PDA

View Full Version : Question

knotmaker
10-19-2007, 05:07 PM
Has anyone knit this (http://www.garnstudio.com/lang/en/showphotosearch.php?d_nr=s15&d_id=15) sweater from garnstudio? I really wanted to do it for my daughter but it they don't have an "american" version of the pattern only british. I read the pattern and it is not all that clear .... any ideas????

:grphug:

astonh
10-19-2007, 05:27 PM
I believe they have a British English/US English translation page somewhere on their site. If you can find that then perhaps you can translate to something you understand better? Best of luck!

brittyknits
10-19-2007, 09:03 PM
Can you list the terms/phrases you don't understand? I can probably tell you what they mean. . .

suzeeq
10-19-2007, 10:53 PM
The `British' translation is the only one you're going to find in English. Just a few of the terms are different is all. What are you having trouble, most of it looks like regular `american' pattern to me. If parts are unclear, it's due to an inexact translation.

knitqueen
10-19-2007, 11:27 PM
I think in general that those garnstudio patterns aren't as clearly written as we are used to, this is due to them being translated into English. It is sure a cute pattern though - just say which parts are confusing and someone will surely be able to help.

brittyknits
10-19-2007, 11:38 PM
I just looked at the pattern-- I think I can help. Can you be specific about which parts you don't understand? Do you need a translation of the Norwegian on the chart?