PDA

View Full Version : The color of your stash

ChristyH
10-22-2007, 10:44 AM
Was looking through my small stash. Yes it is small, it fit in a bushel basket. We be "po" here, at least until I return to work after Christmas and that is beside the point.

Anyway, green is my favorite color and my stash clearly reflects that. I also tend toward colors that go with green and natural colors, like yellow, orange, and browns. I do have some lovely sock yarn in deep greens with a few small burst of pink. Don't look in my closet because there is a bunch of green in there too. :teehee:

I was looking a wendyknits blog and she doesn socks in whatever strikes her fancy and it is neat to see how yarn colors that I normally wouldn't be look great as socks.

I need to expand my color choices.

What color is in your stash?

msoebel
10-22-2007, 10:50 AM
If you look in my closet...I wear too much green.

If you look at my yarn...every bright color there is. And two weirdly out of place pinks that someone gave me. Otherwise, I have bright purple, blue, red, navy, yellow, orange, lime green...and a few lovely skeins in a deep blue and a pumpkin orange.

I buy according to the project I want to use it for...not because I love the yarn.

Misty

Kaydee
10-22-2007, 11:23 AM
Well purple is my favorite color but I really like jewel tones so most of my stash is purples, greens, and blues in nice vibrant shades. But there's also a bunch of random pink in there too.

PurlyGyrl
10-22-2007, 11:25 AM
My stash looks like a bruise:

Pinks, purples, a few greens and black.

:teehee:

vaknitter
10-22-2007, 11:58 AM
my LYS just went out of business and gave all her regulars first shot at her stock and a lovely discount. I bought cascade 220 in just about every color under the sun for felted clogs, mittens, hats, bags etc. I also have an assortment of yarns that have been given to me or bought when I went OOOHHH wouldn't that be awesome to make a ____with that yarn.

You name a color, I've probably got it and I'm going to have to part with some of it soon...

laptop_knitter
10-22-2007, 12:13 PM
I've got an amazing amount of white, blue and browns- mostly because of my grandmother. I prefer greens really.

Quiltlady
10-22-2007, 07:02 PM
I have a lot of everything but I do love anything with rose or pink/raspberry colors. I never tire of those colors.:knitting::knitting:

bitchknitty
10-22-2007, 07:08 PM
my LYS just went out of business and gave all her regulars first shot at her stock and a lovely discount. I bought cascade 220 in just about every color under the sun for felted clogs, mittens, hats, bags etc. I also have an assortment of yarns that have been given to me or bought when I went OOOHHH wouldn't that be awesome to make a ____with that yarn.

You name a color, I've probably got it and I'm going to have to part with some of it soon...

Oooo! Lucky! :drool: My stash is actually kinda colorful. I've got a ton of baby alpaca in pink, blue, and oatmeal. (baby hats) I've got a DOGS BAIT of cascade 220 for felting purposes(browns, stones, blacks, greys), and a lot of pink, purple, blue, and green acrylic that a friend gave me. Oh! AND I've got a bunch or self striping cotton in all sorts of colors.

Knitting_Guy
10-22-2007, 07:28 PM
My small stash is greenyellowblackwhitebluebrownred.

I wanna see Crayola come up with that one.

jennylozano
10-22-2007, 07:34 PM
blue, blue and more blue:think: all different shades of blue... from baby blue to navy blue :rofl::oo: but is not my favorite color :??

Songbirdy
10-22-2007, 08:46 PM
Turquoise, black, yellow, some sort of pink, yellow & blue & green sock wool, gray, several brown and blue verigated, blue sock wool, black, charcoal, strange green but it looks good on me, red, red, and oh... more red.

ladyjessica
10-22-2007, 08:51 PM
As much as I try to get away from it, it seems like everything I make is some shade of purple, which is my favorite color. So, the majority of what is waiting for me is purple. I also have multiple balls of Xmas stocking yarn in red, green, and white, and some random pinks and greens. But, mostly purple. hehe. :aww:

jdee
10-22-2007, 09:02 PM
I have mostly neutrals, and most of the colors I buy are the heathered ones, so they'll go well with neutrals. It's not that I don't like bright colors, these are just what I seem to buy.

Karrying Kolor
10-22-2007, 09:21 PM
I don't much care for hand painted yarns, but I didn't realize just how many neutral yarns I buy until I read this question.

I've got 5 shades of white. Heathers and tweeds that range from dark chestnut to light beige. Autumn shades of orange, sage and chocolate. Deep purple, crimson and burgandy...Some brights in teal and mint green...Baby shades of varigated pinks, blues, yellows, and peach. Some semi-solids in grey and navy...It was all bough with specific projects in mind so I guess that's what dictated the color choices.

moreyarnplease
10-22-2007, 11:15 PM
My stash is mostly browns, blues and oranges. I have all boys, and not only is orange my favorite color, keeping earthy tones is a easy way of using yarns for everyone:)

Sometimes I do long for something pink tho,lol:inlove:

AnnaT
10-22-2007, 11:20 PM
This is interesting! :) My favorite color is green but have quite a bit of blue because I just bought a bunch of dark blue in a clearance sale! I also have a lot of a golden-orangey yellow, kind of a sunflowery yellow. Otherwise, I have leftover odds and ends in a variety of colors and three shades of green.

knitrageous
10-22-2007, 11:27 PM
Actually my stash is pretty much variegated. I just love them. My kids tease me. Variety I guess!

lelvsdgs
10-22-2007, 11:30 PM
Right now it is mostly neutrals because I am doing Christmas gifts for the boys who prefer neutrals. I do have some bright sock yarns in reds, purples and blues... Hmm, I think I need to go on a stash building spree...:woohoo:

sarahlilly
10-23-2007, 02:33 AM
The majority of my stash consists of various shades of blue and red...my two favorite colors. I have a few skeins of black, white, and gray and some odd ball pinks and greens.

KnittingNat
10-23-2007, 03:50 AM
I also like green very much. My stash is mostly in subtle colours - browns, burnt red, beige, grey, dark blue. I also have all sorts of colours in acrylic, that i received from my grandmother.