PDA

View Full Version : Lion Cotton

Carla1019
10-21-2007, 08:46 PM
When my Hancock store was going out of business. I grab alot of Lion cotton. :wall:Why .. I don't know..:shrug: (they were cheap)

Can any one tell me what to do with all this cotton? I am waiting on my invite to Ravelry or I would look it up there. I have 13 balls in 4 different colors.

I known I can knit dishcloths but I like to use the peaches and cream. Plus I don't need 40 dishcloths.:noway:

Thanks

brittyknits
10-21-2007, 08:53 PM
How about a cotton top or cardigan for summer?

Becky Morgan
10-21-2007, 09:05 PM
Cotton sweaters are wonderful. Maybe you don't have enough of one color, but stripes are nice. Cotton works for shawls, market totes, purses, backpacks, fanny packs, and of course all the kitchen stuff like potholders. Have fun!

Silver
10-21-2007, 09:27 PM
I made a sweater out of Sugar n Cream for my mom. She loves it. I loved it so much, I made another for me, but ended up giving it away to a friend who also fell in love with it.

If you don't want to make a full sweater, a tank top/sleeveless top is a great alternative. You could also knit full sized hand towels, not just dish cloth size.

jennylozano
10-22-2007, 01:13 PM
I made a sweater out of Sugar n Cream for my mom. She loves it. I loved it so much, I made another for me, but ended up giving it away to a friend who also fell in love with it.

If you don't want to make a full sweater, a tank top/sleeveless top is a great alternative. You could also knit full sized hand towels, not just dish cloth size.

I am glad to hear sugar n cream has worked for other people... in my case I knited a really nice tank top with it and now I cannot wear it because 1-it is not as stretchy as I expected, so I hardly can put it on and 2- it is kind of heavy :shrug: so I feel some extra weight in my torso when I wear it :teehee:

suzeeq
10-22-2007, 01:39 PM
I think you need to knit a garment with larger needles, like 10s at least. I made a tank top from SnC with 7mm and while it stretches out with a couplathree wearings, washing it puts it back in shape. Using larger needles means less yarn used and not as heavy, and the larger gauge is stretchier.