PDA

View Full Version : Oddball Baby Blankets - SOFT, Worsted Weight Yarn

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8

Doodknitwit
01-23-2008, 10:58 PM
wow!!! turned out great

Tobinknit
01-24-2008, 12:31 AM
Finished the blanket with a crocheted shell border. Here is a picture. The pink isn't as bright as it looks. It goes with the blanket nicely.

jhelanee
01-24-2008, 02:54 AM
Wow, you were fast!!!! That turned out great. I think the border really pulled the whole thing together. :thumbsup:

Tobinknit
01-24-2008, 03:50 AM
Started another one since I had the needles. Again the picture isn't very good but I had to take it tonight. The yarn is Caron Simply Soft Baby Bright Ombre. A pastel theme again I guess. It is ready for the next knitter.

Shandeh
01-24-2008, 06:51 AM
Wow! Great work Tobinknit! :notworthy:
Our Peppy Pastels blanket is GORGEOUS! :inlove:

And you get a BONUS award for starting another blanket so quickly!
:thumbsup:

Let's call this new blanket "Angel Wings". :angelgrin:

Who wants to work on it next?

I have in my stash a rainbow (multi-coloured) yarn that is the right weight and softness. Would these be the right colours for this, or are they too bright?
That would be perfect! :cheering:

Karina
01-24-2008, 08:30 AM
Tobinknit you did a great job and super fast. love the border, finishes the blanket off nicely. well done.

auburnchick
01-24-2008, 09:29 AM
:passedout:

So pretty!!!!! :inlove:

I cannot wait to be done with school late next month. Then, I want to work on all of them!!!! :teehee:

I think this is just the most fabulous project, all. If you ever go into the Knit Chat, talk it up. We need more helpers.

Great job, all!!! :cheering:

bethany
01-24-2008, 09:55 AM
I said "awww!" so loudly my child asked what happened! The Pastel blanket is soooo beautiful! What a lucky baby....nice work guys!

Now tell me, does the last person usually do a border on the blankets?

bethany
01-24-2008, 09:56 AM

So pretty!!!!! :inlove:

I cannot wait to be done with school late next month. Then, I want to work on all of them!!!! :teehee:

I think this is just the most fabulous project, all. If you ever go into the Knit Chat, talk it up. We need more helpers.

Great job, all!!! :cheering:
That's how I got here--auburnchick strong-armed me. :) It was so hard, right? :)

Shandeh
01-24-2008, 10:04 AM
Now tell me, does the last person usually do a border on the blankets?
Not usually. Tobinknit decided to dress it up nicely for us! :)

That's how I got here--auburnchick strong-armed me.
Thank you, auburnchick! :hug:

GiddyKnitter
01-24-2008, 10:06 AM
The crochet edging really finishes the blanket off...It's so pretty well done everyone x

Shandeh
01-24-2008, 10:25 AM
Hi again! :waving:

Several times, I've been asked how I keep up with all the different blankets and other Oddball projects we have going on in the forum.

So, I decided to show you all a tiny portion of the spreadsheet I keep for the baby blankets. I have big spreadsheets for each of our projects. It's the only way I can deal with it.

I list the blanket knitters in order underneath the name of each blanket. Then I use GREEN to highlight the name of the person who completes and mails out their work. I use LIGHT YELLOW to show the knitter that is ready for the blanket to come to them, then I use DARK YELLOW when that person receives the blanket to work on it.

Also, I put the date the item was mailed and received, to help me keep up with how they are travelling.

Just an FYI from your blanket administrator. :teehee:

bethany
01-24-2008, 11:22 AM
Sandy, that is so much work and so wonderful of you to keep on top of all the blankets and who has what when and where...full time job for all the blankets going! Thank you so much.

mom2hancj
01-24-2008, 12:17 PM
That pastels blanket is absolutely adorable!! Great work you all.

I know I have signed up for 2 others but they aren't hear yet ...so if you wanna send the Angel Wings one to me I can knit on it :mrgreen:

auburnchick
01-24-2008, 05:09 PM
That's how I got here--auburnchick strong-armed me. :) It was so hard, right? :)

:rofl:

Whatever it takes!

Tobinknit
01-24-2008, 05:19 PM
I think I got better pictures of the one completed and the one I started for the next knitter.

http://www.deadzoom.com/users/rgmcconn1948/oddballbabythursday.jpg

http://www.deadzoom.com/users/rgmcconn1948/oddballbabythursday1.jpg

http://www.deadzoom.com/users/rgmcconn1948/oddballbabythursday2.jpg

auburnchick
01-24-2008, 05:38 PM
Oh, pretty! Thanks for the close-up pictures!

Secksiebrat
01-24-2008, 07:30 PM
What a beautiful baby blanket! *cry* I'm having one of those "I want another baby" moments! I just know a child will be so blessed with such a beautiful and warm blanket!

~danielle~

PS. I'm always happy to knit on any blanket that needs knitters. Just send me a PM so I know to watch out for the blanket's progress! I love these projects as they are a great "break" in my own knitting. It always reminds me why it's so great that I've learned to knit!

Shandeh
01-24-2008, 10:30 PM
I'm always happy to knit on any blanket that needs knitters. Just send me a PM so I know to watch out for the blanket's progress! I love these projects as they are a great "break" in my own knitting. It always reminds me why it's so great that I've learned to knit!
Thanks Danielle! :hug:
I just added you to the "Dreamy Blue" blanket. :thumbsup:

DQ
01-25-2008, 06:56 AM
That pastels blanket is lovely :heart:

rissa
01-25-2008, 11:52 AM
Wow! The peppy pastels blanket looks wonderful! So proud to have worked on it! Looking forward to my next one, hehe.

suziehomemaker
01-25-2008, 01:24 PM
That pastels blanket is so pretty! Wow - it's truly a keepsake!

I don't want to be a blanket hog but if some newer people don't volunteer in time feel free to send a blanket my way. This is so much fun to be a part of.

losnana
01-25-2008, 02:14 PM
I've received the Fruity Loops Blanket from auburnchick, along with wonderful yarn and a pattern book. The yarn is Paton's SWS ( soy & wool) in a scrumptious pink and green.

Doodknitwit
01-26-2008, 11:11 AM
Yay! I love purple!

And that's great I'll be getting Neon Fun soon! I thought it was still a few weeks out, so this is GREAT!

Mailed the Neon yesterday!!! :waving:

suziehomemaker
01-26-2008, 01:35 PM
I just wanted to let everyone know that the Patriotic Blanket arrived safely this morning! It looks beautiful and I can't wait to get started on it.

Thanks Shandeh for the cute stuffed bear pattern! I've never tried making something like that so it will be fun to try to make one for my son!

:woot: :woot: :woot:

auburnchick
01-27-2008, 04:12 PM
I just went back and read some of the first posts here, am I right in thinking that the babies and children get to keep the blanket and take them home after they leave the hospital.

When my youngest daughter was born, they put a hat on her in the operating room before she was cleaned properly to keep her warm until they were finished doing the checks etc. she wore it for the first hour of her life and I was quite dissapointed that they keept the hat and I could not take it home.

So it is quite nice to think that these children get to keep these blankets.

I certainly think so.

I know that I got to keep the hats my children wore too. I still have them.

Spikey
01-27-2008, 08:46 PM
Just got my yarn for our blankets (see pic under "Yarn P0rn" in general knitting). I am so excited, I can't wait for one to get here!!!!

Shandeh
01-28-2008, 08:13 AM
So wonderful to see the excitement still alive for our worthy project! :heart: :hug: :heart:

Thank you all so much for answering the questions of everyone while I was away from the forum for a couple days. :)

In the future, if you have any questions, just go to our website which has instructions for all our Oddball projects! :wink:
http://oddballknitters.blogspot.com/

....am I right in thinking that the babies and children get to keep the blanket and take them home after they leave the hospital.
Absolutely! The children keep the blanket forever. :thumbsup:

..........will take some pictures but will have to figure out how to post them.
To post photos when making a post to the forum, you can click the little paperclip icon, and download photos from your computer. Just read the instructions on what the size requirements are for your photo.

Or, you can insert an html link with the website of the photo you want to attach. I use Flickr (www.flickr.com (http://www.flickr.com)) for my photos. They allow you to store 200 photos for free.

Good luck! :)

Thanks Shandeh for the cute stuffed bear pattern! I've never tried making something like that so it will be fun to try to make one for my son!
You're very welcome. :hug: Have fun with it! :)

kayrun
01-29-2008, 08:43 PM
The Fiesta blankie is on its way!
Should get to NM in 2 or 3 days?
I've enjoyed taking part in this!
Karen G
in GA

auburnchick
01-29-2008, 08:52 PM
Did ya take a picture??? :mrgreen: I would love to see it!!! :mrgreen:

Howdovely
01-29-2008, 11:04 PM
I received the Neon Fun blanket yesterday!!!! How awesome it is!! With it, I received the best gifts! I received a whole bunch of knitting pattern magazines. They are my first! Whoo hoo!! Thank you SO much!

Today I brought the blankie with me to Hobby Lobby to go yarn fondling, I mean yarn shopping, and picked out the softest Caron in the brightest yellow I could find.

I can't wait to start on it!

snowbear
01-29-2008, 11:47 PM
I can't wait to get the blankets. Another knitter here will go with me to deliver them & take pics.

I know the love that is being knitted into these will be transferred to the little ones. :heart:

Foxyie
01-30-2008, 01:47 AM
My needles are ready and waiting! :)

i've chosen between 2 stash yarns for the purple paradise.
either bernat satin in stardust, which is a light purple or caron simply soft in plum heather which is a brighter heathered purple.

i got the caron from Sharly in a swap and the bernat was one of the first yarns i bought when i started knitting almost a year ago! I've been waiting and waiting to use these! :teehee:

and today i saw some red heart soft in a brilliant green color that i just had to get for shamrock hills, it's called dark leaf.

the peppy pastels blanket is awesome! i'm gonna have to learn how to do some crochet edging. that really pulled the whole thing together. it's so pretty.

