PDA

View Full Version : Lion Brand Cotton

knitting4-2girls
10-22-2007, 03:39 PM
Hey everyone,

I am wanting to knit a hat for my dd for winter. I have found a pattern, but it is made with Lion Brand Cotton. I like the look of the hat in the picture and really like the colors, but everytime I see and feel 100% cotton I think "dishcloth". I have never worked with the Lion Cotton so it may be different, but I am also wondering if it will be warm enough. Oh, and we live in Texas so I guess it doesn't have to be that warm.

I have looked at a ton of different yarns on the internet, but can't find any that have solids and mulitcolor yarns that I like.

I'm not sure what I need help with exactly, but if anyone has worked with the Lion Cotton can you give me your opinion of it.

suzeeq
10-22-2007, 03:41 PM
Subs for Lion Cotton would be sugar and cream or peaches and cream, but they're similar in feel. They will soften up with washing and drying though. Lion's Cottonease or Bernat Cottontots are softer, or you could use just about any worsted weight yarn.

Diane1212
10-22-2007, 04:03 PM
Knit Picks Main Line is 80% Cotton, 20% wool. I made a hat for my son from it, it knits up very nicely. I can try to post a picture of it, if you'd like.

knitting4-2girls
10-22-2007, 06:18 PM
Knit Picks Main Line is 80% Cotton, 20% wool. I made a hat for my son from it, it knits up very nicely. I can try to post a picture of it, if you'd like.

thanks, I looked at Knit Picks and while I did like their solid colors they didn't have any multi colored yarn to match. Maybe I just need to do some mixing of different yarns.