PDA

View Full Version : in love with the perfect $$$yarn$$$

MrsDavis3
10-21-2007, 10:15 PM
My husband has never asked me to make him anything... until now. He has actually asked for a cardigan, and so, after months of searching for the perfect yarn, I finally found it today. It is absolutely perfect and gorgeous. It is the perfect texture and the perfect color. And it is $28 per 50 gm skein, worsted/aran weight.

The object of my affection is The Fibre Company's Road to China and it is so lovely I can't get it out of my mind. I saw it in person today. But if I make him a sweater out of it, I'll have to spend in the neighborhood of $400. And I would, except I know that he would not be pleased to know that it cost that much. But it is perfect.

meearnol
10-21-2007, 10:34 PM
Yeah, $400 is a bit pricey for a cardigan, but run it by him. Who knows? Maybe he'd say "why yes, honey, I would love it if you would knit me a cardigan out of this yarn! I know you'd love every second of knitting it because this yarn is the most perfect yarn in the world, and what's $400 if it buys you so much happiness?"

What! It could happen! :teehee:

knitrageous
10-21-2007, 10:44 PM
Wow! I'm don't think I'm a good enough knitter, regardless of how long I've been doing it, to spend that much. But, he's special and if you think you could pull it off then go for it! Good luck!

Ingrid
10-21-2007, 11:20 PM
If you went out to a really nice restaurant a few times, you'd spend that much, and as good as the food may have been, it only lasts until you swallow it.

The yarn and sweater, however, . . . . .

Slim
10-22-2007, 07:36 AM
I don't know what color you planned to use, but PurlSoho (http://www.purlsoho.com/purl/products/yarndetail/1112) has this yarn on sale at 40% off! Hope it works out for you!

MrsDavis3
10-22-2007, 09:48 AM
The color I want is Topaz, and PurlSoho has ONE SKEIN for $14.40 plus $7.50 shipping. WAAAAAH