PDA

View Full Version : Oddball Baby Blankets - SOFT, Worsted Weight Yarn

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8

stagebear
04-21-2008, 12:54 AM
Sugar & Spice and Puppy Dog Tails are both ready for the next knitters!
I used Bernat Satin in Camel for both of them.
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3028/2430537130_4cd1a7ba80_o.jpg
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3230/2430537192_166e68c7ca_o.jpg

Cynamar
04-21-2008, 01:00 AM
Rainbow Joy is a very happy blanket. Beauiful!

suziehomemaker
04-21-2008, 09:00 AM
I received Berry Bliss this weekend and plan to get started on that as soon as I finish the preemie blanket that Shandeh sent me. I think I'm going to use a deep red for strawberry but I haven't decided for sure yet.

Mary - Thanks so much for the yarn and bookmark. That litting sewing maching is so cool and it's the perfect time of year to get started on my cotton projects!

Shandeh
04-21-2008, 04:18 PM
:waving: I went ahead and started one, thinking it might be okay. If it makes too many new ones right now, I'll just hold onto it for awhile. I'm thinking "Citrus Punch" for it - I'm using a bright lime and bright lemonade-y yellow to start it off. I thought it would be bright and cheerful. Any takers for it?
Great! I'm going to change the name to "Sunshine Punch", since we already have a "Citrus Punch" in the Preemie blankets. :)
Sugar & Spice and Puppy Dog Tails are both ready for the next knitters!
I'll check on the next knitters right now! :thumbsup:

auburnchick
04-21-2008, 06:07 PM
Pretty Princess arrived today! :cheering:

Lookie, lookie...

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3258/2432537788_806d3e73d8.jpg

Thank you, traceleighj, for the beautiful tin of Peppermint Herbal tea! When I opened the package, the aroma was heavenly!!! What's amazing is that it's caffeine free. I do not drink caffeine, so this is perfect!

:muah:

auburnchick
04-21-2008, 06:46 PM
Ok, ladies, I almost thought it was my birthday today.

Not only did I receive Pretty Princess, but I also received Melon Medley! :happydance:

Thanks, Gail, for the yarn (Tahki Cotton Classic) and The Friday Night Knitting Club. It really did feel like Christmas as I opened the package!

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2319/2432537816_983a5d0fa3.jpg

Shandeh
04-21-2008, 11:01 PM
Yesterday, I received a package that I was not expecting at all! The package I sent to Howdovely (formerly beekaync) was returned! :pout: (Silly me.....I put the wrong address....:doh:)

So, I guess that means I still have to cast on "Pink Power". :teehee:

I started last night, using a stitch pattern I found in one of my knitting books. I think it will work well. I would like for us to use bright pink, bright orange, and white for this blanket. :thumbsup:

By the way, we still need knitters for a few new blankets:

"Fairy Land" - needs 2 more knitters
"Melon Medley" - needs 3
"Speed Racer" - needs 4
"Sunshine Punch" - needs 4

traceleighj
04-21-2008, 11:09 PM
Pretty Princess arrived today! :cheering:
Thank you, traceleighj, for the beautiful tin of Peppermint Herbal tea! When I opened the package, the aroma was heavenly!!! What's amazing is that it's caffeine free. I do not drink caffeine, so this is perfect!

You are so welcome! I am suprised you got it today, I just mailed it on Saturday.......
I LOVE that tea- and you can't ever go wrong with caffeine free. The best part? You can't even tell that it is.

Foxyie
04-22-2008, 12:16 AM
hi all! the blankets are looking fantastic as always!

rainbow joy is great !

i might have to make one for myself someday.. all those caron colors go together very nicely.

i got a late start on ocean waves so i decided to just go with garter. i should be done by friday.

the blog says jjminarcik is next so i'll pm her and see if she is ready!

gmmarton
04-22-2008, 08:17 AM
Sandy,

Can you add me to the list of knitters for "Speed Racer" please?

Thanks!

Gail

GiddyKnitter
04-22-2008, 08:22 AM
Ok, ladies, I almost thought it was my birthday today.

Not only did I receive Pretty Princess, but I also received Melon Medley! :happydance:

Thanks, Gail, for the yarn (Tahki Cotton Classic) and The Friday Night Knitting Club. It really did feel like Christmas as I opened the package!

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2319/2432537816_983a5d0fa3.jpg

Great package...I have read that book it's great x

pinnut3200
04-22-2008, 09:44 AM

"Melon Medley" - needs 3
"Speed Racer" - needs 4

If you still need more knitters. please add me to "Sunshine Punch" and "Speed Racer."

kellyh57
04-22-2008, 10:52 AM
Go ahead and throw me on another blanket. I don't care which one. Whichever fits best :)

Kelly

threesmom
04-22-2008, 11:16 AM
Ditto for me - whichever one works or still needs a knitter.:mrgreen:

Sunshine Punch is almost done - I would have finished it last night if I hadn't decided to frog a good bit of it. Just wasn't loving the pattern. But it should be ready in the next few days, then off to Spikey.:cheering:

Oh, and Sunshine Punch is a great name - I thought Citrus Punch sounded familiar - I just couldn't figure out why.:aww:

jhelanee
04-22-2008, 11:30 AM

"Melon Medley" - needs 3
"Speed Racer" - needs 4

Please add me to the "Fairy Land" blanket. I can crochet and would be happy to do the finishing work if you put me last. (This goes for other blankets I am on as well if you still need help with any of those) :heart:

gmmarton
04-22-2008, 12:22 PM
I'd like to be on "Speed Racer."

Thanks!

bethany
04-22-2008, 02:07 PM
Hello! I took my sweet time on getting it out, but I mailed Easter Blanket today, conf# 03052710000038281743. It is on it's way to Auburnchick, the not-a-birthday girl! haha!

Shandeh, I'm available for a blanket too, just let me know which one! :)

auburnchick
04-22-2008, 06:13 PM
"Someone" has been reading my blog, I see. :teehee:

Better late than never, Beth. :thumbsup:

wickedphantm
04-22-2008, 06:25 PM
Shandeh, go ahead and add me to Sunshine punch, if you still need knitters that is!

Shandeh
04-22-2008, 06:27 PM
....if we still need knitters for Speed Racer, I can help out:mrgreen:
You got it! :thumbsup: You'll be next, after HollyP casts it on.
i got a late start on ocean waves so i decided to just go with garter. i should be done by friday. the blog says jjminarcik is next so i'll pm her and see if she is ready!
I sent her a message as well. :wink:
Can you add me to the list of knitters for "Speed Racer" please?
Sure thing! :hug: You'll be after threesmom.
If you still need more knitters. please add me to "Sunshine Punch" and "Speed Racer."
Great! :heart: You'll be after gmmarton on "Speed Racer", and after traceleighj on "Sunshine Punch".
Go ahead and throw me on another blanket. I don't care which one. Whichever fits best :)
Thanks! I've placed you on the "Melon Medley" blanket. :)
Ditto for me - whichever one works or still needs a knitter.:mrgreen:
:cheering: I already had you on "Speed Racer", so I just added you to "Fairy Land" also.
Please add me to the "Fairy Land" blanket. I can crochet and would be happy to do the finishing work if you put me last. (This goes for other blankets I am on as well if you still need help with any of those) :heart:
Thank you, my friend! You're at the end of "Fairy Land". The only other blanket I found that I could put you last on is the Preemie Blanket, called "Ocean Blues". :hug:
I'm available for a blanket too, just let me know which one! :)
Thanks bethany! I've added you to the "Melon Medley" blanket. :)

After all those updates, here is what I still need:

Melon Medley - need 1 knitter
Speed Racer & Sunshine Punch - need 2 knitters

That's enough blankets for now. My eyes will start spinning around inside my head if we add any more! :teehee:

HollyP
04-22-2008, 07:54 PM
Sandy put me where ever you need me on any blanket!

Shandeh
04-22-2008, 08:22 PM
Sandy put me where ever you need me on any blanket!

Thanks! I just added you to the "Sunshine Punch" blanket.

I also added a new Oddball Knitter named kellee0302 to "Speed Racer".

Now, we need 1 knitter on each of these blankets:
Melon Medley, Speed Racer, and Sunshine Punch

If no one else joins, I'll take care of them. :)

wickedphantm
04-22-2008, 09:34 PM
you can add me to sunshine punch or melon medley :)

knitttina
04-22-2008, 09:45 PM
You can add me any where you need to!!!!

Shandeh
04-22-2008, 11:45 PM
you can add me to sunshine punch or melon medley :)
You can add me any where you need to!!!!
Thank you, ladies! :muah:

I've placed wickedphantm on "Melon Medley"
and knitttina on "Sunshine Punch"

NOW....I have some new openings, because I am going to give myself a break on a couple of the blankets. So, there are a couple openings here if anyone wants them!

"Just Ducky" "Hard Candies" and "Speed Racer" each need ONE knitter. :)

gmmarton
04-23-2008, 07:01 AM
I'll knit on "Just Ducky"

MAmaDawn
04-23-2008, 08:09 AM
Put me on Speed Racer

And firetruck lane is going out now... sorry for the delay I was out of town and didn't get it out....

Shandeh
04-23-2008, 01:37 PM
I'll knit on "Just Ducky"
Thanks! :hug:
Put me on Speed Racer
Thanks MAmaDawn, but I already got a PM from someone to knit on that blanket. :wink:

cdjack
04-23-2008, 02:28 PM
If you still need a knitter for "Hard Candies", I'm more than happy to work on it.

Spikey
04-23-2008, 05:41 PM
Hi Gang,
Here's Happy Crayons, getting ready to head to Constance123. Sorry for the delay, but I've been a bit under the weather (hence the garter stitch). It will go in the mail tomorrow.

Spikey
04-23-2008, 05:44 PM
And here's Summer Fun. The colors are actually much brighter and more Summery in person. My part was done with a Diagonal Rib Stitch and Caron SS in Sage.

Are you ready for me to send it on, pinnut3200? If so, please PM me your address.

pinnut3200
04-23-2008, 06:43 PM
Are you ready for me to send it on, pinnut3200? If so, please PM me your address.

Yes, I'm ready. :happydance:

I sent you my address in a PM

Thanks,

auburnchick
04-23-2008, 07:37 PM
The blankets are looking lovely, ladies! :inlove:

auburnchick
04-23-2008, 08:52 PM
I just finished knitting my portion of Melon Medley. I used Caron Simply Soft "Limelight," and I continued the moss stitch that gmmarton had used. The cable is stiff, so I had to hold down the blanket to get a good picture.

