View Full Version : baby afghan

10-27-2007, 12:32 PM
:hug: looking for a pattern don't know the name of it is but it is like a checker board pattern done in a knit 4 purl 4 pattern that is up right and then the patterns runs long wise then up ward can anyone help:grphug:

Becky Morgan
10-28-2007, 09:42 AM
I think you just gave yourself the pattern. If you k4, p4 on an on an even multiple of 4 (20, 40, maybe even 60 or 80, depending on your yarn and the size you want):

Row 1: (K4, p4) to end of row
Row 2:. (p4, k4) to end of row
Row 3: REpeat Row 1
Row 4: Repeat Row 2
Row 5 (begins checkerboard pattern): (P4, K4) to end of row
Row 6: (k4, P4) to end of row
Row 7: Repeat Row 5
Row 8: Repeat Row 6

Repeat Rows 1-8 for pattern.

If you don't like the way the checkerboard looks, you can repeat an extra two rows on each set of squares. Either way, it won't roll and it should work up fast.


10-28-2007, 12:06 PM
When you have a st number that's divisible by 8, it should be
(K4, p4) to end of row for 4 rows, then (P4, K4) for 4 rows. That would be 40, 80, 120, 160, sts etc...