PDA

View Full Version : Just a Rant

msmelody
10-19-2007, 04:17 PM
I bought bamboo needles thinking that I would stop losing so many stitches. I of course manage to lose more stitches on the bamboo needles then I do on metal needles. I am a tight English knitter, but a looser Continental knitter. I think I will be buying more metal needles, and getting rid of all the bamboo needles I have bought. End of rant. Thanks for reading. Any suggestions?

cranberry
10-19-2007, 04:31 PM
I would keep the bamboo, just in case you need them, or you come across some odd yarn that "requires" them.

Plus they might go on planes better, so keep that in mind for your next vacation :)

rissa
10-19-2007, 06:26 PM
If the reason you are losing stitches with the bamboo is because the tip is too thick and 'grabby' to easily go into the stitches, you could sand them a little pointier..I think I've heard of people doing that. Just a thought.

brittyknits
10-19-2007, 08:54 PM
I, too, would suggest keeping the bamboo. I don't like them for most of my knitting, but if you are working with a very slippery yarn, they really are a life saver.

LadyB
10-19-2007, 11:09 PM
Disregard what everyone else has said and send the needles to me.:shifty: You will feel much better not having them around and I would give them a good home.:eyebrow: Promise. :teehee: