PDA

View Full Version : nursing blanket

knitknitknit
10-19-2007, 10:10 AM
has anyone here knit a nursing blanket before? my sister is having the first baby of the family and I am knitting a baby blanket for the baby, but would like to knit her a nursing blanket as well. what shape should it be? any help would be much appreciated!

:knitting:

suzeeq
10-19-2007, 11:03 AM
A circular shawl like this one is very large and should nicely cover up both of them. You could use worsted yarn and size 10/10 needles.
http://spindyeknit.com/patternfiles/strawberry-pie-shawl/

stagebear
10-19-2007, 02:03 PM
i did a simple diagonal blanket that measured 36x36 for a friend. she said it was the perfect size for nursing.

knitncook
10-19-2007, 02:34 PM
As a mom who nursed her babies for years and years, I have to second making just a pretty shawl that she could use as a modesty blanket rather than a blanket that may not make as pretty of a shawl. I found nursing under a blanket to be combersome and difficult and then when the baby became older and moving around more (and wanting to look around more) impossible! If you made a pretty shawl, she could use it for much longer than something knit for one specific purpose. (I'm all about multitasking!)