PDA

View Full Version : subsitituting yarn

wickedphantm
10-25-2007, 09:20 PM
Does anyone know of a good yarn to subsititute for the Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Aran yarn? I am too scared to buy my yarn online and want to be able to knit the "fetching" fingerless gloves from Knitty! Help!

gingerbread
10-26-2007, 04:13 AM
I made mine out of some Patons wool yarn. I got it at micheal's. I also used jiffy because it looks like it has mohair in it. So in both cases I didn't even use the DK weight.:aww: They came out great and were Christmas gifts last year to my daughter and daughter-in-law.:p They loved them and said that they kept there hands warm.I say go for any worsted weight yarn that you like.:thumbsup:
I do recommend Knitpicks it's a very good online shop to buy from.

lauraknits
10-26-2007, 09:23 AM
Actually, the pattern calls for Aran weight not DK, and Aran is a little thicker than worsted. I made mine out of Aran weight and they are a little big. I couldn't get gauge. Worsted should work fine, I have seen lots of them made out of worsted and they are lovely! Any worsted should work, Patons, Plymouth Encore, or something more fancy! Just make sure you get a smooth yarn, so your cables will show nicely.

wickedphantm
10-28-2007, 11:45 AM
Thanks so much for your Recommendations!