PDA

View Full Version : What's on your Christmas Wish List?

Sharly
10-23-2007, 10:43 AM
Hubby has asked what I want for Christmas, and I am really having a hard time coming up with something!! Help me out by sharing your wants!! Knitting-related or not!

I'm afraid if I don't come up with something, I'm going to get a 250cc go cart, or a new power tool!!

Thanks!

cranberry
10-23-2007, 10:59 AM
I usually pick stuff that he would be good at getting, like a boombox for my Ipod or something related to the kitchen like an attachment for my Kitchenaid. And then of course, diamonds :)

Abbily
10-23-2007, 11:02 AM
I want the knitpicks harmony set! Actually, I asked for that for halloween, but I don't think that will happen... LOL

stirsmommy
10-23-2007, 11:54 AM
Hmm I want a lot of things it would seem. I won't get them all but since my b day is not long after Christmas I will give them a choice.
For the house and me I would like a pressure cooker and a food processor. For me alone I would like some gift cards to get myself some clothes. I also want a purse and a new wallet that the kids will get. But for my knitting I would like gift certs to my lys, webs and anywhere else that I find they have them. I would also like a new knitting bag (ok it would be my first nonpaper one) and dd knows what I am looking for as she is too. Speaking of dd on her list (she 11) is her own set of options and yummy yarns for quick projects.

stitchwitch
10-23-2007, 12:25 PM
Sharly if you get the 250cc go cart I'll trade ya' for whatever I get. :cheering:
I seriously do not need or really want anything. I'd just like a better year than this year, I could use a good year.

PurlyGyrl
10-23-2007, 01:25 PM
Hey, now Sharly. :fingerwag: Don't look the gift of a power tool in the mouth. You could modify a bench grinder or a power drill into a kick *** ball winder.

:teehee:

Sharly
10-23-2007, 01:57 PM
Sharly if you get the 250cc go cart I'll trade ya' for whatever I get. :cheering:
I seriously do not need or really want anything. I'd just like a better year than this year, I could use a good year.

Hey - don't get me wrong, I know I would enjoy the go cart, too! But, we just got a 4-wheeler not too long ago, and gasoline is expensive!! :lol: I'm sorry you've had a bad year. The past 12 months have been hard for me too (but it made me learn to knit). We didn't have a very "Christmasy" Christmas last year (not present-related), so I'm hoping this will be a good one for us - and, for you as well ;)

Hey, now Sharly. :fingerwag: Don't look the gift of a power tool in the mouth. You could modify a bench grinder or a power drill into a kick *** ball winder.:teehee:

Purly! I'm laughing! :roflhard: But....you know....you are right!! And, the way I look at power tools is the more he has, then the more things he can make me!!

This past weekend, he build us a mantle (http://houseof9lives.wordpress.com/2007/10/23/the-great-mantle-wars/) (<---shameless attempt to get people to visit my blog). It looks really good. I can't wait to get it painted and installed. We faced the fireplace with black granite tiles. I think it's going to look great!

Riss
10-23-2007, 02:04 PM
The only thing i've asked for is a new digital camera. Mine is 7 years old. But i'm definitely thinking a WEBS gift certificate might be in order.. and probably some new clothes. I'm down to only one pair of jeans :(

Last year I asked for a bunch of board games (scrabble, boggle, monopoly..) :D

marykz
10-23-2007, 02:11 PM
more hours in a day.

uh, not much chance of that, I guess... I want a new digi camera too, smaller than the canon powershot g2 I have. and the hubby can succesfully get one of those... he can research all the types available and let his geek shine.

from others, I'm asking for gift cards to joanns, michaels, or any other craft place. at least I can pick out what I want! or starbucks cards. and I'm hoping to get cute handmade ornaments from my 5 year old.

really, I can't complain about gifts- most of the people in my life are very thoughtful.

debinoz
10-23-2007, 02:12 PM
Money to go yarn shopping. I don't get to do that very often. But, knowing DH, it will be another kitchen do-dad or cleaning aid. Two years ago he bought me a vacuum cleaner..... we don't even have carpeting.

AngMac
10-23-2007, 02:19 PM
I really want a Spinning Wheel and some yummy fibers to go with it. Other things on my list are a couple knitting books, an iPod boombox, and a day of quiet all to myself -- which would require my DH taking all 3 of my boys out of the house for the day. That one might actually be a dream :teehee: but I can still put it on my list.

hob
10-23-2007, 03:51 PM
i dont knopw what i want for xmass. u know i have a lits of things to get people but i didnt think about me ummmmm.... that go cart sounds cool(hint hint) ok i want a lame xmass cd with all the dead cool xmass songs (jingle bell rock ect) and a ipod stand to play it on realy loud all day lol that would be so funny.

Quiltlady
10-24-2007, 03:26 AM
I just bought the Harmony interchangeable set which I love. I think I will ask for a few more needle sizes and some dpn's of the Harmony.

Then I'd love some gift cards to Joann Fabrics since I also Quilt.

My dh just bought me a portable dvd player so I told him to consider that my xmas gift.

I always find books I want from Amazon.:inlove:

jjminarcik
10-24-2007, 10:56 AM
I'm pretty simple - I want a ball winder. DH is okay with that, so hopefully I'll get one! And I think my dad is going to make me a swift. Ah, a perfect Christmas!!

dustinac
10-24-2007, 11:19 AM
First I was going to tell him about the harmony needles which I did...but he knows me and knows I'll change my mind till right before...Now I'm thinking I really don't need them since I have 2 sets of Options... :teehee:

So now I'm thinking Socks that Rock yarn? I've never tried it before and prolly wouldn't just order it for me... so I might do that....:shrug:

wewantmore
10-24-2007, 03:49 PM
Money to go yarn shopping. I don't get to do that very often. But, knowing DH, it will be another kitchen do-dad or cleaning aid. Two years ago he bought me a vacuum cleaner..... we don't even have carpeting.

:roflhard::roflhard::roflhard::roflhard: OMG now that is a bad gift giver.

I too asked for the Harmony set. :inlove:

threesmom
10-24-2007, 04:13 PM
I asked for a ball winder for my birthday next month, and I know my dad made me a swift .... I've been trying to be particularily annoying with asking dh to help me wind my skeins so I do believe he'll do it at least as much for him as me :teehee:.

For Christmas, I tend to ask for things I wouldn't get for myself, but really, when I really stop and think, all I really want is time. Just a few undisturbed hours to sit, knit, read, or just stare at the wall. Ahh, I can always dream ....

cftwo
10-24-2007, 07:23 PM
The only knitting-related things I've asked for are a ball winder and a stitch dictionary (Harmony Guide Volume 2). Other things include a set of microwave-safe mixing bowls, yoga blocks, some earrings to match a necklace I have, a fountain pen, and some kitchen gadgets. I also have an amazon wishlist which includes books, some cds, some kitchen gadgets (I've wanted a double boiler for years), some cookbooks, and a cordless headset phone.

auburnchick
10-24-2007, 08:13 PM
You know...for the first time, I can't think of a thing! I just bought a new MacBook Pro, so that's my fun. I am still attending school, so I don't have too much time to knit, so my yarn stash is lasting.

cheesiesmom
10-24-2007, 08:29 PM
I want my house cleaned (can't do much with my "condition") cuz my DD is coming home for 10 days. Haven't seen her since last May. YEA!!

vaknitter
10-25-2007, 03:10 PM
I had a knitting birthday and I just bought a ton of yarn when LYS went out of business and then went on a little spree at Eddie Bauer and we've been doing a lot of projects around the house this summer so for Christmas I would like a vacation...well, money toward a ski vacation in Jan/Feb.

kemp
10-25-2007, 03:26 PM
Um, yarn? :teehee: Can never have too much :)

jodstr2
10-25-2007, 04:17 PM
I want enough Kureyon to make a Lizard Ridge, a Lexie Barnes Darling bag, and a 2 ct princess cut center stone. I think the bag is definitely a possibility, the diamond isn't, and I will probably have to work on accumulating the Kureyon gradually myself.

Sharly
10-25-2007, 04:21 PM
Thanks for all your posts!! I hope everyone gets what they've listed from time to diamonds!!
Keep listing - I've gotten some great ideas, but it's fun seeing what everyone wants!!

Mayday
10-25-2007, 04:34 PM
I would like a night away at a hotel all by myself! No hubby, no kids, no house to clean!

I could knit, watch movies, order room service, sleep in....

mayday

PS I also want harmony set and a ball winder and money for yarn

*KnitPixie*
10-28-2007, 09:33 PM
Hmm..I have been dying for one skein of debbie bliss cashmerino aran in the a pretty colorway so I can knit myself the fetching:teehee: Oh and some superwash wool sock yarn in dk weight beings I have a hard time knitting with smaller weight yarn

auburnchick
10-29-2007, 12:20 AM
Ok. I changed my mind. I'm greedy after all! :teehee:

I would really like that nice blocking board that KP has -- the BIG one that takes a long time to come because they get it from somewhere else.

'Nough said, eh? ;)