PDA

View Full Version : Canvasing with my Children

Songbirdy
10-18-2007, 01:57 PM
To set this up, I have an 8 year old son and a 6 year old daughter whom I home school. That means anything I do I get to take my peeps with me...

So today...

The church I attend is hosting a big party on Halloween night. They had it last year (before we moved to this city) and weren't going to do it this year but the number of people asking us to host this night again is huge.

The thing is $$$ and stuff. We do tons of games, prizes, and loot bags.

Being new and naturally bold I volunteered to go around asking businesses to donate whatever to our night, candy, prizes, stickers, whatever.

My children came along...

"Oh, please Mom! Not that store... lets go to the shoe store, I want to look at those cool shoes!" (6 y/o DD)

"Mom!!! You may not go into the yarn store!" [both of them, 3 x's as there are 3 of them in town]

"Mom!!! the yarn store won't give you yarn for kids!!! You can't go in there!"

"Hi! No I'm with my Mom... she's not here to buy anything she's asking for trick or treat candy."

"Mom! Lets go ask the dentist for candy!!!" then my 8 year old son proceeds to fall into fits of laughter...

"Oh Mom! can we go ask the Mayor? Lets go ask the mayor!"

I came home... they're asking to go out again and canvas some more...

The thing is... I think they are helping, as much as I am finding it embarrassing!

HamaLee
10-18-2007, 02:03 PM
:teehee:

auburnchick
10-18-2007, 02:13 PM
And kids have the nerve to get mad at us when we do something embarrassing! You'll get your revenge one day! :teehee:

wewantmore
10-18-2007, 03:06 PM
:teehee:

Kids gotta love 'em. We home school too.

Michelle

stirsmommy
10-18-2007, 03:11 PM
We homeschool too. Wonder how many of us there are on here? My youngest was "helping" me into the grave at the grocery store on Tuesday. EVeryone else though his bagging was charming. Mine would die now if we were out canvassing like that.