PDA

View Full Version : Log Cabin Baby Blankets for Charity

Yarnlady
10-19-2007, 09:08 AM
I'm still in.

Here's the list of log cabiners: debinoz, larudden, HollyP, kellycarr05. Do any of you have log cabin blankets? I think most of them are being held hostage somewhere :).

Are you all still interested in doing log cabins or should we just throw our lot in with the big group? Please let me know ASAP, so a decision can be made.

This is a volunteer thing for a good cause, so whatever you feel you can do, not should do, but can do is wonderful. And if you can't anymore, that's okay, too. Just please communicate!

I'm not nagger and I assume that if someone says they'll do something they will. I also know life gets in the way and sometimes we can't follow through on what we thought we could. That's okay, too. Just communicate!

"So, you in?" --Ben Baily :)

Shandeh
10-19-2007, 04:22 PM
Thanks for handling the Log Cabin blankets, yarnlady! :hug:

Here's the model photo of a Log Cabin Baby Blanket, in case anyone wants to see what they will end up looking like:
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1427/750165606_abd6c177cc_o.jpg

I'll forward anyone over here that asks about the blankets. If I get any from lissalue, I'll forward them wherever you say. Just send me a message to let me know who can take them.

Here are all the photos I've had for the Log Cabin blankets. Maybe they will help you figure out where they all might be:

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1205/1174941718_4ddcc29032.jpg

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1182/1174942216_5ceed36b26.jpg

debinoz
10-19-2007, 10:13 PM
I'm still in, too. I don't have any of them, and most I did work on were still in the very early stages. How many were there? I know there was the original 5, then I think there were 2 more started because two were mia. I know the one sent to me finally arrived, but I don't know about the other.

HollyP
10-20-2007, 12:56 AM
I'm still in too if we choose to continue. I started two and sent them to Debinoz. I received 2 and sent them to KellyCarr awhile ago. That's the last I have heard or seen on any of them!
Here are the last ones I hadhttp://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t190/hollyp236/tmpphpxmXHXv.jpg
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t190/hollyp236/tmpphpHxDBjs.jpg

Yarnlady
10-20-2007, 10:31 AM
Well, I'm going to assume, at this point in time, that those blankets are goners. If they show up somewhere then we've lucked out, if not......

We can start again now or wait till after the holidays. I'm doing a lot of Christmas knitting now on a deadline, so personally, I'd like to wait.

What do you all think?

Yarnlady
10-20-2007, 10:32 AM
And how should we go about recruiting for this. The more the merrier and all that.... :teehee:

HollyP
10-20-2007, 02:16 PM
Waiting would be fine with me. I have been seriously putting off my Christmas knitting.

I think recruitment really won't be too much of an issue! The people of KH have such big hearts:heart:!

Secksiebrat
10-23-2007, 05:12 AM
I'd like to join on this one when we start up again. I've never done the log cabin blanket (pattern) so just let me know (when the time comes) what I should be doing. I'll PM you with my address when this gets moving again (after christmas I am assuming).

~danielle~

Yarnlady
10-23-2007, 07:30 AM
Danielle, please e-mail me (chain3turn@yahoo.com) now with your information: name, address, e-mail, and Ravelry ID if you're a member. I've only heard back from two of the other four members, so it'll be very nice to have you aboard!

Secksiebrat
10-23-2007, 10:51 AM
Done :)

~danielle~

Yarnlady
11-09-2007, 08:55 AM
I've sent an e-mail out to those I'd received confirming e-mails from. Deb, I guess I didn't get an e-mail from you (cyber black holes are so annoying sometimes). :teehee:

So our group at this time is:

Deb, Holly, Leslie, Danielle and me. If you all know of anyone else that would like to join, let them know I'm starting to get things moving again. Depending on everyone's wishes, we'll start up soon, or wait till after the Christmas knitting rush is done. :lol:

Things to think about: How big do we want to make these blankets? Preemie blankets run from 12 to 16 inches square.

Baby blankets run from 30 to 36 inches.

Child sized blankets are 42 to 48 inches.

Yarn choice is acrylic for easy care. I find the Simply Soft too slippery for babies... Red Heart WW Supersaver washes up very soft and is light weight. Most of the preemies will have cotton receiving blankets between them and the blankets we make.

Any questions, comments, ideas? Please share! :happydance:

rissa
11-09-2007, 11:56 AM
Count me in! Sent you an email, Yarnlady! :hug:

stirsmommy
11-09-2007, 01:51 PM
Yarnlady,I have sent you an email as well.

Yarnlady
11-09-2007, 02:15 PM
Recieved your e-mails, Rissa and Melissa. Thanks. Have added you to my records. This is gonna be fun!

threesmom
11-09-2007, 04:08 PM
I saw your post on ravelry - I'd love to join! Can I pm you my info? My pc died this week, and I haven't really figured out this Mac my dh brought over from his office. (Notice I managed to figure kh and ravelry out though:teehee:)

Let me know if that's okay!

debinoz
11-09-2007, 04:48 PM
I think I got the e-mail sent back to you this time I can't believe how big a dope I am!
On size: The others, I thought were supposed to be around 25 inches. I would vote for regular baby blanket size. (Around 30") I think they would be able to use them longer.

Yarnlady
11-09-2007, 04:54 PM
Beth, just send me an e-mail or IM here or on Ravelry. Whatever works. Need Name and address. Thanks for joining us!

Deb--regular size sounds good to me. We can just keep sending them round and round till they are big enough! Or if we get enough people, just once around will do it! So far it looks like six or seven are willin' and able!

jjminarcik
11-10-2007, 12:26 PM
I would like to participate! I've never done a log cabin blanket before and this will give me some experience! Count me in! Yarnlady - sending you an email with my information.

LilHuskiesFootBallMom
11-12-2007, 02:05 PM
how do i sign up?

Shandeh
11-12-2007, 02:17 PM
Hello Log Cabin Knitters! :waving:
Just wanted to let you all know that I heard from Snowbear, and she is okay. She said that she's had a hard time, but she has survived. I'll let you all know more as I hear about it.
:muah:

Yarnlady
11-12-2007, 02:32 PM
how do i sign up?Just e-mail or IM me your name, address, e-mail and Ravelry ID if you have one. I'll put you on the list. We'll be picking up speed on this sometime after the holidays.

We've created a pretty big group, now, about a dozen participants here and on Ravelry. Should be lots of fun and we can get alot more done with more knitters.

Looking forward to working with everyone!

Shandeh, that's good news. Thanks for sharing!

Yarnlady
12-16-2007, 10:15 AM
I just sent off an e-mail to all the particpants. If you didn't receive one, please IM or e-mail (lizzyk8@gmail.com) me so I can get you on the mailing list. :star:

Yarnlady
12-19-2007, 09:14 AM
Looks like we are gearing up to knit log cabin (http://www.knitting-and.com/knitting/patterns/afghans/log-cabin-square.htm) baby blankets sometime between Christmas and New Years. If you are interested in helping us out, please send me an IM, e-mail with your name address, e-mail, do you want to crochet and/or blankets, Ravelry ID if you have one.

This is done as a Round Robin. Each person starts a blanket and mails it on. When a blanket is received, another section is added and mailed on.

More information (http://www.januaryone.com/archives/2006/06/how_to_build_a_log_cabin.php) about log cabin knitting.

Yarnlady
12-26-2007, 11:02 AM
Let me preface these instructions by saying because I know what I'm doing, I may leave out a vital piece of information you need. Please ask questions if you are unsure.

Each of us will start a center square for the blanket. It'll need to be at least 6 inches on the shortest side. The square is bound off and the last loop left open for people to work from. Cut your yarn off, leaving the loop and a six to eight inch tail.

The square will be mailed to the person below you on the mailing list. They will place the square in front of her with the loop in the upper left corner, insert a needle in the loop and pick up the sts down the left side of the square. Knit at least six inches, bind off and mail on. This will continue round the circle of knitters, each adding a stripe on one side. That creates the log cabin effect.

Yarn used will acrylic ww like Red Heart Super Saver, Carron, Vanna's Choice, etc. Whatever you have in your stash. These are suppose to help us use stash up, so don't feel a need to match color schemes, etc. Just keep it ww acrylic. Put a note in with your square letting the next knitter know what size needle was used. This is the best way we can try to match guage.

When the blanket gets to the person on the list before the starter of that blanket, we'll determine if it's big enough and where it's to be sent. Everyone is invited to suggest a place to send the blanket(s). They don't all have to go to the same place and we'll work down the list of charities and start at the top again.

Now this is the lecture part: Please stay in touch with us. (You can post at Knittinghelp.com, Ravelry, or use e-mail. Life happens and we all have to take a break, etc., so just let us know. If you can't knit on a blanket, please send it on and do two sections on the next one. This isn't to be a chore but a gift of time and knitting. If you are holding blankets it deprives the rest of us from doing our part. If at any time it's too much, just let us know and you can quit or go on stand by. We'll start out with loose mailing dates of on or about the 1st and 15th of each month. Our first mailing will be January 15th.

We only ask you to do what you can, and if you can't let us know. Easy peasy.

Thanks and welcome to you all. If you have questions, please ask! As has been said numerous times by numerous people, there are NO dumb questions except the one not asked!

Yarnlady
12-26-2007, 11:03 AM
Let me preface these instructions by saying because I know what I'm doing, I may leave out a vital piece of information you need. Please ask questions if you are unsure.

Each of us will start a center square for the blanket. It'll need to be at least 6 inches on the shortest side. The last loop left open for people to work from. Cut your yarn off, leaving the loop and a six to eight inch tail.

The square will be mailed to the person below you on the mailing list. They will place the square in front of her with the loop in the upper left corner, insert your hook in the loop, do your turning chain and crochet down the left side of the square. Crochet at least six inches, end with a loop on the upper left corner, and mail on. This will continue round the circle of crocheters, each adding a stripe on one side. That creates the log cabin effect.

Yarn used will acrylic ww like Red Heart Super Saver, Carron, Vanna's Choice, etc. Whatever you have in your stash. These are suppose to help us use stash up, so don't feel a need to match color schemes, etc. Just keep it ww acrylic. Put a note in with your square letting the next crocheter know what size hook was used. This is the best way we can try to match guage.

When the blanket gets to the person on the list before the starter of that blanket, we'll determine if it's big enough and where it's to be sent. Everyone is invited to suggest a place to send the blanket(s). They don't all have to go to the same place and we'll work down the list of charities and start at the top again.

Now this is the lecture part: Please stay in touch with us. (You can post at Knittinghelp.com, Ravelry, or use e-mail. Life happens and we all have to take a break, etc., so just let us know. If you can't work on a blanket, please send it on and do two sections on the next one. This isn't to be a chore but a gift of time and crocheting. If you are holding blankets it deprives the rest of us from doing our part. If at any time it's too much, just let us know and you can quit or go on stand by. We'll start out with loose mailing dates of on or about the 1st and 15th of each month. Our first mailing will be January 15th.

We only ask you to do what you can, and if you can't let us know. Easy peasy.

Thanks and welcome to you all. If you have questions, please ask! As has been said numerous times by numerous people, there are NO dumb questions except the one not asked!

Yarnlady
12-27-2007, 12:22 PM
Garter stitch chained edge
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v478/SamplerLady/chainedge1.png

Back of a Log Cabin with chained edges used
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v478/SamplerLady/chainededges-1.jpg

Yarnlady
12-27-2007, 01:52 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v478/SamplerLady/LogCabin1.jpg

Got my first knitted center square done. Will start crochet one ASAP.:waving:

HollyP
12-27-2007, 02:35 PM
I just cast on for mine this morning.
For the crochet blankets which stitch is everyone using? Thanks

threesmom
12-27-2007, 02:57 PM
I should be able to start one this weekend - and no problem getting it out by the 15th. :cheering:

Yarnlady
12-27-2007, 03:15 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v478/SamplerLady/LogCabin2.jpg

Here's my crochet one. A pattern I made up...Let's see.

C1 turn, Hdc in same st. Skip one st, *2 hdc in next st, skip one st* repeat. I'd forgotten how much faster crochet is than knitting....:teehee:

Yarnlady
12-28-2007, 09:19 AM
:waving: Could everyone please check in? We're ready to start and I've only heard from a few people.

LilHuskiesFootBallMom
12-29-2007, 02:18 PM
checking in :)

HollyP
12-30-2007, 09:44 PM
:waving: Checking in and ready to mail! I finished both my starting squares a couple of days ago. I forgot how fast crochet was too. I bought my envelopes tonight. So I will have noo problem sending by the 15th.

Secksiebrat
12-30-2007, 11:10 PM
I'm almost finished with my christmas knitting project and then to finish up my 3 inches on my oddball blanket and I'll start my square. I shouldn't have any problems getting it out by the 15th.

Thanks!

~danielle~

Yarnlady
12-31-2007, 10:04 AM
That's great! :woot: I'll inventory all those that have checked in and we'll see where we are at!

rissa
01-04-2008, 08:26 AM
Checking in as well! I've been gone for a while and am now just getting back in the swing of things. Working on a sweater for my DD and will have no problem getting my squares done by the 15th. I'm on both the knitting and crochet one. :D

Yarnlady
01-04-2008, 10:57 AM
Good to hear from you! I think just about everyone has checked in somewhere, so I'm feeling better about us launching our new blankets! :happydance:

threesmom
01-04-2008, 11:41 AM
Just checking in :waving: - I'm about 1/2 done my square - shouldn't take long to finish now. I have envelopes, and am all set for the 15th!

Yarnlady
01-05-2008, 07:31 PM
:woot: Super duper! I'm getting excited about our first mailing!

anastaciaknits
01-06-2008, 10:44 AM
I found you guys on ravelry & here I am over here, too! I'd like to join in, please.

Secksiebrat
01-06-2008, 02:51 PM
Can anyone giv eme an idea of what size needles and how many they casted on? I'm not good without a pattern :-P

~danielle~

Yarnlady
01-06-2008, 03:20 PM
I used a size 7, and don't remember how many I cast on...maybe 30....

Secksiebrat
01-07-2008, 03:16 PM
Thank you! I have 2 rows and then the bind off row to complete on my current project. I will probably cast on today or tomorrow!

~danielle~

Secksiebrat
01-07-2008, 11:53 PM
I finished my square tonight. It was done using caron simply soft.. The color is a dusty rose! So I'll be ready to mail in the 15th!

~danielle~

Yarnlady
01-08-2008, 08:26 AM
I found you guys on ravelry & here I am over here, too! I'd like to join in, please.
:waving:I'm really spacing here...Did I send you a message on Ravelry? I'll need your name, address, e-mail, Ravelry ID in an e-mail or IM. Also, do you want to do the knit, the crochet or both? :shrug:

Our first mailing is January 15, so you'll need to do a center section that is at least six inches on the shortest side. We're using Red Heart WW yarn... If you have any other questions, be sure to ask! :woot:

rissa
01-09-2008, 12:45 PM
I have my squares done! For the knit one I used size 8 needles and did a garter stitch. For the crochet one I used a size J hook and did single crochet. They are both on white red heart yarn, nothing special to post a pic of. Looking forward to the 15TH!

Secksiebrat
01-09-2008, 12:58 PM
OH doh.. Mine isn't red heart yarn. I just used some stashed yarn. Do you want me to do another square in Red heart? I'm not sure I have any red heart, but I can also get some at the bargin bin!

~danielle~

Yarnlady
01-09-2008, 02:07 PM
Red Heart or Caron regular (Pound of Love?) WW is the best choice because it's easiest for everyone to get. Acrylic is a necessity. WW is kinda necessary to as almost everyone has WW in their stash.

When types of yarn and weights of yarn vary the blankets look pretty ****-eyed...

Secksiebrat
01-09-2008, 09:27 PM
Yeah it's Caron Simply Soft. It's acrylic and WW. It shouldn't be too much of a problem, but if you'd rather I did the red heart, I can pick some up this weekend. Just let me know!

~danielle~

Yarnlady
01-10-2008, 09:46 AM
That should be fine! :happydance:

HollyP
01-10-2008, 01:19 PM
Thank goodness! I did my knit one in Simply soft too! My crocheted one is in a mystery acrylic ww from my stash.

Yarnlady
01-11-2008, 10:43 AM
:waving: I sent everyone an e-mail. Please check your mail box and respond via e-mail!

Yarnlady
01-14-2008, 08:58 AM
:woot::woot::woot:Today is mailing day!!! Get those squares in the mail to the person below you on the list!

Secksiebrat
01-14-2008, 06:53 PM
Mine will go out tomorrow. There was a fire in our subdivision and I don't think mail will get delievered to us today. Sorry for that, but it still should make it to the next person by the end of the week!

~danielle~

HollyP
01-14-2008, 07:02 PM
Mine didn't get out today. I thought we were mailing tomorrow on the 15th. Wasn't that the plan the 1st and 15th? I even marked it on my calendar. Am I wrong? They will be sent first thing tomorrow.
Sorry about my mix up !

Yarnlady
01-14-2008, 09:30 PM
You're right...1st & 15th.... I got so excited I mailed mine out today!:chair:

HollyP
01-15-2008, 12:14 AM
:teehee: Great! I hated thinking I was late!

LilHuskiesFootBallMom
01-15-2008, 04:38 AM
Mine will be sent out in today's mail... here's a pic of it...

the verigated and the dark pinky color are RH WW SS... the white is mystery from my stash, it's either mainstays or RH WW SS

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a210/ladykrow/100_0725.jpg

LilHuskiesFootBallMom
01-15-2008, 04:40 AM
size 8 and cast on 34... it gave me a 7 1/2 inch side... so i just worked the rows until i had 6" from top to bottom.

Yarnlady
01-15-2008, 09:39 AM
:woot:Wow, you went to town. I feel like a slacker now cuz I just made a single color center! :teehee:

LilHuskiesFootBallMom
01-15-2008, 10:07 AM
actually, i needed to practice a bit more on my intarsia... I"m making another weasley sweater for my 9 year old and wanted to get some more practice in before doing the "J" on the front....

Once i got a good rythm going it didn't take me long. I did that square while watching Fantastic Four 2 (finally) and only made it halfway through Resident Evil 3.

Yarnlady
01-15-2008, 10:28 AM
See that's what makes charity knitting so great! You can practice new techniques and some little one will be warm because of it! :happydance:Talk about win-win!

threesmom
01-15-2008, 01:34 PM
Mine went out this morning!

Yarnlady
01-15-2008, 02:17 PM
Mine went out this morning!:woot:

rissa
01-15-2008, 03:41 PM
My squares are ready to be mailed, I just need to get to the post office. Its been one of those crazy days and I'm not sure I'll be able to make it in, but I'll try. If not, it'll go out tomorrow.

HollyP
01-15-2008, 03:55 PM
I'm sending mine this afternoon on my way to class.

LilHuskiesFootBallMom
01-15-2008, 07:56 PM
mine will be shipped out in the morning after i drop my monsters off at school..

Yarnlady
01-16-2008, 08:30 AM
Looking Good! :notworthy:

Secksiebrat
01-16-2008, 08:00 PM
Here's a picture of my square. My hubby forgot to mail it today so I'll get it out first thing in the morning. Silly men!

~danielle~

Yarnlady
01-17-2008, 12:27 PM
:notworthy: Super duper! I keep running out to the mailbox but it's always empty.....:doh:

HollyP
01-17-2008, 04:01 PM
I chose the 3 -4 day delivery option so my squares should be at their destinations soon. I'm hoping they'll make it by Sat.

rissa
01-17-2008, 05:28 PM
I forgot to check in, my squares have been mailed off. Looking forward to getting my new squares in the mail to work on!!

rissa
01-17-2008, 05:54 PM
I got my squares from LizzieK8!! You did a great job! I noticed you slipped the first stitch of every row, I should do that next time. makes for an easier pick up. I'll post pics after I get my section done! :happydance:

Secksiebrat
01-17-2008, 07:59 PM
My square is in the mail. No squares have arrived at my doorstep yet :)

~danielle~

HollyP
01-19-2008, 12:52 AM
No squares in my mailbox yet. I'm officially stalking my mailman.

Yarnlady
01-19-2008, 09:27 AM
Nothing here yet, either....:verysad:

threesmom
01-21-2008, 10:17 PM
I got mine Sat.:cheering: - thanks Alex!

Yarnlady
01-22-2008, 08:12 AM
:woot: I have received and crocheted upon Leslie's square. It is ready to go out! Leslie did the gorgeous white and I did the yellow.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v478/SamplerLady/Charity%20Log%20Cabin/Danielle1.jpg

I also have received Danielle's square and have finished knitting on it.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v478/SamplerLady/Charity%20Log%20Cabin/Danielle1-1.jpg

How's everyone else doing? Rissa, there is info in this thread about making the nice chain edge for garter stitch. Read back in some of the posts. It makes it so much easier to pick up the sts! And sooooooooooooo much prettier on the reverse side of the blanket.

Oh, Rissa, is it okay if I send these on when I'm done, or do you want me to wait till February 1? I don't want you to feel pressured, so let me know.

Secksiebrat
01-22-2008, 12:19 PM
Hopefully I will get some squares today!

LOL

~danielle~

I'm glad mine arrived and you didn't have any problems wiht my chain edge. I always worry about how "neat" it is when I know someone else is going to be trying to knit off/from it.

rissa
01-22-2008, 01:38 PM
Lesliek8, go right ahead and mail em if you want to. I've got the knitted one done and need to work on the crochet, I can get that done today. No stress here! Figured out the edge thing too, so it'll be easier on the next person in line. Looking good, all!

HollyP
01-22-2008, 04:22 PM
I just got my squares from Anastacia.:woohoo: I 'll post pictures when I finish my part!

Secksiebrat
01-22-2008, 05:46 PM
I got my square today from HollyP. I have the flu though so I probably wont get to knit until this weekend. BLAH!

~danielle~

Yarnlady
01-22-2008, 06:48 PM
Looks like we've got a lot of action going on here!

:waving:I have two extra blankets from the last time we tried to do this. I've just about added six inches to the first one. Who wants one next? These can be called Extra blankets and we don't have to follow the mailing list....but I need someone(s) to mail them to next.

Any takers? :shrug:

HollyP
01-22-2008, 09:51 PM
I'd love to work on the extra blankets! You can send them my way!

Hope you feel better soon Danielle!!

Yarnlady
01-23-2008, 08:45 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v478/SamplerLady/Charity%20Log%20Cabin/ExtraBlanket1.jpg

:happydance: Okey dokey, Holly, I've got Extra Blanket ! done and will be ready to mail when I get an envelope for it. Started Extra Blanket 2 last night and it should be finished today. :star:

:waving: Does anyone else want to do an Extra Blanket, or should I send it on to Holly, too? And then we'll need someone to accept it/them after Holly's finished.....:shrug: These will be a one time deal, once they are finished (at least 36 inches in the shortest side) they can be sent off to the Cheyenne River Reservation.

Secksiebrat
01-23-2008, 03:20 PM
I wouldn't mind working on the extra blanket after HollyP. I wont take them right now though since the flu is in my house!

~danielle~

HollyP
01-23-2008, 08:20 PM
Hi! Here is Anastaciaknits square http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2360/2215299388_e0394d55ee_m.jpg

Here it is with my portion addedhttp://farm3.static.flickr.com/2089/2215343556_b2ee1ea244_m.jpg

I tried to post this on Ravelry but for some reason my flickr account isn't showing up on my info page. I emailed them about it so hopefully it will be resolved soon

Yarnlady
01-24-2008, 08:33 AM
If you were posting it to the group on Ravelry, you just need to have the URL of the picture.

I'll be mailing my regular squares to Rissa today or tomorrow as well as the Extra Blankets out to you, Holly.

How's every one else doing?

Yarnlady
01-24-2008, 05:15 PM
Here's Extra Blanket Two. Off to Holly in the morning!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v478/SamplerLady/Charity%20Log%20Cabin/ExtraBlanket2.jpg

Secksiebrat
01-24-2008, 07:24 PM
I'm still hacking and coughing and sometimes thinking death might be better than what I feel.. Ok not really, but this flu thing is miserable. I finally have the fever under control, now it's just the horrible cough an sinuses crap. lane is feeling better, but my hubby is feeling miserable.

I hope to pull out the beautiful square that HollyP knit and do my 6 inches. I just don't want to pass on any germs!

~danielle~

HollyP
01-25-2008, 12:28 PM
I feel so bad having to post this. I am currently puppy sitting for my BFF while she is on her long over due honeymoon( they got married this summer and finally were able to get time off work). I was starting to work on Anastacia's crochet square last night when the phone rang. I got up to go find the phone and talked for a few minutes. When I came back to the chair where I put down the square all I saw was my yarn with a wet end. I assumed one of my cats stole it and was carrying it around. They love to steal my knit dishcloths out of the wash. So I started to look for it. Then the puppy threw up and you guessed it out came the crocheted square. I decided that even though it is washable no one would want a previously thrown up square.
I am soo so so sorry Anastacia! Sully(the puppy) is sorry too. Your square was so pretty. I honestly forgot that puppies can and will eat anything. I started another square last night and will turn and do another side. I don't want my mistake to hold up the whole group. Again I am sorry and I promise I will never ever leave any of these blankets out again even if I am just going to answer the phone!

Secksiebrat
01-25-2008, 12:58 PM
Awe! Is the puppy ok? Our dog, boomer (who's passed now) ate half a sock and 5 DPN's (brittany's). I guess he needed them for toothpicks after eating the sock yarn! :teehee:

*hugs*

~danielle~

Yarnlady
01-25-2008, 12:59 PM
It's okay, Holly, puppies happen. :teehee:

http://www.wildlifeintarsiadesign.com/BH-Photos%20jpg/Bh-09%20Bad%20Puppy.jpg

HollyP
01-25-2008, 06:45 PM
Sully the puppy is fine. I had him checked out by my vet this morning to be sure. I have heard horror stories of yarn in dog's intestines causing all sorts of problems. His mom called today to check on him and told me he eats her underwear at least once a month. Apparently his favorite flavor is Victoria's Secret:teehee: Puppies happen about sums it up!:lol:

Yarnlady
01-27-2008, 11:47 AM
:woot: My packages went out to Holly and Rissa on Friday. Holly, don't feel pressured to work on the Extra Blankets. Catch up on the puppy disaster first. :teehee:

HollyP
01-28-2008, 02:12 AM
I can't wait to get the extra blankets. I'm all caught up on the puppy disaster! Sully went home to his very happy, relaxed, and tanned parents tonight. I'll miss him but it will be good to know that no one will be eating my knitting or crocheting when I am not looking!:teehee:

Secksiebrat
01-28-2008, 11:51 AM
I knitted my part on the logcabin blanket last night. I took some pictures and will try to post them to ravelry today. I'll be ready to mail on Friday!

~danielle~

HollyP
01-29-2008, 11:33 AM
I got the extra blankets yesterday safe and sound! They are both so pretty! I'll be working on them this week, hopefully I will have at least one of them done for the mailing on the first.

Does anyone one know what the pink and green variegated yarn is on the girlie extra blanket? My friend is having a baby and that yarn matches her nursery perfectly. The note said the blanket was simply soft and red heart but I have never seen simply soft like this and it feels softer than red heart. Thanks!

LilHuskiesFootBallMom
01-29-2008, 09:46 PM
anastacia... have you recieved the squares i sent to you?

Secksiebrat
02-01-2008, 11:11 AM
These should be in the mail today, right?

~danielle~

Yarnlady
02-01-2008, 11:19 AM
Yuppers!

rissa
02-01-2008, 11:23 AM
Well, I won't be able to get mine in the mail until tomorow morning. We are a one car family and today is my day not to have the car. Would have done it yesterday, but there was no time in my day to do it. So tomorrow morning it will have to be. Although, I will take pics today and get them packaged and ready to go!

Yarnlady
02-01-2008, 11:27 AM
No problems...just check in when mailing and receiving!:woot:

HollyP
02-02-2008, 06:48 PM
Hi! I am now working on extra blanket #1. None of the strips are 6 inches. They are averaging 5- 5.5 inches and about 20-22 garter bump rows. Should I keep it consistent and do the same or should I do the 6 inches that we are now doing? Thanks!!

Yarnlady
02-06-2008, 10:45 AM
Melissa Jones, please communicate with Alexandra or me. Are you still playing or do you want to just mail your stuff on to Alexandra? Please let us know!

Secksiebrat
02-06-2008, 05:06 PM
I got squares from HollyP today. Will work on it this weekend!

~danielle~

Yarnlady
02-06-2008, 06:01 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v478/SamplerLady/Charity%20Log%20Cabin/February1.jpg

I finished up Holly's blanket. :woot: Mine is the multi colored section. It's ready to go out in the mail Friday to Carissa. :waving:

Secksiebrat
02-12-2008, 10:29 PM
I finished my portion tonight. I will probably get it in the mail tomorrow. Thursday is my birthday and Friday is my MIL's birthday, so I have a busy end to my week!

I'll take a picture tomorrow before I mail it. Hopefully I can figure out how to add pictures to ravelry!

~danielle~

Yarnlady
02-13-2008, 07:23 AM
Okay! Hope you have a great week. Sounds like you'll really be busy celebrating!

I answered you post on Ravelry and did post the picture. The URL you used didn't work :shrug: so I went to your Flickr and got a different one for your pic and it's posted now.

How's everyone doing on their squares?

HollyP
02-13-2008, 12:17 PM
Hi. I got my squares yesterday and will be working on them tonight and tomorrow.

Secksiebrat
02-18-2008, 12:23 PM
Since Ravelry is down, I thought I'd post a picture here. I'll put it on ravelry as well :)

This is the square that I mailed out last thursday!

~danielle~

Yarnlady
02-18-2008, 06:11 PM
Danielle, I received your blanket on Saturday. Will start working on it ASAP!

How's everyone else doing?

HollyP
02-22-2008, 08:05 PM
Hey everyone! I am so sorry I am so late sending. I really got hit with the flu. I thought I was feeling better but woke up the next day sick as ever. I am finally really feeling better. I will be sending my packages tomorrow morning. I am also sending one of the extra blankets to Danielle. I forgot to take pictures before I sealed the envelopes.

Yarnlady
02-23-2008, 08:12 AM
That flu thing is taking a serious toll of knitters these days! Hope you're feeling better! :waving:

Secksiebrat
02-23-2008, 12:01 PM
I will be out of town all next week (hubby will be home to get mail though). So I will do them as soon as I get home. It wont be in time for the deadline though.

~danielle~

Secksiebrat
04-02-2008, 01:06 PM
Here are two knit blankets I've worked on. They are headed out the door by the end of the week!

~danielle~

Yarnlady
04-02-2008, 01:50 PM
:woot: Super duper! It's nice to see them moving again past all those that had to pull out for awhile!!!!

Yarnlady
05-03-2008, 08:00 AM
Here are pics of the two most recent blankets I've worked on:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v478/SamplerLady/Charity%20Log%20Cabin/Kate3May.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v478/SamplerLady/Charity%20Log%20Cabin/Alli3May-1.jpg

frogalot
05-27-2008, 02:32 PM
I finally looked up the group here and can keep up with everything going on with the group. I will start school soon and the log cabin blocks are one of the projects I am depending on to keep me sane. I have incorporated this patchwork scheme into a final charity blanket we - church stitch ministry - have a shortage of odd (as in cannot match) blocks for. I have quilted before and I like the log cabin design in yarn. Anyone up for trying an Ohio Star?? KIDDING.

Anyway, I'm here.

Yarnlady
05-27-2008, 03:38 PM
Glad to see you here. I'm working on Eve even as we "speak."