MAmaDawn
01-30-2008, 09:30 AM
I have LOTS of blue yarn here, all Simply soft... You can add me to the end of that one so I don't get 2 at once.... :yay: Been wanting to use that yarn...

BTW how much of the skien does it usually take?

HollyP
01-30-2008, 10:34 AM
MamaDawn, I really don't know how much of a skein it uses but I can tell you it's not much! I had a new skein for the fruity loops blanket and after I was done with my portion it still looked like a whole skein.

The dreamy blue blanket was mailed this morning to gmmarton.

Robinknits
01-30-2008, 01:31 PM
Can't wait to get the Fiesta blanket. I'm glad it's on its way!

auburnchick
01-30-2008, 06:52 PM
BTW how much of the skien does it usually take?

My portion took about 1/3 of a skein. It really depends on the pattern. Straight ss won't take as much as something fancier.

BTW, I think we're supposed to be using 100% acrylic yarn...

Tobinknit
01-30-2008, 07:26 PM
Just to let everyone know that the finished "Peppy Pastels" blanket was mailed to Snowbear today. (0305 2710 0000 8382 9402)
The beginning of the "Angel Wings" blanket was sent to Mom2hancj today as well. (0305 2710 0000 8282 9419)

auburnchick
01-30-2008, 08:09 PM
:cheering:

snowbear
01-30-2008, 11:02 PM
:heart: I have my mail carrier well trained. He is very very good at protecting my packages. If I'm not there, he puts it in my storage shed where it is dry and safe. I can't wait to get a few more blankets, then take them to the little ones.. I'll post pics at the hospital of course!

:hug:

Shandeh
01-31-2008, 01:19 AM
Excellent work, everyone! :thumbsup:

Shandeh could you pm me the address for Nikkilc Please. Thanks
I'll do it right now. :wink:

I have LOTS of blue yarn here, all Simply soft... You can add me to the end of that one so I don't get 2 at once. BTW how much of the skien does it usually take?
Done! You're on the "Dreamy Blues" list! We only need one more knitter for that blanket. :)

i bought this purple wool today and this pink wool thought the purple be good for one blanket not sure if the pink will be suitable its got long eyelash type bits but both are machine washable
might do a test square and wash and dry purple see how it goes i do also have a red plain aran wool for the heart blanket
What do others think?
Nikkilc, we can only use worsted (aran) weight, 100% acrylic yarn. Also, we can't use eyelash yarn for these blankets.

I'll be glad to send some suitable yarn to you to use for the blankets. I have LOTS of yarn that was given to me for charity knitting. :wink:

I hope you can use the yarn you purchased for a different project, my friend. :hug:

wickedphantm
01-31-2008, 06:09 PM
Who's excited for the Berry Bliss Blanket to start? I AM!!!
With spring right around the corner, this blanket it going to be pretty nifty, I can just imagine :yay:

suziehomemaker
01-31-2008, 07:57 PM
Shandeh - I should be finishing up my section of the Patriotic Blanket tonight r tomorrow night. Can I have the address for the next person?

I would have been done much earlier but it's been a stressful week. So stressful I think I might have to work on a garter stitch scarf or two!

Robinknits
01-31-2008, 08:35 PM
I received the Mexican Fiesta blanket today! Can't wait to get started!

Thanks Karen (kayrun) for the tea!

kayrun
01-31-2008, 11:41 PM
Glad it got there ok!
Happy knitting :)

Shandeh
02-01-2008, 01:01 AM
Neat! Our blankets are on the move!

I need to buckle down and finish getting all the new blankets started. :wink:

I'm almost finished with my part of "Purple Paradise", and will cast on "Shamrock Hills" tonight. Then, I have "Fairy Dance", "Gorgeous Grapes", "Purple Passion", and "Berry Bliss" in the wings.

It's raining tonight, so it's a PERFECT opportunity to sit in my craft room and knit away! :X:

So, I'm off to the craft room, my friends! :woohoo:

(By the way....here's a glimpse of upcoming blanket names....)
:psst:
"Jewelry Box"
"Rainbow Joy"
"Super Hero"
"Ninja Power"
"Firetruck Lane"

MAmaDawn
02-01-2008, 09:56 AM
Is Firetruck Lane going to be all red???? I want to do that one too!!!! I LOVE red :inlove:.... my absolute FAVORITE color.... I just bought a set of 10's on ebay, when they get here do you want me to just start a blanket?

And I just want to say thank you Sandy.... I haven't gotten a blanket yet and I am still soooo excited to be part of this. :woot:We couldn't do this without you organizing it!

kellyh57
02-01-2008, 02:03 PM
Have we ever thought about doing a lighter weight blanket? I have baby yarn that I don't have any use for that I'd love to put into an oddball blanket. It could be more of a preemie blanket. Of course, we'd have to use more stitches and a smaller needle, but I think it'd be fun to explore the baby yarns too. Just a thought.

Kelly

snowbear
02-01-2008, 02:45 PM
The preemie blanket would be a great idea. We just have to use acrylic due to hospital regs. There are baby's of all sizes that need all sized blankets..

What do you think everyone?

Spikey
02-01-2008, 02:48 PM
Sounds like a great idea!

suziehomemaker
02-01-2008, 02:52 PM
Sounds good to me. I love baby yarn! Are you talking about something close to a sport weight?

By the way, I mailed the Patriotic Blanket to gmmarton this afternoon and I PM'ed her the tracking number. Should get there early next week!

Here's pictures of the whole blanket and just my section. I had left over yarn that matched all three colors so I used them all!

auburnchick
02-01-2008, 03:17 PM
(By the way....here's a glimpse of upcoming blanket names....)
:psst:
"Jewelry Box"
"Rainbow Joy"
"Super Hero"
"Ninja Power"
"Firetruck Lane"

I'm so excited because by the time those blankets start getting passed around, I'll be done with school and will have even more time to knit!

BTW, Susie...beautiful job on the Patriotic blanket! I just love how that's turning out!

Shandeh
02-01-2008, 06:36 PM
Is Firetruck Lane going to be all red???? I want to do that one too!!!! I LOVE red :inlove:.... my absolute FAVORITE color.... I just bought a set of 10's on ebay, when they get here do you want me to just start a blanket?
Yes MAmaDawn! That particular blanket should be mostly red, with maybe some yellow, black, and white accents, just like a fire truck! You are more than welcome to start the blanket yourself. Thanks for asking! :hug:

Have we ever thought about doing a lighter weight blanket? I have baby yarn that I don't have any use for that I'd love to put into an oddball blanket. It could be more of a preemie blanket. Of course, we'd have to use more stitches and a smaller needle, but I think it'd be fun to explore the baby yarns too. Just a thought. - Kelly
I would LOVE for us to make lighter weight blankets. I have TONS of sportweight baby yarn. We could make preemie blankets with a size 6 needle, and it should work perfectly. (Preemie blankets are smaller in size, so I'll do some figuring for the number of stitches to cast on.)
We'll call them Oddball Preemie Blankets! :cheering:

I'll start another discussion thread for the Preemie Blankets. :thumbsup:

By the way, I mailed the Patriotic Blanket to gmmarton this afternoon and I PM'ed her the tracking number. Should get there early next week!
Thanks suziehomemaker! :hug: Looks great!

MAmaDawn
02-01-2008, 07:25 PM
Do the blankets need to be reversible? Would stranding work for the firetruck blanket? Thinking about the colors I could do... I'll start it when the needles get here.

Shandeh
02-01-2008, 07:46 PM
Woo Hoo! :woohoo:

I just started the other thread for Oddball Preemie Blankets!
http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1055542#post1055542

Do the blankets need to be reversible? Would stranding work for the firetruck blanket? Thinking about the colors I could do... I'll start it when the needles get here.
Well, it's BEST for the blankets to be reversible, to some degree. So, long strands would not work. But if the strands are caught every couple stitches, it will be okay. It should look neat on the back. :wink:

Robinknits
02-02-2008, 01:55 PM
I finished my part of the Mexican Fiesta blanket last night. Here's what it looks like so far. I hope the next knitter has some red yarn. I think it needs more red, but I didn't have any and I'm trying to use up yarn not acquire more! I'll get it in the mail on Monday.

auburnchick
02-02-2008, 03:38 PM
WOW! What a pretty blanket! I just love the colors so far! Another great color would be green...

Y'all have done a nice job thus far!

kayrun
02-02-2008, 06:24 PM
oh, Robin!
You did a great job on the blanket!
Love the part you added, and I agree that red or green would be a nice addition....
Karen G.

mom2hancj
02-02-2008, 10:13 PM
Hey everyone!! I got the Angel Wings blanket yesterday and started working on it. My yarn was a bit thinner than what was on there...maybe it is sport weight? Anywho I double stranded it...will that work? Please say yes :wink:

Shandeh
02-02-2008, 10:44 PM
I LOVE the way the Mexican Fiesta blanket is looking!
Great job! :thumbsup: It certainly looks festive, doesn't it?

mom2hancj, just try out the 2 strands together, and see how it works. If it looks the same width as the rest of the blanket, you'll be fine! Good luck! :wink:

By the way, I just finished the beginning of the "Purple Paradise" blanket! :woohoo:
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2161/2237285501_661081745f.jpg

wickedphantm
02-02-2008, 10:48 PM
Beautiful job Sandy!!! I really like those colors...what yarns are they?

auburnchick
02-02-2008, 10:59 PM
Nice job, Sandy!

Shandeh
02-02-2008, 11:08 PM
Thanks wickedphantm and auburnchick! :hug:

I used Caron Simply Soft in Raspberry, then added an accent of vintage Fruit of the Loom yarn in Frosted Purple. The center portion is TLC Ultra Soft in Black (no photo).
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2415/1580491532_639e0593ab_m.jpg
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2375/1580940249_00840ae35b_m.jpg

I've started our "Shamrock Hills" blanket, using "I Love This Yarn" in Dark Olive. Nice so far! (and I DO love that yarn!) :teehee:
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2239/2238301030_142580eacb.jpg

snowbear
02-03-2008, 02:23 AM
I had my arms ful yesterday, and tossed the mail on the table, and fixed dinner, and got ready for bed. i was exhauseted.

This morning i woke up and went to work. I came home, and just took it easy.. I've been off work all week due to my low back.. well, a few minutes ago, I went to go fix me a peanut butter sandwich. I glanced at the mail on my way in to the kitchen. There it was...the slip my lettercarrier always leaves when he hides a package for me in my storage room.

I grabbed my housecoat & shoes and sneaked out and got it.
It's here! It's beautiful!! I can't wait to post.. keep your needkes crissed,,,
It worked... thanks so much for the yarn! I already have an idea for it! thanks to all who made this sweet perfect baby blanket!

wickedphantm
02-03-2008, 11:48 AM
Love the color for the shamrock hills blanket!! Looks so soft!

mom2hancj
02-03-2008, 11:49 AM
Double stranding it makes it the same width...glad it will work. It is nice and soft and matches so well.

I was knitting it while I was at a friend's house and wasn't paying attention and messed up the garter stitch edging just a little :aww: I feel like a goof but I don't wanna take it out...it isn't that noticeable.

The Mexican blanket and the purple look terrific!!! This has been fun...I am gonna cuddle up now and finish up my portion. How do I figure out who it goes to next?

HollyP
02-03-2008, 12:18 PM
How do I figure out who it goes to next?
Just Pm Shandeh when you are done and she will let you know.

Shandeh
02-04-2008, 02:54 PM
I was knitting it while I was at a friend's house and wasn't paying attention and messed up the garter stitch edging just a little :aww: I feel like a goof but I don't wanna take it out...it isn't that noticeable.
No problem, my friend. It will just show that it was made by hand....with love. :heart:

Just Pm Shandeh when you are done and she will let you know.
Thanks for covering for me, Holly! :hug:

I'm willing to join anymore UK knitters doing charity blankets if you need anymore people.
Thanks so much, Catz! :muah:

Hi catz you can join the Loving hearts blanket which is all reds and pinks.
Thanks for organizing that blanket, Karina! :thumbsup:

Shandeh
02-04-2008, 03:15 PM
I finished my part of the "Shamrock Hills" blanket!
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2254/2242657082_c5fa818701.jpg

I used "I Love This Yarn" from Hobby Lobby in Dark Olive and White. That yarn is so cushy and soft. :inlove:

GiddyKnitter
02-04-2008, 03:49 PM
That looks lovely Sandy and I love that cute little doggie!!

Shandeh
02-04-2008, 03:54 PM
Thanks Pauline! :heart:
That little dog was a gift from my hubby, back when we first met. He knows I love dogs, but I'm allergic to them. :pout:

So, this little guy is the closest I can get to having a pup of my own. I actually use and abuse him....he acts as a cushion for my armrest when I'm knitting in my rocker. :teehee:

MAmaDawn
02-04-2008, 03:56 PM
So, this little guy is the closest I can get to having a pup of my own. I actually use and abuse him....he acts as a cushion for my armrest when I'm knitting in my rocker. :teehee:

At first I thought you were talking about you dh... :roflhard::doh:

Shandeh
02-04-2008, 04:10 PM
:roflhard:

Yeah, I abuse him in different ways. :wink:
:teehee:

MAmaDawn
02-04-2008, 04:42 PM

You are so funny!

I just checked the tracking on the needles I found on ebay (they were so cheap! :happydance:) and I think they are going to be here tomorrow (maybe today! ) So I'm going to start "Firetruck Lane" by this weekend (will just depend on when I can get red yarn, cuz I NEVER have it leftover I ALWAYS find something to do with it :teehee:)

But no rush on getting other knitters.... I'll hold it until we have others...

Robinknits
02-04-2008, 07:26 PM
I mailed the Mexican Fiesta blanket today. Kelly - Here's the tracking number (USPS delivery confirmation)
0304 0370 0000 4755 3261

gmmarton
02-04-2008, 08:03 PM
Angela and Shandeh,

I received the Patriotic Baby Blanket at school today. It is really quite beautiful. I was so excited that I ran down the hall to share it with two kindergarten teacher friends...we want to know what that red sparkling yarn is called. One of the teachers wears a little glitter on her face every day, so one can only imagine how much she loved the sparkle!

I have to shop a little for some perfect colors...hopefully, I will get my part done this weekend and send it on its way early next week.

Thank you also, Angela for the great alpaca. How very kind of your husband to wind it! Love the pattern book too!

Blessings always,

Gail M.
CT

gmmarton
02-04-2008, 08:09 PM
Hi Holly,

I received the Dreamy Blue baby blanket in the mail tonight. Thank you for starting it and sending it on so quickly. I'm working in a soft blue that picks up on the lighter color you used. It is going quickly, and I want to get it done ASAP so that the next person can enjoy the Bliss!

Thanks very much...

Gail M.
CT

SteveDallas
02-04-2008, 10:31 PM
The good news: I received the Fruity Loops blanket today!!

The bad news: I don't have any acrylic yarn in "fruity" colors. (I have some gray and some navy blue! :teehee: ) And I don't have a free evening any time this week. But I'll hit it this weekend!

HollyP
02-05-2008, 12:23 AM
I am so glad it made it there safe and sound! I forgot to get the delivery confirmation and have been worried since I sent it.

Steve I can't wait to see what you choose for the fruity loops!

Shandeh
02-05-2008, 03:16 AM
we want to know what that red sparkling yarn is called.
Suziehomemaker will have to help you with that.

I don't have any acrylic yarn in "fruity" colors. (I have some gray and some navy blue! :teehee: )
Well....spoiled bananas turn gray. :roflhard:
And blueberries are a fruit! :thumbsup:
I'm sure you'll come up with something fun. :)

suziehomemaker
02-05-2008, 10:04 AM
we want to know what that red sparkling yarn is called

Well . . . I have no idea. I know that it's 100% acryllic but that's about it. It was a gift from my mother-in-laws stash one year when we knit Christmas stockings and she taught me how to change colors to make stripes. It's been in my stash ever since and matched Shandeh's red so I thought it would be perfect for this blanket.

My mother-in-law only had access to Michael's, Jo Ann's or WalMart over the years for yarn so it had to come from one of those places.

I'm glad you like the Alpaca yarn! I was so worried that my kitties ruined it but my husband definitely rescued the yarn for me.

GiddyKnitter
02-05-2008, 10:10 AM
Thanks Pauline! :heart:
That little dog was a gift from my hubby, back when we first met. He knows I love dogs, but I'm allergic to them. :pout:

Well I think he makes a cute little arm rest :muah:

Shandeh
02-06-2008, 11:24 AM
http://bestsmileys.com/flowers/2.gif

Shandeh
02-06-2008, 11:24 PM
Here's the beginning of our "Fairy Dance" blanket! :)

I've still got a few rows of white left to do, then I will close off my section with the lavendar and pink.
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2014/2247445790_6977fc2de0.jpg

Here are the yarns I used:
Caron Simply Soft - Soft Pink
vintage Caron Wintuk - Soft Lilac
Hobby Lobby "I Love This Yarn" - White
vintage Fruit of the Loom yarn - Frosted Purple

bethany
02-07-2008, 12:15 AM

I've still got a few rows of white left to do, then I will close off my section with the lavendar and pink.

Karina--Opps! I forgot about sizing too! ;) Fairy Dance looks great Sandy! And it cracks me up that there is a Fruit of the Loom yarn. I don't know why! :teehee:

BTW, how do you get quotes from several different posts in one reply?

MAmaDawn
02-07-2008, 08:00 AM
AAAAAWWWW! Hugs ans kisses, and your kisses are hearts, that's so sweet! Nice work! Love it...

My needle came!!!! YEAH!!!! So I'll start the Firetruck Lane as soon as I get the yarn (hopefully this weekend)... :yay::knitting:

MAmaDawn
02-07-2008, 08:03 AM
Missed the Fairy Dance one... Love the colors of that, it looks snuggly all ready.

GiddyKnitter
02-07-2008, 08:21 AM

Ohhhh that is so sweet xx:hug:

Robinknits
02-07-2008, 01:12 PM
I love Fairy Dance and Loving Hearts!!! Great job!

kellyh57
02-07-2008, 03:58 PM
I got Mexican Fiesta yesterday! Woohoo!!! Thanks so much for the lovely yarn :), Robin! I'll get started on it tomorrow probably. I've got to get out and get some yummy yarn for it and I'd rather wait until I have at least one kid away and only have 2 to shop with...(Friday's a preschool day!)

