PDA

View Full Version : NY Sheep and Wool Festival is this weekend!

Sanibelle
10-17-2007, 10:05 AM
Is anyone else from here going to Rhinebeck?

I went last year and did not buy much a I was totally overwhelmed my the number of booths selling yarn. I did not even get to all the buildings. There are 100's of booths and they all have the most beautiful yarn. And they have sheep and alpacas (they are so cute!!!).

I can't wait till Saturday...

zkimom
10-17-2007, 12:24 PM
Is anyone else from here going to Rhinebeck?

I went last year and did not buy much a I was totally overwhelmed my the number of booths selling yarn. I did not even get to all the buildings. There are 100's of booths and they all have the most beautiful yarn. And they have sheep and alpacas (they are so cute!!!).

I can't wait till Saturday...

I'm going! It will be my first time and I'm preparing myself to be overwhelmed. If I'm smart I'll make a list of things I want to knit so the day won't be filled with those, "That's gorgeous! What do I make with it?" kind of moments.

Too bad I don't have a KH button to identify myself.

Lintu
10-17-2007, 01:44 PM
Oh man, I wish I could go to this, but I think my husband would kill me if I said I wanted to drive 2 hours to a sheep and wool festival :D

RachelJean
10-17-2007, 02:06 PM
Oh man, I wish I could go to this, but I think my husband would kill me if I said I wanted to drive 2 hours to a sheep and wool festival :D

Same situation here. It's only about an hour for me, but DH would think I'm nuts if I even suggested it. He thinks I have too much yarn already. :pout:

kbagel
10-17-2007, 02:21 PM
I would love to go but I don't have a car! :(

mrslevite
10-17-2007, 03:27 PM
If I was that close, I would be there - regardless of what DH thought. But it's a little further for me. :(

Samsam
10-17-2007, 04:03 PM
aw guys! I say go anyway!
It's 3 hours away from me...my dad and mom are coming to. Make it a family event, convince your SO's that it's not just yarn and it'll be fun for eveyone!

Quiltlady
10-17-2007, 04:07 PM
I only live about 45 minutes from it and I wish I could go. But I am having left hip replacement surgery in less than two weeks and I HURT just standing and walking so I sure can't make it this year. So God willing maybe I can go next year. :aww:

Sanibelle
10-18-2007, 12:04 PM
It really is fun for the whole family - there is so much to do besides look at wool. There are tons of animals to see and it is supposed to be really nice in Rhinebeck this weekend.

BTW - Stephanie Pearl-McPhee, Judith Durant, Kristin Nicholas, Alison Hansel, Clara Parkes, Kay Gardiner and Ann Shayne, Margaret Hubert, Susan Guagliumi, Sharon Turner, Heather Dixon, Terry Miller, Carol Cypher are going to be there.
It is worth going even if you do not buy anything. If anyone wants to meet up let me know - I am going on Saturday.

Jeremy
10-18-2007, 12:09 PM
I'm hoping to go on Sunday.

farmwife'n'mama
10-18-2007, 12:25 PM
I'd love to go but I'm also 3 hours away. It's just not feasible this year. Maybe next year! :)

LilHuskiesFootBallMom
10-18-2007, 12:56 PM
nope, i've gotta drive down to Port Jervis for the tribe's winternights celebration after my son's playoff game saturday afternoon (football)

rfmommy
10-18-2007, 02:47 PM
I will be there!!! :woohoo: I even have my newly converted to knitting best friend going with me. :cheering: As far as husbands go, leave them home and enjoy yourself. On the other hand if they come, there are alot more men there than I thought there would be and there is so much to see.