PDA

View Full Version : IVF?

boo1
10-25-2007, 06:24 AM
I'm trying to have my first baby. I'm 42, had a m/c this summer. My doc just tried a round of Clomid with a trigger shot. It looks like I'm about to start a new cycle.

His recommendation is that at my age, IVF is my best choice.

Can anyone tell me how long one round of IVF takes from start to finish? (I am aware of the cost, by the way. Scary, but what's a baby worth?)

I want a baby so badly and this trying to conceive is so stressful. I live my life in 2 week increments and I just have a feeling that I need very aggressive means to get pg now.

Thanks,
Laura

Silver
10-25-2007, 07:38 AM
I don't know anything about IVF, but I just wanted to wish you the best of luck in your baby pursuit. I hope you have a baby in your arms sooner than you expect. :hug:

kristinw
10-25-2007, 08:20 AM
Hi Laura, :hug: I'm sorry you are having a hard time conceiving. It took me over 5 years to have my son and many treatments. Did you do an IUI? You may want to consider doing injectibles/IUI before jumping straight to IVF. But I know some doctors are hesitant to do much when you are over 40. Apparently they consider that "old". Some of my friends doctors will only help them if they agree to donor eggs.

Anyway, I did do IVF. I would say from start to finish you are talking a good month and a half. It kind of depends on how you respond to the meds. I just looked and I started my first shot on Nov 23rd (2004) and my retrieval was 12/28. 1/12 was my official test.

Feel free to PM me, I have LOTS of experience in all the technical stuff. I have been jabbed by many a needle. Actually my husband was the jabber. :teehee:

Any way, I wish you lots of luck!
Kristin

Dangles
10-25-2007, 02:15 PM
:hug: I have no knowledge in this area, however, I would like to wish all the best in conceiving a child. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

bailsmom
10-25-2007, 03:39 PM
I want you to go to this website and talk with these girls. There are 3 forums, one is called Struggling to Conceive and the one right below it is TTC with Medical Assitance. They also have a board for women over 35 TTC. Sounds like that would be a great one for you. They are right near the top of the page in the Trying To Conceive section.

The women on these boards are just wonderful and so supportive, so I really hope you go to these boards and get the support you need.

I wish you all the best and I hope the first one works for you!!

:hug:

Any questions, just let me know.

http://www.americanpregnancy.org/forums/