PDA

View Full Version : Help needed on shrug pattern

kntgfool
10-18-2007, 05:43 PM
I am working on a shrug that is going to be great, however, I do not understand directions for edging. Pattern reads: With RS facing (which I know), using circular needle and Cycle, beg at one seam, pick up and k532(580) sts around entire edge of shrug. Mark for beg of rnd and carry marker up.

Does Cycle simply mean that it is knit in the round and by having the marker there, it will indicate where the stitches were joined for knitting?

Also, what is the best way to pick up 532 or 580 stitches on a circular needle without having it too tight to knit?

Thanks for the help.:knitting:

Ingrid
10-18-2007, 06:52 PM
My first impression is that Cycle is a yarn name or color. Is there a different edge on the shrug than the rest of the pattern?

You'll need the longest circular needle that you can get for all those stitches. I'd probably use a 40"

kntgfool
10-18-2007, 07:57 PM
IngridKH - thank you for the help. I do a little bit foolish, however, since the entire shrug is Cycle. I'm thinking it is just the way the instructions were written that it kind of threw me off a bit and thanks for hint on the length of the circular needle to us.