PDA

View Full Version : Anyone dressing up for Halloween? - added picture

vaknitter
10-22-2007, 11:29 AM
Our friends still have costume parties so I am hurrying to get costumes done for the hubby and myself. Had to put it off til the last minute pending the moonlight madness sale at Joanne's..This year we are bacon and eggs. The hubby is a good sport, the first year we went he was a potted flower and I a bee, last year he was cookie monster and I was his cookie.

I'll have to see if I can find some pictures.

PurlyGyrl
10-22-2007, 11:32 AM
:roflhard:Bacon and eggs! Cool! :roflhard:

Silver
10-22-2007, 01:37 PM
My husband is not so into the whole dressing up part... well.. that's not true. He'll dress up so long as it doesn't cost him a whole lot.

But, we get invited to Halloween parties every year. We're going as bikers. *yawn* We ARE bikers so we have all the leathers and helmets and all... even leather chaps. I know it's kinda a lame costume idea, but I'm beefing up the costume factor by going nuts with temporary tattoos and cheesy biker garb. Biker bar tee shirts, chains, skulls, etc. Hee! :teehee:

Jenn_Knitter
10-22-2007, 04:58 PM
Bacon and eggs? That's awesome. I dress up because my son likes for me to. This year he wants to go as Captain Jack Sparrow. I still haven't decided what I want to dress up as yet. Last year my mom and dad dressed up and it was hilarious. My dad had this disco outfit and wig and told everyone he was Dr. Funkenstein. My mom dresses up as a witch every year. :)

jjminarcik
10-22-2007, 05:10 PM
Be sure to post pictures of your bacon and egg costumes! What a cool idea!

Krystal
10-22-2007, 05:15 PM
DH doesn't care to go out ever, but I will get him when we have kids :). Halloween is still new to him since he grew up Jehova. Carved his first pumpkin last year and LOOOVED it.

But I go out to the bar every year with my friends. Some years we do giant group things. Like a couple years ago we went as Batman enemies. My friend Brian was an AMAZING TwoFace, I was his girl Spice, my friend Katie was Poison Ivy, and our friend Manda was the Penguin. It was awesome.

Last Year I was Jem, from Jem and the Holograms. It was too cool. Katie, on my left was a Vampire, and Brian was the captain from the Titanic, AFTER it sank. My mic was hot pink with stars on it AND, it lit up with flashing rainbow colours.http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee268/krystal_pare/hallow.jpg

This year I am a bit broke from the wedding stuff, so I am keeping it simple. I am going as a "suicidal" emo kid. I have the long dark hair for it, so it won't be too hard. And I have the perfect shirt, Just need to pick up a couple tiny things and I am set. DH HAAATES the idea. I practiced my emo make up the other day and it just made him sick. He wouldn't even kiss me. But he cheered when I came out with it off. lol. :teehee:

aineepooh1
10-22-2007, 05:18 PM
sounds like fun~!

Knitting_Guy
10-22-2007, 07:48 PM
I'm gonna dress up as a trucker.

vaknitter
10-22-2007, 09:15 PM
this is the last couple of years

Braden
10-22-2007, 09:16 PM
:teehee: I'm going to a Halloween party this year. Don't know if I'll dress up or not.

But, when I don't dress up, I sit on the couch and watch horror movies all night.

meearnol
10-22-2007, 10:47 PM
I'm gonna dress up as a trucker.

:roflhard: Mason, you crack me up. I'm going as a poor college student.

sugarfunpouch
10-22-2007, 11:03 PM
I'm going to be a devil!!! We get to wear our costumes to school!!! Yay!!!!

sig
10-23-2007, 03:43 AM
those pictures are great!!! Love your costumes!!!! :chair::thumbsup:

gamerchik
10-23-2007, 04:14 AM
I love the costume pics!!! :cheering::cheering::cheering:

My DH and I are dressing up as a ghost bride and groom this year...we're mostly making the costumes ourselves...it should be a lot of fun!!! :D

Abbily
10-23-2007, 11:12 AM
But, when I don't dress up, I sit on the couch and watch horror movies all night.

We have a yearly halloween movie party with a few friends and a lot of horror movies. :)

Sharly
10-23-2007, 02:54 PM
I LOVE to dress up - but won't this year...VAKnitter - Your Costumes are wonderful!! So imaginative!

I have a costume I made at the height of the beanie baby craze - it's supposed to be a dalmation beanie baby - complete with the tag and a silly poem!

This was my favorite ever - but it was done when I was MUCH younger!!

That's my hair but it was longer, and I took a tube top, rolled it up and tucked my hair in around it!!

Looks like I have a thing for painting my face white!!

KnitClickChick
10-23-2007, 09:09 PM
I haven't dressed up since I was about 12. But, at work everyone makes a HUGE deal of it. Each department has their own theme, there are prizes for best decorating, pumpkin carving, etc. I am really not that into it, but I don't want to be a party pooper. My department has a good vs. evil theme, which they are doing heaven/hell.... I was designated "good". I think it would be more fun to be evil though. I don't have a costume, or any ideas. A lot of people are going as angels and that is probably what I will end up going as, since it is pretty simple. If we could dress up as whatever we wanted, I was going to wear all black and put dryer lint all over myself, get some bunny ears and be a dust bunny. :teehee:

aineepooh1
10-24-2007, 12:40 AM
dust bunny???:rofl::rofl::rofl:

L:heart:ve it~!

msoebel
10-24-2007, 10:06 AM
I haven't dressed up since I was about 12. But, at work everyone makes a HUGE deal of it. Each department has their own theme, there are prizes for best decorating, pumpkin carving, etc. I am really not that into it, but I don't want to be a party pooper. My department has a good vs. evil theme, which they are doing heaven/hell.... I was designated "good". I think it would be more fun to be evil though. I don't have a costume, or any ideas. A lot of people are going as angels and that is probably what I will end up going as, since it is pretty simple. If we could dress up as whatever we wanted, I was going to wear all black and put dryer lint all over myself, get some bunny ears and be a dust bunny. :teehee:

You could go as a nun...or sister Teresa. Or a cherub. Or go as an angel, but put on a fake beard and go as Saint Peter.:wink:

I don't get to dress up. No one dresses up for work, and I have a church party that night...adults don't dress up.

I am so BORED.

Silver
10-24-2007, 10:33 PM
Well I convinced DH that our biker costume idea was lame. And miracles of miracles, I convinced him to wear a fun costume instead. That is really a first!

We're going as Jack Skellington and Sally from The Nightmare Before Christmas. :)

JessicaR
10-25-2007, 07:25 PM
I work on Halloween night and I'm really hoping they let us dress up! I'm going to wear my Renaissance dress. I used to go to the fairs and since I've dropped some weight it should fit again!!!
Last year when I worked at Target I got around the no costumes rule. I wore red RED lipstick with black out liner, a studded leather choker, and black fishnets up my arms. Oh, and my hiar was black at the time. It was so fun! :teehee:

Sharly
10-26-2007, 09:08 AM
Of all things, they are having our costume contest today at work! Bummer. I'm not even participating. Who wants to dress up on October 26th?

Last year we did it on Halloween day and it was a blast, but I'm just not into it this time. I wonder how the participation will be...

Kels Joy.
10-28-2007, 04:47 PM
i'm doing "trick or treat so kids can eat" for drama club this year, where we go trick or treating for can goods instead of candy and all the food goes to a children's hungar relief charity. we can dress up if we want to, so i'm going as whilma flintstone, since i already have the costume from our halloween show for marching band. one of my good friends has a pebble's costume- i'm even spraying my hair orange again! lol

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s297/kelseyjoyx/asdfasdfasdf.jpg

mks22300
10-28-2007, 06:54 PM
I wouldn't be a fun preschool teacher if I didn't dress up. As it is, I'm not very creative when it comes to costumes. I'll be a butterfly again, it's quick, simple and the kids like my sparkly wings. :teehee:

Krystal
10-28-2007, 08:44 PM
My party was last night, here I am as an emo kid...

http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee268/krystal_pare/emo.jpg

http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee268/krystal_pare/MASK22.jpg

http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee268/krystal_pare/MASK25.jpg

http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee268/krystal_pare/MASK16.jpg

vaknitter
10-31-2007, 03:38 PM
I don't have any pictures yet (forgot to bring my camera) but the hubby and I won best overall costume here at work today !! There was a poor turnout at the party we went to on Sat night (reason I made costumes) so no costume contest as promised. Oh well. It was fun to wear my scrubs and crazy socks and costume today at work.

iza
10-31-2007, 03:57 PM
:roflhard: vaknitter, I love your previous costumes! I can't wait to see the "bacon and eggs" one, what a great idea!!! Krystal, I love the emo kid idea too. :teehee:

Sharly, I absolutely love your Pedrolino/Pierrot costume. How do you call this character in English? :??

Sharly
10-31-2007, 04:44 PM
Sharly, I absolutely love your Pedrolino/Pierrot costume. How do you call this character in English? :??

Thank you! I always called him Pierrot :) It was such a simple costume, but turned out so well - I have thought about reprising it many times!

BostonBecca
11-01-2007, 09:03 AM
I was Cleopatra this year!

Sharly
11-01-2007, 09:09 AM
Pictures!!!! Pleeeeeease!!!

kemp
11-01-2007, 11:26 AM
this is the last couple of years

OMG...your costumes are awesome!

kemp
11-01-2007, 11:28 AM
Well I convinced DH that our biker costume idea was lame. And miracles of miracles, I convinced him to wear a fun costume instead. That is really a first!

We're going as Jack Skellington and Sally from The Nightmare Before Christmas. :)

Sounds cool! I can't wait to see that.

vaknitter
11-01-2007, 02:28 PM
Here's this year's Bacon and Eggs costumes .. excuse the food pics were taken at lunchtime

Sharly
11-01-2007, 02:36 PM
I hope you won a contest!! Those are fantastic!!! :roflhard:

BostonBecca
11-01-2007, 08:38 PM
Here is my costume as Cleopatra!

Sharly
11-02-2007, 09:20 AM
Awww! Both cosutmes are really great!!

Ronda
11-04-2007, 10:37 AM
I love all these costumes!!!
Valknitter: You guys are hilarious!
Krystal: That Captain of the Titanic is terrific! I love his "frosty" eyebrows! :roflhard: