PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone here collect old bottles and or Jars?

blueeyes28
10-17-2007, 07:30 PM
I recently found a 1950 7up bottle and I have been hooked ever since I have found a bunch of old medicine bottles and some others that I am not sure what was in them and today I found an old whiskey bottle from the prohibition and an old kerr economy fruit jar.It is so fun to go hunting for them and clean them up and try to learn about them online.(it does cut into my knitting time though.)

HeatherFeather
10-18-2007, 06:28 AM
My dh goes along RR tracks on his way to his fishing spots...he finds LOTS of things along the river.

His happiest find outside of the indigo bottles is a tile made in the 1800's in England stuck in the river bank. (We live in MD).

blueeyes28
10-18-2007, 06:33 AM
Oh cool! I am hoping to find some nice colored glass but so far I have only found clear, green and aqua I have a couple of medicine bottles that look a little pink but in reasearching on the web I found out that is just from the sun.

dmknits
10-18-2007, 04:31 PM
Years ago DH found an old 7up bottle while clearing out a creek. I thought it was so neat, but we have since lost it somehow. We still have a Coca-Cola bottle that I think was found in the same creek.

While my grandmother's kitchen was being remodeled, I was told that a beer bottle had been found inside a wall. The bottle had been sitting there since my grandparents had the house built in 1946.