I've already talked to the next knitter. I'll get it in the mail on Friday.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2170/2437866142_f10cd356c2.jpg

HollyP
04-23-2008, 09:03 PM
Very pretty!! I love moss stitch!!

All the blankets are looking lovely!

pinnut3200
04-23-2008, 09:31 PM
The cable is stiff, so I had to hold down the blanket to get a good picture.

If you have a stubborn and stiff cable again, use a hair dryer on it. It helps.

snowbear
04-23-2008, 09:35 PM
Those look sooo awesome! I can see a delivery happening soon!

Shandeh
04-23-2008, 11:17 PM
If you still need a knitter for "Hard Candies", I'm more than happy to work on it.
Thanks cdjack. I've already received a request from another knitter for that blanket. I'll send you a PM. :)
Here's Happy Crayons, getting ready to head to Constance123. Sorry for the delay, but I've been a bit under the weather (hence the garter stitch).
And here's Summer Fun. The colors are actually much brighter and more Summery in person. My part was done with a Diagonal Rib Stitch and Caron SS in Sage. Are you ready for me to send it on, pinnut3200? If so, please PM me your address.
Great job, Spikey! I hope you're feeling better now. :pout:
I just finished knitting my portion of Melon Medley. I used Caron Simply Soft "Limelight," and I continued the moss stitch that gmmarton had used.
Lovely!

Our blankets are going so quickly now! You are all so amazing.
:heart: :grphug: :heart:

Knittinicole
04-24-2008, 09:52 AM
Just Ducky is nearly ready to go. Sorry for the delay! Work has been absolutely crazy this week! And the Dr. at our office is gone so it makes no sense! I goofed the first time around with the pattern stitch I used so I frogged it and began again. It looks much better now but then I realized I didn't knit the first 3 and last 3 stitches!!!:doh: :wall: So I am not going to frog it again. If you want to put me at the end again I can crochet a border that will make it look nice even without the knit stitches at the begining and end, I can't believe I messed it up!!
Does anyone else have any interesting or crazy jobs that interfere with their knitting??:wink: :teehee: I just work for a dental office.

snowbear
04-24-2008, 12:03 PM
Hard candies will go out soon, almost ready.. I'm starting w/ red & white that looks like pepermint. I've been away a bit.. but back now.

Shandeh
04-24-2008, 12:40 PM
Just Ducky is nearly ready to go. ........I realized I didn't knit the first 3 and last 3 stitches!!!
No problem, my friend. We'll take care of the border at the end. Everyone else on that blanket (Just Ducky) can knit their design, without worrying about the garter stitch also. :thumbsup:

By the way, I used to work for a dental office also. It was a crazy place! :teehee:

threesmom
04-24-2008, 01:25 PM
Sunshine Punch is all set to travel! I did some frogging too, and it's still not just right, but it's better.
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3067/2439247362_00e111084d.jpg
I'll pm Spikey now.

Knittinicole - I so understand about jobs getting in the way! Both jobs get in the way of my knitting - my mom "job" and the "job" job on the mental health unit - I'm not sure which one interrupts more! Although, I did teach my adolescent group to knit one week (you know, healthy coping, relaxation) - so I did actually get to knit FOR work once. If it could just happen more!

suziehomemaker
04-24-2008, 04:23 PM
I should be finished with Berry Bliss tonight.

Shandeh - Can I get the info for the next knitter?

Thanks!

Spikey
04-24-2008, 07:07 PM
I raced out of work and got to the post office 3 minutes after it closed! :wall:

But the packages (Happy Crayons and Summer Fun) are all ready and DH is going to mail them for me in the morning. :happydance:

Cynamar
04-24-2008, 07:58 PM
They are all so beautiful! I love the different colors and different stitches that everyone uses. I hope the recipients appreciate them!

auburnchick
04-24-2008, 11:52 PM
Pretty Princess is ready to travel again!

I used Caron Simply Soft, "Pink 9912." The pattern is called Moss Stitch Diamonds from my knit & purl book (the one I've used many times).

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3207/2439534715_8880acef51.jpg

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2074/2440360246_c6c2ac1905.jpg

auburnchick
04-25-2008, 12:07 AM
Easter Basket arrived today! :cheering:

Thank you, Beth, for the soap (apple pear), stickies (:roflhard:), and the beautiful hand-dyed, hand-spun yarn. :inlove:

When the Yarn Harlot starts making socks out of your yarn, I'll tell her that I knew you "when..." :muah:

Here's a photo of the blanket and goodies...

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2392/2440390976_32d31991e0.jpg

bethany
04-25-2008, 08:36 AM
;) you're welcome! (But, while someone dyed that, I didn't do that one!)

Knittinicole
04-25-2008, 09:29 AM
Just Ducky is FINALLY ready to move! I just need the next knitters address. Another question, what do I need to include with the blanket? I already have some "goodies" for the next knitter but what else? Am I supposed to have a card in there or spiral book or something? I see that included in pictures sometimes and if so, what is that for?
Also if at some point the last knitter could return my needles that would be great or just start a new blanket on them!
Can't wait for my next blanket to arrive!!! This is so much fun!:cheering:

Nicole

Foxyie
04-25-2008, 09:32 AM
i've got a pic of ocean waves and it should be sent out to jjminarcik today

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e315/foxyie/100_6526.jpg

auburnchick
04-25-2008, 09:51 AM
what do I need to include with the blanket? I already have some "goodies" for the next knitter but what else? Am I supposed to have a card in there or spiral book or something? I see that included in pictures sometimes and if so, what is that for?

Do you have an instruction sheet for the blanket? Sandy can send you that. I put a card with the blanket I started and wrote the name of the blanket on it. I signed my name and figure the other knitters will follow suit, adding their names. Some people have been getting little journal-like books. Just a little something to sign and pass along.

And that's it!

BTW, Ocean Waves is looking lovely! Makes me want to drive out to the beach and soak in the sun. Oh wait, I drove to the beach 2x yesterday. Here are a few photos I took on the way to my company's beach office:

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2183/2439534199_9c4c459d0d.jpg

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2042/2440359744_dcc6a9e98a.jpg

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2172/2440359764_2647ff1b50.jpg

kellyh57
04-25-2008, 01:53 PM
Hey, Nathalie, I went and got your Knit and Purl book. (I think anyway. It is the Harmony Guides one, right?) I had some $$ left on an Amazon gift certificate and remembered how much you used it so I got it! I love it! I've already used it 2x this week! (I'm making rectangles for the soldiers' project.)

Just wanted to let you know that you helped pick out my birthday present!

Kelly

HollyP
04-25-2008, 03:08 PM
Ocean waves is beautiful!! So is pretty Princess! I am really proud to be among such a talented and giving group of knitters. :hug:

auburnchick
04-25-2008, 04:36 PM
Hey, Nathalie, I went and got your Knit and Purl book. (I think anyway. It is the Harmony Guides one, right?) I had some $$ left on an Amazon gift certificate and remembered how much you used it so I got it! I love it! I've already used it 2x this week! (I'm making rectangles for the soldiers' project.)

Just wanted to let you know that you helped pick out my birthday present!

Kelly

:cheering:

I'm glad you've already used it a couple of times! I think this is one of the best impulse purchases I've made in awhile. Ok...well, maybe the best purchase was the yarn I bought in Vegas. The book was one of the most "practical" purchases I've made in awhile. Yeah, that's what I meant to say. :teehee:

I'm glad you're enjoying the book. Now, I'll have to send Amazon an email requesting my commission! :rofl:

Shandeh
04-25-2008, 06:00 PM
They are all so beautiful! I love the different colors and different stitches that everyone uses. I hope the recipients appreciate them!
I'm sure they will. cloud9
The recipients are children at the Children's Mercy Hospital in Kansas City, Missouri. They pick the blanket they want, and keep it with them all the time! :)
Just Ducky is FINALLY ready to move! I just need the next knitters address. Another question, what do I need to include with the blanket? I already have some "goodies" for the next knitter but what else? Am I supposed to have a card in there or spiral book or something? I see that included in pictures sometimes and if so, what is that for? Also if at some point the last knitter could return my needles that would be great or just start a new blanket on them! Can't wait for my next blanket to arrive!!! This is so much fun!:cheering: Nicole
Thanks Nicole! :)
About the next knitter....I'll get that confirmed for you now, and will send you a private message with their address included.

About the package: Just send the blanket, with a small card. You can sign the card, and write the city and state you are located in. We will each do the same, and give it with the blanket. We can not write "Get Well", because sometimes the children don't get well. :pout: We can not write anything religious, because the children and families are from various faiths.

If you want to include any goodies for the next knitter, feel free to do that, but do not add anything perishable. Sometimes, our packages get lost in the mail (one package was lost for 6 months!), so it's best to avoid food.

I've made a notation on my spreadsheet about the knitting needles belonging to you. I will make sure they are returned.
:thumbsup:

I will send you a private message now, with the "Oddball Baby Blanket Memo" attached. You can just print it out and include it with the blanket. :hug:

Spikey
04-25-2008, 06:15 PM
Summer Fun is on its way to pinnut3200 (conf#0306 3030 0002 2994 9817).

Happy Crayons is on its way to Constance123 (conf# 0307 0020 0003 8548 3805).

MAmaDawn
04-25-2008, 08:02 PM
I just realized that I didn't change the number of stitch on the sheet I sent with Firetruck Lane. It should be 102 stitches, HollyP can you change that for me? Thanks so much.... sorry for that :doh:

HollyP
04-25-2008, 11:00 PM
No problem MamaDawn! I'll be sure do it as soon as it gets here.

HollyP
04-26-2008, 02:37 PM
Firetruck Lane came in today's mail!The note already said 102 stitches. I will start working on it tonight. I have the perfect idea and yarn for this one!!
Thanks for the fun yarn MamaDawn! The colors are great they really remind me of summer. I can't wait to try it!

auburnchick
04-26-2008, 05:05 PM
Easter Basket is ready to travel! I finished my section as my daughter's team began playing one of the most stressful games I've ever had sit through. Unfortunately, I finished the blanket before the game got intense, so I had no stress reliever. We're fortunate that I did not throw up on the blanket...that's how stressful it was.

Anyhow, here's a picture of the puke-free blanket. :teehee:

I used Caron Simply Soft, 'Baby Brights Ombre' (which feels like Red Heart...). The pattern is called Gaston's Stitch, found on this site (http://www.angelhugs.ca/ks11.html).

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3082/2444064254_9b462e0733.jpg

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2219/2443237851_d72de2cb90.jpg

snowbear
04-26-2008, 06:51 PM
The blanket is beautiful.. but did DD win?

auburnchick
04-26-2008, 07:24 PM
Oops...guess I left out that part, eh? Are you sitting on the edge of your seat? :teehee:

The game wound up tied after two overtimes, so they went to penalty kicks. Our keeper stopped two of the other team's kicks. We won! It took awhile for me to regain my legs and my stomach. :teehee:

snowbear
04-26-2008, 07:30 PM
:cheering: :woohoo: :woot: :yay: :thumbsup:

OK.. Don't do that again.. I was begining to wonder if you would post tonight or not!

Whew... Sooo glad they won.... lol

bethany
04-27-2008, 08:46 PM
ooh, that's looking gorgeous! Look at all that texture!

MAmaDawn
04-28-2008, 12:24 PM
So glad you liked the yarn Holly, and glad that I DID change the stitch # on it.... having 3 kids makes me a little loopy sometimes....

How are Sunny Day and Jewelry Box doing, haven't heard anything about them for a while and I didn't see them on the webpage.

threesmom
04-28-2008, 01:41 PM
I love all that texture on Easter Basket - it looks great! And I can see I really need to get one of those stitch dictionaries. Is it the Harmony Knit and Purl that some of you have? Does anyone have any others they like alot? I've been using some of the websites for ideas, but I just get frustrated with all the clicking back and forth! :teehee:

MAmaDawn
04-28-2008, 01:46 PM
A Treasury of Knitting Patterns is what I have and I LOVE it. I have the first and want to get the rest of them!

pinnut3200
04-28-2008, 04:28 PM
Summer Fun arrived in Wyoming and brought some sunshine with it. Thanks.

Thank you Spikey for the Peaches & Cream. I love working with this yarn.

The card accompanying this blanket is adorable. Who made it?

Pictures to be posted soon.

jjminarcik
04-28-2008, 05:56 PM
I received Ocean Waves in the mail today from Foxyie! It looks wonderful - very beachy!!! I can't wait to start working on it! :cheering:

Foxyie - thank you for the hand dyed yarn! That blue is my FAVORITE color! :heart::heart:

Secksiebrat
04-28-2008, 06:25 PM
Summer Fun arrived in Wyoming and brought some sunshine with it. The card accompanying this blanket is adorable. Who made it?
I handmade the card. I like to do scrapbook pages and card making in my spare time as well. Glad you liked the card :)

~danielle~

auburnchick
04-28-2008, 07:01 PM
I love all that texture on Easter Basket - it looks great! And I can see I really need to get one of those stitch dictionaries. Is it the Harmony Knit and Purl that some of you have? Does anyone have any others they like alot? I've been using some of the websites for ideas, but I just get frustrated with all the clicking back and forth! :teehee:

Yes, it is the Harmony book. You should be able to find it on Amazon for a decent price. It was well worth what I paid!

HollyP
04-28-2008, 07:17 PM
Hi! I just finished Firetruck lane. I'll post a pic tomorrow when the light is better. Right now my flash is doing some funky thing with the look of the blanket! Could I please have the next knitter's info. Thanks!!

I also got the yarn and needles for "Speed Racer". Sandy:hug: thank you so much for the yarn. I have no idea what I will do with it yet but I love it!

auburnchick
04-28-2008, 07:22 PM
According to the blog (http://babyoddball.blogspot.com/), the next knitter is Pinnut3200. :thumbsup:

Shandeh
04-28-2008, 10:51 PM
How are Sunny Day and Jewelry Box doing, haven't heard anything about them for a while and I didn't see them on the webpage.
Rissa has had both of them since March, and I haven't heard from her. So, I've removed them from the blog until I know what's going on with them. :pout:

I can see I really need to get one of those stitch dictionaries. Is it the Harmony Knit and Purl that some of you have? Does anyone have any others they like alot?
Here are my favorite stitch dictionaries:
Big Book of Knitting Stitch Patterns (http://www.amazon.com/Big-Book-Knitting-Stitch-Patterns/dp/1402727631)
Beautiful Knitting Patterns (http://www.amazon.com/Beautiful-Knitting-Patterns-Gisela-Klopper/dp/1402722265)
The Complete Encyclopedia of Stitchery (http://www.amazon.com/Complete-Encyclopedia-Stitchery-Mildred-Graves/dp/038512385X)
Beginner's Guide Knit Stitches & Easy Projects
(Leisure Arts pamphlet - pictured here)
http://www.mypollywogs.com/la75003.jpg

I also got the yarn and needles for "Speed Racer". Sandy:hug: thank you so much for the yarn. I have no idea what I will do with it yet but I love it!
Have fun! :)

auburnchick
04-28-2008, 11:55 PM
I have that pamphlet, Sandy! In fact, I'm making the cabled pillow...adapting it to be a comfort throw/lapghan for a friend who just had surgery for colon cancer. That's a great little book! ADAllen sent it to me when she sent me one of the larger oddball blankets.

Shandeh
04-29-2008, 12:09 AM
I really like that booklet, because it's small, and I can carry it EVERYWHERE! I find that I use it more often than the others, just because it's more convenient.

Foxyie
04-29-2008, 12:41 AM
jjminarcik you are welcome..and i know it was your fav color..ravelry told me! :teehee:

pinnut3200
04-29-2008, 09:50 AM
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3203/2452119014_0f3066818c.jpg

Summer Fun is ready to travel. :happydance:

pinnut3200
04-29-2008, 10:38 AM
A great site for finding knitting stitches is http://www.stickamera.se/links.php?cat=19

Spikey
04-29-2008, 11:58 AM
Wow! Nancy, you are super speedy and it looks great!

auburnchick
04-29-2008, 01:17 PM
Summer Fun looks terrific!!! :cheering:

Thanks for the link too!

HollyP
04-29-2008, 01:20 PM
Here's Firetruck Lane. I used Simply Soft in white and black. When Sandy said this was named Firetruck lane I knew I wanted to do dalmatian spots. Honestly what is a firetruck without a dalmatian? The fire station down the street from my house has always had a dalmatian named Sparky.( I think they are on Sparky the 10th) He never goes on runs but I have seen him sleeping in the cab of the truck when they are cleaning it.
This was my first time doing real intarsia. I had a ton of fun making the spots! http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2244/2451611187_5a0c3f5ff4.jpg

traceleighj
04-29-2008, 01:46 PM
:eyes: Way too cute! Nice job......how creative.

pinnut3200
04-29-2008, 02:19 PM
The spots are fabulous. The child who receives this blanket is going to be delighted.

Great work! :thumbsup:

Shandeh
04-29-2008, 02:33 PM
Woo Hoo! Our blankets are on a roll! :woohoo:

Here's Firetruck Lane. I used Simply Soft in white and black. When Sandy said this was named Firetruck lane I knew I wanted to do dalmatian spots. Honestly what is a firetruck without a dalmatian?
I LOVE the dalmation spots! :heart: :inlove: :heart:

bethany
04-29-2008, 02:53 PM
The dalmation spots are awesome! Love it!!

Spikey
04-29-2008, 03:27 PM
LOVE Firetruck lane! Way to go!

threesmom
04-29-2008, 03:38 PM
Those dalmatian spots are AWESOME!! Wonderful job:yay:

auburnchick
04-29-2008, 05:00 PM
Oh, wow, that blanket is so cute!!!! What an extra special touch!

wickedphantm
04-29-2008, 07:59 PM
What a brilliant idea Holly! I would have never thought of that!! Good job :]

Howdovely
04-29-2008, 08:18 PM
LOVE love love the dalmation spots! What a GREAT job!!

Knittinicole
04-29-2008, 11:00 PM
Just Ducky is finally "waddling" :teehee: , its way to pinnut3200!

The tracking # is 03080070000014774094

A couple of things: 1) I bought and addressed the envelope and had my hubby pack and send it. He said he was very rushed and "threw it all together". So hopefully it arrives ok. I apologize in advance if it looks a mess! I did use a padded envelope but I have a feeling hubby just shoved everything in there!
2) I did a reversible knit pattern so there is no right or wrong side really. I did however forget to just knit the last row or two. I think I ended with a knit 5 purl5 row. I did included a very very long tail though so if you want to knit a couple of rows with it then great!
I am a very new knitter so I was really not sure what I was doing. I promise to improve next time!

That firetruck blanket is amazing!! Don't let my son see it, he will want one for sure!
Happy knitting everyone!:muah:

pinnut3200
04-29-2008, 11:21 PM
Just Ducky is finally "waddling" :teehee: , its way to pinnut3200!

The tracking # is 03080070000014774094

I did however forget to just knit the last row or two.

Thanks for the information. The last row you did will not be a problem, but thanks for the heads-up.

I am anxious to see the stitch that you used.

pinnut3200
04-29-2008, 11:22 PM
Congratulations on your engagement. You will have an exciting and busy year as you prepare for the ceremony.

heatherg23
04-30-2008, 11:18 AM
Hi,

Just curious, how long would a circular needle need to be to cast on 100 stitches?

Thanks
Heather

pinnut3200
04-30-2008, 11:46 AM
Summer Fun is on its way to cdjack in TX

Confirmation # 0307 1790 0001 9980 5489

threesmom
04-30-2008, 12:53 PM
Hi,

Just curious, how long would a circular needle need to be to cast on 100 stitches?

Thanks
Heather

I used a 29" for worsted weight. HTH

threesmom
04-30-2008, 01:04 PM
I got Puppy Dog Tails today!! I'm excited:cheering: And yarn for me! Thank you so much Stagebear, the color is really pretty.

And thanks to all your stitch book encouragement, I picked up The Big Book of Knitting Stitch Patterns (http://www.amazon.com/Big-Book-Knitting-Stitch-Patterns/dp/1402727631/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1209574813&sr=1-5) - So now I'm all set!

I packed up Sunshine Punch today - dh has a UPS shipment being picked up tomorrow for the nursery, so I'm sending it to Spikey that way. I'll post the tracking # when I get it.

Spikey
04-30-2008, 05:03 PM
Pretty Princess arrived today. Thanks, Nathalie, for the terrific yarn, very nice card, and lovely cuticle cream. :muah: I can't wait to give myself a manicure and give it a try.

auburnchick
04-30-2008, 05:57 PM
I'm glad the blanket arrived safely. :hug:

Ladylou
04-30-2008, 09:31 PM
Hey There Everyone!:D

Melon Medely arrived today and I must say that the pictures dont do it justice! :woot: cloud9 Thank you so much Nathalie for the beautiful soft yarn and welcoming card!:D:aww: The colors are perfect!:D

I'm going to use a deep purple color that is very fruity, hopefully i wont mess it up to bad!:knitting: :teehee:

Hope ya'll are doing well.

Love,
Lexie:muah:

auburnchick
04-30-2008, 09:33 PM
You will do just fine! I'm glad everything made it to you okay.

:hug:

snowbear
04-30-2008, 09:39 PM
I am so amazed at all the different blankets. I can't believe how many different ways each person has added to such a beautiful project.

The spots on the dalmation.. is awesome. It blew me out of the water. I can't wait for the hospital's reaction when I deliver them!

You Guys Rock!:muah: :hug:

Shandeh
04-30-2008, 10:45 PM
I agree Snowbear! This is an AMAZING group of knitters!
:cheering: :woohoo: :cheering:

Hi,
Thanks, Heather
I agree with threesmom. 29" works very well for 100 stitches.

Melon Medely arrived today and I must say that the pictures dont do it justice!
I'm going to use a deep purple color that is very fruity, hopefully i wont mess it up to bad!:knitting: :teehee:
Thanks Lexie! :hug:
I'm sure you'll do a fine job. This project is PERFECT for new knitters to get some good experience! :thumbsup:

Shandeh
05-01-2008, 03:06 AM
Here is the beginning of the "Fairyland" blanket.
Ladylou started it for us! Thank you for the goodies, Lexie!
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3144/2451732211_d2ff3fea69.jpg

And I was AMAZED to receive a COMPLETED baby blanket from Foxyie! cloud9 She said she worked on it while waiting to add her part on an Oddball Blanket. How cool is that?! :hug:
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2282/2452562784_b43f6cddff.jpg

By the way, my friends.....we need a replacement knitter to knit the last section of the "Rainbow Joy" blanket. Any takers to knit the dark purple section in garter stitch?

Spikey
05-01-2008, 08:27 AM
I'll be happy to finish it, if you're ok with me doing two sections. I've got lots of dark purple Caron SS

HollyP
05-01-2008, 10:31 AM
Hey all I'm so sorry for the delay on Firetruck Lane. This is finals week for me.I really haven't gotten much done beside studying and taking finals:zombie: I completely forgot I didn't send it! It's sitting here all ready to go. I take my last final this morning:woot: and I will take the blanket with me to mail after.

auburnchick
05-01-2008, 10:40 AM
Yay, Holly!! How many more classes until you're done?

threesmom
05-01-2008, 01:10 PM
Sunshine Punch went out today ... dh mailed it for me since I have some nasty little bug, but he failed to get confirmation numbers for me. I'm so sorry about that! Hopefully it makes it across the river okay!

Spikey
05-01-2008, 02:00 PM
Thanks, Beth! I'll keep an eye out for it. Sorry you are not feeling well. Hope it passes quickly :hug:

HollyP
05-01-2008, 03:14 PM
Yay, Holly!! How many more classes until you're done?
Well last semester I decided to go on for Nursing so 5 semesters or so. I finish the general studies degree I am working on now in 3 classes.

wickedphantm
05-01-2008, 04:07 PM
A fellow nursing major!!! It's so intense. But it will hopefully prove to be worthy in a few years :]

kayrun
05-01-2008, 06:12 PM
I got the Berry Bliss blankie yesterday!
Now to figure out what yarn to use....
and thanks to Angela for the pretty cotton yarn!
I'm a big fan of knitting washcloths, so this will be put to
good use :)
Karen G
in GA

MAmaDawn
05-02-2008, 07:16 AM
Karen since you love dishcloths you will like this group...

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/MonthlyDishcloths/

They email you the pattern for a dishcloth over a week twice a month, you don't know what it will be and watch it form as you knit it. It's a lot of fun!

Sandy, do you need another knitter for Fairy Land? If so I'll be happy to help. I thought I was on a pink one but I'm not. So that one will work out GREAT!

gmmarton
05-02-2008, 12:20 PM
I received "Rainbow Joy" from auburnchick this morning. Thanks so much for the lovely gifts, Nathalie!!! I shared the postcard (and blanket) with the kindergarten children who were in with me in my media center...they knew that the next color on the blanket should be blue (my color) and that we should end with purple!!! Their teacher is a new knitter, and she was excited to see the blanket and the potential of projects yet to come. This blanket will be a real "Joy" for the receiver! Thanks again.

auburnchick
05-02-2008, 12:52 PM
How fun! I'm glad the kids and teacher enjoyed it.

Out of all the blankets I've worked on so far, that is the one that my dh has commented about. There must be something about garter stitch. Lots of people liked that blanket (meaning the entire soccer team's parents)!

cdjack
05-02-2008, 02:48 PM
Just wanted y'all to know that "Summer Fun" has found its way to me safe and sound. The colors match the beautiful day we are having here! Thanks so much for the goodies, Pinnut3200! I'm about to have one of those candies right now.
I'll drive to town tomorrow to pick out some complementary yarn and get started this weekend.

pinnut3200
05-02-2008, 05:50 PM
I received "Just Ducky" from Knittinicole in today's mail.

Thank you Nicole for the tea (I LOVE tea!) :muah: and the yummy smelling soap. I think a hot bath with a cup of soothing tea is in order. Ahhhhh!

I just finished knitting on "Easter Basket" so your timing is perfect.

Pictures to be posted soon of both blankets.

Ladylou
05-02-2008, 09:48 PM
Hey Ya'll!

First off, hope everyone is feeling well.

I finished my section of Melon Medely today!:D I just need to know who to send it to next?:aww:

Love,

Knittinicole
05-02-2008, 10:40 PM
[QUOTE=pinnut3200;1103357]I received "Just Ducky" from Knittinicole in today's mail.

Thank you Nicole for the tea (I LOVE tea!) :muah: and the yummy smelling soap. I think a hot bath with a cup of soothing tea is in order. Ahhhhh![QUOTE]
QUOTE]

That tea is my favorite! A hot bath sounds awesome about now! Now if I can only figure out how to knit while I am taking a hot bath!;)

HollyP
05-02-2008, 11:05 PM
Now if I can only figure out how to knit while I am taking a hot bath!;)
Very carefully! :teehee:

pinnut3200
05-02-2008, 11:41 PM
Easter Basket is nearly finished.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3048/2460142745_63704e3b98.jpg

What is its next destination?

pinnut3200
05-02-2008, 11:42 PM
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2186/2460977610_c4efb7d626.jpg

According to the blog, wickedphantom is the next knitter for Just Ducky. Is that right?

auburnchick
05-03-2008, 12:17 AM
Pinnut, great job on the blankets! I love your color choices!!! :inlove:

Shandeh
05-03-2008, 01:27 PM
Sorry for being away for a couple of days. I needed some time to get some things accomplished at home. Also, my stepson was visiting, so that added more work to the pile. :pout:

I'm so glad you could all get along without me! :cheering:

Sandy, do you need another knitter for Fairy Land? If so I'll be happy to help. I thought I was on a pink one but I'm not. So that one will work out GREAT!
Thanks MAmaDawn! I'll be glad to add you to the Fairy Land blanket. :thumbsup:

(There's no telling what happened with the other blanket. My life has been CRAZY lately!) :teehee:

Out of all the blankets I've worked on so far, that is the one that my dh has commented about. There must be something about garter stitch. Lots of people liked that blanket (meaning the entire soccer team's parents)!
I think it's popular because the stitch is consistent throughout the blanket, and the colors are bright and happy together! :)

I guess we should do some more blankets with all garter stitch. It looks good, and it's QUICK! :thumbsup:

stagebear
05-03-2008, 01:41 PM
"Sugar and Spice" traveled safely to baronreads (from ravelry)!

Knittinicole
05-03-2008, 02:38 PM
Pinutt3200 those blankets look great! You must be the fastest knitter in the West! :teehee: This batch of blankets we are all working on now are some of the neatest I have seen! The rainbow and the firetruck blankets are two of my favs!

gmmarton
05-03-2008, 03:00 PM
I'm working in Blue on "Rainbow Joy" right now, and I like the idea of doing more blankets in garter stitch. The turnaround time for blankets from knitter to knitter should increase due to the simplicity of stitch and appearance. "Rainbow Joy" is very basic, yet very cool to look at.

Perhaps I will start "Rainbow Joy II!"

HollyP
05-03-2008, 04:41 PM
I'd love to be part of Rainbow Joy II! I have a ton of violet/purple in my stash.

snowbear
05-03-2008, 05:01 PM
I think that all the blankets are great. The stack is getting tall again.. with a few more received, a delivery is soon!

The same stitch throughout sounds fine.. but it is up to you guys.

I am just humbled to be delivering such awesome gifts from the heart.

*Waving a paw at all of you...*

Spikey
05-03-2008, 05:39 PM
Sunshine Punch arrived today. Thanks so much, Beth, for the gorgeous yarn and the sweet little note cards, plus the lovely note.

Off to raid my stash!

Howdovely
05-03-2008, 07:17 PM
I just finished Rainbow Sherbet on the train ride to Raleigh yesterday. Sandy, who is next? I'll snap a picture of it later and post it, and then get it in the mail on Monday if the next knitter is ready.

Howdovely
05-03-2008, 07:26 PM
Ok, am I losing my mind or what? Last night I had a dream that I looked in my neverending stash, and found an oddball baby blanket that I was supposed to work on and forgot. I don't recall the name, but it had greens and whites in it. In my dream, I panicked, and hurried my section along to get it back in the mail.

Well since I finished my part of Rainbow Sherbet yesterday (no, not a dream!) I looked at the blog to see where the one I really AM waiting for is and I don't see it. It was called something like Purple Paradise, Georgeous Grapes, or something.

Am I losing my mind, or is THAT blanket REALLY in my house somewhere, and I have lost it? (literally??)

Ugh.

pinnut3200
05-03-2008, 07:45 PM
Ok, am I losing my mind or what? Last night I had a dream that I looked in my neverending stash, and found an oddball baby blanket that I was supposed to work on and forgot. I don't recall the name, but it had greens and whites in it. In my dream, I panicked, and hurried my section along to get it back in the mail.

Well since I finished my part of Rainbow Sherbet yesterday (no, not a dream!) I looked at the blog to see where the one I really AM waiting for is and I don't see it. It was called something like Purple Paradise, Georgeous Grapes, or something.

Am I losing my mind, or is THAT blanket REALLY in my house somewhere, and I have lost it? (literally??)

Ugh.

I checked on the blogs and the only blanket that is purple that has your name listed is a Preemie Oddball Blanket:

Lavender's Blue
Howdovely - casting on
traceleighj
HollyP
Constance123
Spikey

Does that help?

pinnut3200
05-03-2008, 08:02 PM
Here is our "Gorgeous Grapes" blanket, ready to go to Spikey!
I used Caron Simply Soft in Violet.
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2343/2264878077_31e175a310.jpg

Brenda, it appears that "Gorgeous Grapes" fell off of the grid in mid-March. You might ask Sandy what her records show. Perhaps she can help relieve your anxiety and stop your dreams.

Howdovely
05-03-2008, 08:16 PM
I checked on the blogs and the only blanket that is purple that has your name listed is a Preemie Oddball Blanket:

Lavender's Blue
Howdovely - casting on
traceleighj
HollyP
Constance123
Spikey

Does that help?
Yes, I'm waiting for that to come - I'm excited about that one because it's my first Preemie one! Thank you!
Brenda, it appears that "Gorgeous Grapes" fell off of the grid in mid-March. You might ask Sandy what her records show. Perhaps she can help relieve your anxiety and stop your dreams.

Good idea, I'll wait for her to set me straight.
In the meantime, I'm working on a scarf using Bamboo yarn. Oh my, it' is SO soft to work with!!!!!

Secksiebrat
05-03-2008, 09:13 PM
Wow you dream about baby blankets too? I figured it was just me! I dream all the time that I'm forgotten to mail one out, or that there is one in my mailbox or that the postal lady is holding one hostage :teehee: until we move our mailbox (it's finally moved btw).

Ahhh nice to know I'm not the only crazy one :) :rofl:

~danielle~

Howdovely
05-03-2008, 09:25 PM
Wow you dream about baby blankets too? I figured it was just me! I dream all the time that I'm forgotten to mail one out, or that there is one in my mailbox or that the postal lady is holding one hostage :teehee: until we move our mailbox (it's finally moved btw).

Ahhh nice to know I'm not the only crazy one :) :rofl:

~danielle~

Wow, you are right. It is good to know I'm not the only one! Phew!!

snowbear
05-03-2008, 10:48 PM
OK.. I dream they escape from my delivery bag & I chase them down the street!

They each change into different shapes.. like the Easter Basket.. it changed into a Easter Basket..lol

You may now know why my cat doesn't sleep w/ me all night long, lol my bed after one of my weird dreams looks like I had more fun than I did! lol

Shandeh
05-04-2008, 01:37 AM
I'm working in Blue on "Rainbow Joy" right now, and I like the idea of doing more blankets in garter stitch. The turnaround time for blankets from knitter to knitter should increase due to the simplicity of stitch and appearance. "Rainbow Joy" is very basic, yet very cool to look at. Perhaps I will start "Rainbow Joy II!"
Yes, please do!!! :thumbsup:
You'll need to use red yarn. Are you up for that?

I'd love to be part of Rainbow Joy II! I have a ton of violet/purple in my stash.
Thanks Holly! I'll make you last in line, since that's where purple falls on the rainbow order.

Sunshine Punch arrived today.
Yay! I was nervous about this one, since there was no delivery confirmation on it. Whew! :pray:

I just finished Rainbow Sherbet on the train ride to Raleigh yesterday. Sandy, who is next?
I'll check on that right now. :)
Ok, am I losing my mind or what? Last night I had a dream................
Wow you dream about baby blankets too? I figured it was just me!
Wow, you are right. It is good to know I'm not the only one! Phew!!
OK.. I dream they escape from my delivery bag & I chase them down the street!
I dream about them too....but my dream is that my spreadsheet is corrupted on the computer. :help:
I looked at the blog to see where the one I really AM waiting for is and I don't see it. It was called something like Purple Paradise, Georgeous Grapes, or something.
The last thing I heard about "Gorgeous Grapes", it was delivered to mom2hancj on March 3rd. I've tried to reach her, with no luck. I hope she's okay. :pout: So, for now, I've removed it from the blog.

wickedphantm
05-04-2008, 10:04 AM
You can put me down for the BLUE section on Rainbow Joy II! I love the look of the first one, its gorgeous! But they all are :]

pinnut3200
05-04-2008, 10:52 AM
Sandy, if you still need knitters on some blankets, I would like to be added as my current Oddball commitment list is nearly complete. On the new blankets, once you have given others an opportunity to participate and still need knitters, you can add me on up to four blankets.

Thanks,

HollyP
05-04-2008, 11:24 AM
Speed Racer is ready to be sent to Beth(threesmom) tomorrow. I know the checkered flag comes at the end of the race but I couldn't resist! I used CSS in black and white. This blanket has 99 stitches, I changed the accompanying letter but I thought I would mention it now in case any was planning their stitch pattern.http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2057/2463854663_d8edab5955.jpg

gmmarton
05-04-2008, 01:46 PM
OK. I am starting "Rainbow Joy II" this afternoon. I will work in red worsted weight, probably Simply Soft since that is what I have here right now. Probably 100 stitches. Looks like we already have takers to work on the Blue and Purple sections of the blanket. I will pm Sandy right now so that she can make this one "official."

gmmarton
05-04-2008, 01:47 PM
Love the blanket...very creative!

gmmarton
05-04-2008, 01:47 PM
That is to say, "Speed Racer" is very creative-looking.

Spikey
05-04-2008, 01:54 PM
Speed Racer looks great!

I'd be happy to help on Rainbow Joy II. I still have plenty of Orange, thanks to Sandy.

auburnchick
05-04-2008, 02:04 PM
I can do green again (like the last time). Pick me, pick me. :teehee:

gmmarton
05-04-2008, 02:43 PM
Wow! Rainbow Joy II is organizing itself! This is what it looks like, everyone. I am starting the first section in Red, and these knitters have already asked to join in on this blanket.
Orange = Spikey;
Yellow = ??? yet;
Green = auburnchick;
Blue = wickedphantm and
Violet/Purple = Spikey

Spikey - I will be sending you the original Rainbow Joy to finish up using Purple, as well as Rainbow Joy II to work your magic in Orange. Looks like I can mail both Rainbow blankets together! I will try and get them posted tomorrow, but I will pm you tomorrow as to their status.

auburnchick
05-04-2008, 03:07 PM
If nobody wants to do yellow, I will, since I'll be doing the green afterwards.

kellyh57
05-04-2008, 04:19 PM
I've got yellow "Love This Yarn" that is calling out for a blankie! Shhhh, listen. Can you hear it? :teehee:

Kelly

auburnchick
05-04-2008, 04:27 PM
Yep...I hear it! It says, "I'm so soft, use me, use me!!" :roflhard:

HollyP
05-04-2008, 04:40 PM
I said I would do purple but if you need me too I will do yellow.

eta I didn't see Kelly's request to do you yellow. If you need me put me down if not, I'll be around! (Rainbow JoyIII perhaps?)
Seriously you can put me down anytime you need someone. I love working on these!!

gmmarton
05-04-2008, 05:42 PM
Perhaps the Yellow part of Rainbow Joy II can go to Kellyh57? That would mean we have enough knitters for all six sections. I have to admit, I do like the idea of Rainbow Joy III...someone else organize that one. I will be mailing out both Rainbow Joy baby blankets to Spikey tomorrow.

Gail

gmmarton
05-04-2008, 05:44 PM
Woops! Sorry...I wanted to say someone else might want to organize Rainbow Joy III. Sorry if my tone sounded strong...I was editing and lost control of the keyboard!!! Time to meditate and clear the head!

Ladylou
05-04-2008, 05:56 PM
I'd love to knit on Rainbow Joy III if you need someone!:D I've seen pictures of the Rainbow Joy I and it looks lovely!:woohoo:

Also, Melon Medely is ready to be sent out:) I havnt heard anything from kellyh57 (sorry if thats spelled wrong:aww: ) and wanted to make sure that shes okay:heart:

Love,

gmmarton
05-04-2008, 07:00 PM
Perhaps you would like to begin Rainbow Joy III? I began Rainbow Joy II this afternoon, and will be mailing it out to Spikey. The first color on the Rainbow blanket should be red...

If you choose to organize Rainbow Joy III, don't forget to let Shandeh know about it. Much Luck!!

snowbear
05-04-2008, 08:13 PM
Just goes to show,if knitters ran the world, we'd have everything organized, everyone working to help others, and alot of enjoyment..lol

kellyh57
05-04-2008, 11:48 PM
I'd love to knit on Rainbow Joy III if you need someone!:D I've seen pictures of the Rainbow Joy I and it looks lovely!:woohoo:

Also, Melon Medely is ready to be sent out:) I havnt heard anything from kellyh57 (sorry if thats spelled wrong:aww: ) and wanted to make sure that shes okay:heart:

Love,

I've replied to Shandeh's PM and she should have PM-ed you my address. If you need it again, let me know and I'll send it along!

Kelly

MAmaDawn
05-05-2008, 08:15 AM
I'll work on Rainbow Joy III, just put me where ever, if I don't have the yarn I'll get it. Do you think we should do the same thing with pastels? Make it like a rainbow?

Spikey
05-05-2008, 10:13 AM
Do you think we should do the same thing with pastels? Make it like a rainbow?
That's a great idea! A pastel rainbow...I have some lovely lavendar that could go at the end.

Robinknits
05-05-2008, 12:16 PM
I'm back from my trip to the Dominican Republic. So I'm ready for Firetruck Lane when it's my turn. Shandeh - you can add me to a couple more as well.

pinnut3200
05-05-2008, 02:30 PM
Mailed this morning:

"Just Ducky" -- to wickedphantm in OH #0307 1790 0001 9983 5592

"Easter Basket" -- to jjminarcik in TX #0307 1790 0001 9983 5585

Have fun ladies.

Shandeh
05-05-2008, 03:02 PM
You can put me down for the BLUE section on Rainbow Joy II! I love the look of the first one, its gorgeous! But they all are :]
You got it! :thumbsup:
Sandy, if you still need knitters on some blankets, I would like to be added as my current Oddball commitment list is nearly complete. On the new blankets, once you have given others an opportunity to participate and still need knitters, you can add me on up to four blankets.
Thanks! I'll use you when we start a new one. Do you want to be part of Rainbow Joy III (pastels)?

We have pink, light yellow, light orange, light green, and light blue available.

