PDA

View Full Version : Oddball Baby Blankets - SOFT, Worsted Weight Yarn

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Shandeh
10-18-2007, 12:18 PM
Hello, friendly knitters! :waving:

A few months ago, Snowbear started a project in our forum where we made baby blankets to donate to a hospital in her area.

Children's Mercy Hospital, in Kansas City, MO. -
http://www.childrensmercy.org/ (http://www.childrensmercy.org/)

We got off to a great start, and then life got in the way.

Snowbear has been dealing with a major health issue, so we have decided to continue her project on our own until she is better. (The knitters involved with the project asked me to handle it for now.)

Our goal is to give the blankets to the hospital near her home. If we get lots of knitters involved, we'll give blankets to other hospitals as well.

Here are the guidelines for the blankets:
* Small Snuggly size (20-25 inches)
* Knit with SOFT Worsted Weight Acrylic yarn
(the blankets will be washed in hot water at the hospital)
* Use UNISEX colors for the blankets
(preferably bright primary colors)

The blankets are started by casting on 90 - 110 stitches, using a size 7, 8, or 9 long circular needle. The first 3 to 6 rows are all knit stitches.

(See detailed guidelines for starting an Oddball Baby Blanket here: http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=79558)
Each knitter will knit for 4 inches, then forward the blanket to the next knitter. Each row should begin and end with 3 knit stitches, so the blanket will have a nice even border.

When the last knitter adds their section, they will end the blanket with 3 to 6 rows of all knit stitches, then bind off all the stitches loosely.

There should be a small greeting card kept with each blanket, where we can write our name, and the state we live in. We must avoid saying "Get Well", because sometimes the children don't get well. :pout: We should also avoid any religious statements, because the children and their families have many different beliefs.

Here is a stitch pattern we have used successfully for some of the blankets:

Row 1: Knit
Row 2: K3, Purl to last 3 stitches, K3
Row 3: K3, *K1, P1* (repeat between *s to last 3 sts), K3
Row 4: K3, Purl to last 3 stitches, K3

Here is an example of a blanket knit with the above pattern throughout:
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1358/778334060_55a525818a_o.jpg

You are free to use any stitch pattern you want for your section. Just be sure to begin and end each row with 3 knit stitches.

Here is an example of a blanket knit with different stitch patterns throughout:
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1139/784153082_840b4b8e67_o.jpg

Several forum members were involved in the project earlier.
If you have one of the blankets we started earlier, just post a message here, and we will find another knitter to work on it next.

We have recently updated our list, so the list of knitters has changed. If anyone else would like to join, just post a message here, or send me a private message.

Oddball Baby Blanket Knitters
beekaync
debinoz
Doodknitwit
HollyP
jhelanee
jjminarcik
losnana
rissa
Secksiebrat
Shandeh
Stirsmommy
Suziehomemaker
Tobinknit

Here is our list of knitters for the blankets that are getting started the last week of October, 2007:

Blanket #1 - Primary Colors
Shandeh - NC
Suziehomemaker - NY
Stirsmommy - MN
debinoz - KS
jjminarcik - TX
Secksiebrat - TX

Blanket #2 - Pastel Colors
Shandeh - NC
Doodknitwit - NC
beekaync - NC
rissa - ID
jhelanee - WA
Tobinknit - WA

Shandeh
10-18-2007, 12:23 PM
Here is Snowbear's original message about where the blankets will be donated:

The blankets will be donated to our local children's hospital. They specialize in infants & children. They have the dauting task of helping those infants who have been abused, injured, and extremely ill. I have been giving them blankets.. 1-2 every other month for quite a long time, and they are deeply appreciative of the gifts.

When some of these babies come in they have nothing, and to have a blanket that is theirs be able to stay with them, gives them a sense of security.

The nursing staff is very carefull to make sure the blanket stays with that infant and they become very attached to it. The toddlers themselves are allowed to pick a blanket if there is a choice.

The procedures and medical testing that some go through is aided by having an item that is theirs.. and isn't taken away each time.

suziehomemaker
10-18-2007, 01:16 PM
Sign me up! Thanks!

stirsmommy
10-18-2007, 01:23 PM
I would like to be on this list too. Have you heard how snowbear is doing??

Shandeh
10-18-2007, 02:17 PM
Thank you both for joining! :muah:

Have you heard how snowbear is doing??
No, I haven't, and I'm really worried about her! :pout:

stirsmommy
10-18-2007, 03:00 PM
I think I remember that she was going on a vacation during the secret theme swap. Maybe Jeanie would have a way to check on her.

Shandeh
10-19-2007, 05:46 AM
debinoz told me that she believes the blankets Snowbear donated went to Children's Mercy Hospital in Kansas City.

I'll try to contact them to confirm. :thumbsup:

debinoz
10-19-2007, 11:27 AM
I'm still here.... waiting..... I think the regular blankets would be a lot easier. Last I read the log cabins were sent to kellycarr05. I have no idea what happened to them after that.

jjminarcik
10-19-2007, 12:58 PM
I'm in! I really liked doing this before!

Shandeh
10-19-2007, 03:58 PM
I'm still here.... waiting..... I think the regular blankets would be a lot easier. Last I read the log cabins were sent to kellycarr05. I have no idea what happened to them after that.
Thanks so much Deb. :hug:

I'm only going to handle the regular blankets. I've asked Yarnlady to do the Log Cabin blankets in another thread. That will make things a lot less complicated in here. :)

I'm in! I really liked doing this before!
Thanks! :heart:

I'm going to wait a couple more days to see if there are any regular blankets still out there that didn't get finished. If I don't hear anything by Monday, we'll start another blanket or two. :thumbsup:

HollyP
10-19-2007, 03:59 PM
I'm pretty sure Sanibelle said she wasn't able to be a part of this for a while. I am 99.9% sure I replaced her on the log cabin blankets.

I agree with DebinOz maybe the regular blankets would be easier. They didn't seem to get stuck at people house as much as the log cabins have.

Shandeh
10-19-2007, 04:14 PM
I'm pretty sure Sanibelle said she wasn't able to be a part of this for a while. I am 99.9% sure I replaced her on the log cabin blankets.

I agree with DebinOz maybe the regular blankets would be easier. They didn't seem to get stuck at people house as much as the log cabins have.

Thanks Holly.

The two projects will be completely separate things. Our regular blankets will be handled here, and the log cabin blankets will be taken care of by Yarnlady.

I'm thinking it would be good to have 2 blankets going at a time. One can be primary colors and the other pastels. Would that be okay with everyone?

Shandeh
10-19-2007, 04:25 PM
OK, if anyone has any more questions about the Log Cabin blankets, you can discuss it with Yarnlady here:
http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/forum/showthread.php?t=68072

Thanks! :thumbsup:

rissa
10-19-2007, 06:39 PM
I'd love to participate in this! :D :muah:

Shandeh
10-19-2007, 09:47 PM
I'd love to participate in this! :D :muah:

Thank you so much, rissa! :hug:

stirsmommy
10-19-2007, 10:45 PM
So do we need to do something so that we can participate? Since I have never done this I am a bit (ok completely) with out a clue.

HollyP
10-20-2007, 01:13 AM
Stirsmommy all you have to do is knit a portion and send it to the next person. If you want to sign up send Shandeh a PM with your address.

The color scheme is a great idea! It will look so pulled together.

Tobinknit
10-20-2007, 12:04 PM
Count me in. I would love to help with the baby blankets too.

jhelanee
10-20-2007, 12:55 PM
I'll participate too! Sandy, I think I sent you my new address mid-Sept. Let me know if you are unsure if you have the right one.

~Jennifer

Doodknitwit
10-20-2007, 05:32 PM
sign me up:heart::heart::hug::hug: praying for Snowbear :pray:

Shandeh
10-20-2007, 10:27 PM
Thank you all so much for signing up so quickly! We'll be able to make LOTS of blankets now! :)

Sorry I was unavailable today. My husband's son, daughter and granddaughter are visiting this weekend. I've been incredibly busy, with a one-year old following on my heels every second. She's finally learned the name I'm going by "Maw Maw". So, she's been saying it constantly all day long. :teehee:

So do we need to do something so that we can participate? Since I have never done this I am a bit (ok completely) with out a clue.
All you need to do is have some worsted weight soft acrylic yarn, and be ready to work on a blanket. When you receive the blanket, you'll knit your part, then let us know when you finish. We'll then decide who will work on it next. You'll be responsible for the postage to the next knitter. We usually get delivery confirmation, so we don't lose our precious knitting.

The color scheme is a great idea! It will look so pulled together.
Thanks! I have a good feeling about it too. :)

Count me in. I would love to help with the baby blankets too.
Cool! :thumbsup:

I'll participate too! Sandy, I think I sent you my new address mid-Sept. Let me know if you are unsure if you have the right one.
Thanks, my friend! :hug:

Secksiebrat
10-23-2007, 05:09 AM
Count me in Shandeh :) I love to do these kinda blankets!

~danielle~

Shandeh
10-23-2007, 08:19 AM
Thanks for joining, Danielle! :muah:

sign me up, praying for Snowbear :pray:
Doodknitwit, I just realized that I don't have your mailing address! I thought for sure I would have it, but can't find it anywhere. Would you mind sending it to me in a private message?

Shandeh
10-23-2007, 08:39 AM
OK....after waiting a few days, I now have a new, updated list of knitters, which includes 11 knitters (including myself).

Since there are 11 of us, I've decided to start two blankets, which will each be continued by 5 other knitters. That way, we'll have 6 knitters on each blanket.

Each of us will knit for 4 inches, and the last knitter will bind off the stitches, after knitting 3 rows of garter stitch. Then, our blankets will be ready to mail to the hospital. No need for a border, because we will be making a border as we go, by knitting 3 stitches at the beginning and end of each row.

I'll start each blanket this week, and mail them out next week. Here is the list of knitters for each blanket (in order):

Blanket #1 - Primary Colors
Shandeh - NC
Suziehomemaker - NY
Stirsmommy - MN
debinoz - KS
jjminarcik - TX
Secksiebrat - TX

Blanket #2 - Pastel Colors
Shandeh - NC
Doodknitwit - NC
beekaync - NC
rissa - ID
jhelanee - WA
Tobinknit - WA

Secksiebrat
10-23-2007, 10:48 AM
:cheering: I get to be last! That's so exciting! Hehe I can't wait to get started..or finished? LOL

~danielle~

rissa
10-23-2007, 11:49 AM
Oh oh oh! I'm so excited to start! :woohoo:

suziehomemaker
10-23-2007, 12:01 PM
Sounds great!

stirsmommy
10-23-2007, 12:13 PM
Oh I am so excited. :woohoo:How long do we get to knit? I not in a time crunch or any thing I just want to know how long I have to wait. Does everyone need to do a different pattern??

Howdovely
10-23-2007, 01:04 PM
How exciting! I'm only third in line!!!!

Shandeh
10-23-2007, 09:41 PM
Oh I am so excited. :woohoo:How long do we get to knit? I not in a time crunch or any thing I just want to know how long I have to wait. Does everyone need to do a different pattern??

When the project was first started, there were no guidelines on how long each knitter should keep the blanket. That could be why the blankets fell by the wayside.

So, I think we should use the same guidelines as the Oddball Blankets.

EACH KNITTER GETS TWO WEEKS TO WORK WITH THE BLANKET.

Is that okay with everyone?

As for the design, I'm starting both blankets with the pattern we used earlier. You can either continue with the same pattern, or you can choose to do a different pattern. Just make sure to begin and end each row with 3 knit stitches.

Also, when you finish your knitting, please end on a WRONG SIDE ROW. That will keep the right side clean and pretty when we change colors with each knitter.

losnana
10-23-2007, 10:40 PM
Shandeh, I missed this earlier. Add me in if you still need knitters. Merci.

HollyP
10-23-2007, 11:23 PM
I'll be a pinch knitter if you need one Sandy. I would love to be a part of this again!

Shandeh
10-24-2007, 03:37 PM
Thanks so much, losnana and HollyP! :hug:

I'll probably start another blanket soon, and I'll bet some of the other knitters will want to be part of that one too! :thumbsup:

Shandeh
11-03-2007, 04:22 PM
OK, I finished my part of the Pastels Baby Blanket, and I'm almost finished starting the Primary Colors Baby Blanket.
So, Doodknitwit and Suziehomemaker should be receiving the blankets very soon! :)
Pastels Blanket (I used Caron Simply Soft - light blue):
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2102/1844353188_e6b2b89913_m.jpg
Primary Colors Blanket (I used Caron Simply Soft - red):
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2039/1844356734_681bc9119d_m.jpg
I did a basket stitch for the red knitting. I like it! :thumbsup:

auburnchick
11-04-2007, 05:54 PM
Shandeh,

Please add me to the list, in case you get enough knitters to start a third blanket. All I ask is that, if a third gets started, I'm not the first one (after you). I need to get through this term's classes. I'll be good to go after December 16th.

:hug:

Shandeh
11-05-2007, 12:11 AM
Thanks for joining, auburnchick! :hug:

Shandeh
11-05-2007, 12:23 AM
I've decided to give our blankets a name, just for fun. We have been doing that for the Oddball Shawls, and it seems to make things interesting.

Our blanket made with primary colors will be called "Crayola Box", and the pastel colored blanket will be called "Peppy Pastels". :)

I almost have enough knitters for a third blanket, so I will start another one this week, with tropical colors. It will be called "Fruity Loops". :teehee:

suziehomemaker
11-05-2007, 09:40 AM
I can't wait! The dark blue yarn that I have will look great next to your red!

stirsmommy
11-05-2007, 09:43 AM
I can't wait! The dark blue yarn that I have will look great next to your red!

And when y'all are done with it I think I will take it yarn shopping. I don't want to clash with your red and blue. I am thinking a green but I just want to see it first.

rissa
11-05-2007, 10:07 AM
Thats a great idea to go shopping with it! I'm sooo looking forward to this, so glad I can be a part. :muah:

Shandeh
11-05-2007, 12:41 PM
Yay! Everybody's HAPPY! :cheering:

Secksiebrat
11-06-2007, 04:44 PM
Hehe this will be great. So who IS the brightest crayon in the box? I Guess we'll find out! :teehee:

~danielle~

Shandeh
11-06-2007, 10:10 PM
:teehee:

Shandeh
11-08-2007, 04:54 PM
I finally finished my part of the Crayola blanket. I really like the basket stitch with the red yarn.
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2375/1922038723_a8394979c7.jpg

stirsmommy
11-08-2007, 04:57 PM
It looks great! Can't wait to see it up close and personal! Soon it will be soon.

suziehomemaker
11-08-2007, 04:57 PM
That looks great! I think I'll continue with the basket stitch pattern if you don't mind. I should be able to tell where you left off.

I can't wait!

:woot: :cheering: :woot:

Shandeh
11-08-2007, 05:12 PM
I don't mind at ALL, suzie! I think the basket stitch will make a lovely blanket. :thumbsup:

stirsmommy
11-08-2007, 05:27 PM
Ok if we are going basket stitch I am going to need a quick run down of what to do. It looks like it is a certain number of k then purl for a few rows and then it switches? Am I right? That would be so cool and it looks easy if I am.

suziehomemaker
11-08-2007, 05:34 PM
Shoot! I hope I didn't freak you out. I didn't mean to make the whole blanket that way. I've just been loving that stitch pattern lately.

It's super simple and you are exactly right with just knit and purl stitches. Depending on the variation that Shandeh used I can write it up and include it with the blanket once it gets to me if that helps.

stirsmommy
11-08-2007, 05:37 PM
That would be perfect and maybe it would be nice if others wanted to continue it as well.

The.Knitter
11-08-2007, 06:14 PM
Shoot! I hope I didn't freak you out. I didn't mean to make the whole blanket that way. I've just been loving that stitch pattern lately.

It's super simple and you are exactly right with just knit and purl stitches. Depending on the variation that Shandeh used I can write it up and include it with the blanket once it gets to me if that helps.

Hi Suziehomemaker:

I would not mind a copy of that pattern once you write it up please. I knit a lot of baby blankets, but I really like this one. It even looks reversible. A plus in my books! If you decide you want to share the pattern, PM me and I will give you my e-mail address. Thanks so much. Happy knitting!

Shandeh
11-08-2007, 11:11 PM
I was planning on including the pattern in the little journal I send with the blanket. That way, each knitter will have the option of using it if they want.

Here's the version I used:
Cast on 103 stitches. Knit 3 rows Garter Stitch for border.

Basket Stitch Pattern
1) K3 *P7, K3* (repeat between *s to the end)
2) K3 *K7, P3* (repeat between *s to last 10 sts) K10
3) repeat Row 1
4) repeat Row 2
5) K3, P2, *K3, P7* (repeat between *s to last 8 sts) K3, P2, K3
6) K5 *P3, K7* (repeat between *s to last 8 sts) P3, K5
7) repeat Row 5
8) repeat Row 6

Repeat Rows 1-8 until you have knit for 4 inches, then knit two rows Garter Stitch, ending with a wrong side row. Leave a tail and cut yarn, leaving it on the needles for the next knitter.

When the blanket is long enough, the last knitter will end with 3 rows of garter stitch, then bind off.

(I did 3 repeats of the stitch pattern for my part)

SteveDallas
11-10-2007, 05:44 PM
You can add me to the list for an existing blanket if needed, or if not when a new one starts up.

auburnchick
11-10-2007, 06:34 PM
:cheering:

Do we have enough now, Shandeh??? C'mon...you know you want to!!!

Shandeh
11-10-2007, 09:36 PM
You can add me to the list for an existing blanket if needed, or if not when a new one starts up.
Thanks for joining SteveDallas! :hug:
Just send me a private message with your name and mailing address, and I'll add you to the list of knitters. :thumbsup:
Do we have enough now, Shandeh??? C'mon...you know you want to!!!
:teehee:
Well, we have 5 knitters now for another blanket, so I guess we could go ahead and get started, and add another knitter as we progress. This will be the "Fruity Loops" blanket. I hope you are all fruity enough to participate! I know I am!! :)

Shandeh
HollyP
losnana
auburnchick
SteveDallas

HollyP
11-10-2007, 09:48 PM
:woot: I think I have the perfect yarn!

auburnchick
11-10-2007, 10:03 PM
Well, we have 5 knitters now for another blanket, so I guess we could go ahead and get started, and add another knitter as we progress. This will be the "Fruity Loops" blanket. I hope you are all fruity enough to participate! I know I am!! :)

Shandeh
HollyP
losnana
auburnchick
SteveDallas

:woohoo:

Yeah!!!!!!!

You're creating a monster, you know!!! Luring me away from my school work! :teehee:

Doodknitwit
11-10-2007, 10:49 PM
I was planning on including the pattern in the little journal I send with the blanket. That way, each knitter will have the option of using it if they want.

Here's the version I used:
Cast on 103 stitches. Knit 3 rows Garter Stitch for border.

Basket Stitch Pattern
1) K3 *P7, K3* (repeat between *s to the end)
2) K3 *K7, P3* (repeat between *s to last 10 sts) K10
3) repeat Row 1
4) repeat Row 2
5) K3, P2, *K3, P7* (repeat between *s to last 8 sts) K3, P2, K3
6) K5 *P3, K7* (repeat between *s to last 8 sts) P3, K5
7) repeat Row 5
8) repeat Row 6

Repeat Rows 1-8 until you have knit for 4 inches, then knit two rows Garter Stitch, ending with a wrong side row. Leave a tail and cut yarn, leaving it on the needles for the next knitter.

When the blanket is long enough, the last knitter will end with 3 rows of garter stitch, then bind off.

(I did 3 repeats of the stitch pattern for my part)

We need to thank Sanibelle for this pattern!! she sent it to me with my first baby blanket I helped with here :yay:

traceleighj
11-10-2007, 11:33 PM
Hi All! If you need another knitter, I would love to join up. Let me know.

auburnchick
11-11-2007, 12:02 AM
:cheering::cheering::cheering:

Shandeh
11-11-2007, 03:19 PM
We need to thank Sanibelle for this pattern!! she sent it to me with my first baby blanket I helped with here :yay:
Well, actually she recommended the OTHER pattern I'm using for the Peppy Pastels blanket.

I got the Basket Stitch pattern from a vintage knitting book in my craft room. :thumbsup:

Shandeh
11-11-2007, 03:32 PM
Hi All! If you need another knitter, I would love to join up. Let me know.
Woo Hoo! Thanks for joining traceleighj! :hug:
Now we have 6 knitters for the Fruity Loops blanket!

Shandeh
11-12-2007, 02:18 PM
Just wanted to let you all know that I heard from Snowbear, and she is okay. She said that she's had a hard time, but she has survived. I'll let you all know more as I hear about it.
:muah:

HollyP
11-14-2007, 02:53 PM
Thanks for letting us know Sandy! What a relief.

Snowbear you have been missed! You are in my prayers!!:muah:

suziehomemaker
11-16-2007, 12:45 PM
I received the Crayola Box blanket in the mail yesterday! So exciting! I started knitting on it last night. I think I need to make some of these in the future - they knit up so quickly! I think I'll only need one or two more nights of knitting at the most before I'll be ready to send it on.

I attached pictures of the wonderful goodies that Shandeh included with the blanket. An amazing journal (how did you ever know that I love journals?) and some yummy tea! Thank you so much!

Also, a picture of my navy blue knitted after Shandeh's red. Someday I'll have to learn how to photograph red so it doesn't look neon! It's so beautiful in person!

snowbear
11-16-2007, 01:54 PM
Hi,
Life has been challanging, but I'm too stubborn to give in. Thanks to all who has continued on this project. Between a break in, bronchitis, and tv & computer dieing, it has been a bit frustrating.
Thanks to all who has continued this project. Special thanks to our angel, Shandeh, who is always on the ball....

Today is my daughter's birthday, and I remember well wrapping her in the blanket my mother made her. I can't wait to donate these wonderful blankets so others can comfort babies in the same way.

Big Bear hugs to all,

jjminarcik
11-17-2007, 12:00 PM
Snowbear! So glad you are back! We've missed you!! :hug::hug:

stirsmommy
11-17-2007, 12:18 PM
I received the Crayola Box blanket in the mail yesterday! So exciting! I started knitting on it last night. I think I need to make some of these in the future - they knit up so quickly! I think I'll only need one or two more nights of knitting at the most before I'll be ready to send it on.

I attached pictures of the wonderful goodies that Shandeh included with the blanket. An amazing journal (how did you ever know that I love journals?) and some yummy tea! Thank you so much!

Also, a picture of my navy blue knitted after Shandeh's red. Someday I'll have to learn how to photograph red so it doesn't look neon! It's so beautiful in person!

Woohoo! I am next:woot: I can't wait to get started although I can guarantee I am not as fast as you. I am a slowpoke. I think green my be good for the next row. What do you think???

suziehomemaker
11-17-2007, 01:24 PM
I think green would look great as the next color as long as it's bright and vibrant.

Shandeh - I only have two rows left to knit and I plan to do that tonight. Can you send me the information for the next knitter and I'll mail everything out first thing Monday morning? Thanks!

Doodknitwit
11-17-2007, 09:23 PM
i got it and the nice gifts a day or so ago and hope to put it back in the mail Monday.
Shandeh can you email me the next knitter's snailmail please.

thanks Shandeh!! :muah:

rissa
11-18-2007, 01:28 AM
Oh oh oh!! I can't wait I can't wait I can't wait!!!!

Shandeh
11-19-2007, 08:01 PM
I attached pictures of the wonderful goodies that Shandeh included with the blanket. An amazing journal (how did you ever know that I love journals?) and some yummy tea!

Shandeh - I only have two rows left to knit and I plan to do that tonight. Can you send me the information for the next knitter and I'll mail everything out first thing Monday morning? Thanks!
Yay! I'm so glad you got it, and I'm really glad you like the goodies. :hug: Stirsmommy is the next knitter after you. Sorry that I didn't respond earlier, but I was on vacation in the mountains for my anniversary. I'll send you a PM with her mailing address.

Life has been challanging, but I'm too stubborn to give in. Thanks to all who has continued on this project. Between a break in, bronchitis, and tv & computer dieing, it has been a bit frustrating.

Today is my daughter's birthday, and I remember well wrapping her in the blanket my mother made her. I can't wait to donate these wonderful blankets so others can comfort babies in the same way.
Welcome back, snowbear! :muah:
And thanks for the sweet message about your daughter's blanket. :heart:

Woohoo! I am next:woot: I can't wait to get started.......
Thanks for being ready! :hug:

Shandeh can you email me the next knitter's snailmail please.
Sorry I didn't answer sooner, but I was away at the mountains. I'll send you a message right away, Doodknitwit! :)

suziehomemaker
11-20-2007, 04:43 PM
I mailed the blanket today and I PM'ed the tracking number to Stirsmommy.

Have a nice Thanksgiving!

alleusion
11-20-2007, 05:14 PM
Shandeh, if the list isn't full already, can you add me to it? Or put me on one for the next blanket?

Shandeh
11-20-2007, 08:24 PM
I mailed the blanket today and I PM'ed the tracking number to Stirsmommy.
Yay! Thanks Suzie! :hug:

Shandeh, if the list isn't full already, can you add me to it? Or put me on one for the next blanket?
Sure thing! I'll put you on the list right now. All I need is your mailing address...you can send it to me in a private message. :)

Howdovely
11-21-2007, 02:52 PM
I got it I got it!!!!! It came in the mail from Doodknitwit today and it is oh so soft! It's absolutely beautiful! All the girls at the office loved it too! Debbie also included two beautiful stitch markers that are just perfect! I didn't have any and will be starting a pattern very soon that called for one! Now I have two!
I'll take a picture of it when I get home and then again when I'm done with my section. I hope to finish over the weekend!!!!

Shandeh
11-21-2007, 11:59 PM
Yay! I'm so glad you got the blanket! :happydance:

snowbear
11-22-2007, 02:43 PM
Happy Thanksgiving..

I'm back from a friends... and I'm working on a baby blanket.. It is so nice to finally have some peace and time for reflexion. I have less than a month till I'm w/ my kids in San Diego..This time of year I truly appreciaate the quiet I have. It really makes me appreciative of all the things I have to be thankful for.

I can't wait to deliver these wonderful blankets to CMH here in KC.. The babies will be so truly appreciative.

Hugs to all.

auburnchick
11-22-2007, 04:09 PM
Snowbear!!!! :hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:

So nice to hear from you again!!!!!

Howdovely
11-22-2007, 08:23 PM
I took some pictures of the Peppy Pastel Baby Blanket and will attempt to post them here. Hope it works! The green skein in the picture is the color I will add.
Enjoy!

Shandeh
11-22-2007, 08:57 PM
I didn't see any photos, beekaync. Maybe you need to try using the paperclip icon.

Howdovely
11-22-2007, 10:14 PM
Thanks. Still new at this. Will try again!

Howdovely
11-22-2007, 10:20 PM
I took some pictures of the Peppy Pastel Baby Blanket and will attempt to post them here. Hope it works! The green skein in the picture is the color I will add.
Enjoy!

Howdovely
11-22-2007, 10:21 PM
I didn't notice the file size limit the first time around. I made them a lot smaller and it worked fine! Yay!

I didn't see any photos, beekaync. Maybe you need to try using the paperclip icon.

auburnchick
11-22-2007, 10:24 PM
That is just beautiful!!! :passedout:

Doodknitwit
11-22-2007, 11:49 PM
I didn't notice the file size limit the first time around. I made them a lot smaller and it worked fine! Yay!

it picks up the green fleck in the white..:yay:

Shandeh
11-23-2007, 03:03 AM
Ooooo...Pretty! :inlove:

HollyP
11-23-2007, 07:12 AM
Very Pretty!! I really love the color schemes!! It's so fun to see how they all turn out.

stirsmommy
11-23-2007, 10:23 PM
The crayon blankie is in MN now. I got it today. I will try to get pics this weekend. I love the stationary I got with it. Just what I needed. I will try to get it done by probably Tues or Wed. The in laws are here and they are really cutting into my knitting time. I did pick a green for the blanket today and can't wait to start.:knitting:

rissa
11-24-2007, 10:08 AM
oooooH! I'm next for the pastel blanket! Its beautiful so far!! The green will be perfect. Color suggestions for after that? I'm thinking maybe lavender? yellow?

:hug: snowbear. I love my quiet reflection time. I don't get nearly enough.

Howdovely
11-24-2007, 11:49 AM
oooooH! I'm next for the pastel blanket! Its beautiful so far!! The green will be perfect. Color suggestions for after that? I'm thinking maybe lavender? yellow?

:hug: snowbear. I love my quiet reflection time. I don't get nearly enough.
I think either color would look lovely - there specks of pink, lavender, green and yellow in the section before mine, so really any color would work!

I'm about half done, so I will probably get this in the mail on Monday or Tuesday!

snowbear
11-24-2007, 08:16 PM
beautiful!!!! Mine is mono colored... I
hapepended to get a buy at a lys..

I am so appreciative of all these great blankets

Bear Hugs!

Shandeh
11-24-2007, 10:23 PM

Howdovely
11-25-2007, 09:59 PM
I'm pretty sure our Pastel blanket has reached the halfway point! Here is a picture I just took this evening. Tomorrow it will be making it's way to Rissa!

Doodknitwit
11-25-2007, 10:34 PM
I'm pretty sure our Pastel blanket has reached the halfway point! Here is a picture I just took this evening. Tomorrow it will be making it's way to Rissa!

love the green!!!

Shandeh
11-26-2007, 03:09 AM
I'm pretty sure our Pastel blanket has reached the halfway point!
Wonderful! And you're right. It's halfway done! :cheering:

losnana
11-26-2007, 07:59 AM
That is SOOOO pretty!!

MAmaDawn
11-26-2007, 10:21 AM
I would love to join this when I can... if I need to wait until a new set of blankets are started that's ok with me. I think it's great that you guys are doing this.

Shandeh
11-26-2007, 12:56 PM
Hi MAmaDawn! We can use you right now! Thanks for joining!
I'll send you a private message with the details.

MAmaDawn
11-26-2007, 01:25 PM
YEAH!!! I just sent you a reply and I'm looking at what yarn I want to buy for it.... What brands are you all using? (Just wondering) I'm thinking Caron Simply Soft....

suziehomemaker
11-26-2007, 01:46 PM
I used Caron Simply Soft for my section. It really is super soft and so nice to work with!

Shandeh
11-26-2007, 01:51 PM
Caron Simply Soft is perfect!

Here are some other options:
Lion Brand Microspun
Red Heart Soft Yarn
Bernat Satin

You can also use some baby yarns, holding two strands together at the same time. Just make sure it's about the same thickness as worsted weight when you knit with it.

rissa
11-29-2007, 05:13 PM
Hello everyone! I'm very excited to get the Peppy Pastel's blanket, I'm sure it'll be here today or tomorrow. I might not be able to knit on it for about a week, tho. I started coming down with the flu bug last night, and I really don't want to get germs on it when it comes and pass it on to the rest of you, lol. So I'll leave it in its package till I'm better, which I am hoping is soon. My husband had it for about a week, but I oooh so hope it doesn't last that long for me. I've been taking Zicam like crazy in the hopes that it will shorten the duration of this thing. Anyway, sorry for the little delay, but once I'm well I break open the package and knit like there's no tomorrow :) Hope you all are well!

Shandeh
11-29-2007, 10:40 PM
Praying for your quick recovery! :heart: :pray: :heart:

rissa
11-30-2007, 01:34 PM
I am feeling sooooo much better today! Its really amazing what zicam can do to shorten colds. This has convinced me to keep a good supply of it ready for all our colds.

I opened the package and its looking BEAUTIFUL!! Beekaync sent a couple of balls of fuzzy fur yarn, thanks so much!!! I was thinking of knitting my 2 girls some mittens, and that would make a nice cuff I think held along with the regular yarn for it. How very thoughtful of you! :woohoo:

So...I decided to break into stash instead of going yarn shopping, as much fun as that would have been. I have soooo much baby yarn and I need a reason to use it up. I bought some Red Heart Baby Teri this year. No I don't have babies anymore (mine are 11 and 7!) but I saw it and I couldn't pass it up! It really does feel/look like a terry cloth towel or robe. I didn't, however get enough to make a robe, that would be one looooooong WIP! So I hadn't found a use for the yarn yet. But now I have!

I started knitting with it, thought I'd knit a few pattern repeats, see what I think about the yarn texture with the pattern, as well as how it feels knitted up. I'm LOVING it! What do you all think? The yarn really looks mostly white, but I'm so pleased with how the pictures turned out, showing the ever so slight variations in the yarn. And while the stitch pattern isn't super evident, it does show up the texture really well.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2217/2076370454_2f96475078.jpg
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2030/2076370784_62e0d501cc.jpg

rissa
11-30-2007, 01:41 PM
Oh yeah! Forgot to add a couple of things. I'm feeling pretty much 100% today. Just in case though, I'm planning on disinfecting the needles before sending it on, as well as airing the blanket out for a day, just in case.

I also wanted to mention that I have LOVED being a part of this, and would love to continue on the next one, I'm about halfway through my section now! It's going pretty quick.

Shandeh
11-30-2007, 02:25 PM
Great job!

And if you're looking for a quick way to disinfect the knitting, just sit it outside in the sunshine for a while. Sunlight kills germies.

Shandeh
12-01-2007, 12:06 AM
Update!

I've started working on our next blanket. "Fruity Loops" is looking bright and fruity!

I started knitting with some vintage shiny orange yarn in my stash, called "Nomis Lustro Excellence". I held it together with some TLC Baby in the color "Powder Pink". They were both thin sportweight yarns, so together, they knit as worsted. :wink:

After knitting for about 2 inches, I changed the TLC Baby yarn to Caron Simply Soft Baby Sport in a light yellow shade. I'll finish knitting with that, and then send it on to the next knitter.

I'm using a pattern called "Garter Columns" from one of my many knitting stitch books.

Here's the pattern:
Cast on 99 stitches
Knit 3 rows, then begin pattern stitch:

Row 1: K3, *P3, K3* (repeat between *s to end of row)
Row 2: Knit
Repeat these 2 rows
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2014/2075878067_b183ac3c09.jpg

auburnchick
12-01-2007, 12:13 AM
How truly adorable!!!! I just love, love, love the color!!!!

Shandeh
12-01-2007, 12:46 AM
cloud9

auburnchick
12-01-2007, 01:00 AM
So, do we have a pecking order for the blanket? My classes finish up by the 16th.

Shandeh
12-01-2007, 01:05 AM
So, do we have a pecking order for the blanket? My classes finish up by the 16th.
I have HollyP after me on this one. I can put you next after her if you want.

auburnchick
12-01-2007, 01:30 AM
That should work out about right. Thanks!

Shandeh
12-01-2007, 09:44 AM
Okey Dokey! :thumbsup:

HollyP
12-01-2007, 03:30 PM
Sandy that looks very very fruity! I love it and can't wait to get it! Are we all using the same pattern or is it pick your own?

Shandeh
12-01-2007, 11:28 PM
Sandy that looks very very fruity! I love it and can't wait to get it! Are we all using the same pattern or is it pick your own?

Thanks! :) Each knitter can use whatever pattern they want. I'm just giving the instructions for mine in case anyone wants to use it. :wink:

SteveDallas
12-02-2007, 03:13 AM
Thanks for starting it! I look forward to it turning up here.

snowbear
12-02-2007, 03:39 AM
Those are looking awesome.. I haven't been able to knit.. I went to my Dr. & he gave me a flu shot in one arm, and a phemonia shot in the other... don't do it.. believe me, lol

Hopefully the soreness will go fast.

Bear hugs to all

auburnchick
12-02-2007, 03:00 PM
:hug:

HollyP
12-02-2007, 03:06 PM
:hug:back at you Snowbear! Good to see you!!

auburnchick
12-14-2007, 07:44 PM
Shandeh,

I was wondering if this (http://www.ramwools.com/index.cfm?pageID=3&section=506&prodID=W545#colorDrop) yarn would be okay for the fruit loop blanket? I'm thinking of the sherbert color. Whatcha think?

Shandeh
12-14-2007, 09:43 PM
Shandeh,
I was wondering if this (http://www.ramwools.com/index.cfm?pageID=3&section=506&prodID=W545#colorDrop) yarn would be okay for the fruit loop blanket? I'm thinking of the sherbert color. Whatcha think?
The color is great, but the yarn won't work. We have to use 100% acrylic for these blankets, because that's what the hospital requested. Oh well. :pout:

auburnchick
12-14-2007, 09:46 PM
Oh, that's right. Ok. Thank you!

Shandeh
12-15-2007, 11:04 PM
Just looking for a report on the blankets.

Crayola Box - Stirsmommy, how are things going?

Peppy Pastels - Rissa, how's it looking so far?

Fruity Loops - I'm mailing this to HollyP on Monday.

Sunny Day - I'm starting this one now! :)

MAmaDawn
12-17-2007, 11:53 AM
What is the order for Sunny Day?

rissa
12-17-2007, 01:52 PM
I have a couple rows to do and then I'm done! Sorry it took so long, but that cold of mine really stuck on for a long time. Just didn't feel like doing anything, bleh. I also frogged the white portion that I had done, even though I completed it, I just felt it was too pale, and not peppy pastely. I got some Caron Simply Soft Baby in a lovely lavender color. I'll take a pic today of it. I'm working on wrapping some scarves from a Christmas Scarf project my father and I have been working on. Once those are in the mail, I'll take a pic. It really is looking much more peppy, lol. I'd like to get involved in another blanket if I can. Its been so fun!! :happydance:

rissa
12-17-2007, 05:14 PM
Ok, got the wrapping done, so I finished up my section of the blanket! All set and ready to mail, Shandeh so if I could get the mailing info to send it off, I can do so as early as tomorrow! :woohoo:
Here is a pic of it! I really like the Caron Simply Soft Baby yarn. The color is sweet orchid and it has these wonderful slubs of color in it, you can see them in the pic.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2287/2118177661_414e7a6c99.jpg

Howdovely
12-17-2007, 09:37 PM
I LOVE that color! Great job!

Shandeh
12-17-2007, 11:22 PM
Very pretty, Rissa! :inlove: Thanks for the photo. :thumbsup:

What is the order for Sunny Day?
Here is the list of knitters I have so far for the new Sunny Days blanket:
Shandeh
alleusion
MAmaDawn

There is room for 3 more knitters. Any takers?

Sorry it took so long, but that cold of mine really stuck on for a long time. Just didn't feel like doing anything, bleh.
I'm sorry you were sick! :pout:

All set and ready to mail, Shandeh so if I could get the mailing info to send it off, I can do so as early as tomorrow!
I'll check with the next knitter, and let you know. :)

rissa
12-17-2007, 11:59 PM
I'd like to do Sunny Day!

Shandeh
12-18-2007, 01:04 AM
Thanks, rissa! :)

losnana
12-18-2007, 07:50 AM
So pretty!!!

MAmaDawn
12-18-2007, 07:08 PM
YEAH! I'm VERY excited about joining in on this!!!! :yay:

And that IS a beautiful yarn...

What yarn are you using for Sunny Day, Shandeh? Do you know what you are going to use alleusion? I just don't want to repeat the exact same color.

:woohoo::knitting:Just so excited I am grinning ear to ear!!!!

stagebear
12-18-2007, 08:02 PM
Sandy, you can add me if you still need knitters

SteveDallas
12-18-2007, 10:14 PM
Sign me up only if you need another knitter and there's nobody else in line. (I should be fine as long as two blankets don't show up at the same time . . . :mrgreen: )

Shandeh
12-18-2007, 11:42 PM
What yarn are you using for Sunny Day, Shandeh? Do you know what you are going to use alleusion? I just don't want to repeat the exact same color.
I haven't decided about the yarn yet. I usually try a few things from my stash until it just "feels right". I'll post the yarn and stitch pattern as soon as I come up with the perfect combination. :wink:

Sandy, you can add me if you still need knitters
Sign me up only if you need another knitter and there's nobody else in line.
Thank you both! I'll keep you as "maybes" on the Sunny Days blanket. We'll make our final decision when the blanket gets underway with the other knitters. :thumbsup:

Shandeh
12-21-2007, 09:19 AM
I FINALLY made it to the post office yesterday, and mailed "Fruity Loops" to HollyP. :woohoo:

Here's the confirmation # 0307 1790 0005 5963 8689

HollyP
12-21-2007, 02:36 PM
Thanks Sandy! I'll let you know when it gets here!

kayrun
12-22-2007, 12:51 PM
I'm new here, but would love to help out if needed.
Karen G.
kayrun on Ravelry

Shandeh
12-22-2007, 05:52 PM
Welcome, kayrun! :hug:

I'll send you a message with the details.

HollyP
12-23-2007, 01:17 AM
Hey, I got the blanket today( ok so technically yesterday but I haven't gone to bed yet). Thanks you so much for the extras Sandy!:muah: I am digging through my stash tomorrow to find the perfect fruity color!

Shandeh
12-23-2007, 04:39 AM
Woo Hoo! :woohoo:
I'm glad you got the package, and you like the goodies! :)

Have fun with the blanket!

Howdovely
12-23-2007, 09:24 AM
Do knitters never sleep? HollyP was up til after midnight, Shandeh posted at 3:30a, and even I was up until 2:45a!!!

I did not have any Christmas shopping left to do, but I did have to make one last dreaded trip to WalMart before the holidays. We left my house at 10:30p last night, and it wasn't crowded at all except at the check out. We got back home at 12:30p and ate dinner. (!!! me who never eats past 7p !!!) Then we caught up on some Dr. Phil epidodes on TiVo and finally got tired enough to go to bed.

And here I sit, up WAY too early and at the computer to see I'm not the only one who is up late (early?) sometimes. ;)

Shandeh
12-24-2007, 04:30 AM
Yes, beekaync....I am a CONFIRMED night owl! :teehee:

I usually stay up until 3 or 4 AM, then sleep until noon. I teach piano lessons in the afternoon and evening, and usually get back home at about 8:30 or 9 PM. So, I'm not ready to go to sleep at night. I'm ready to stay up and knit and work on the house. :)

Secksiebrat
12-29-2007, 12:59 PM
Is the crayon box one in movement yet? I haven't seen/heard much about it recently and I'm just curious!

~danielle~

Shandeh
12-29-2007, 08:10 PM
I haven't heard from Stirsmommy about the Crayola blanket in quite a while. I just sent her another message, so hopefully, we'll get a report soon. :pray:

HollyP
01-02-2008, 12:04 PM
Just checking in ! The holidays put a serious crimp in my knitting time. I have finally started knitting my portion on the Fruity loops blanket and should be ready to mail by the weekend.

Shandeh
01-04-2008, 10:17 AM
Hello everyone! :waving:

Just looking for an update on the Oddball Baby Blankets

Crayola Box - still haven't heard from Stirsmommy
(I just mailed a postcard.)

Peppy Pastels - Did you receive it yet, jhelanee?

Fruity Loops - How are things going, HollyP?

Sunny Day - I'm casting on today. I'm thinking of using a sky blue shade of Caron Simply Soft, but I may decide to use a sunny yellow.

I will also be starting a new blanket soon, which will be called "Mexican Fiesta". (I need 4 more knitters for that blanket)

Then, the next blanket after that will be neon colors, and will be called "Neon Storm". (I need 5 more knitters for that blanket.)

auburnchick
01-04-2008, 10:21 AM
Shandeh, I know I'm scheduled for another blanket, but if you need hands for the new ones, plug me in wherever. :hug:

HollyP
01-04-2008, 10:25 AM
I will definitely finish tonight and mail tomorrow if the next knitter is ready.

Secksiebrat
01-04-2008, 11:35 AM
I'm happy to help on any of the other blankets if you need me! I figure you want to see if you get new knitters first though!

~danielle~

Robinknits
01-04-2008, 11:58 PM
Shandeh,

I worked on one last year and I'd like to do it again. Sign me up!

Shandeh
01-05-2008, 02:29 PM
Thank you both so much! :muah:

I worked on one last year and I'd like to do it again. Sign me up!
Thanks Robin! Just send me a private message with your mailing address, so I can add you to the list. :hug:

I finished my part of the Sunny Days blanket last night! I decided to use sunny yellow. :sun:
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2316/2167854007_6b81069906.jpg

And I started the "Mexican Fiesta" blanket, using some bright purple Caron Simply Soft. :woohoo:

Howdovely
01-05-2008, 02:33 PM
You finished ALL THAT in ONE day????? You are fast! Did you sleep? I'm just amazed!
Great job!

Shandeh
01-05-2008, 03:35 PM
You finished ALL THAT in ONE day????? You are fast! Did you sleep? I'm just amazed!
Great job!
Thanks! :)
It went a LOT faster than I thought it would. The pattern is an easy one. The "Simple Checker" design in the Big Book of Knitting Stitch Patterns (http://www.amazon.com/Big-Book-Knitting-Stitch-Patterns/dp/1402727631).

I think it went quickly, because I was watching "That 70's Show". I watched almost every bit of Season Two. I was laughing so hard, that I didn't even realize how much I had knit. Then, I looked down, and saw that it was already 4 inches. :teehee:

Here's the design I used:

Cast on 98 stitches. Knit 3 rows.

Rows 1 - 5:
K3, *P4, K4* (rpt between *s to last 7 stitches), P4, Knit last 3 stitches.

Rows 6-10:
K3, *K4, P4* (rpt between *s to last 7 stitches), Knit last 7 stitches.

jhelanee
01-06-2008, 12:48 PM
Peppy Pastels - Did you receive it yet, jhelanee?

I got it yesterday! Now I need to go stach diving to see if anything I have will work. 100% acrylic, soft baby yarn, right?

~Jennifer

Doodknitwit
01-06-2008, 06:08 PM
if you need me!! :waving: :waving: :waving:

Shandeh
01-06-2008, 08:40 PM
Thank you both! :muah:
I'll add you to the "Neon Storm" blanket. (I'm casting on for that one tonight.)

Last night, I finished my part of the "Mexican Fiesta" blanket. I used Caron Simply Soft in purple, yellow, and red.

I did the purple section with the "YoYo" stitch. Fun! The yellow and red sections were garter and stockinette stitch.
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2177/2171182699_c3b1237866.jpg

Are you ready to work on it, kayrun?

mom2hancj
01-06-2008, 11:26 PM
I would love to be added to one of the blankets. I am not very experienced with different stitches. So if you have any suggestions, I would be open to them. Thanks!

auburnchick
01-07-2008, 01:39 AM
Mom, you don't have to do anything fancy. Simple garter stitch is fine. Do whatever you're comfortable with. That's part of what makes these blankets so unique. :thumbsup:

suziehomemaker
01-07-2008, 05:05 PM
I can help too if you still need people.

Shandeh
01-07-2008, 06:02 PM
Thank you all so much for volunteering to help! :notworthy:

Here is an updated list, showing all the lists of knitters for the different blankets:

Crayola Box
Shandeh - done
Suziehomemaker - done
Stirsmommy - has the blanket now
debinoz
jjminarcik
Secksiebrat

Peppy Pastels
Shandeh - done
Doodknitwit - done
beekaync - done
rissa - done
jhelanee - working on it now
Tobinknit

Fruity Loops
Shandeh - done
HollyP - done
auburnchick - waiting for it to arrive
losnana
SteveDallas
traceleighj

Sunny Day
Shandeh - done
alleusion - waiting for it to arrive
MAmaDawn
rissa
stagebear
SteveDallas

Mexican Fiesta
Shandeh - done
kayrun - waiting for it to arrive
secksiebrat
Robinknits
Suziehomemaker
snowbear

Neon Storm
(lemon yellow, lime green, hot pink, flourescent orange & red)
Shandeh
Doodknitwit
beekaync
mom2hancj
Need 2 more knitters

Circus Fun
(looking for 4 more knitters in England)
Shandeh
Pauline Maddocks

auburnchick
01-07-2008, 06:34 PM
Don't forget...you can use me again! Hint: I LOVE neon. But you do whatever...especially if a new knitter comes along. Or, you could put me down and then drop me if you want to plug in a newbie.

I just love knitting for other people! :heart:

pinnut3200
01-07-2008, 08:06 PM
Sandy,

If you still need a knitter on the Neon blanket, please put my name on the list. I'm a pinch knitter on another blanket, but I might as well get started on this one. Thanks.

Nancy in WY
http://wyomingbreezes.blogspot.com/

gmmarton
01-07-2008, 09:19 PM
Sandy,

Please feel free to add me to any lists that need additional knitters. I am on the list for the other Oddball Lapghan, but my name seems to be rather far down the list.

Incidentally, I love the names of the blankets!

Thanks so much...

Gail M.
CT

Shandeh
01-07-2008, 11:43 PM
Don't forget...you can use me again! Hint: I LOVE neon.
If you still need a knitter on the Neon blanket, please put my name on the list. I'm a pinch knitter on another blanket, but I might as well get started on this one. Thanks.
Thank you both! :hug:
I'll put you on the Neon blanket, as you requested. :thumbsup:
Neon Storm
Shandeh
Doodknitwit
beekaync
mom2hancj
pinnut3200
auburnchick

Please feel free to add me to any lists that need additional knitters. I am on the list for the other Oddball Lapghan, but my name seems to be rather far down the list.
Incidentally, I love the names of the blankets!
Thanks for joining, my friend! :muah:
I'll start another blanket.
We'll call this one the "Patriotic Party", and use red, white and blue!

(I hope I don't run out of ideas for naming the blankets!) :teehee:

HollyP
01-08-2008, 11:04 AM
(I hope I don't run out of ideas for naming the blankets!) :teehee:

Well if you do I know KHers would help out with that too!

kellyh57
01-08-2008, 01:09 PM
Go ahead and put me in wherever you need me. I'm very close to Snowbear if you want me to finish it up too. (That is, if they're still staying here in KC.) Just let me know where you need me!

Kelly

Shandeh
01-08-2008, 03:41 PM
Go ahead and put me in wherever you need me. I'm very close to Snowbear if you want me to finish it up too. (That is, if they're still staying here in KC.) Just let me know where you need me! Kelly

Okey dokey! I made a change, placing you just before Snowbear. And I moved Suziehomemaker to the Patriotic Party blanket. :thumbsup:
Mexican Fiesta
Shandeh - done
secksiebrat
Robinknits
kellyh57
snowbear

Patriotic Party
Shandeh
suziehomemaker
gmmarton
Need 3 more knitters

Shandeh
01-08-2008, 03:45 PM
So, here is the updated list of Oddball Baby Blanket knitters:

Crayola Box
Shandeh - done
Suziehomemaker - done
debinoz
jjminarcik
Secksiebrat

Peppy Pastels
Shandeh - done
Doodknitwit - done
beekaync - done
rissa - done
Tobinknit

Fruity Loops
Shandeh - done
HollyP - done
losnana
SteveDallas
traceleighj

Sunny Day
Shandeh - done
MAmaDawn
rissa
stagebear
SteveDallas

Mexican Fiesta
Shandeh - done
secksiebrat
Robinknits
kellyh57
snowbear

Neon Storm
Shandeh
Doodknitwit
beekaync
mom2hancj
pinnut3200
auburnchick

Circus Fun
(looking for 4 more knitters in England or nearby countries)
Shandeh
Pauline Maddocks

Patriotic Party
Shandeh
Suziehomemaker
gmmarton
Need 3 more knitters

suziehomemaker
01-08-2008, 03:46 PM
Thank you! I had no idea what colors to use for the Mexican Fiesta one! Patriotic Party is something I can figure out.

Shandeh
01-08-2008, 03:46 PM
Thank you! I had no idea what colors to use for the Mexican Fiesta one! Patriotic Party is something I can figure out.
You must have been destined for a change. :wink:

suziehomemaker
01-08-2008, 03:49 PM
I was going to ask my sister-in-law for help if it did come to me. She designed her entire color scheme for her house using an old Mexican blanket that she found at an antique shop. She's my "go to" person whenever I need help with matching colors.

This is good change too because I have plenty in my stash to fit the Patriotic theme!

MAmaDawn
01-08-2008, 07:50 PM
You can add me to the Patriotic Party blanket. Since I'm next on the Sunndy day I don't think they will be here at the same time...

BTW... I think I'm going to use Mango on here... what do you all think?

http://www.caron.com/color_cards/cc_brites.html

Spikey
01-08-2008, 09:08 PM
Am happy to help on the Patriotic Party blanket!

Shandeh
01-08-2008, 09:31 PM
Hello, Pauline told me about this thread, I've come to volunteer for the English blanket :)
Wonderful!!! Thanks for joining! :woohoo:

You can add me to the Patriotic Party blanket. Since I'm next on the Sunny day I don't think they will be here at the same time...
BTW... I think I'm going to use Mango on here... what do you all think?
http://www.caron.com/color_cards/cc_brites.html
Thanks for joining the Patriotic blanket! :hug:
The Mango would be GREAT for the sunny days blanket. :thumbsup:

Am happy to help on the Patriotic Party blanket!
Woo Hoo! :cheering: Now, we only need one more!

jhelanee
01-11-2008, 02:15 AM
I finished my section of the "Peppy Pastels" blanket this evening. :happydance: I'll take a picture over the weekend when I can get some natural light. Right now it is 22 1/2 inches wide and 18 3/4 inches long.

~Jennifer

Shandeh
01-11-2008, 12:26 PM
I finished my section of the "Peppy Pastels" blanket this evening. :happydance:
Yay, Jennifer! :cheering:

Yes it is :)
Wonderful! :thumbsup:

Shandeh
01-11-2008, 12:49 PM
I've tried for the past couple weeks to contact kayrun, with no luck, so we have to move on to the next knitter.

Now we need one more knitter for the "Mexican Fiesta" blanket. Any takers?

kayrun
01-11-2008, 08:00 PM
I'm here - - sorry to have been away from the boards....if you can still use me, I'm available!
Karen G
in GA

Shandeh
01-11-2008, 08:59 PM
Yay!! I'm so glad you're okay! :cheering:

I'll put you back on the list for a later time, my friend.

Shandeh
01-11-2008, 09:07 PM
Today, I was FINALLY able to mail the "Sunny Day" and the "Mexican Fiesta" blankets to the next knitters.

Keep your eyes peeled for them, alleusion and Secksiebrat!

bethany
01-12-2008, 09:00 PM
I've tried for the past couple weeks to contact kayrun, with no luck, so we have to move on to the next knitter.

Now we need one more knitter for the "Mexican Fiesta" blanket. Any takers?
Shandeh--heard you need knitters--I'll jump on board! Tell me what you need!

Doodknitwit
01-12-2008, 10:34 PM
where's the Neon blankie?

auburnchick
01-13-2008, 03:08 PM
Yesterday, I received the Fruity Loops Blanket! :cheering:

I stalked the mailman, yes indeed! :teehee:

Here's what it looks like:

http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o76/forauburn/DSC03018.jpg

And here's what HollyP sent me to go along with it -- many heartfelt thanks! :muah:

http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o76/forauburn/DSC03020.jpg

I hope to have my work done by this evening. I'll try to get it mailed out by Tuesday. But, I'll post pictures first.

Shandeh
01-13-2008, 04:50 PM
I've placed kayrun back on the "Mexican Fiesta" list, just after secksiebrat.
Shandeh--heard you need knitters--I'll jump on board! Tell me what you need!
Thanks for joining, bethany! :hug:
I'll add you to the "Patriotic Party" blanket!
I'll send you a message with the details.

where's the Neon blankie?
I just cast it on last night! I'm using a flourescent orange/red yarn, with a "sparkly" look. It's a vintage yarn by Fruit of the Loom. Doesn't that sound funny? :teehee:

Yesterday, I received the Fruity Loops Blanket! I hope to have my work done by this evening. I'll try to get it mailed out by Tuesday. But, I'll post pictures first.
Yay! I'll check with the next knitter to see if they are ready.
:thumbsup:

auburnchick
01-14-2008, 09:29 AM
I finished my portion of the Fruity Loops Blanket last night! :cheering:

The blanket measures right at 10 1/2" long. Here's a photo with my part done:

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2198/2192622908_70d1696391.jpg

I used Red Heart Strata (self-striping yarn), colorway "Pogo." I used a pattern from the 2007 Knitting Calendar.

Here's a close-up of the yarn:

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2390/2191834733_1f5ba6e63f.jpg

On to the next knitter!

GiddyKnitter
01-14-2008, 11:55 AM
The blanket looks really nice...I can' wait to receive the Circus blanket!!

mom2hancj
01-14-2008, 01:31 PM
The Fruity Loops blankie looks great!!

I can't wait to get the neon blankie....what's the status of this one?

If you need knitters on another one, lmk. I will be glad to do more than one.

Shandeh
01-14-2008, 02:31 PM
I finished my portion of the Fruity Loops Blanket last night! :cheering:
Yay! VERY fast work! :thumbsup:

I can't wait to get the neon blankie....what's the status of this one?
I just finished my part of the Neon Storm blanket last night!
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2342/2193105760_ef50d00ccb_m.jpg

Secksiebrat
01-14-2008, 03:47 PM
I received the Mexican Fiesta Blanket today! Thanks for the paton's pattern book shandeh. There are some great items in there!

~danielle~

Shandeh
01-14-2008, 03:51 PM
You're welcome, Danielle!
I LOVE that pattern book, don't you?

HollyP
01-14-2008, 06:58 PM
Nathalie that looks great! :yay: I love the way your portion pulls the colors in Sandy's and mine together so well.

jhelanee
01-15-2008, 12:20 AM
Pictures! :cheering: Here is the current overall progress of the "Peppy Pastels" blanket:
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2034/2194448070_91d0d30c78.jpg?v=0
A close-up of my section (done in TLC Baby, color "Naptime"):
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2140/2194448226_cc58fbceb8.jpg?v=0
And a close-up of the previous section:
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2176/2193660823_4a6c749e17.jpg?v=0
I absolutely love this yarn and want to find out what it is. I don't know if you can tell in the photo, but it is mostly a smooth, soft yarn with one ply a varigated thread that is occasionaly balled up into slubs. Any ideas?

I'm all set to pack this baby up and mail it out as soon as I have the next knitter's info. Any word on that, Shandeh?

~Jennifer

auburnchick
01-15-2008, 09:23 AM
:inlove:

What a pretty blanket! Y'all are doing a fabulous job!

bethany
01-15-2008, 10:38 AM
wow! The pastels blanket really is looking beautiful! These are so cool, to see the progress and how all the different yarns come together! I'm anxious for the patriotic one to get going!! (no pressure, just excited Shandeh!) ;)

rissa
01-15-2008, 11:35 AM
I absolutely love this yarn and want to find out what it is. I don't know if you can tell in the photo, but it is mostly a smooth, soft yarn with one ply a varigated thread that is occasionaly balled up into slubs. Any ideas?

That was my section actually! :happydance: And I LOVED the yarn too. Its actually Caron Simply Soft Baby in the Sweet Orchid colorway. Here is a link (http://www.ravelry.com/people/luvs2knit/stash/simply-soft-baby-2) to a ravelry page showing the yarn. I'm definately going to have to get more of this yarn!

Secksiebrat
01-15-2008, 11:37 AM
I'm just about finished with the mexican fiesta blanket. If you want to contact the next knitter, I should be ready to mail tomorrow (wednesday). Thanks! I'll post a picture as soon as I'm done.

~danielle~

Shandeh
01-15-2008, 01:22 PM
I have decided to appeal to all of you, in case you know of anyone that can help with this.

I am running out of size 8, 9, and 10 circular knitting needles for our Oddball projects. They need to be inexpensive, and sturdy. At least 21 inches long, preferably 29 or more inches.

Also, if you know of anyone that would like to help with paying postage for some of our knitters, let me know. I have occasionally sent small amounts through paypal to our knitters that need help with postage. But, it gets expensive sometimes! :help:

snowbear
01-15-2008, 11:36 PM
I'll check my stash, and scour the sales.. I'm sure I can find some.. thanks for letting us know you need them.

MAmaDawn
01-16-2008, 08:49 AM
All mine are interchangeable ones... but I'll watch Ebay...

Spikey
01-16-2008, 09:34 AM
Sandy,
Have you considered approaching one of the big companies about sponsoring the Oddball Charity work? Perhaps KnitPicks would be willing to provide some needles and/or yarn in exchange for the participants putting buttons on their posts or something like that?

I wish I had some needles to donate, but mine are all too short...

Secksiebrat
01-16-2008, 07:58 PM
The Mexican Fiesta Blanket is ready to move on! I did my section in a bright orange color. I used the seed stitch and I think it turned out nice!

~danielle~

auburnchick
01-16-2008, 08:24 PM
Great job on the orange moss! I think it's a great pattern for the blanket! You are much braver (or should I say patient) than myself -- doing seed stitch on that many stitches!

Secksiebrat
01-16-2008, 11:10 PM
Well since there was only 100 stitches I felt that wasn't too much. But then I'm used to working on the big oddball blankets and there is 300 stitches!

It was a lot of fun and very easy. Something I could do while watching tv.

~danielle~

Shandeh
01-17-2008, 12:15 AM
I'll check my stash, and scour the sales.. I'm sure I can find some.. thanks for letting us know you need them.
All mine are interchangeable ones... but I'll watch Ebay...
Thank you both for checking! :hug:
I have found one circular knitting needle in my stash, however am not sure if it is a 6mm or 6.5 mm it is 50cm long. I will send it along with the circus blanket if that is going back to you or send it with the couple of squares that I am working on. which ever comes first.
Thanks, Karina! :)

Have you considered approaching one of the big companies about sponsoring the Oddball Charity work?
Great idea!! :thumbsup:

The Mexican Fiesta Blanket is ready to move on! I did my section in a bright orange color. I used the seed stitch and I think it turned out nice!
Beautiful work, Danielle! :heart:

bethany
01-17-2008, 03:32 PM
So, here is the updated list of Oddball Baby Blanket knitters:

Crayola Box
Shandeh - done
Suziehomemaker - done
debinoz
jjminarcik
Secksiebrat

Peppy Pastels
Shandeh - done
Doodknitwit - done
beekaync - done
rissa - done
Tobinknit

Fruity Loops
Shandeh - done
HollyP - done
losnana
SteveDallas
traceleighj

Sunny Day
Shandeh - done
MAmaDawn
rissa
stagebear
SteveDallas

Mexican Fiesta
Shandeh - done
secksiebrat
Robinknits
kellyh57
snowbear

Neon Storm
Shandeh
Doodknitwit
beekaync
mom2hancj
pinnut3200
auburnchick

Circus Fun
Shandeh
Pauline Maddocks

Patriotic Party
Shandeh
Suziehomemaker
gmmarton
Need 3 more knitters
These are all the current blankets, right? Has the Patriotic Party blanket started? I know I was at one time going to be slotted there...just wondering~still no pressure! :)

Shandeh
01-17-2008, 05:46 PM
Hi Bethany! :waving:

I'm almost finished with the start of the Patriotic Party blanket!
:)

Here's the updated list of blankets, with updates on progress:
Crayola Box - at a stand-still :verysad:
Shandeh - done
Suziehomemaker - done
debinoz
jjminarcik
Secksiebrat

Peppy Pastels - ALMOST FINISHED!! :cheering:
Shandeh - done
Doodknitwit - done
beekaync - done
rissa - done
jhelanee - done
Tobinknit - waiting for it to arrive

Fruity Loops
Shandeh - done
HollyP - done
auburnchick - done
losnana - waiting for it to arrive
SteveDallas
traceleighj

Sunny Day
Shandeh - done
MAmaDawn
rissa
stagebear
SteveDallas

Mexican Fiesta
Shandeh - done
secksiebrat - done
Robinknits
kellyh57
snowbear

Neon Fun (changed from "Neon Storm" for happier name)
Shandeh - done
Doodknitwit - waiting for it to arrive
beekaync
mom2hancj
pinnut3200
auburnchick

Circus Fun
Shandeh - done
Pauline Maddocks - waiting for it to arrive
DQ
Karina
Catz
Shandeh

Patriotic Party
Shandeh - almost done!
Suziehomemaker
gmmarton
MAmaDawn
Spikey
bethany

suziehomemaker
01-17-2008, 05:51 PM
I'm almost finished with the start of the Patriotic Party blanket!

Shandeh - Should I assume that you used red to start this one? I wasn't sure which of the three colors I should start searching for in my stash.

Shandeh
01-17-2008, 07:08 PM
Actually, I'm using all three colors! :teehee:

I started red, then switched to white, then blue, then back to white, and will end in red. I guess I just have a short attention span. :wink: The red and blue are Caron Simply Soft. The white is Red Heart Baby Sport (which is more like a worsted weight)

Secksiebrat
01-17-2008, 07:58 PM
The Meixcan Fiesta blanket is on it's way. I'll get the tracking number to Kayrun later. I don't have it in front of me!

~danielle~

Shandeh
01-17-2008, 08:26 PM
Thanks Danielle! :hug:
You were FAST!!! :woohoo:

Here's a photo of the Patriotic Party blanket so far:
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2292/2200800506_38d4a4bddb.jpg

snowbear
01-17-2008, 08:33 PM
I can't wait to see the face of the hospital coordinator when I present her with these beautiful wonderful blankets.

You guys rock.

:hug: :heart:

suziehomemaker
01-18-2008, 09:53 AM
Here's a photo of the Patriotic Party blanket so far:
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2292/2200800506_38d4a4bddb.jpg

You crack me up! :roflhard:
I can't wait to get my hands on it now!

Shandeh
01-18-2008, 11:48 PM
:) I'm glad I gave you a laugh, my friend. :teehee:

Here is the Patriotic Party blanket, ready to travel!
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2033/2203139740_f10438b607.jpg

I'm about to start a few more blankets, so if you want to join in, let me know!

Shamrock Hills
Shandeh
debinoz (moving from Crayola Box, since it's not moving)
jjminarcik (moving from Crayola Box, since it's not moving)
need 3 more knitters

Purple Paradise
Shandeh
Foxyie
Secksiebrat (moving from Crayola Box, since it's not moving)
need 3 more knitters

Fairy Dance
Shandeh
need 5 more knitters

HollyP
01-19-2008, 12:49 AM
Sandy I would love to knit on the purple paradise blanket! Purple is one of my favorite colors and I have quite a bit of yarn that would work!

Shandeh
01-19-2008, 01:04 AM
Thanks Holly! :hug:

The "Purple Paradise" blanket is very popular! I only need one more knitter for it now! :woohoo:

I think I'll go ahead and cast that one on, since it's a hit. :wink:

Purple Paradise
Shandeh
Foxyie
Secksiebrat
jhelanee
HollyP
need 1 more knitter

gmmarton
01-19-2008, 01:18 AM
Sandy,

I love purple...may I join in?

Thanks!

Gail M.

gmmarton
01-19-2008, 01:24 AM
Sandy,

Not to be too hoggish, but I would also like to knit on "Fairy Dance." I'm assuming the colors will be light and airy? Can I do something with a little sparkle?

Thanks!

Gail M.

Foxyie
01-19-2008, 02:17 AM
ooh purple paradise! i think i have the perfect yarn for that..all i have to do now is search for a nice stitch pattern (and if you need me i'd love to work on the shamrock hills blanket..)

Shandeh
01-19-2008, 03:23 AM
I love purple...may I join in?
You're in! :thumbsup:

Not to be too hoggish, but I would also like to knit on "Fairy Dance." I'm assuming the colors will be light and airy? Can I do something with a little sparkle?
Wonderful! You're not hoggish.....just GENEROUS! :)
And you're exactly right.....light and airy.
Sparkle is fine, as long as the yarn is 100% acrylic. :wink:

if you need me i'd love to work on the shamrock hills blanket..
Thanks for being willing to work on both! :hug:

Shandeh
01-19-2008, 03:31 AM
So, now here is a new report on ALL our blankets:
(I've removed "Crayola Box" until we hear what's going on with it.)
Shandeh - done
Doodknitwit - done
beekaync - done
rissa - done
jhelanee - done

Fruity Loops
Shandeh - done
HollyP - done
auburnchick - done
SteveDallas
traceleighj

Sunny Day
Shandeh - done
MAmaDawn
rissa
stagebear
SteveDallas

Mexican Fiesta
Shandeh - done
secksiebrat - done
Robinknits
kellyh57
snowbear

Shandeh - done
beekaync
mom2hancj
pinnut3200
auburnchick

Circus Fun - Our Blanket in England!
Shandeh - done
DQ
Karina
Catz
Shandeh

Patriotic Party
Shandeh - done!
Suziehomemaker - waiting for it to arrive
gmmarton
MAmaDawn
Spikey
bethany

Purple Paradise
Shandeh - casting on
Foxyie
Secksiebrat (moving from Crayola Box, since it's not moving)
jhelanee
HollyP
gmmarton

Shamrock Hills
Shandeh
debinoz (moving from Crayola Box, since it's not moving)
jjminarcik (moving from Crayola Box, since it's not moving)
Foxyie
need 2 more knitters

Fairy Dance
Shandeh
gmmarton
need 4 more knitters

And since "Purple Paradise" was such a hit, I think I'll make ANOTHER purple blanket as well! We'll call this one "Gorgeous Grapes". :)

Gorgeous Grapes
Shandeh
need 5 more knitters

Shandeh
01-19-2008, 04:10 AM
I just updated our offsite blog about the blankets, and it looks nice with all the photos!
:)

http://babyoddball.blogspot.com/

And here are instructions for our knitters:
http://oddballknitters.blogspot.com/

snowbear
01-19-2008, 09:16 AM
Add me to one and put me last... that way I can finish it up and deliver it...

These blankets are so cute!

:heart:

bethany
01-19-2008, 10:54 AM
sign me up for one of the new ones too! I'd love to do it. I love all the themes...all kinds of ideas come to mind when I read the names!

Spikey
01-19-2008, 11:13 AM
Sandy,
The Patriotic Party blanket looks great, I can't wait to get it.

Did you use the Caron SS Dark Country Blue? I want to use the same color blue as you did.

JoAnn's is having a sale and I want to stock up for this and future baby blankets.

Thanks.

traceleighj
01-19-2008, 11:57 AM
Sandy-
I would love to be added to another blanket. By the time I get a second, I will be done on the first.

Shandeh
01-19-2008, 05:07 PM
Add me to one and put me last... that way I can finish it up and deliver it.
Thanks snowbear! :hug: I'll put you last on the Shamrock Hills blanket, so there will hopefully be a green blanket at the hospital for St Patrick's Day. :wink:

sign me up for one of the new ones too! I'd love to do it. I love all the themes...all kinds of ideas come to mind when I read the names!
Thanks bethany! I'll put you on the Shamrock blanket also, so we can get that one rolling! :) I think that greens and whites would be nice for that blanket.

Did you use the Caron SS Dark Country Blue? I want to use the same color blue as you did.
Yes, that's the color! :thumbsup:
By the way, I received your donation to our project today.
Thank you SO much! :muah:

I too would love to join in again...the purple one sounds lovely also Fairy Dance xx
Cool! I'll start another blanket for you knitters across the pond! We'll call this one "Purple Passion". :heart:

I would love to be added to another blanket. By the time I get a second, I will be done on the first.
Wonderful! I'll add you to the "Fairy Dance" blanket!

Add me to which ever blanket Pauline maddocks is doing since the blankets will already be in the UK we might as well get a few colours done before it goes back.
Thanks Karina! You're on the list for "Purple Passion".

Shandeh
01-19-2008, 05:09 PM
So now, we need 3 more knitters for "Fairy Dance", and 5 knitters for "Gorgeous Grapes". And we need 2 more knitters in England for the "Purple Passion" blanket.

auburnchick
01-19-2008, 05:39 PM
Shandeh,

Please add me to the end of one of the new ones too. These are fast knits, and I just love helping out with them.

BTW, I took Fruity Loops to the Post Office today. Losnana should have it by Wednesday or Thursday. I forgot to take it on my way to run errands, but I remembered when I saw the box as I walked in the door. I rushed to the PO, and got there as they were locking the door. Since it already had the label I'd done online, they didn't mind taking it. :cheering:

BTW, you are such a blessing...organizing these. Thanks a bunch!!!

Shandeh
01-19-2008, 06:02 PM
Thank you very much, Nathalie! :hug:

You're on the "Fairy Dance" blanket!

Spikey
01-19-2008, 09:56 PM
By the way, I received your donation to our project today.
Thank you SO much! :muah:
You are very welcome!
Thank YOU for all that you do to help others. :grphug:
I am happy to help on one of the new blankets as well, since Patriotic Party probably won't get to me for a while.

ETA-Joann's is having a sale:happydance: , so I've stocked up on Caron Simply Soft in purple and orchid, in case you want to put me on "Gorgeous Grapes" :teehee:

mom2hancj
01-20-2008, 12:03 PM
I can be added to another blankie or two. This should be fun!! I am sure they won't arrive at the same time. BTW I love purple :heart: If you have room and wanna put me on a purple one, I would love it.

Shandeh
01-20-2008, 10:17 PM
I am happy to help on one of the new blankets as well, since Patriotic Party probably won't get to me for a while. ETA-Joann's is having a sale:happydance: , so I've stocked up on Caron Simply Soft in purple and orchid, in case you want to put me on "Gorgeous Grapes" :teehee:
Yay! You're on the "Gorgeous Grapes" list! :)
I can be added to another blankie or two. This should be fun!! I am sure they won't arrive at the same time. BTW I love purple :heart: If you have room and wanna put me on a purple one, I would love it.
Another Gorgeous Grape-er! :teehee:

Thank you both for being willing to knit on more blankets. :hug:

Right now, we have 10 blankets filled with knitters! :cheering:

"Fairy Dance" still needs 2 more knitters, and "Gorgeous Grapes" needs 3 more.

Also, one of our knitters has asked to start a blanket for us. HollyP is casting on to start "Dreamy Blue", which will be made with all blue yarns. :woohoo:

suziehomemaker
01-21-2008, 09:44 AM
Shandeh - Go ahead and add me to where ever you think best. I'm going shopping this week to stock up on Caron's Simply Soft too!

I'll let you all know as soon as I receive the Patriotic Blanket!

gmmarton
01-21-2008, 11:26 AM
Well, like purple, I love blue...not to be too greedy or anything, but............

If you need someone else on Dreamy Blue, please consider me.

Thanks!

Gail M.

kayrun
01-21-2008, 11:36 AM
The Mexican Fiesta blankie has arrived & it is lovely!
Can't wait to add my part & send it on to the next knitter!
Do I just contact you for the addy, Sandy, when I'm done?
(newbie to this whole process :)
Karen G.
in GA

Shandeh
01-21-2008, 01:38 PM
Shandeh - Go ahead and add me to where ever you think best.
Thanks so much! :hug:
I've added you to the "Fairy Dance" blanket.

If you need someone else on Dreamy Blue, please consider me.
Done! :thumbsup:

Do I just contact you for the addy, Sandy, when I'm done? (newbie to this whole process) :)
Exactly! Just let me know when you're finished, and I'll check with the next knitter to make sure they are ready.
Have fun! :cheering:

HollyP
01-22-2008, 03:12 PM
:waving: I have less than an inch left on my portion of the Dreamy Blue blanket. I will be finishing it up tonight when I get home. I will be sure to post pics tomorrow!

Shandeh
01-23-2008, 12:45 AM
OK campers! Here is our latest list of blankets:

Shandeh - done
Doodknitwit - done
beekaync - done
rissa - done
jhelanee - done

Fruity Loops
Shandeh - done
HollyP - done
auburnchick - done
SteveDallas
traceleighj

Sunny Day
Shandeh - done
MAmaDawn
rissa
stagebear
SteveDallas

Mexican Fiesta
Shandeh - done
secksiebrat - done
kayrun - has the blanket now
Robinknits
kellyh57
snowbear

Shandeh - done
beekaync
mom2hancj
pinnut3200
auburnchick

Circus Fun - Our 1st Blanket in England!
Shandeh - done
DQ
Karina
Catz
Shandeh

Patriotic Party
Shandeh - done
Suziehomemaker - waiting for it to arrive
gmmarton
MAmaDawn
Spikey
bethany

Purple Paradise
Shandeh - knitting now
Foxyie
Secksiebrat
jhelanee
HollyP
gmmarton

Shamrock Hills
Shandeh - casting on
debinoz
jjminarcik
Foxyie
bethany
Snowbear

Fairy Dance
Shandeh
gmmarton
traceleighj
auburnchick
suziehomemaker
need 1 more knitter

Gorgeous Grapes
Shandeh
Spikey
mom2hancj
need 3 more knitters

Purple Passion - 2nd English Blanket
Shandeh
Karina
Pauline Maddocks
DQ
need 3 more knitters

Dreamy Blue
HollyP - almost done
gmmarton
need 4 more knitters

Loving Hearts - 3rd English Blanket
Karina - starting now
DQ
Pauline Maddocks
need 3 more knitters

I think we have enough blankets going for now, so let's work on these for a while. :thumbsup:

HollyP
01-23-2008, 12:14 PM
Hi! I finished my portion last night as promised! http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t190/hollyp236/DreamyBlueoddball.jpg

I will probably be sending it this afternoon. I just have to go buy a small journal to chronicle the story of this blanket.
I used Simply soft Dk country blue and light blue( I think I lost the label) . I chose a simple pattern of 5 row garter stitch and 2 st stitch. http://www.flickr.com/photos/hollyp236/2213973391/

Robinknits
01-23-2008, 01:29 PM
I'll be the last knitter on Fairy Dance!

Howdovely
01-23-2008, 02:43 PM
If you need me on any of the US blankets, put me anywhere! I'll be getting Neon Fun soon, but then I'm wide open!

Shandeh
01-23-2008, 03:00 PM
It's getting really exciting now Circus Fun will be in my hands any day now I am seen to be stalking our post lady daily now...She waves to me when she is passing if I don't have any mail!!!!
You can wait a couple days for it, because it was delayed leaving my house. :pout: We had snow last week, so my packages were stuck in my car until yesterday. (Monday was a holiday) I'm sorry!
:waah:

Hi! I finished my portion last night as promised!
Beautiful work, my friend! :hug:

I'll be the last knitter on Fairy Dance!
Thank you so much! :cheering:

If you need me on any of the US blankets, put me anywhere!
Woo Hoo! I've placed you on the "Gorgeous Grapes" blanket! :)

The Neon blanket was mailed yesterday as well, so it will be a couple days before it gets to you.

bethany
01-23-2008, 03:15 PM
I'm so excited about these blankets I can hardly tell you! I'm at the end of the 2 I'll be working on (Patriotic Party and Shamrock Hills) and I'm so thrilled! I'll get to see everyone's work first hand! Yay!

Howdovely
01-23-2008, 03:20 PM
Woo Hoo! I've placed you on the "Gorgeous Grapes" blanket! :)

The Neon blanket was mailed yesterday as well, so it will be a couple days before it gets to you.

Yay! I love purple!

And that's great I'll be getting Neon Fun soon! I thought it was still a few weeks out, so this is GREAT!

Shandeh
01-23-2008, 03:23 PM
I'm at the end of the 2 I'll be working on (Patriotic Party and Shamrock Hills) and I'm so thrilled! I'll get to see everyone's work first hand!
That's true! You'll also get to read all the entries in both journals. Lucky you! :thumbsup:

Tobinknit
01-23-2008, 06:52 PM
Just to let everyone know that I received Baby Blanket #2 - Pastel Colors in the mail today from Jhelanee. It is so pretty. And thanks Jhelanee for the beautiful yarn. That was so nice of you. I will let everyone know when I finish my part and post pictures as well.

alleusion
01-23-2008, 07:41 PM
Shandeh, I received the Sunny Days blanket today! I have in my stash a rainbow (multi-coloured) yarn that is the right weight and softness. Would these be the right colours for this, or are they too bright?

http://photos.alleusion.com/albums/userpics/10001/sunny%20002.jpghttp://photos.alleusion.com/albums/userpics/10001/sunny%20003.jpg

Tobinknit
01-23-2008, 10:33 PM
Finished my section. Everyone did such a nice job on the border that it could go as is but I think I will crochet a border on it anyway. I will post another picture when it is done. Sorry for the lousy color on the picture.