PDA

View Full Version : Ever dream about knitting?

aslangirl
10-23-2007, 04:17 PM
Of course you do! Here's a place to share your funny knitting dreams!

I've only been knitting seriously for about a year, and I had my first last night. I dreamt that I was designing a cover for a tissue box. I had it all planned out, how I would knit a square for each side, and one for the top with a slit in it for the tissue to pop out, and would sew them all together. It was going to be dark green, to match my mother's bedroom, and the sides were going to be done in a bramble stitch. Too funny! I don't think I'll actually do it. :teehee:

bip
10-23-2007, 04:46 PM
If you do, you should do it in the round :) There is a twist stitch that can help you get sharp corners, lol.

Yes! I have had knitting dreams. The one that is coming to mind is finishing the sweater I am working on right now, and then having it felt and me being like, "Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!"

Cecily
10-23-2007, 04:46 PM
That is so funny. Wow when knitting starts taking over your dreams, your really hooked.

Cecily

Sharly
10-23-2007, 04:49 PM
I had a dream last week about knitting. I don't remember any specifics, just it seemed like I was knitting, knitting, knitting all night...no finished object, though...Hey! It was actually a lot like my real life knitting!

KT120
10-23-2007, 05:03 PM
I've had at least two this past week. Yeah, I dream about knitting patterns and yarn, lots and lots of yarn.

Kels Joy.
10-23-2007, 05:08 PM
aha mine was more of a nightmare-
i was working on my uncles blanket at school and someone threw something at me, making me drop it, and it all started unraveling like crazy- [i was just binding off] -and i started crying and trying to save it, but my circs started attacking me and then i woke up lol.

cristina61
10-23-2007, 06:58 PM
Funny you should post this today -- I just had a knitting-related dream last night and was wondering if I should post about it!

Last week I started thinking about possibly trying to get my 31-year-old niece hooked on knitting, and last night I dreamed she was at my house, learning to knit. She was using a scarf pattern from a library book that I had copied down onto a small scrap of paper. Apparently the paper was a mess, and right in the middle of the project she realized the last part of the pattern was missing!

She asked me to tell her what the rest of the pattern was, but try as I might, I couldn't remember it. I finally decided we had to go to the library and hunt for the book together so that she could finish her scarf. :teehee:

Christine

Amerielle
10-23-2007, 09:43 PM
Mine are like Sharly...just knitting and knitting and I never seem to finish anything! I have dreams of actually finishing projects, but I don't think those are the types of dreams you mean! :)

rissa
10-23-2007, 09:45 PM
LOL great dreams!

I dreamt last week that I was hired as a professor in a Knitting University. All the profs were admiring everyone's projects, and when I was unpacking, they all saw my huge, I mean HUGE stash from KnitPicks. Enough to fill a walk in closet. They were all in awe and jealous, lol!

There was more to it but I can't remember it at the moment, hehe.

debinoz
10-23-2007, 10:15 PM
I had one not too long ago. Right after watching "Night of the Iguana." We were having a KH get together at that motel and we were all on the bus riding there. Mason played the Richard Burton part (sans collar) and was instructing us on how to knit the perfect iguana. We all crowded around him to watch him manipulate his yarn and I was totally confused when he showed us how to cross a cable. I just couldn't figure out why he was cabling an iguana....

I guess I spend waaaay too much time here!

remclave
10-23-2007, 11:36 PM
:aww:I dreamed that a group of ladies showed up at my house to get a copy of the new knitting book I wrote and I've never even written a book! What the heck?!:roflhard: I wouldn't even know where to begin! I can only figure that it is due to the glut of reading that I've done in the last couple of months. :D

And for the greatest "dream" of all CHECK THIS OUT:roflhard:
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6ZjMWLqJvM)

Debkcs
10-24-2007, 03:38 AM
And for the greatest "dream" of all CHECK THIS OUT :roflhard: Too funny!

My knitting dream isn't about knitting, it's about frogging! Miles and miles of it, with no end in sight.

simplethings
10-24-2007, 05:26 AM
Now that knitting is such a large part of my life I've been having many knitting related dreams. Most of my knitting dreams revolve around getting gauge. Basically constant swatching and switching up needles or yarns trying to get the perfect stitch count per inch. Yeah, I know... my dreams tend to be boooooooring. Many of my non-yarn dreams are uneventful day-in-the-life-of myself dreams...

I DID have the shrunken sweater dream... twice... and I've only made one sweater. One was that I didn't get gauge and I knit my sweater too small. The other had to do with washing my sweater and having it shrink.. it pretty much felted in the dryer.
I think shrunken sweater is a regular nightmare for knitters, especially knitters working on sweaters. ^_^

remclave
10-24-2007, 09:09 AM
Bethany, I dreamed knitting again last night! :rofl: Tis all your fault!

I've actually dreamed a design for an adorable little infant sweater. In the dream, my 17yo daughter knitted it up in one sitting and when I expressed surprise at her first ever knitting being a stunning piece, she said mom you're being silly, I just copied the one you made.... (I did?) Then she showed me the one she made and the one I made and they appeared to be identical!, except mine was still on the needles being finished up. :rofl: In real life my daughter is a professional artist/avatar designer on SecondLife teen grid (She owns and operates the Okarthel sim) and considers knitting and crochet to be "granny stuff".

bip
10-24-2007, 09:56 AM
I dreamed about knitting last night too! Before going to bed, I finished the collar on DH's Avast, so all I have to do is seam the collar and underarms (the trunk is knit in the round, so no seaming there). It is SOOO close to being done, but it was 11:45 and I couldn't stay up to finish! The very last thing it needs is a zipper. I was planning to take it to the tailor on the corner because I know NOTHING about sewing ... but then I noticed an article in Creative Knitting? Knit Simple? Not sure, but whatever most recent magazine I have, about sewing on a zipper. So while falling asleep, I was debating the zipper issue. That is all real.

Then I dreamed that DH appeared wearing the finished sweater, zipper and all. I was like, "How did the zipper get on" and he said, "I took care of it."

Sharly
10-29-2007, 05:07 PM
As Lionel Ritchie said, "I had a dream, I had an awesome dream"...

The other night I dreamed I got all dressed up in handknit sweaters, hats, scarves and gloves, took up my knitting bag and went door to door, trick or treating for YARN!! And, since there were other knitters with me, doing the same, I assume it was you guys - because I don't know any other knitters IRL....doesn't that sound like a wonderful thing to do? :)

mrslevite
10-29-2007, 10:30 PM
As Lionel Ritchie said, "I had a dream, I had an awesome dream"...

The other night I dreamed I got all dressed up in handknit sweaters, hats, scarves and gloves, took up my knitting bag and went door to door, trick or treating for YARN!! And, since there were other knitters with me, doing the same, I assume it was you guys - because I don't know any other knitters IRL....doesn't that sound like a wonderful thing to do? :)
LOL! I want to go trick or treating with you! :mrgreen:

Sharly
10-30-2007, 08:42 AM
Wouldn't that be wonderful!! Let's go! :yay:

GennyLynn1962
10-30-2007, 09:04 AM
All of your dreams are great! :roflhard: I needed that today, thanks for sharing.
I would love to trick-or-treat for yarn!!!

I've had a couple of knitty dreams, but the most vivid was one I had when I was working on my first couple of shawls.
I dreamed that I was having trouble finishing the shawls, and I was at a KH get together in a meeting room of a hotel. So, I asked the KHers to help me finish the shawls and from behind me I pulled out a HUGE box full of shawls. All of the KHers pulled out a shawl and started dancing around the room with them like matadors (but more graceful). Everybody was chanting something that I couldn't understand. I just sat there, watched them, and started knitting on another shawl. :teehee:

AnnaT
10-30-2007, 03:24 PM
This is a funny thread! :mrgreen: I had a knitting dream a couple of nights ago. In real life, my MIL has asked me to make her a vest, so I've been obsessing over it. In the dream, I dreamed that I was almost finished with it and then she changed her mind and wanted it really long, past her knees. So that meant I had a LOT more to do! :shock: I woke up at that point.

Sharly
10-30-2007, 03:38 PM
Ooooh...that almost sounds like a nightmare to me!!! :)

zebstriped
10-30-2007, 04:13 PM
Great thread, had to add mine. You know how you often forget your dreams shortly after you wake up? Well..this morning I woke up knowing that I had just cast off and was ecstatic. However, I do not know what I cast off to truly enjoy the dream! Perhaps some of those UFOs are trying to get through to me...

SabrinaJL
10-30-2007, 07:09 PM
Once I was debating about buying some Artyarns Regal Silk but wasn't sure if I wanted to spend that much money on a yarn I wasn't even sure I'd like.

One night I had a dream that I went to visit my sister and went to a yarn store in her town. They had one lone hank of Regal Silk left and I bought it and loved it.

I took that as a sign and bought 10 hanks of Regal Silk. :teehee:

zebstriped
11-02-2007, 11:21 AM
Always good to have a SIGN that you must buy something...can't argue with a SIGN!