Speed Racer is ready to be sent to Beth(threesmom) tomorrow. I know the checkered flag comes at the end of the race but I couldn't resist!
I love the checkered flag!!! :woohoo:

OK. I am starting "Rainbow Joy II" this afternoon. I will work in red worsted weight, probably Simply Soft since that is what I have here right now. Probably 100 stitches. Looks like we already have takers to work on the Blue and Purple sections of the blanket. I will pm Sandy right now so that she can make this one "official."
I'd be happy to help on Rainbow Joy II. I still have plenty of Orange, thanks to Sandy.
I can do green again (like the last time). Pick me, pick me. :teehee:
I've got yellow "Love This Yarn" that is calling out for a blankie!
I said I would do purple.....
Excellent! The Rainbow Joy II blanket is ready to go! :)
Red - gmmarton
Orange - Spikey
Yellow - kellyh57
Green - auburnchick
Blue - wickedphantm
Purple - HollyP
Spikey - I will be sending you the original Rainbow Joy to finish up using Purple, as well as Rainbow Joy II to work your magic in Orange.
Good plan! :thumbsup:

I'd love to knit on Rainbow Joy III if you need someone!
I'll work on Rainbow Joy III, just put me where ever, if I don't have the yarn I'll get it. Do you think we should do the same thing with pastels? Make it like a rainbow?
That's a great idea! A pastel rainbow...I have some lovely lavendar that could go at the end.
Great! I know that Spikey wants to do light lavender. And Ladylou and MAmaDawn want to participate. Which colors do you want?

Rainbow Joy III ("Pastel Rainbow")
Pink
Light Orange
Light Yellow
Light Green
Light Blue
Light Lavender - Spikey

I'm back from my trip to the Dominican Republic. So I'm ready for Firetruck Lane when it's my turn. Shandeh - you can add me to a couple more as well.
Thanks Robin! pinnut3200 is waiting to work on Firetruck Lane, and you'll get it when she is finished. You came back just in time for it! :teehee:

I'll make a note that you're ready to work on more blankets. :wink:

pinnut3200
05-05-2008, 03:16 PM

Thanks! I'll use you when we start a new one. Do you want to be part of Rainbow Joy III (pastels)?

We have pink, light yellow, light orange, light green, and light blue available.

Sandy,

You can put me down for light yellow on Rainbow Joy III (pastels)

Thanks.

Ladylou
05-05-2008, 03:26 PM
Hey There!:D

I have a really beautiful light green and a great yellow! I would love to work either of these colors into the Rainbow Joy III!:Dcloud9

Please just let me know!:woot:

Love,

threesmom
05-05-2008, 04:10 PM
I'd be happy to do either the light pink or blue section of the pastel rainbow ... I love how rainbow blankets look! Just let me know!

MAmaDawn
05-05-2008, 04:18 PM
I have light blue but will work on any part...

HollyP
05-05-2008, 04:44 PM
Firetruck lane is finally in the mail to Nancy ! I'm so so sorry. It was in my car and I completely forgot about it. Delivery confirmation # 03041560000251945997

Speed Racer is on it's way to Beth confirmation # 03041560000251946000

gmmarton
05-05-2008, 05:35 PM
Rainbow Joy and Rainbow Joy II were mailed out to Spikey this afternoon. Delivery Confirmation #: 0306 0320 0001 5128 3255. Happy knitting!!! Gail

auburnchick
05-05-2008, 06:02 PM
Wow! You can't go too long without reading this thread! Lots going on today!

:passedout:

gmmarton
05-05-2008, 07:30 PM
It seems like everyone just loves a Rainbow...or II...or III!!!

bethany
05-05-2008, 07:55 PM
I can do the pastel orangey section of rainbow III. :) Think that one's covered now too! zzzzzooooommmmmmm!!

We're fast! :)

snowbear
05-05-2008, 08:38 PM
wow
I can't wait to see these awesome blankets. You guys rock big time!

threesmom
05-05-2008, 09:16 PM
Puppy Dog Tails is all ready to be shipped out tomorrow! It's going to a Ravelry member this time.

Here's a picture before it got packed up:

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2303/2469707912_79a63b8516.jpg

And thanks again to whoever posted the hint about using a hairdryer to straighten the circular cord - worked like a dream! I used it so I could get it to lie right for the picture - I just wished I had thought to use it while I was knitting rather than fighting with it:teehee:

Knittinicole
05-05-2008, 09:36 PM
I don't know how many more knitters are needed for Rainbow Joy III but you can stick me in on any color that is left!
Thanks
Nicole:hug:

Ladylou
05-05-2008, 10:46 PM
Wow! A lot does happen in this forum, theres almost another page and a half since this morning!!:heart:

Shandeh
05-06-2008, 02:26 AM
Wow! You can't go too long without reading this thread! Lots going on today!
Wow! A lot does happen in this forum, theres almost another page and a half since this morning!!
Yep! It takes me about 3 hours a day to sift through all the information on the Oddball projects. (Blankets, Lapghans, Shawls, Baby Blankets.) It's amazing how active these projects are! :)
I don't know how many more knitters are needed for Rainbow Joy III but you can stick me in on any color that is left!
Thanks Nicole! Believe it or not, there is not a single space available. But, I'll start another one, and call it "Rainbow Blocks". We'll do this one with primary colors again, and use an easy stitch pattern that makes little blocks. :thumbsup:

Here's the list of knitters for "Pastel Rainbow" (Rainbow Joy III)
Pink - threesmom
Light Orange - bethany
Light Yellow - pinnut3200
Light Green - Ladylou
Light Blue - MAmaDawn
Lavender - Spikey

And here's the knitters we have so far for "Rainbow Blocks"
Robinknits
pinnut3200
knittinicole
grannydani (Ravelry)
(We need 2 more knitters for that one)
Please let me know which colors you prefer from this list:
Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Purple
(Dark Colors)

pinnut3200
05-06-2008, 10:25 AM
"Rainbow Blocks"
Robinknits
pinnut3200
knittinicole
grannydani (Ravelry)
(We need 2 more knitters for that one)
Please let me know which colors you prefer from this list:
Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Purple
(Dark Colors)

Sandy, I will knit the orange or purple section of Rainbow Blocks

Robinknits
05-06-2008, 12:24 PM
Sandy - I'll take red for "Rainbow Blocks". Do you want me to start it? I can if you'll send me instructions.

threesmom
05-06-2008, 04:01 PM
I sent out Puppy Dog Tails today:
Delivery confirmation# 0307 0020 0005 2541 5406

And I picked up a needle so I'm all ready to start Rainbow Joy III. I just have one question - are we keeping it garter stitch like Rainbow I, or did we want to switch it up? I was planning on using either garter or seed stitch for my section to give it a base, so it doesn't matter too much, but I wanted to check before I went ahead and started. Thanks!:hug:

gmmarton
05-06-2008, 06:33 PM
See if this helps: http://oddballknitters.blogspot.com/

Knittinicole
05-06-2008, 08:57 PM
On Rainbow blocks I will knit which ever color section you want me on. My stash is low so I am going to buy whichever color yarn you put me on! :thumbsup:

snowbear
05-06-2008, 09:38 PM
Perfect excuse for a shopping trip

Shandeh
05-06-2008, 10:42 PM
Sandy, I will knit the orange or purple section of Rainbow Blocks
Sandy - I'll take red for "Rainbow Blocks". Do you want me to start it? I can if you'll send me instructions.
On Rainbow blocks I will knit which ever color section you want me on. My stash is low so I am going to buy whichever color yarn you put me on!
Here's the order for Rainbow Blocks!
Red - Robinknits
Orange - pinnut3200
Yellow - knittinicole
Green - Shandeh
Blue -
Purple -

I'll move the Ravelry knitter to a different blanket, so communication will be easier for this one. :wink:

How do you all feel about using my Seed Blocks pattern for the blanket?
Shandeh's Seed Blocks
Cast on 96 stitches
Knit first 6 rows, then start pattern
Row 1: K3, *P, K, P, K, P6*, end K3
Row 2: K3, *K5, P, K, P, K, P*, end K3
Row 3: repeat Row 1
Row 4: repeat Row 2
Row 5: repeat Row 1
Row 6: repeat Row 2
Row 7: repeat Row 1
Row 8: repeat Row 2
Row 9: K3, *P6, K, P, K, P*, end K3
Row 10: K3, *P, K, P, K, P, K5*, end K3
Row 11: repeat Row 9
Row 12: repeat Row 10
Row 13: repeat Row 9
Row 14: repeat Row 10
Row 15: repeat Row 9
Row 16: repeat Row 10
Repeat rows 1 16 to complete pattern
(I think that each knitter would need to do 2 repeats of the pattern.)
I picked up a needle so I'm all ready to start Rainbow Joy III. I just have one question - are we keeping it garter stitch like Rainbow I, or did we want to switch it up?
Let's keep it garter stitch, since that will make it go quick.

Shandeh
05-06-2008, 10:53 PM
By the way, I finally finished the start of "Pink Power"
:woohoo:
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3284/2471729875_a86939051a.jpg

I used Caron Simply Soft Brites in Watermelon. I chose to use the knitting stitch called "Mirrored Bars" on page 38 in the Big Book of Knitting Stitch Patterns (http://www.amazon.com/Big-Book-Knitting-Stitch-Patterns/dp/1402727631)
I cast on 102 stitches, which includes 3 knit stitches on each end for a border.

I would like for us to use hot pink, bright orange, and white for this blanket. I think that would look nice together. :)

GiddyKnitter
05-07-2008, 06:54 AM
That's a lovely pattern Sandy xx

Spikey
05-07-2008, 10:43 AM
Red - Robinknits
Orange - pinnut3200
Yellow - knittinicole
Green - Shandeh
Blue -
Purple -

I am happy to do the purple.

auburnchick
05-07-2008, 11:01 AM
By the way, I finally finished the start of "Pink Power"
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3284/2471729875_a86939051a.jpg

I used Caron Simply Soft Brites in Watermelon. I chose to use the knitting stitch called "Mirrored Bars" on page 38 in the Big Book of Knitting Stitch Patterns (http://www.amazon.com/Big-Book-Knitting-Stitch-Patterns/dp/1402727631)
I cast on 102 stitches, which includes 3 knit stitches on each end for a border.

I would like for us to use hot pink, bright orange, and white for this blanket. I think that would look nice together. :)

I like that pattern, Sandy! I would be more than happy to use white on that blanket! I can't remember if you have knitters signed up for it already.

HollyP
05-07-2008, 11:20 AM
Red - Robinknits
Orange - pinnut3200
Yellow - knittinicole
Green - Shandeh
Blue -
Purple -

I'd love to do the blue.

bethany
05-07-2008, 02:47 PM
hey threesmom--what about a twisted garter stitch for a little switch? Still fast, just a little twistier....?

MAmaDawn
05-07-2008, 03:24 PM
hey threesmom--what about a twisted garter stitch for a little switch? Still fast, just a little twistier....?

That sounds good to me....

bethany
05-07-2008, 03:57 PM
oh wait, I was just looking back and saw that Sandy recommended we still do garter stitch for the pastel rainbow. :) Missed that! It's all good, just thought you may have still been waiting for an answer Beth!

threesmom
05-07-2008, 04:27 PM
I appreciate it! And Sandy's recommendation sounds good right now - I got Speed Racer in the mail today! :cheering: (It looks AWESOME Holly!) And another Ravelry oddball baby blanket I signed up for. And I have another round robin charity blankie that came in this week too:eyes: But it's all good - Pastels is started, and easy peasy garter, and Speed Racer is all set to go too. And it's my daughter's gym night which gives me an extra hour of knitting time - woo hoo! Now, off to ... knit!

Ladylou
05-07-2008, 04:33 PM
Wow! Lots going on...

Okay, so just to make sure... for Rainbow III, we're doing a garter stitch or a twisted garter?

If we are doing a twisted garter, could someone give me the pattern?:aww:

Hope ya'll are well!

threesmom
05-07-2008, 04:51 PM
Rainbow III is straight garter. (twisted garter is just knit through the back loop).

Ladylou
05-07-2008, 04:58 PM
Thank you so much! That sounds like fun to try....:happydance:

Shandeh
05-07-2008, 08:45 PM
I am happy to do the purple.
I like that pattern, Sandy! I would be more than happy to use white on that blanket! I can't remember if you have knitters signed up for it already.
Here are the knitters for "Pink Power":
Me, cdjack, gmmarton, Spikey, auburnchick, karne (Ravelry)
So, you'll be able to use your white for it! :wink:
I'd love to do the blue.
I wish I could use you Holly, but gmmarton asked me for the blue section at 7 AM today. :pout: If you want, you can do green instead of me. Just let me know.

Here are the knitters for "Rainbow Blocks":
Robinknits (red), pinnut3200 (orange), knittinicole (yellow), me (green), gmmarton (blue), Spikey (purple)
Okay, so just to make sure... for Rainbow III, we're doing a garter stitch or a twisted garter?
It will be done with garter stitch. :)

And, just to keep things simpler, let's call that blanket "Pastel Rainbow". I'm confused enough with all the blankets, much less with 3 blankets of the same name! :roflhard:

And since we are on a "Rainbow" kick, let's start ANOTHER one. This one will be a NEON Rainbow. :cheering: Our last neon blanket looked so cool when it was finished. Here is the list of colors. (I'm thinking that Caron Simply Soft Brites (http://www.caron.com/color_cards/cc_brites.html)will work perfectly.) Who wants which color?
"Neon Rainbow"
Hot Pink (Watermelon)
Neon Orange (Mango)
Lemon Yellow (Lemonade)
Lime Green (Limelight)
Electric Blue (Blue Mint)
Bright Purple (Grape)

pinnut3200
05-07-2008, 09:12 PM
This one will be a NEON Rainbow. :cheering: Our last neon blanket looked so cool when it was finished. Here is the list of colors. (I'm thinking that Caron Simply Soft Brites (http://www.caron.com/color_cards/cc_brites.html)will work perfectly.) Who wants which color?
"Neon Rainbow"
Hot Pink (Watermelon)
Neon Orange (Mango)
Lemon Yellow (Lemonade)
Lime Green (Limelight)
Bright Purple (Grape)

Sandy,

i have a skein of Lime Green and would be glad to use it on Neon Rainbow if that section is still available.

Howdovely
05-07-2008, 09:21 PM
And since we are on a "Rainbow" kick, let's start ANOTHER one. This one will be a NEON Rainbow. :cheering: Our last neon blanket looked so cool when it was finished. Here is the list of colors. (I'm thinking that Caron Simply Soft Brites (http://www.caron.com/color_cards/cc_brites.html)will work perfectly.) Who wants which color?
"Neon Rainbow"
Hot Pink (Watermelon)
Neon Orange (Mango)
Lemon Yellow (Lemonade)
Lime Green (Limelight)
Bright Purple (Grape)

I can do the yellow! I'll use the same bright yellow I used for Neon Fun!!

Shandeh
05-07-2008, 09:24 PM
i have a skein of Lime Green and would be glad to use it on Neon Rainbow if that section is still available.
I can do the yellow! I'll use the same bright yellow I used for Neon Fun!!
Thank you both! :)

Now, we just need 4 more knitters for "Neon Rainbow".

Spikey
05-07-2008, 09:49 PM
Pretty Princess is finished and she looks great!!! I'll be sending her off to Snowbear tomorrow.

Spikey
05-07-2008, 09:50 PM
With the needle from Pretty Princess, we've decided to start a new, all red blanket, and call it "Red Roses". I've got lots of Caron SS in red and will send it along with the blanket. An added bonus is there will only be one end to weave in :woohoo:

So far, for Red Roses, we have:
Spikey
grannydani (Ravelry)
pinnut3200
Robinknits

We need two more knitters!
Anyone interested? Thanks!

Spikey
05-07-2008, 09:53 PM
Rainbow Joy and Rainbow Joy II arrived safely today. I can't believe how much Rainbow Joy has grown since I last saw it!

Thanks, gmmarton, for the gorgeous :inlove: mercerized cotton. I've not worked with that before and am really looking forward to it. The color is beautiful.

MAmaDawn
05-07-2008, 10:46 PM
I've got Mango and Watermelon already so I can do either one for Neon Rainbow. Do we want to do a simple, but different stitch with this one too? Like maybe a rib pattern? I love how all of these are taking off!:muah:

Shandeh
05-07-2008, 11:12 PM
With the needle from Pretty Princess, we've decided to start a new, all red blanket, and call it "Red Roses".
Thanks for starting a new blanket for us, Spikey! :muah:

I've got Mango and Watermelon already so I can do either one for Neon Rainbow. Do we want to do a simple, but different stitch with this one too? Like maybe a rib pattern? I love how all of these are taking off!
Thanks MAmaDawn! I'll use you for the orange section with your Mango yarn. :thumbsup: Let's stick with garter stitch for this one. Ribbed patterns cause the blanket to draw in, and we don't want that. :wink:

Shandeh
05-08-2008, 12:26 AM
Thanks to jhelanee, our "Angel Wings" blanket will soon be finished with a border!

It's been sitting in my craft room for WAY too long, so I'm sending it on to her. She's really good at doing crochet borders. :)

Thanks for your help, jhelanee! :hug:

gmmarton
05-08-2008, 12:35 AM
I can work on Red Roses...and I love the name!

gmmarton
05-08-2008, 12:40 AM
I can take Hot Pink (Watermelon) for "Neon Rainbow" (aka Rainbow Joy III). Did anyone take that color yet? I'd be happy to start this one, if that is the case. Just say "Go!"

gmmarton
05-08-2008, 12:45 AM
Woops...I guess this one isn't Rainbow Joy III, because that got changed to "Pastel Rainbow".

bethany
05-08-2008, 08:15 AM
this thread is amazing! Look at all these new blankets~Sandy, bless your heart for keeping track of all these! And what generous knitters. I can go on any blanket, with any color, just fill me in as needed!

HollyP
05-08-2008, 09:33 AM
Sandy I am completely flexible. If you need/want a break I can do green on Rainbow blocks. If not I'd be happy working on any of the blankets!
Spikey, If you still need someone for Red Roses put me down. If I am the last person I will be happy to do a border

Shandeh
05-08-2008, 01:10 PM
I can take Hot Pink (Watermelon) for "Neon Rainbow". Did anyone take that color yet? I'd be happy to start this one, if that is the case. Just say "Go!"
Go! :hug:
Let me know if you need yarn and needles.
I can go on any blanket, with any color, just fill me in as needed!
Thank you, bethany! :) I'm starting a new blanket right now, called "Fruit Stripes". You can be part of that one. We only need 2 more knitters! :cheering:
I can work on Red Roses...and I love the name!
Spikey, If you still need someone for Red Roses put me down. If I am the last person I will be happy to do a border
Let's have HollyP take the last spot for "Red Roses" after gmmarton. Now, there is a full slate of knitters for that blanket! :)
Sandy I am completely flexible. If you need/want a break I can do green on Rainbow blocks. If not I'd be happy working on any of the blankets!
I will gladly let you do the green, my friend. Thank you!

Shandeh
05-08-2008, 01:22 PM
Here is the updated list of knitters for our latest blankets:

Rainbow Joy II
gmmarton - red
Spikey - orange
kellyh57 - yellow
auburnchick - green
wickedphantm - blue
HollyP - purple

Rainbow Blocks
Robinknits - red
pinnut3200 - orange
knittinicole - yellow
HollyP - green
gmmarton - blue
Spikey - purple

Pastel Rainbow
threesmom - pink
bethany - light orange
pinnut3200 - light yellow
Ladylou - light green
MAmaDawn - light blue
Spikey - lavender

Neon Rainbow
gmmarton - hot pink
MAmaDawn - neon orange
Howdovely - lemon yellow
pinnut3200 - lime green
? - electric blue
? - bright purple

Red Roses
Spikey
grannydani (Ravelry)
pinnut3200
Robinknits
gmmarton
HollyP

Fruit Stripes
pinnut3200
Robinknits
bethany
(need 3 more knitters - and who wants to start it?)

Secksiebrat
05-08-2008, 01:30 PM
You can add me to the Fruit Stripes Blanket. I can be last if you'd like and do a border. Just let me know!

~danielle~

Shandeh
05-08-2008, 02:33 PM
You can add me to the Fruit Stripes Blanket. I can be last if you'd like and do a border. Just let me know!~danielle~
Thank you, Danielle! I'll be happy to have you add the border.
cloud9

LBECK
05-08-2008, 02:43 PM
I am new to this site but I would love to work on one of your blankets that you are doing in Garter (because I am new to knitting also but that I can do). Maybe the Neon Rainbow I would be happy to do the electric blue.

Ladylou
05-08-2008, 02:49 PM
Hey There!:hug:

I saw that you need a purple knitter for the Neon Rainbow blanket. I'm in if you still need one!:cheering: I'm not terribly good at borders, but i'd be happy to do one if its needed:aww:

Also, I would be happy to knit on the fruit stripes blanket, and start it if no one else wants to! I have a really pretty yellow that is just calling out from the closet...:teehee:

Love,

Shandeh
05-08-2008, 02:55 PM
I am new to this site but I would love to work on one of your blankets that you are doing in Garter (because I am new to knitting also but that I can do). Maybe the Neon Rainbow I would be happy to do the electric blue.
Wonderful! Welcome LBECK! :muah:
Just send me a private message with your name and mailing address, and I'll make it official!

I saw that you need a purple knitter for the Neon Rainbow blanket. I'm in if you still need one!:cheering: I'm not terribly good at borders, but i'd be happy to do one if its needed. Also, I would be happy to knit on the fruit stripes blanket, and start it if no one else wants to! I have a really pretty yellow that is just calling out from the closet...:teehee:
Thanks Lexie! You can be the purple knitter! :)

And you are welcome to start "Fruit Stripes" with yellow. Do you want me to send some knitting needles?

pinnut3200
05-08-2008, 04:12 PM
Firetruck Lane arrived safely in Wyoming.

:cheering:

MAmaDawn
05-08-2008, 04:22 PM
I just learned to crochet so if any end with me and need a border I can try it. I will be getting better though cuz I'm making squares for 2 afghans for Christmas and have to do sc all around them. I also am going to crochet around the edges of the whole blanket.

LBECK
05-08-2008, 06:30 PM
Great thanks I am looking forward to it. I sent you my address to make this official. Can't wait to get started.

auburnchick
05-08-2008, 06:36 PM
Welcome to KH! :waving:

wickedphantm
05-08-2008, 08:25 PM
I recieved Just Ducky today from Pinnut3200! Thanks for all the goodies! Have to go stash-shopping to find the perfect yarn!

On a side note, just a dumb question...but when joining new yarn should the right side be facing or should the wrong side be facing? I get so confused thinkning about this! :(

gmmarton
05-08-2008, 08:44 PM
The right is facing you...

threesmom
05-08-2008, 09:44 PM
Speed Racer is coming along nicely! I should finish up tonight, and be able post pictures tomorrow. And Pastel Rainbow is well on it's way too.

And if there is still a spot on "Fruit Stripes" I'd be happy to fill it.

Welcome LBECK!

Shandeh
05-09-2008, 01:53 AM
I just learned to crochet so if any end with me and need a border I can try it.
Yay! Another crocheter! :woohoo:
I think I'll place you at the end of "Happy Bluebirds" instead of Snowbear, so we can give her a little break. :wink:

Great thanks I am looking forward to it. I sent you my address to make this official. Can't wait to get started.
Welcome, Lisa! You are an official Oddball Knitter now! :)
...when joining new yarn should the right side be facing or should the wrong side be facing?
You should always join a new yarn on the right side of the knitted item. That way, the color change is clean and pretty.
...if there is still a spot on "Fruit Stripes" I'd be happy to fill it.
Believe it or not, "Fruit Stripes" is already full of knitters! :teehee:

I tell ya....all we have to do is name a blanket, and it IMMEDIATELY gets a full slate of knitters. Isn't it WONDERFUL?
cloud9

We are so blessed to have such an excellent group of knitters for our Oddball Baby Blankets. I am just more amazed everyday to see all of your knitting and hard work and excitement.
:heart: :hug: :heart:

I only have ONE opening on a blanket right now. Who wants to work on "Sugar & Spice"?

MAmaDawn
05-09-2008, 06:35 AM
Yay! Another crocheter! :woohoo:
I think I'll place you at the end of "Happy Bluebirds" instead of Snowbear, so we can give her a little break. :wink:

Sounds good to me! Glad to do it!

LBECK
05-09-2008, 08:24 AM
I have been crocheting for about 12 years so any time you want to add me to the end of a blanket I would be happy to do a border for you.:happydance:

LBECK
05-09-2008, 10:27 AM
I would like to work on Fruit Stripes if you still need someone. I could be last on it and do a border if you like. If it is not all in Garter st. that is good because I would like to try my skills at a new stitch.:-P

LBECK
05-09-2008, 10:30 AM
Oops sorry I didn't read far enough I saw that fruit stripes is full. Maybe I can be added to the next one.:aww: :teehee:

HollyP
05-09-2008, 10:56 AM
Hi LBeck! :hug: Welcome to KH and the oddball knitters!!! I love your avatar. Who is that beautiful baby?

cdjack
05-09-2008, 12:10 PM
"Summer Fun " was sent to Secksiebrat yesterday afternoon.
Confirmation number: 0307 1790 0005 5215 5138

Since it only has to travel a few hours, I would imagine it could get there by Saturday.

Howdovely
05-09-2008, 12:20 PM
Rainbow Sherbet was just mailed to Spikey!
Confirmation #0479 7712 9160 0604 8302

threesmom
05-09-2008, 12:50 PM
Speed racer is ready to travel. I finished up last night - I tried to keep with the checked theme, only with stitches only. I used SS Lemonade.
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2174/2477969957_eb08214fe0.jpg

I think you are next, gmmarton - are you ready?:cheering:

LBECK
05-09-2008, 01:00 PM
Hi LBeck! :hug: Welcome to KH and the oddball knitters!!! I love your avatar. Who is that beautiful baby?
Thank you. That beautiful boy is my new (6week old) grandson. Thanks for that too. We think he is something special.

LBECK
05-09-2008, 01:02 PM
Speed Racer is going to be a pretty blankie. I love the black and white check at the beginning. It would be neat if whoever finishes put it on the end as well.

Shandeh
05-09-2008, 01:03 PM
Oops sorry I didn't read far enough I saw that fruit stripes is full. Maybe I can be added to the next one.:aww: :teehee:
LBECK, I think I'll ask pinnut3200 if she will let you work on it. She is working on lots of blankets right now! :)
Speed racer is ready to travel. I finished up last night - I tried to keep with the checked theme, only with stitches only. I used SS Lemonade. I think you are next, gmmarton - are you ready?:cheering:
Great job! :thumbsup:
I think that gmmarton is always ready, but I'll check for ya. :wink:

LBECK
05-09-2008, 01:05 PM
LBECK, I think I'll ask pinnut3200 if she will let you work on it. She is working on lots of blankets right now! :)

Great job! :thumbsup:
I think that gmmarton is always ready, but I'll check for ya. :wink:
Thanks that would be great. If she wants to do that.

pinnut3200
05-09-2008, 01:18 PM
LBECK, I think I'll ask pinnut3200 if she will let you work on it. She is working on lots of blankets right now!

Pinnut3200 here. I do not mind at all. Please give my spot on Fruit Stripes to LBECK ;) She can also give her my spot on Sunshine Punch, if she would like to do another blanket.

Shandeh
05-09-2008, 01:22 PM
Speed Racer is going to be a pretty blankie. I love the black and white check at the beginning. It would be neat if whoever finishes put it on the end as well.
That WOULD be cool!
Hmmm....maybe HollyP would be willing to do it for us? :pray:

Shandeh
05-09-2008, 01:37 PM
Thank you, pinnut! :muah:

As much as I would like to start another blanket, I think we'd better hold off for a while. Right now, we have 26 regular baby blankets in progress, so let's concentrate on them for a while.

I'll get dizzy if I have to keep records on any more! :teehee:
(because, remember.....I'm also working on preemie blankets, full-size blankets, lapghans, squares, bulky blankets, and shawls.) :roflhard:

LBECK
05-09-2008, 01:55 PM
:woohoo: That would be great I will work on both if you want to add me to them. I am trying to figure out where I will fit in on these though Shandeh if you would fill me in that would be great. (just so I will know when it is my turn) I will try to keep up.cloud9

HollyP
05-09-2008, 01:57 PM
Sandy sent you a PM! I'd be more than happy to do the checkered flag at the end too!
Beth the yellow looks great!! It really is going to be a cool blanket!

LBECK
05-09-2008, 02:05 PM
Sandy sent you a PM! I'd be more than happy to do the checkered flag at the end too!
Beth the yellow looks great!! It really is going to be a cool blanket!
I think that will really set the stage for the racing theme of the blanket. I did a crocheted racing blanket for our company's relay for life team in June of 2007 it really turned out great. I will post a pic of it as soon as I figure out how to use this site a little better. Maye on Monday when I get back to work since I have it saved on my work pc.

Shandeh
05-09-2008, 02:09 PM
I am trying to figure out where I will fit in on these though Shandeh if you would fill me in that would be great. (just so I will know when it is my turn) I will try to keep up.
You can see the list of knitters on our blog:
http://babyoddball.blogspot.com/
It's not completely up to date right now, but I'll be working on it this weekend. :)
I will post a pic.....as soon as I figure out how to use this site a little better.
I like to use Flickr for my photos. www.flickr.com (http://www.flickr.com)
You can keep up to 200 photos on there for free. If you want to store more than that, you can pay $25 a year for an unlimited account. (That's what I do.)

But, you can upload photos straight from your computer to the forum if they are small enough. Just click the little mountain icon above, and read the guidelines there.

LBECK
05-09-2008, 02:35 PM
You can see the list of knitters on our blog:
http://babyoddball.blogspot.com/
It's not completely up to date right now, but I'll be working on it this weekend. :)

I like to use Flickr for my photos. www.flickr.com (http://www.flickr.com)
You can keep up to 200 photos on there for free. If you want to store more than that, you can pay $25 a year for an unlimited account. (That's what I do.)

But, you can upload photos straight from your computer to the forum if they are small enough. Just click the little mountain icon above, and read the guidelines there.
I will try this on Monday. My picture is saved on my pc at work.

Howdovely
05-09-2008, 05:11 PM
Thank you, pinnut! :muah:

As much as I would like to start another blanket, I think we'd better hold off for a while. Right now, we have 26 regular baby blankets in progress, so let's concentrate on them for a while.

I'll get dizzy if I have to keep records on any more! :teehee:
(because, remember.....I'm also working on preemie blankets, full-size blankets, lapghans, squares, bulky blankets, and shawls.) :roflhard:

Bulky Blanket?

snowbear
05-09-2008, 05:24 PM
OK.. Shandeh deserves the merit badge of organization.

With this many projects going on... I agree, let's get a few cleared out before starting new ones. I'm sure she needs a breather..

Also, happy Mother's Day Shandeh... and thanks again so very much for all your work!

threesmom
05-09-2008, 06:20 PM
I'd be more than happy to do the checkered flag at the end too!

That will look awesome! It's funny - the whole time I was knitting, I kept thinking "How cool would this be if the checkered flag was at the end too?"