PDA

View Full Version : Malabrigo.. should I do it??

KnitClickChick
10-25-2007, 07:08 PM
OK, I've heard all the raves about it, but have never really given much thought to Malabrigo. Mainly because I thought it was extremely expensive. Well, I was just looking at a website that sells it. :inlove: :inlove: :inlove: :inlove:

It is $10.95 for 470 yards. Is this a good deal? Doesn't seem too expensive to me. It's awfully pretty..... I think I'm in trouble.

Samsam
10-25-2007, 07:11 PM
wow! that sounds like a good price to me!
I petted in in my lys before...it was a tad expensive for me at that time.

But I say try it =)

jeanius80
10-25-2007, 07:15 PM
i love it! where are you getting it from? i bought some of the 215 yd worsted skeins, its so wonderfuly soft! i made mittens... :) I bought mine from fabulousyarn.com

bip
10-25-2007, 07:27 PM
Is that for the lace weight? I think that is a typical price. If is for worsted, tell us where, that is a GREAT price!

So far I have only bought the worsted weight, and only on BIG sale (the two sales people here have tipped us off to). For the first, I paid $6/skein because the store was going out of business, and for the second, I paid maybe $7.60. In both cases, I didn't get my first choice colors. I'm just too stingy to pay full price for the really beautiful colors. Maybe some day :)

KnitClickChick
10-25-2007, 07:55 PM
Yes, that is the lace weight. http://store02.prostores.com/servlet/knitone/Categories?category=Yarn%3ABrand%3AMalabrigo

they only have the lace weight, unfortunately. www.loopyarn.com has some worsted merno for $12, but it doesn't say how much in each skein.... hmmm. I really like that lace weight though!

madametj
10-25-2007, 08:31 PM
i've been searching the past few minutes for some cheap malabrigo. the absolute lowest price i found was here (http://crafts.search.ebay.com/malabrigo_Crafts_W0QQ_trksidZm37QQfromZR40QQsacatZ 14339). scroll down to were it says ebay stores. you can find it for as low as $9.50 per hank!

p.s. let me know if you find any that is cheaper!

debb
10-26-2007, 02:18 AM
WEBS has it for $12, but only 9.60 if you spend more than $60 - never too hard for me to accomplish

DreamWeaver
10-26-2007, 02:53 AM
Sorry, I can't supply all of the technical yarn stuff, but I think you should buy it. I've only heard great things about malabringo, and I think it's totally worth the money. Besides, it's good for one to indulge themselves once in a while ^_~

KnittingNat
10-26-2007, 07:04 AM
I got my mmmalabrigo at QualityFibers on ebay for 10.75 (worsted weight) and it's worth every cent of it!!! I couldn't believe how soft ot is and the colours are :passedout:.

GinnyG
10-26-2007, 07:41 AM
Definately worth it!! Although I have bee patiently watching and buying it on sale at an average cost of $8.00 a skein. I am planning to try the Lizard Ridge afghan in it and have been buying up different colors as they become available. Malabrigo is a pretty good deal even at full price when you compare it to some of the yarns.

brendajos
10-26-2007, 10:53 AM
Worsted Weight is about 215 yards
Chunky is either 65 or 85 yards (i can't remember which)
and of course you have seen the lace weight.

If you get the Seleccion Privada colorways the average price is usually between $10-12. The Seleccion is usualy around $16 it seems.

stirsmommy
10-26-2007, 11:53 AM
I would say go for it. My lys started carrying it about a month ago. I immediately picked two hanks for Silver's scarf. I love it! I admit to feeling a wee bit decadent spending more than usual but boy is it worth it. The scarf is to be a gift so spending more was an easy justification. What I didn't count on was the smile it would put on my face each time I pick it up or pet it. So I say jump in wallow in the yummy goodness you deserve it!