PDA

View Full Version : crochet edges

wimpyts3
10-17-2007, 08:18 AM
:-P how do you keep your crochet edges stright and not bumpy:grphug:any help woud be great:thumbsup:

thanks mary

bjc1050
10-17-2007, 09:40 AM
Just recently, I discovered that keeping the hook in the loop when turning for the next row helps to keep my edges straighter...it keeps the loop going in one direction...rather than removing the hook and turning/twisting the loop and reinserting the hook. Also, be sure you are starting in the correct stitch.

PamJ
10-17-2007, 03:43 PM
Well...I try to keep my hook in the loop when turning, but I still have to do sc on the edges of my crocheted blankets to even things out.

Beverly, I enjoyed looking at your blog! My mother grew up in the Shenandoah Valley near Waynesboro. And I also have a Yorkie...who gets very defensive just like your new Dusty. She sets up territories for herself, like a shoe or sock or even a particular area of the room, and then defends it with the growls and snarls. She only does it sometimes. I've wondered if she's entertaining herself (they are smart dogs!) or doesn't feel well. You have 3 sweet dogs and a precious granddaughter. And I KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN about boucle! Nice to meet you. Pam

bjc1050
10-18-2007, 09:58 AM
Well...I try to keep my hook in the loop when turning, but I still have to do sc on the edges of my crocheted blankets to even things out.

Beverly, I enjoyed looking at your blog! My mother grew up in the Shenandoah Valley near Waynesboro. And I also have a Yorkie...who gets very defensive just like your new Dusty. She sets up territories for herself, like a shoe or sock or even a particular area of the room, and then defends it with the growls and snarls. She only does it sometimes. I've wondered if she's entertaining herself (they are smart dogs!) or doesn't feel well. You have 3 sweet dogs and a precious granddaughter. And I KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN about boucle! Nice to meet you. Pam
I have trouble, also keeping my edges straight when doing a finishing edge, but am getting some practice doing some granny squares for a pair of slippers. The instructions are to work sc in each stitch around except for corners which get 3 sc in each. Seems to be working out well. This will also give me good practice in joining the squares without it being a major project.

Pepper, the yorkie, isn't realy that territorial. In fact, our pomchi has pretty much taken over that spot on the sofa. Now Dusty, the pomchi IS territorial. That's why his previous owner gave him to a shelter. We've pretty much worked the attacks out of him.

When we 1st moved to Virginia in 1974, we lived in Crimora for nearly 5 years. Loved the area. I really missed being surrounded by mountains when we had to move further north to Manassas.

Although I haven't updated my blog recently, I have been busy mostly with crochet...dishcloths, doilies, and some slippers. Hope to make time to post photos sometime soon. Life just seems to keep getting in the way.