Kelly

Shandeh
02-07-2008, 04:21 PM
....it cracks me up that there is a Fruit of the Loom yarn. I don't know why! :teehee:
Me too! I think it is HILARIOUS! :lol: I feel the same way when I see the "Sara Lee Underwear" factory in Asheboro. I can't see how it's possible for a company to make both cakes and underwear. :teehee:

BTW, how do you get quotes from several different posts in one reply?
To quote several different posts, click "quote+" under each post you want to quote. Then, click "Post Reply" on the bottom of the page, and you'll see all the quotes laid out on your new post, ready to go! :thumbsup:
Just can't wait till tonight to tell DH that I managed to do it on my own. He was not sure last night said he would have to figure it out and do it for me today, but beat I him to it. excellent.
You GO girl! :woohoo:
(and here I just wasted my time re-posting your original photo post. I should have read the entire page before doing that.) :doh:

Shandeh
02-07-2008, 04:29 PM
Today, I received the "Angel Wings" baby blanket from mom2hancj. (I didn't get to work on that one yet.) :)

She sent along some goodies just for me! :woohoo:
A skein of 100% wool yarn and a bar of handmade soap, along with a pattern to make a "Soap Sweater".
A tiny potpourri melting tart.
A set of circular needles for our charity knitting projects.
And a skein of Homespun. (Cool! I was just thinking of making another "Cushy Baby Blanket"!)
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2171/2249199614_9b3e5cb60c.jpg

auburnchick
02-07-2008, 05:37 PM
Oh wow...the blankets are so pretty! :inlove:

bethany
02-08-2008, 12:00 PM
[QUOTE=Shandeh;1058942]Me too! I think it is HILARIOUS! :lol: I feel the same way when I see the "Sara Lee Underwear" factory in Asheboro. I can't see how it's possible for a company to make both cakes and underwear. :teehee:

I didn't know about the Sara Lee underwear...I imagine them coming in different sizing, like "I eat one pound cake a week", "I eat one pound cake and one pie a week" on the labels instead of "size 6 bikini!" hah!

SteveDallas
02-08-2008, 12:23 PM
Steve I can't wait to see what you choose for the fruity loops!
I ended up with a bright green...Caron Simply Soft "Limelight". (I was hoping to get some Vanna's Choice since it was on sale, but they didn't have any bright colors! I guess Vanna is more into earth tones.)

I will try to post some pics this weekend, but no promises... my computer got messed up and I had to wipe out the hard disk and start from scratch, and I'm still re-installing stuff piece by piece.

Shandeh
02-08-2008, 02:32 PM
I didn't know about the Sara Lee underwear...I imagine them coming in different sizing, like "I eat one pound cake a week", "I eat one pound cake and one pie a week" on the labels instead of "size 6 bikini!" hah!

my computer got messed up and I had to wipe out the hard disk and start from scratch, and I'm still re-installing stuff piece by piece.
You poor thing! :pout:

MAmaDawn
02-08-2008, 04:37 PM
Do you have the lists for the next set of blankets already made? I have 2 colors that will be great on the jewelry box one. And I'm getting red yarn this weekend, do you want me to start the "Fire truck lane" or "Jewelry Box" (you come up with the best names!!!! )

Shandeh
02-08-2008, 07:36 PM
Do you have the lists for the next set of blankets already made? I have 2 colors that will be great on the jewelry box one. And I'm getting red yarn this weekend, do you want me to start the "Fire truck lane" or "Jewelry Box" (you come up with the best names!!!! )
Thanks MAmaDawn! I don't have a list of knitters for either one yet, but you're more than welcome to start the one of your choice. You can send it to me if you want, and I'll be the 2nd knitter. :)

Thanks for the compliment on naming the blankets. I just try to remember the things my kids liked when they were little, or I notice what my young piano students like. And the blanket names just start flowing from my little brain. :teehee:

mom2hancj
02-09-2008, 11:18 AM
I would love to knit on the firetruck one...my dh is a volunteer firefigther and my boys rooms are decorated in firetrucks with a firetruck bed and all. That blankie would be a fun one and make some litlte boy VERY happy.

Shandeh
02-10-2008, 06:47 AM
While I was sick, I was able to get a lot of knitting done. Maybe I should get sick more often? :think:

Just kidding. :wink:

Here is the beginning of the "Fairy Dance" blanket, ready to go to gmmarton!
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2219/2254721448_62253f9821.jpg

And I added my knitting to the "Angel Wings" blanket! Who wants to work on that blanket now? (We need 3 more knitters for this one.)
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2100/2253923425_804e319dd9.jpg

gmmarton
02-10-2008, 09:01 AM
Sandy,

Do you ever sleep? I've seen postings at 5:00 am, 3:00 am, midnight, etc., etc. Whoa! You're a woman on a Mission!!!

I'm ready for the Fairy Dance blanket anytime you want to send it. I'll be out on vacation as of Friday night, February 15th, so you can send the blanket to my address in Stratford rather than at school in Fairfield. But I will pm you in a moment just in case.

Thanks!

Gail

mom2hancj
02-10-2008, 11:00 AM
Both those blankets look great!!

LOL @ her posting at all hours. I would never post at 5:47 am...ewww that hour scares me.

I hear ya on the sick thing....when we were all sick, I got a TON of knitting done. Hope you feel better.

bethany
02-10-2008, 12:41 PM
And I added my knitting to the "Angel Wings" blanket! Who wants to work on that blanket now? (We need 3 more knitters for this one.)
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2100/2253923425_804e319dd9.jpg[/QUOTE]
I'll knit on the angel wings blanket if you want me Shandeh!

kellyh57
02-10-2008, 05:23 PM
I'm a few inches into Mexican Fiesta so go ahead and stick me in another one!

Kelly

Shandeh
02-10-2008, 07:15 PM
Do you ever sleep? I've seen postings at 5:00 am, 3:00 am, midnight, etc., etc. Whoa! You're a woman on a Mission!!!
:teehee: I'm a night owl. I usually stay up every night until about 3 or 4 AM, and sleep until noon. Then, I teach piano lessons from 3 PM until about 8 PM. I was wired to be a musician. :wink:
I'm ready for the Fairy Dance blanket anytime you want to send it.
Thanks Gail! :hug: I'll send it out this week. :thumbsup:

I'll knit on the angel wings blanket if you want me Shandeh!
Thanks bethany! :hug: I'll send it the same time as I send the others. :)
I'm a few inches into Mexican Fiesta so go ahead and stick me in another one!
Woo Hoo! Thanks! :hug: I'll put you after bethany on the Angel Wings blanket. :woohoo:

Now, we just need one more knitter on the "Angel Wings"!

auburnchick
02-10-2008, 07:19 PM
Am I on the list for Angel Wings? I can't remember. If not, please feel free to add me (near the end, please). I'm on the tail end of classes...three more weeks...so I know I'll be ready to do some heavy duty knitting when I'm done.

Hey...don't know if you want to do this, but an idea...

I'm so lost as to which blanket I'm set to work on. Can you post the spreadsheet you have...or maybe a list that stays updated? That way it's easy to see where each blanket is and how far on the list we are?

Shandeh
02-10-2008, 07:38 PM
Am I on the list for Angel Wings? I can't remember. If not, please feel free to add me (near the end, please).
You're on the list for the "Fairy Dance" blanket. But, I can add you to "Angel Wings" also if you want. Just say the word. :wink:
I'm so lost as to which blanket I'm set to work on. Can you post the spreadsheet you have...or maybe a list that stays updated? That way it's easy to see where each blanket is and how far on the list we are?
I can't post the spreadsheet, since it contains private information, but I will make a list on our blog, and let you all know when it's ready.

auburnchick
02-10-2008, 08:02 PM
"Word"

Yes, and a list on the blog would be GREAT! I totally understand about the private info. I was thinking that since it's an Excel spreadsheet, it might be easy to pull the info from the columns...I'm always thinking like a computer tech. :teehee:

Thanks!! :muah:

Shandeh
02-10-2008, 08:04 PM
Here you go!

Here's our Baby Blanket blog:
http://babyoddball.blogspot.com/2008/02/blankets-list-of-knitters.html

And here is the list I just posted there:
Fruity Loops
Shandeh - complete
HollyP - complete
auburnchick - complete
losnana - complete
SteveDallas - has the blanket now
traceleighj

Sunny Day
Shandeh - complete
alleusion - has the blanket now
MAmaDawn
rissa
stagebear
SteveDallas

Mexican Fiesta
Shandeh - complete
secksiebrat - complete
kayrun - complete
Robinknits - complete
kellyh57 - has the blanket now
snowbear

Neon Fun
Shandeh - complete
Doodknitwit - complete
beekaync - has the blanket now
mom2hancj
pinnut3200
auburnchick

Circus Fun - England
Shandeh - complete
Pauline Maddocks - complete
DQ - has the blanket now
Karina
Catz
Shandeh

Patriotic Party
Shandeh - complete
Suziehomemaker - complete
gmmarton - complete
MAmaDawn - waiting for blanket to arrive
Spikey
bethany

Purple Paradise
Shandeh - complete
Foxyie - waiting for blanket to arrive
Secksiebrat
jhelanee
HollyP
gmmarton

Shamrock Hills
Shandeh - complete
debinoz - waiting for blanket to arrive
jjminarcik
Foxyie
bethany
snowbear

Fairy Dance
Shandeh - complete
gmmarton - waiting for blanket to arrive
traceleighj
auburnchick
suziehomemaker
Robinknits

Gorgeous Grapes
Shandeh - casting on
Spikey
mom2hancj
beekaync
lucky_alf2
snowbear

Purple Passion - England
Shandeh - casting on
Karina
Pauline Maddocks
Nikkilc
DQ
Catz

Dreamy Blues
HollyP - complete
gmmarton - complete
Secksiebrat - waiting for blanket to arrive
cdjack
MAmaDawn
snowbear

Angel Wings
Tobinknit - complete
mom2hancj - complete
Shandeh - complete
bethany - waiting for blanket to arrive
kellyh57
auburnchick

Berry Bliss
Shandeh - casting on
wickedphantm
(need 4 more knitters)

Firetruck Lane
MAmaDawn - casting on
mom2hancj

FYI: The "Loving Hearts" blanket has been moved to the Preemie list, because it was made with DK yarn.

Shandeh
02-10-2008, 08:04 PM
"Word"
You're so COOL, auburnchick. :teehee:

auburnchick
02-10-2008, 08:19 PM
You're so COOL, auburnchick. :teehee:

Would you please tell that to my teenagers. I've been trying to tell them that for years! :roflhard:

bethany
02-10-2008, 08:39 PM
ooh, yay angel wings blanket! I guess I better shovel my walk tomorrow for my mailwoman...she gets cranky! ;)

Shandeh
02-10-2008, 08:46 PM
Oh Golly....I would HATE to be a mailperson in icy weather! :help:

HollyP
02-10-2008, 09:44 PM
:waving:Hey Sandy you can add me anywhere you need another knitter. You know where to find me!

snowbear
02-10-2008, 10:01 PM
I can't wait to see the hospital's charity office when I donate all these. I'll be sure & post pics!

bethany
02-11-2008, 10:49 AM
Oh Golly....I would HATE to be a mailperson in icy weather! :help:
I know, but she only has to go from the driveway to the front door, maybe 20 feet. She manages about 10 and sometimes throws the package! Ugh! Nothing has ever broken or anything, and I'm home 90% of the time she delivers....maybe I'll hand her some chocolate this time...;)

If you have a tracking # Shandeh do get it to me so I can be on the look out! Maybe I'll have a whole picnic for her! haha!

Shandeh
02-11-2008, 01:47 PM
:waving:Hey Sandy you can add me anywhere you need another knitter. You know where to find me!
Your wish has been granted. :wink:
I just added you to the "Berry Bliss" AND the "Firetruck Lane" blankets. :teehee: (Let me know if you prefer just ONE.) :psst:
I can't wait to see the hospital's charity office when I donate all these. I'll be sure & post pics!
Yes! Yes! I can't wait to see photos of that.
http://bestsmileys.com/signs16/16.gif

I've nearly finished my part of 'Circus Fun'. I should be able to post it later this week if the next knitter is ready.
I'll check with the next knitter right now!
She manages about 10 and sometimes throws the package!
:roflhard: I laughed SO HARD when I read that!! (Good thing I just swallowed my coffee, or it would have been all over the computer screen.)
If you have a tracking # Shandeh do get it to me so I can be on the look out! Maybe I'll have a whole picnic for her! haha!
I will DEFINITELY get a tracking number. I ALWAYS do that! :thumbsup:

Robinknits
02-11-2008, 01:47 PM
I see Firetruck Lane needs more knitters. You can add me to that one!

HollyP
02-11-2008, 04:19 PM
Thanks Sandy! I'm looking forward to working on both!

pinnut3200
02-11-2008, 07:36 PM
Sandy,

If you need more knitters, feel free to add my name to any blanket.

MAmaDawn
02-11-2008, 08:00 PM
LOL!! This is making me laugh, this weekend I cast on the Jewelry box blanket... :teehee:

But I found a set of circular needles here at home that I want to donate, I have interchangeable so I don't have a need for these.

I also just got the Patriotic Blanket today... so I now have 3 blankets, better get knitting, no? :knitting:

So anyway I'll keep working on the Jewelry box until I get the red, white and/ or blue yarn for the Patriotic Blanket and the Firetruck Lane one...

This is funny... :teehee:

Shandeh
02-12-2008, 03:58 PM
I'm looking forward to working on both!
Thanks so much! :muah:
If you need more knitters, feel free to add my name to any blanket.
Great! I'll add you to "Berry Bliss" and "Firetruck Lane" as well!
:woohoo:

Now, we need 2 more knitters for "Berry Bliss", and 1 more knitter for "Firetruck Lane".

Shandeh
02-12-2008, 04:00 PM
This weekend I cast on the Jewelry box blanket... :teehee:
I also just got the Patriotic Blanket today... so I now have 2 blankets, better get knitting, no? :knitting:
So anyway I'll keep working on the Jewelry box until I get the red, white and/ or blue yarn for the Patriotic Blanket and the Firetruck Lane one...:teehee:
Hey! Your life is starting to sound like MINE!!! :wink:
(I never knit ANYTHING but Oddball projects now.) :teehee:

Shandeh
02-12-2008, 04:11 PM
Suziehomemaker just asked me a good question. She was asking which hospital we will be giving the blankets to.

Here is the website for Children's Mercy Hospital, in Kansas City, MO.
http://www.childrensmercy.org/

I'll post it in the first thread of our discussion as well.

suziehomemaker
02-12-2008, 05:26 PM
Thanks again Sandy! Feel free to add me to another blanket if needed. I'm all about finishing my GAAA and charity knitting this year!

Shandeh
02-12-2008, 10:09 PM
Thanks again Sandy! Feel free to add me to another blanket if needed. I'm all about finishing my GAAA and charity knitting this year!
Cool! I'll put you on "Berry Bliss" and "Firetruck Lane"! :)

Howdovely
02-12-2008, 10:41 PM
I finished up my part of Neon Fun tonight!! I'll be sending it off to the next knitter as soon as I get the info. It was so much fun working on it. I brought it to the beauty salon last week when I was getting my hair done. (I have a whole uninterupted half hour while the color is setting! What bliss!) So many people asked about the project, and they just lit up when I started talking about it. What pride there is when you get to work on something like this!

Here is a picture of it so far.

bethany
02-12-2008, 10:52 PM
wow! Neon fun is looking great! Look at those colors! Nice...

kellyh57
02-12-2008, 11:29 PM
I made an oopsie on the Mexican Fiesta blanket. I thought it was either 5 or 6 inches we were supposed to knit so I kept plugging away at it, figuring I'd double check when I got close. Well, I did the pattern 3 1/2 times and then read up on it. It's only 4 inches! So, I finished it up and I'm at about 5 1/2 inches. I can frog it back to 4, but I'd rather just leave it in...what do you think?

Either way, it's ready for the next knitter (after tomorrow if I have to frog and do a knit row).
http://www.flickr.com/photos/39891480@N00/2262202718/

I'll post pictures later.

ETA: Nevermind. I can't figure out how to add a picture. I tried to link to my Flickr photo and it just shows up as a broken picture. I try to upload and it gives me an error saying I don't have that privilege.

I used red Simply Soft and "Tile Stitch" from the 365 Knit Stitches calendar. (I lost the cover...can't remember the exact name!)

Kelly

MAmaDawn
02-13-2008, 12:19 AM
Oh and I forgot to say thank you to gmmarton.... I love the point protectors.... And that article... so cool, she was in the paper guys... :cool::thumbsup:

mom2hancj
02-13-2008, 11:47 AM
The neon storm is beautiful and I can't wait to get it!! I have the perfect color for it!!

Secksiebrat
02-13-2008, 01:09 PM
Wow there are a lot of blankets going! It's almost mind boggleing to keep them all straight!

~danielle~

:woot:

auburnchick
02-13-2008, 06:11 PM
Wowsa! That Neon Blanket is so cool! Y'all are doing a terrific job!!!!

Shandeh
02-14-2008, 03:35 PM
I hope your birthday is WONDERFUL, Nikki! :muah:

I finished up my part of Neon Fun tonight!! ...........I brought it to the beauty salon last week when I was getting my hair done. (I have a whole uninterupted half hour while the color is setting! What bliss!) So many people asked about the project, and they just lit up when I started talking about it. What pride there is when you get to work on something like this!
Love the photo! Our blanket looks so VIVID and COLORFUL! :inlove:

And your story about the beauty salon is so neat. I've heard similar stories so many times from our oddball knitters. These projects just really draw attention. It's GREAT! :cheering:

I made an oopsie on the Mexican Fiesta blanket. I did the pattern 3 1/2 times and then read up on it. ..............I'm at about 5 1/2 inches. I can frog it back to 4, but I'd rather just leave it in...what do you think?
Kelly, you can leave it in if you want. I think that it will be just fine. :thumbsup: (And you can post photos in a NEW post. Our forum has a bug that won't allow photos to be added to an existing post. Weird, I know....but that's the breaks.)
that article... so cool, she was in the paper guys... :cool::thumbsup:
I wish I could see the article! What was gmmarton in the paper for?
Wow there are a lot of blankets going! It's almost mind boggleing to keep them all straight!
I agree! :eyes:

Shandeh
02-14-2008, 04:08 PM
Here is our "Gorgeous Grapes" blanket, ready to go to Spikey!
I used Caron Simply Soft in Violet.
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2343/2264878077_31e175a310.jpg

kellyh57
02-14-2008, 04:56 PM
Here is our "Gorgeous Grapes" blanket, ready to go to Spikey!
I used Caron Simply Soft in Violet.
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2343/2264878077_31e175a310.jpg

What's up with the old people on your yarn label? Knitting is not just for old people! I just think it's pretty funny that I have that exact same yarn, but it doesn't have any old people on it :) My how times have changed in the world of yarn!

Kelly

kellyh57
02-14-2008, 05:04 PM
Trying again to post pictures of the Mexican Fiesta blanket.

Here's the whole blanket. I added the red Simply Soft with a tile stitch pattern.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2176/2262202718_9067a4b389.jpg

Here's a closer view of my part:

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2177/2261410579_2bcd7fa1b3.jpg

My camera was being goofy and wouldn't get a really good view of the stitch pattern, but you get the idea. I wanted something simple and sort of "boxy" since the rest was kind of that way. I didn't realize just how hard it is to find a pattern that matches the number of stitches we already had. Plus, it can't have too many holes or cables to get the little fingers tangled in. Oh well. I LOVE doing this and I think it turned out okay!

Yay! It worked! Thanks Shandeh!

Kelly

auburnchick
02-14-2008, 05:34 PM
Oh wow, oh wow, oh wow! Both blankets are just gorgeous!!! Kelly, the red looks sooo good! I kind of like the fact that your section is a bit bigger. Truly makes it oddball! I think that would look great on other blankets too!

Sandy,

That purple is so divine!!! What pattern did you use?

Nice job, ladies!!!

Secksiebrat
02-14-2008, 06:16 PM
I got the baby blue blanket today. Or is it blue bliss? LOL I can't remember!

Thanks for the extra goodies that were sent as well :)

~danielle~

Nikkilc
02-14-2008, 06:23 PM
That is so beautiful :inlove: I love Purple

kayrun
02-14-2008, 07:25 PM
I'm just finding out how much fun it is to see a pic of the blankie when it gets longer & you can still pick out the part that you made with your very own hands! LOL
Great job, everyone!!
Karen G
(eager to work on another one....Sandy, just add me to whichever one needs knitters!)

Shandeh
02-15-2008, 02:36 AM
Sandy, That purple is so divine!!! What pattern did you use?
Thanks! :) I just used a basic checkerboard design.
I got the baby blue blanket today. Or is it blue bliss? LOL I can't remember!
It's called "Dreamy Blues" :teehee: Have fun with it! :)
I'm just finding out how much fun it is to see a pic of the blankie when it gets longer & you can still pick out the part that you made with your very own hands!
Exactly! That's what makes ALL our Oddball Projects fun!
:cheering: :woohoo: :cheering:

Shandeh
02-15-2008, 02:39 AM
eager to work on another one....Sandy, just add me to whichever one needs knitters!
I just added you to the "Berry Bliss" blanket! :thumbsup:
(Now that blanket has a full set of knitters!) :cheering:

We are now looking for 4 more knitters on the "Jewelry Box" blanket! Any takers?

auburnchick
02-15-2008, 09:46 AM
We are now looking for 4 more knitters on the "Jewelry Box" blanket! Any takers?

Add me to the end, please. I have two more crazy weeks of school, so I will be ready then.

rissa
02-15-2008, 10:06 AM
Shandeh, you can add me to Jewelry Box. Been LOVING the pics! You all are doing a marvelous job.

Shandeh
02-15-2008, 03:07 PM
Yesterday, I was FINALLY able to go to the post office to mail some packages. What a week! :help:

I mailed the Shamrock Baby Blanket to Debinoz
(delivery confirmation # 0307 1790 0000 6840 5024)
And I mailed the Purple Paradise Baby Blanket to Foxyie
(delivery confirmation # 0307 1790 0000 6840 5055)

Howdovely
02-15-2008, 05:03 PM
I mailed the Neon Fun blanket to mom2hancj today!!
USPS delivery confirmation number : 0308 0070 0001 0896 1195

Yay!!!

Shandeh
02-15-2008, 05:07 PM
Yay! Thanks Brenda!

Now, our blankets are on the MOVE! :woohoo:

Secksiebrat
02-16-2008, 12:47 PM
I will be ready to mail the Dreamy Blues blanket on Tuesday (monday is a holiday). Let me know who's next on the list! Thanks!

~danielle~

Shandeh
02-16-2008, 01:53 PM
I'll check on it right now! :thumbsup:

snowbear
02-16-2008, 08:04 PM
I arrived home exhausted,and dreary. Then I found the package my mailman hid for me. I opened it up and was rewarded with a beautiful bright blanket. It is so cheary I had to feel better.

In the package was 2 beautiful skeins of blue yarn that I can't wait to find a project for.

Now, I can't wait to find a perfect yarn for the blanket!

Thanks for the uplifting! These blankets are going to cheer up any child!

Foxyie
02-16-2008, 08:34 PM
I got the blanket today and i love that bright purple yarn..it's so soft !

thanks sandy for the humpty dumpty sweater pattern and also the hat pattern.. i know 2 little girls who will enjoy those!

now i'm off to knit!

Shandeh
02-17-2008, 09:27 PM
Secksiebrat, I just sent you a PM. cd jack is ready for the "Dreamy Blues" blanket!
I found the package............and was rewarded with a beautiful bright blanket.
Yay! Have fun finishing it up! :)
Be sure to post photos, so we can see the final product.

I got the blanket today and i love that bright purple yarn..it's so soft !
Yay! I'm glad you got the package! :)

mom2hancj
02-18-2008, 12:29 AM
I'll be stalking the mailman for the Neon Fun blankie...I already have the perfect yarns ready to go :) Can't wait to knit some on it :knitting:

snowbear
02-18-2008, 01:28 AM
The Fiesta blanket is done. It is beautiful. My camera phone doesn't do it justice. Our stack for the babies are growing.. :woohoo: :cheering:

auburnchick
02-18-2008, 11:32 AM

Secksiebrat
02-18-2008, 12:20 PM
Here is a picture of the Dreamy Blues Blanket. It will be going to see the next knitter tomorrow!

~danielle~

Robinknits
02-18-2008, 01:39 PM
Fiesta is finished! Yea! Dreamy blues looks great! I love being a part of this!

cdjack
02-18-2008, 01:43 PM
Can't wait to get the "Dreamy Blues" blanket. I'm in between projects right now, so I'm itching to have something to knit on.

Spikey
02-18-2008, 03:06 PM
Dreamy blues looks great! I can't get over how small the preemie blankets are!

Shandeh
02-18-2008, 03:21 PM
Yay!! Our blankets are growing! :cheering:

Dreamy blues looks great! I can't get over how small the preemie blankets are!
Actually, the "Dreamy Blues" blanket is a regular baby blanket. I think it's folded for that photo. :teehee:

Secksiebrat
02-18-2008, 03:23 PM
Yes it's folded into 3rds. I didn't figure we needed to see the whole blanket to get the idea of how it was growing. Sorry for the confusion!

~danielle~

Shandeh
02-18-2008, 03:27 PM
Heads up, my friends!

I just completed the first section of the "Purple Passion" blanket. It's ready to travel to England! :woohoo:
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2298/2272157566_ce30b5458f.jpg

I used Caron Simply Soft in Raspberry, and just did simple garter stitch for the entire section.

auburnchick
02-18-2008, 03:28 PM
All of the blankets are lovely!

snowbear
02-18-2008, 03:31 PM
I love it! I get all tingling when I think of all the love that is going to these blankets, from overseas to here in the US. I can't wait to deliver these!:heart: :cheering:

DQ
02-18-2008, 04:07 PM
What a gorgeous colour!! :cheering:

Heads up, my friends!

I just completed the first section of the "Purple Passion" blanket. It's ready to travel to England! :woohoo:
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2298/2272157566_ce30b5458f.jpg

I used Caron Simply Soft in Raspberry, and just did simple garter stitch for the entire section.

MAmaDawn
02-18-2008, 04:34 PM
WOW! Those blankets look GREAT! I am ove 1/2 done with the first section of the Jewelry Box Blanket and about 1/3 of the way done with my part of Patriotic Party blanket... I'll post pics tonight

auburnchick
02-18-2008, 06:09 PM
What a gorgeous colour!! :cheering:

I concur! Wowsa!

HollyP
02-18-2008, 08:05 PM
They all look great!:yay:

mom2hancj
02-18-2008, 08:29 PM
Those look great you all!! The Mexican fiesta is awesome and complete!!! :cheering: Dreamy blues looks great and that raspberry color is beautiful! I can't wait to get the neon one...should be here tommorrow. I have had the flu so it will be nice to sit and knit some neon fun :)

Shandeh
02-18-2008, 10:49 PM
I just got another photo to post. Yesterday, I met with some knitters from Ravelry in Mint Hill. While I was there, someone took a photo of me, holding the "Purple Passion" blanket in my hand.
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2346/2274718991_656b0fc925.jpg

snowbear
02-18-2008, 10:51 PM
ok.. You are awesome, your knitting matches your top. I have trouble matching projects, you go above and beyond!

It's a beautiful top! and an awesome color!

GiddyKnitter
02-18-2008, 11:07 PM
What a fabulous photo Sandy you look great and so does the Purple Passion...I can't wait to get hold of that I now have a stash of Caron Simply soft thanks to
my friend in Kansas and I have Lilac and pink which would go really well with the Raspberry don't you think?

Shandeh
02-18-2008, 11:12 PM
I have Lilac and pink which would go really well with the Raspberry don't you think?
Sounds like a perfect combination! :thumbsup:

DQ
02-19-2008, 05:18 AM
Love the picture Sandy, you are going :) and it made me go :mrgreen:

Shandeh
02-19-2008, 03:13 PM
Love the picture Sandy, you are going :) and it made me go :mrgreen:
cloud9

Shandeh
02-19-2008, 03:24 PM
Last night, I got started on the "Berry Bliss" blanket. I'm using Red Heart Soft Yarn in the color "Wine". The design I'm knitting comes from the "Big Book of Knitting Stitch Patterns", on page 25. It's called "Creative Stamps", and reminds me of raspberries or strawberries.
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2043/2277944692_032d59cc02.jpg

mom2hancj
02-19-2008, 07:15 PM
I got the neon fun blankie today :woot: It is gorgeous and I can't wait to knit on it. I am a little swamped at the moment..hopefully I can get to it in the next day or two. I'll lyk when I am done and snap a pic.

Thanks so much for the 2 skiens of fun lash yarn...how fun!!! I might just have to crochet fun flip flops with it :)

wickedphantm
02-19-2008, 11:36 PM
Beautiful color!!

Howdovely
02-20-2008, 10:48 AM
I got the neon fun blankie today :woot: It is gorgeous and I can't wait to knit on it. I am a little swamped at the moment..hopefully I can get to it in the next day or two. I'll lyk when I am done and snap a pic.

Thanks so much for the 2 skiens of fun lash yarn...how fun!!! I might just have to crochet fun flip flops with it :)

Yay, I'm glad it arrived safely!

auburnchick
02-20-2008, 10:57 AM
Sandy,

You seem to have wonderful taste in yarn! The colors you use are always beautiful!

Secksiebrat
02-20-2008, 03:50 PM
The Dreamy Blues blanket was mailed out today (yesterday I just wasn't feeling good). Just going about 3 hours or so west of me. Hopefully it'll be there by the end of the week!

~danielle~

Foxyie
02-20-2008, 10:02 PM
all of the blankets are looking great and i'm finished with my part of the purple paradise blanket!

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e315/foxyie/100_5169.jpg

my finished part and the patterns i got from sandy.. thanks again!

i used a quilted diamond stitch pattern..a bit hard to see in the pictures but i'm happy with the way it looks in person

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e315/foxyie/100_5176.jpg

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e315/foxyie/100_5175.jpg

i hope the next knitter is ready! :)

bethany
02-21-2008, 10:23 AM
Shandeh, I checked the blogspot for the blankets and I really like how you have the pix, who's working on them and how the progress is going! Looks great.

MAmaDawn
02-21-2008, 11:48 PM
Sorry I didn't get these up the other night... but here are the Patriotic Party and Jewelry Box Blankets. I have a little over an inch to go on them. I had to frog patriotic party red (was almost done) it just looked messy with the stitch I was trying so I'm doing something different.

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e379/MamaDawn/DSCF1315.jpg

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e379/MamaDawn/DSCF1311.jpg

auburnchick
02-22-2008, 12:13 AM
Nice job, Mama!

gmmarton
02-22-2008, 09:54 AM
It looks beautiful...

bethany
02-22-2008, 09:55 AM
looks great! Can't wait to see all the stitch patterns in Patriotic Party!

Shandeh
02-22-2008, 10:17 AM
Wonderful work, everyone! It is always so encouraging to me to sign on to the forum, and see all our blankets being worked on. We are all such a good team!
:grphug:
You seem to have wonderful taste in yarn! The colors you use are always beautiful!
Thank you! I just get lucky, I guess. I usually only buy yarn that I REALLY like...and it has to be on sale! :teehee:

The Dreamy Blues blanket was mailed out today (yesterday I just wasn't feeling good).
Thank you Danielle! I hope you get better, my friend! :pout:

all of the blankets are looking great and i'm finished with my part of the purple paradise blanket!
i used a quilted diamond stitch pattern..a bit hard to see in the pictures but i'm happy with the way it looks in person
I love it! It looks GREAT! :thumbsup:
.....here are the Patriotic Party and Jewelry Box Blankets.
Love those blankets! Great job! :)

wickedphantm
02-22-2008, 11:17 AM
Nice Job everyone...the blankets all look wondeful and comfortable!

Secksiebrat
02-22-2008, 12:39 PM
Thank you Shandeh. This pregnancy is a bit rougher on me. I get sick to my stomach around lunch time and I can't seem to get rid of it. Food is just horrible to be right now! But for the first few hours every morning I feel decent!

~danielle~

bethany
02-22-2008, 01:46 PM
I hope you feel better Danielle. My second kiddo made me sick alllll the time! :( Ginger Altoids and Ginger Chews (from The Ginger People) savd me. And Vernor's Gingerale!

cdjack
02-22-2008, 03:19 PM
Just wanted to let y'all know that I received the "Dreamy Blues" blanket from Secksiebrat. Thanks for the candles! I'll go pick out some yarn and get started tonight.

alleusion
02-22-2008, 03:29 PM
The Sunny Days Blanket is on the move. Tracking number is CX 224 311 904 CA and can be checked at www.canadapost.ca.

There will be another package following shortly. The only thing this one has in it is the blanket sadly. I'm really sick and didn't want to make the next person in line wait any longer for the blanket.

MAmaDawn
02-22-2008, 10:47 PM
Danielle, So sorry you are feeling so poorly, all 3 of mine were tough that way, I had to be on meds just to keep anything down... Hope and pray you feel better soon

alleusion, hope you are feeling better soon too and hey look at it this way, the next person gets the excitement of waiting for 2 packages...

bethany
02-23-2008, 02:58 PM
Shandeh! I got the Angel Wings blanket JUST NOW!! YAY!! It's so pretty you guys. This is my first blanket and I'm just so thrilled by the whole thing. I just got back from the yarn stores about an hour ago, and I KNEW that yellow was calling out to me for a reason...should have gotten it! Oh well, another trip tomorrow! ;)

Thank you for the card and tea too Sandy, they smell so good! I'll get cracking on this tomorrow!!

auburnchick
02-23-2008, 03:26 PM

I know you were eagerly anticipating its arrival, Beth! Yippee!!!! :cheering:

bethany
02-23-2008, 03:27 PM
:) we're responding to each others' posts in different forums at the same time!! HAHAH!!

auburnchick
02-23-2008, 03:35 PM
:) we're responding to each others' posts in different forums at the same time!! HAHAH!!

That's 'cause we're friends! Gal pals do that sort of thing, ya know! :thumbsup:

Shandeh
02-23-2008, 05:34 PM
You girls are so cute. :teehee:
This pregnancy is a bit rougher on me. I get sick to my stomach around lunch time and I can't seem to get rid of it. Food is just horrible to be right now! But for the first few hours every morning I feel decent!
Poor Danielle! :pout: I remember those days. I used to have "ALL DAY SICKNESS" instead of "morning sickness. :help: I nibbled saltines and ginger snaps and pretzels all the time. And drank peppermint tea and Coca Cola. And chewed Rolaids and Tums. (I think I tried every flavor they made.) :teehee:
The Sunny Days Blanket is on the move. There will be another package following shortly. The only thing this one has in it is the blanket sadly. I'm really sick and didn't want to make the next person in line wait any longer for the blanket.
I'm sorry you're sick, my friend. :pout:
I'll say a prayer for ya. :hug:

Shandeh! I got the Angel Wings blanket JUST NOW!! YAY!! Thank you for the card and tea too Sandy, they smell so good!
Yay! :woohoo:
Those are some of my favorite teas. I figured that we could share a cup of tea this way, since we can't meet in person. :heart:

mom2hancj
02-23-2008, 10:53 PM
The neon blankie is ready to move to the next knitter :) Here it is so far....it was so fun and bright and cheery to work on.

http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x74/mom2hancj/neonfunblanket.jpg

auburnchick
02-23-2008, 11:02 PM
Oh wow! I'm going to have to buy sunglasses to wear when I work on that one!

It looks awesome!

Secksiebrat
02-24-2008, 12:00 PM
Wow's that's a bright blanket! LOL

They all are looking great. I'm headed to San Antonio in the morning. Foxyie is sending the purples blanket to me there. Will let you guys know when I get it!

Have a great week!

~danielle~

MAmaDawn
02-24-2008, 04:47 PM
Patriotic Party blanket is ready to move on.... finished it today at church... I am hoping to get the Jewelry Box one done by Tuesday or Wednesday. Sorry these have taken me so long. I haven't had the amount of knitting time I usually do.

auburnchick
02-24-2008, 04:57 PM
Photos??

BTW, do you knit during sermons? I've seen a couple of threads about this (not that I've read the threads, but I've seen the subject heading).

MAmaDawn
02-24-2008, 05:07 PM
I do... we have a cafe and I sit out there, the sermons are on a TV so I don't miss anything. I find it helps me concentrate when it's a simple pattern (like ribbing) or such. When I don't (like today I finished before the sermon was over) my mind seems to wander. I don't knit if for some reason I'm in with everyone else I don't cuz I don't want to distract anyone around me. But if I'm out in the cafe then I kinda just figure that anyone that is out there isn't going to be distracted by my knitting with everything else going on out there.

I'll post more photos before I send it...

Shandeh
02-25-2008, 12:51 AM
MAmaDawn, you and I were probably knitting at the same time, because I was knitting at church this morning too! :teehee:

I was working on the "Cherry Blossoms" Preemie Blanket.

The Neon Fun Blanket looks SO COOL!!! I bet the kids at the hospital will be fighting over that one, because it's so bright and colorful.
:woohoo:

bethany
02-25-2008, 11:10 AM
k, started on the Angel wings blanket in a dreamy Creamcicle peach color...yum...and I did about an inch last night...AND I wanted to say thanks for forcing me to knit continental! LOL! I always get too anxious with whatever project I'm doing to stick with it, but I did last night! (At least til the last row, when my continental muscles were getting sore and I switched to English to knock it out!)

And I drank the organic tea you sent Sandy...yummy! TY!

gmmarton
02-25-2008, 10:28 PM
Sandy,

I just received Fairy Dance this afternoon and have been knitting up a storm. I suspect I will be able to mail it out to the next person on the list on Wednesday. Would you please PM me when convenient?

Thanks, also, for the tea bags. I can't wait to have something special with my breakfast tomorrow.

Gail
CT

gmmarton
02-26-2008, 08:11 AM
Sandy,

I'm all done with Fairy Dance. It went so quickly, I just had to finish it last night. I will be able to post it Wednesday after school. I am hoping the next knitter is ready. Thanks!

Gail

Foxyie
02-26-2008, 12:10 PM
hey Secksiebrat the blanket is on it's way to you!

0304 1070 0002 3619 5333

enjoy!

Secksiebrat
02-26-2008, 01:04 PM
Wonderful! I'll look for it later this week! Thanks for being willing to send it to my mom's house!

~danielle~

Shandeh
02-26-2008, 02:58 PM
I drank the organic tea you sent Sandy...yummy! TY!
That's my FAVORITE tea! I'm glad you liked it too! :heart: I think it's so cool that it's naturally sweet....I never add sweetener to it at all.
Thanks, also, for the tea bags. I can't wait to have something special with my breakfast tomorrow.
You're welcome! :hug:
I'm all done with Fairy Dance.
:thud: Wow! That was FAST!

Shandeh
02-26-2008, 04:02 PM
I completed my part of the "Berry Bliss" blanket. I added a layer of cream on top of the raspberries in my section. :)
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2153/2294458740_9b4d23d152.jpg

GiddyKnitter
02-26-2008, 04:57 PM
That pattern is very effective Sandy xx

auburnchick
02-26-2008, 05:10 PM
Sandy,

It's beautiful! What a nice touch with the cream at the top. It will separate the colors nicely!

mom2hancj
02-27-2008, 03:32 PM
I have finished the neon fun blanket and am not sure who is the next person on the list. I feel bad b/c it is sitting and I just wanted to try to get it to the next knitter. Thanks yall.

auburnchick
02-27-2008, 04:53 PM
pinnut3200 is the next person on the list, according to the site (http://babyoddball.blogspot.com/) that has the blankets listed.

