PDA

View Full Version : To Blog or Not To Blog?

stacyk9
10-17-2007, 02:08 PM
I have been playing with the idea of starting a blog, not that I have anything all that interesting to say, but my parents live an hour and a half away and my in-laws live about 8 hours away. I thought this would be a good way to keep them informed of our family happenings and updates on their grandson! I'm just wondering how you go about starting a blog? What does it all entail? Any good website?

Thanks!

Stacy

Sharly
10-17-2007, 02:27 PM
I have a blog at wordpress.com - it's easy to maintain and best of all, free! Once you go in and set up your template, it's smooth sailing from there. You can go in and play around with it and if you decide not to use it, you don't have to.

Trust me - I have very little to share, but it's been kind of fun to have. I think I read it as much as anyone else does!!

Have fun!

sinistral_needler
10-17-2007, 03:56 PM
I use blogspot.com and it is also free. It is easy to use, and really easy to upload pictures and update on a regular basis. I would recommend it.

PurlyGyrl
10-17-2007, 04:20 PM
I think it would be a cool way to keep your family up on things. I bet the grandparents would love it (especially if they are computer literate). So I say Blog on Girl!

DianaM
10-17-2007, 11:48 PM
I have Wordpress too and I like it very much.