16-2007, 09:27 PM
Can you order it online or convince someone to go get some for you. I would be irritated until I had more yarn in my hands.

Ingrid
10-16-2007, 09:29 PM
Try posting what you need in the Buy/Sell/Swap forum. Maybe someone has some laying around.

knitgal
10-16-2007, 09:32 PM
That's horrible! This is the realization of my biggest fear, which is why I overbuy yarn...and end up with full skeins at the end, which I can't return, because then the poor little yarn won't have a home and I've already adopted him!

cougarchick
10-16-2007, 09:55 PM
What color is it I might have some here that you could have. just let me know what color and i will look

SabrinaJL
10-16-2007, 10:09 PM
It's Violet. Thanks for the offer. :) If you don't have any I might just go with Ingrid's idea and post in the swap forum.

I really don't want a whole new skein of this stuff. I've had more than enough of this color of yarn.

scout52
10-17-2007, 12:39 AM
sabrina which stores are you checking in san deigo. I'm in san diego. I just checked my caron ss stash because i had purple but unfortunaly i have orchid not violet. the michaels in point loma the last time i was there had violet.

jjminarcik
10-17-2007, 01:24 AM
Sabrina - I live down the street from Hobby Lobby. I wouldn't mind having some of that color. If you want I can get some tomorrow and I'll send you however much you need. If you're interested PM me.

Silver
10-17-2007, 07:40 AM
I have some Caron SS "Brites" in "Grape". So close...

I have it for a kids knitting class, but I don't need it anymore. I woulda been happy to send it to you!