Secksiebrat
02-27-2008, 07:34 PM
I got the purples blanket today! Thanks for the hand dyed yarn! It's beautiful!

I will get working on it tomorrow!

~danielle~

cdjack
02-27-2008, 10:26 PM
I drove into town today to mail the "Dreamy Blues" blanket to MamaDawn... and I forgot the blanket :doh: .
I'll mail it first thing tommorow.

Shandeh
02-27-2008, 11:27 PM
Have finished my section of the Circus Fun blanket and will send it out tomorrow. Sandy could you please send my the address of the next knitter. Thanks for the ball of Caron simply soft, that is one huge ball of wool. will save the leftover for another blanket.
Thanks Karina! Sorry I wasn't able to get back to you today. Wednesday is the busiest day of the week for me until Easter, because I'm playing organ for the noontime Lent services every week, then going straight to teach 7 piano lessons. I finally get home at about 8:30 or 9 PM, then have to rush through dinner and read email. I'll check with the next knitter now.
I have finished the neon fun blanket and am not sure who is the next person on the list. I feel bad b/c it is sitting and I just wanted to try to get it to the next knitter. Thanks yall.
Sorry for the delay, my friend! :pout:
Just checked the list for the Circus blanket and it looks like Catz is the next on the list. If Sandy is not available, Catz could you PM me your address.
Thanks for the link auburnchick
Thanks for being proactive on getting the next knitter!

I drove into town today to mail the "Dreamy Blues" blanket to MamaDawn... and I forgot the blanket :doh:
Sounds like something I would do. :teehee:

Here's the latest list of blankets, updated:

Fruity Loops - SteveDallas is almost finished

Sunny Day - travelling to rissa

Neon Fun - going to pinnut3200

Circus Fun - ready to leave Karina

Patriotic Party - going to Spikey

Purple Paradise - on to the way to Secksiebrat

Shamrock Hills - with jjminarcik

Fairy Dance - travelling to traceleighj

Gorgeous Grapes - ready to leave Spikey

Purple Passion - Shandeh is mailing to Karina tomorrow

Dreamy Blues - on the way to MAmaDawn

Angel Wings - with bethany

Berry Bliss - Shandeh is mailing to wickedphantm tomorrow

Jewelry Box - on the way to rissa

Firetruck Lane - MAmaDawn is casting on

Rainbow Joy - Shandeh is casting on

gmmarton
02-28-2008, 06:40 PM
Fairy Dance was posted via Priority Mail to Tracie J. this afternoon. Delivery Confirmation No: 0306 0320 0001 5128 0155.

Thanks!

Gail M.
CT

gmmarton
02-28-2008, 06:41 PM
Sandy,

Can you add me to the list of knitters for "Rainbow Joy?" If not, I'll wait for another to come my way.

Thanks!

traceleighj
02-28-2008, 09:52 PM
Fairy Dance was posted via Priority Mail to Tracie J. this afternoon. Delivery Confirmation No: 0306 0320 0001 5128 0155.

Thanks!

Gail M.
CT

Thanks so much Gail! I can't wait!:balloons:

Shandeh
02-29-2008, 12:09 AM
Can you add me to the list of knitters for "Rainbow Joy?" If not, I'll wait for another to come my way. Thanks!
I'll be glad to add you to the "Rainbow Joy" blanket! :)

Now, we need 3 more knitters for that blanket. It will be rainbow colors, of course. Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Violet.

I'll start with Red. Which color do you want, gmmarton?

Shandeh
02-29-2008, 12:33 AM
Today, I mailed the "Purple Passion" blanket to Karina in England.

I also mailed the "Berry Bliss" blanket to wickedphantm.
DC# 0307 1790 0000 6840 7479

bethany
02-29-2008, 12:52 AM
Hi Sandy! I finished the Angel Wings and could get it out to the next person! I'll take pics in the am, when there is some light out there... :)

Foxyie
02-29-2008, 01:04 AM
Secksiebrat glad you like the yarn!

Shandeh, you can add me to the rainbow joy blanket!

Shandeh
02-29-2008, 01:25 AM
Shandeh, you can add me to the rainbow joy blanket!
Wonderful! :)

Which color would you like to add to the blanket? (I want us to each knit with just one color for our sections on that one, so it will really look like a rainbow when it's complete.)
Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, or Violet
(I'm starting off with Red)

Foxyie
02-29-2008, 02:18 AM
well i have purple, green ,yellow and blue yarns.. so i guess i'll go for yellow!

gmmarton
02-29-2008, 08:02 AM
How about blue?

rissa
02-29-2008, 08:56 AM
I'd be happy to work on the rainbow blanket. Put me where you need me! I have some purple red heart, its not the red heart soft, so I don't think I'd use that. So, more than likely I'll take it shopping with me, hehe!

suziehomemaker
02-29-2008, 09:20 AM
Add me to the Rainbow Joy blanket too. I have a gift card to Michael's that I've been saving for charity projects when I don't have the specific yarn in my stash so any color will work.

Thanks!

Shandeh
02-29-2008, 12:36 PM
well i have purple, green ,yellow and blue yarns.. so i guess i'll go for yellow!
Yellow it is! :thumbsup:
How about blue?
Sure thing! :)
I'd be happy to work on the rainbow blanket. Put me where you need me!
Thanks so much! :cheering:
Orange and Green are available now. Which one do you want?
(You and Spikey are the only ones left.)

Add me to the Rainbow Joy blanket too. I have a gift card to Michael's that I've been saving for charity projects when I don't have the specific yarn in my stash so any color will work. Thanks!
Woo Hoo! :woohoo:

Suziehomemaker, I'll put you down for purple, and you can finish the blanket for us. :wink:

rissa
02-29-2008, 01:20 PM
I'll take green! My favorite color :D

Shandeh
02-29-2008, 01:25 PM
Cool! :mrgreen:

So, that means Spikey will be using orange yarn. :)

Here is our list for the "Rainbow Joy" Blanket:
Shandeh - Red
Spikey - Orange
Foxyie - Yellow
rissa - Green
gmmarton - Blue
suziehomemaker - Purple

I think we should just stick with simple garter stitch for it, so the COLOR is the theme. Is that okay with everyone?

gmmarton
02-29-2008, 01:31 PM
You bet! It will work up in a snap!

Thanks!

suziehomemaker
02-29-2008, 02:04 PM
Sounds great!

Secksiebrat
02-29-2008, 02:12 PM
I am about half way done with the purple paradise blanket. I don't think I'm "scheduled" for any other baby blanket (on 1 for preemie) so when you start another one, please add me to it :)

~danielle~

Shandeh
02-29-2008, 02:17 PM
You asked for it, you got it! :)

I'm starting FIVE NEW BLANKETS!!!! :cheering:

Easter Basket (pastels)

Pink Power

Jungle Park

Happy Crayons

Ocean Waves

bethany
02-29-2008, 04:50 PM
Sandy, you can sign me up for the Easter basket...I have plenty of pastels right now! ;) Also, I'll be getting Angel wings in the mail tomorrow to Kelly!

suziehomemaker
02-29-2008, 04:55 PM
I have some red that I could use for these. One is a bright fire engine red and the other is a deeper rich red.

auburnchick
02-29-2008, 06:05 PM
Please sign me up for any of the new blankets! I have no preference! With all of my newly-found freedom (i.e. I'm officially done with classes...for GOOD!), I'll have plenty of time to work on them!

Thanks!

Shandeh
02-29-2008, 07:05 PM
Sandy, you can sign me up for the Easter basket...I have plenty of pastels right now! ;) Also, I'll be getting Angel wings in the mail tomorrow to Kelly!
Thanks! :hug:
I have some red that I could use for these. One is a bright fire engine red and the other is a deeper rich red.
Cool! You are already signed up for the "Firetruck Lane" blanket, so use the bright red for that one. If you want, I can put you on the "Happy Crayons" blanket for the darker red.
Please sign me up for any of the new blankets! I have no preference! With all of my newly-found freedom (i.e. I'm officially done with classes...for GOOD!), I'll have plenty of time to work on them!
Congratulations on finishing your classes! :woohoo:
I'll add you to the "Easter Basket" blanket. :)

cdjack
02-29-2008, 07:16 PM
"Dreamy Blues" is on its way to MamaDawn. The tracking number is: 0307 0020 0003 5274 7176.

Shandeh, add me on to one of the new blankets. It doesn't matter to me which one.

gmmarton
02-29-2008, 07:21 PM
Sandy,

Not to be too hoggish or anything like that, but may I also be on Pink Power or Easter Basket? Or, if you need someone to fill in, I'm available.

Thanks! Incidentally, I love the names of these blankets!

auburnchick
02-29-2008, 07:23 PM
Not to be too hoggish or anything like that

This is like an addiction, isn't it?

gmmarton
02-29-2008, 07:28 PM
Here, here...it is really blissful to work on these blankets.

Spikey
02-29-2008, 08:34 PM
I agree! I'd be happy to work on more, after Rainbow Joy and Patriotic Party.

snowbear
02-29-2008, 08:49 PM
OK.. Just had to respond.. I'm sitting here crying. The love that is pouring out for these blankets are so wonderful. I can't wait till I'm able to start delivering all these wonderful blankets.

I am so humbled that an idea I swiped from Shandeh has turned out to be so great with awesome Shandeh keeping up w/ it all.
I can't wait to see the faces on those kids. It is something that takes just a little time from all of us, means so much to someone else.
You guys are the best, and you absolutely rock!

:grphug: :hug: :heart: :muah: