PDA

View Full Version : FO Cobblestone Pullover and Fair Isle by Hubby

MellieThePooh
10-22-2007, 03:44 PM
This is my first sweater, the Cobblestone Pullover by Interweave Knits, finished just this morning:

http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff103/uberquandary/knit007.jpg

If I had realized how long it would take me, I would have waited a few more months to start! It was a lot of knitting, holy schnockers. But I'm really happy with it and he likes it (that's my DH btw). I used Wool of the Andes, color Amber Heather, because I didn't want to spend too much on my first sweater without knowing if I could do it. Kitchener stitch is so cool.

Also, my DH is continuing his foray into knitting, and is now a step ahead of me having learned stranding:

http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff103/uberquandary/knit005.jpg

The picture doesn't do it justice. He's just using some leftover yarn I had lying around, and I think he's doing a lovely job. Not sure what he's making yet, but I think he could turn it into a hat.

mari_13
10-22-2007, 03:46 PM
Wow! Great job on your first sweater! Love the color. What a great gift for your DH!

Mariblue
10-22-2007, 04:03 PM
Wow, that sweater looks awesome! What a great job! Your husband's stranded color work looks neat, that's a nice pattern he's using. :cheering::cheering::cheering:

Samsam
10-22-2007, 04:07 PM
Very cool!! :cheering:

MaleKnitter
10-22-2007, 04:12 PM
wow, I was actually thinking of making that pullover for myself (something for me for once :teehee:) It's nice to see it somewhere else other than in the magazine
You did an amazing job

KnittingNat
10-22-2007, 05:48 PM
:cheering: for the sweater and :woot:for modeling and knitting hubby!

MellieThePooh
10-22-2007, 05:50 PM
wow, I was actually thinking of making that pullover for myself (something for me for once :teehee:) It's nice to see it somewhere else other than in the magazine
You did an amazing job

Do it! It's not that difficult, the worst part is the short rows in the yoke and that ain't too bad.

rissa
10-22-2007, 06:26 PM
Nice job! :woot: I'm quite impressed with both of you!

ah
10-22-2007, 11:03 PM
Both look great!

DragonsChest
10-22-2007, 11:17 PM
I love this sweater, and it's in my queue at Ravelry. But I'm queuing it for myself. LOL I love the styling and stitchwork. I plan on using more girly colors, and knitting it in it's smallest size. I don't see why it wouldn't look good on a lady, too.

ritaw
10-23-2007, 03:11 AM
Looks great on him and he looks like he loves it too.

Slim
10-23-2007, 07:44 AM
Love the sweater, and he's obviously very proud of it! It must be fun to share your knitting triumphs. He's doing a great job on the colorwork.

dustinac
10-23-2007, 08:43 AM
The Sweater looks great!!! :thumbsup:

He is doing a great job!! :thumbsup:

jdee
10-23-2007, 11:17 AM
I love that sweater! I wanted to make the same sweater for my husband when I saw it in my IK magazine. I noticed it is knit in the round, and I HATE seaming. Was it difficult at all?

And his fair isle...well, it's just great. I tried it once, and it was a dismal failure. I haven't attempted it since.:teehee:

momwolf
10-23-2007, 11:26 AM
Great job on sweater and you have a DH who WANTS to wear sweatershttp://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_1_11.gif Tell hubby http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/4/4_17_2.gif on his knitting

MellieThePooh
10-23-2007, 12:35 PM
I love that sweater! I wanted to make the same sweater for my husband when I saw it in my IK magazine. I noticed it is knit in the round, and I HATE seaming. Was it difficult at all?

It really wasn't that difficult. Well, there were moments...for me, the worst part was thinking, "there are 320 stitches on this round and I have to do x amount of them before I can decrease", or measuring the sleeves and being and inch or two away still, and so on. The instructions kept saying, "knit in garter stitch until the yoke measures however many inches from center back" and I'd get a different measurement each time, oy ve. If I were more than vaguely employed, it would've been a long time before I got done with it. Joining the sleeves to the yoke was a little tricky, and the first two or three rounds after that I had to be careful not to stretch the sleeves, and I still ended up with holes in the armpit that I had to cover up. As for seaming, the only ones were on the armpits at the very end. But I really liked working on it and I'd recommend it to anybody.

Debkcs
10-23-2007, 02:39 PM
Why is it that when our guys try something like knitting, they take a plunge and go for the hard stuff? I love whatever it is that he's knitting, and the sweater came out great. My DH just can't wear sweaters, he's always too hot as it is, but I'd love to make one like that for him.

You both do great work!