PDA

View Full Version : Circulars-suggestions? I have a set of interchangeable but r/o

boo1
10-22-2007, 08:56 PM
I don't like them (they always come unscrewed just enough to catch the yarn-they're Boye, by the way).

Do most of y'all prefer buying sizes individually or is there a better interchangeable set that you would recommend?

:knitting:

Thanks,
Laura

AngMac
10-22-2007, 09:25 PM
I had the Boye's too and found the same thing happened all the time. It was so frustrating.

Someone at my LYS told me about KnitPicks and how much they liked them. So, I gave them a try and just absolutely love them. I have both the Options and the Harmony sets and I really like having the option of just interchanging needles and not having to buy so many different ones.

merchgirl
10-22-2007, 09:36 PM
i too use knitpicks options, and i absolutely love them. they come with a little tool to tighten the needles onto the cables, and i find that when i'm feeling lazy and only hand tighten them, yes, they sometimes come unscrewed slightly, but i've never once had them come loose when i used the tool to tighten them on.

Jan in CA
10-22-2007, 09:45 PM
Knitpicks Options! I have the nickel plated ones and love them!

I've never had a problem with them unscrewing. I think it depends on how much you tighten them.

suzeeq
10-22-2007, 11:10 PM
Boye's have a tool to tighten them up with and it depends on how the tips are threaded. I have a set of tips that almost always work loose (they're older, this may have something to do with it) but the other tips only occasionally loosen up.

Miss Moosey
10-23-2007, 09:34 AM
I have the Denise set and I absolutely love it! The tips don't screw on so they won't come undone a little and catch the yarn.

I also love them because I prefer knitting with plastic needles and these are the best plastic needles I have ever touched! Sometimes I wish they were a little pointier, though.

Rebecca

knitting4-2girls
10-23-2007, 09:40 AM
I have the Boye set and just ordered the options from KnitPicks. Just waiting for my order to arrive. I have had the same trouble with the Boye needles coming unscrewed, but using the tool does help. And even after getting my options set I will still be using my Boye set for theose 16" projects.

candicane
10-23-2007, 10:08 AM
I have the Boye's and the Options. BOTH will come unscrewed if you don't use the tightening key. The Options are way nicer to knit with.

candice

cranberry
10-23-2007, 10:09 AM
You need the Knitpicks set. They are so much better!

I recently had to use my Boyes because I needed a size 1 circ and I hate them. I'm dying to order the Knitpicks one but I can't because I'm moving this week. So I'm literally counting the days until I can dump the Boyes and order more Knitpicks. Plus they don't catch on the join like they do with the Boyes. They just glide right over it, and I'm a loose knitter (hence needing a size 1 circ!)

knitncook
10-23-2007, 10:11 AM
Another vote for Options! I LOVE LOVE LOVE my Options. They don't come unscrewed as long as you use the tightening key. I love the soft supple cords. You can tie those babies in knots and they still whip back into shape. They are smooth and very fast.

boo1
10-23-2007, 10:16 AM
Thanks, everyone! :hug: