PDA

View Full Version : New leads for lame/glitter type yarns?

fiddlefingers
10-22-2007, 01:29 AM
Hello everyone! I was amazed when I checked in here last night first time at about midnight west coast time, that there were 47 people in here!!! We're obsessive!!! I've searched for lame threads/stirng/yarn and can only come up with the Red Lion brand lame which is the right shine :-P and then the Jo-ans glitterspun, a few ribbon type christmasy things, but I am looking for more. I don't use "cold" weather yarns or patterns, more like crochet. Any reasonably priced things out there I've missed? It has to have a lot of shine, some stretch would be great but fat chance. Thanks!

brittyknits
10-22-2007, 09:55 AM
You might try these sites (by the way, I have ordered from both and have excellent experiences!):
www.yarnforward.com
www.yarnmarket.com

brittyknits
10-22-2007, 10:03 AM
Oh, and by the way-- yes, you'll find knitters on here at all hours. Some of us are obsessive, some of us can only find the time to do it well after the kids are in bed, some of us live in different parts of the world with varying time zones and some us are menopausal women having trouble sleeping:rofl:. And I'm not going to admit which of those clubs I belong to:rofl:.

suecq
10-22-2007, 10:55 AM
Try elann.com. Their Elann Champagne is a nice glitter yarn at a reasonable price.

madametj
10-22-2007, 08:44 PM
welcome to KH:waving:

mwedzi
10-22-2007, 09:11 PM
Of course I kept reading your thread title as "lame", you know, not "la-may" but as in pathetic and undesirable. I kept thinking, "dang, just cuz you don't like glitter yarns it doesn't mean you have to call them lame!" :teehee:

There is this great new yarn I bought when I was in Indy. It's called "Bright" and it's by YarnArt. It is 90 grams, 371 yards. I think it would look really nice being carried along with another yarn that had a halo. But yeah, best used as a carry-along. Also there's Rowan Lurex, which is softer, but pricier. I guess it would be good for lace.

Abbily
10-23-2007, 10:05 AM
Paton's Brilliant (http://www.patonsyarns.com/product.php?LGC=brilliant) is kind of sparkly. :)