PDA

View Full Version : WI knitters

Grams
10-28-2007, 11:04 AM
I live in Fish Creek, WI and am wondering if there are any knitters in my area?

hellokitty165
10-28-2007, 11:21 AM
i live in oak creek, WI...i do not know where fish creek is... ? issit near me ?

KathleenG
10-28-2007, 09:12 PM
Hi,
Hello Kitty, I live in Milwaukee, not too far from Oak Creek. Where do you get your yarn? Have you been to the Loop?
Grams, Fish Creek, hmmm, if I remember correctly, that's in Door County isn't it?
I've been to Door County many times, and have really enjoyed my visits there. Where do you get your yarns in Fish Creek?
Kathleen

hellokitty165
10-29-2007, 08:53 AM
hi Kathleen,
i got my yarn from just4eve (oak creek marketplace), the yarn house on elm grove, loop, www.knitpicks.com (http://www.knitpicks.com) etc... my DH told me Grams is from door county (about 3 or more hours drive from Oak Creek)...

KathleenG, i am having a big knitting yarn sale on Nov 3, Sat at salvation army on howell Ave next to Target... if you have time do come and check it out

thank you

KathleenG
10-29-2007, 11:57 AM
Hi, Hello Kitty,
I would love to come to your knitting sale! Where exactly is it? (Howell and where?) What time is it? BTW, where is the Oak Creek Market Place? I would like to check out just 4eve.
Good "talking" with you!
Kathleen

hellokitty165
10-29-2007, 03:22 PM
Hi Kathleen,

here is the Sat, Nov 3, 9am to 2 pm rummage sale at :
The Salvation Army
Centennial corps - Oak Creek
8853 S. Howell Avenue
Oak Creek WI 53154

it on Howell Ave after Puetz if you coming from the General Mitchell airport

About the just4ewe here is her website http://www.just4ewe.org/

hope to see you at the rummage sale then !!!

sinistral_needler
11-01-2007, 12:21 PM
I am in Appleton .. that isn't TOO far from Fish Creek!

emmaknits
11-01-2007, 12:57 PM
Hi...I'm from Madison, but am currently in Kenosha for college!

KathleenG
11-01-2007, 02:20 PM
Welcome, Emma and sinsitral, Where do you get your yarns? What are you working on? What are you studying, emma?
Kathleen

emmaknits
11-01-2007, 06:04 PM
Currently I'm trying to figure out how to purl so that I can start a prayer shawl, and the last two days have not gone well with that...but hopefully I can figure it out tonight!I just finished my 4 (?) scarf,the seem to be the only thing I can make!So far I have only bought yarn from my local Hobby Lobby, which is a big craft/home decor store.They have a pretty big selection of yarn that isn't very expensive!A lot of TLC, Lion brand,yarn bee, and modea....and thats all I really remember, but it's a pretty nice selection for a beginner like me!I'm double majoring in social work and religion, but since I'm a freshman,I mostly have general and introductory classes.So far so good though!

KathleenG
11-02-2007, 08:36 PM
Hi, Emmaknits,
It sounds like you're quite busy, with knitting and school. Are you studying to go into the ministry? That is a fascinating profession,
rather, I should say, calling, right?
Do you go to Hobby Lobby in Racine? I heard that there is a new one there. The only one I've been to is the one in Huntsville, Alabama. (My daughter, son-in-law, and 14 month old granddaughter live there and I go down about 8-9 times a year.)
Hobbly Lobby DOES have quite a selection of yarns. I also pick up alot of free pattern sheets. (Heaven only know if I'll ever make any of them!) Do they have any free patterns at the one you go to?
How's the purl stitch coming along? I'm sure you'll get it. I am a self-taught knitter. Are you? If you've made 4 scarves, you're on your way!! Good for you! I am reading some mystery stories by Maggie Sefton. They are knitting mysteries, with titles like Knit
One, Kill Two. Pretty Good.
Well, I've chewed your ear off enough. Hope to hear from you again.
Good luck with school and knitting!
Kathleen

KathleenG
11-03-2007, 02:28 PM
Hi, HelloKitty,
It was GREAT to meet you today! This is the first time I have ever put a name to a face, and that was very exciting for me! How did it go for you today? Very, very well, I hope! I'll bet you're exhausted, though. It's alot of work! I just loved your shrug. You do beautiful crochet work. Is your knitting just as gorgeous? Thank you so much for the magazines. That was so very kind of you, and I will use them knowing they came from a good knitting buddy. Again, it was wonderful to meet you!
Kind regards,
Kathleen :muah:

annomalley
11-03-2007, 03:23 PM
Hi...I live in Neenah, just down Highway 41 from Sinistral_Needler.

mare-nitt
11-03-2007, 06:27 PM
I live near Waupaca WI. And the closest yarn shop to me is the Trolls Cove.

hellokitty165
11-03-2007, 07:59 PM
Hi, HelloKitty,
It was GREAT to meet you today! This is the first time I have ever put a name to a face, and that was very exciting for me! How did it go for you today? Very, very well, I hope! I'll bet you're exhausted, though. It's alot of work! I just loved your shrug. You do beautiful crochet work. Is your knitting just as gorgeous? Thank you so much for the magazines. That was so very kind of you, and I will use them knowing they came from a good knitting buddy. Again, it was wonderful to meet you!
Kind regards,
Kathleen :muah:

Hi Kathleen,

it was such a pleasure to have met up with you ...it a great support to me when you showed up ... i do very well ...after deducting my rental money for the booth ...i made $337 in total... i am happy and yes my DH and i were exhausted... we give away alot of stuff to people who buy from us too ....it fun ! i love the crochet shrug i am wearing today and i made one in black with beads for my mother in law too ...my knitting is acceptable i think ... have a look at some of my projects

http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46229&highlight=hellokitty165

http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46241

http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=45265

http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=65710

KathleenG
11-03-2007, 10:10 PM
Hello, Hello Kitty,
Your knitting is absolutely spectacular! You are a true artist! Everything is completed with such skill and perfection! I hope you are proud of yourself and your production; you should be!

Please get some rest; you must be very tired. Good night!

hellokitty165
11-03-2007, 10:51 PM
Thanks a bunch Kathleen, what a compliment :notworthy: ..you too good night :hug:

emmaknits
11-04-2007, 06:00 PM
Hello Kathleen,
Well, right now I am just majoring in Religion,so once I graduate I could work in a church in some sort of position.I'm not sure if I am going to go to seminary to be a pastor or not, I have plenty of time to decide!
I couldn't figure out how to do the purl stitch, and I was getting impatient to start my shawl!So I just started it and am just knitting it, maybe over Thanksgiving break someone from my church will be able to teach my how to purl.
Usually I go to the Hobby Lobby in Madison, but I got the yarn and circular needles that I am working with right now from the one in Racine, since it is about 15 minutes away from my school.
A women from my church taught me how to knit about 2 years ago, and I have been in love with it ever since!
That book series sounds intersting, I am going to have to see if my library at home has them when I go home for thanksgiving, I love reading!

KathleenG
11-15-2007, 12:49 PM
Hello Emma, Hello Hello Kitty,

I hope you are both well, and knitting like crazy!

Sorry I haven't written. I got a 'phone call on Wednesday night, and had to fly down to Alabama early Thursday morning because my daughter had an emergency appendectomy. She is doing fine now, and I am taking care of my 14-month old granddaughter, which is a real treat for me!

How is school, Emma? I'll bet you must be getting ready for final exams pretty soon, and don't have too much time to do much of anything else but study. I went to the Hobby Lobby here in Huntsville, Alabama. It is quite big, and has lots of well-priced yarn.

Hello Kity, what have you been knitting or crocheting lately? Your work is so gorgeous! I'm sure you are doing something beautiful right now, aren't you? I used that Hello Kitty bag that you gave me, and put something in it for my daughter, and she just loved it! She wanted to know where I got it from. I explained about my new friend, and she was happy to hear about you. Are the bags available for purchase anywhere? I'm glad you told me about the Just4Ewe Shop. I went there about two weeks ago, and bought some yarn, and then the next day I went to their Wednesday morning knitting group at 10:00 a.m. It is like a breakfast where everyone brings a treat to share. Do you think you could ever come? It would be so nice to see you again!

Well, it's time for little Elizabeth's nap, so I will end for now. I hope to hear from you.

Keep on knitting!

Kind regards,

Kathleen

hellokitty165
11-15-2007, 01:42 PM
Hi Kathleen,

sorry about your Daughter emergency... how nice that you flew there to take care of her... I am glad that she is better now..

well about the bag i gave you ...i got it from Thailand ...which is 5 years ago ! i had to check i might have some laying somewhere ...if i found them you can have it ...

i am glad that you went to just4ewe... i never been to their wednesday group meeting but i might one of these day...let me know when you are going ...

right now i am working on this one

http://img.inkfrog.com/pix/tesimons/S2018AngelLaceShawl.gif (http://cgi.ebay.com/FIBER-TRENDS-ANGEL-LACE-SHAWL-PATTERN-TO-KNIT_W0QQitemZ140178223696QQihZ004QQcategoryZ41239 QQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohosting)
it really nice to knit this pattern ...very easy to understand ... it had written and charting to follow...i like written better cos' i am trained that way ...hope you have a great day !

emmaknits
11-15-2007, 04:13 PM
Hello Kathleen!

Tomorrow I get to go home for Thanksgiving break, andI'm really lucky because I go to a private college, so we have a whole week for thanks giving!I am very happy about that!When I come back I will have 2 and a half weeks before finals...oh dear!!I hate studying, so that will be interesting!I've been doing pretty well in all my classes so far, and did better on my midterms than I expected!I'm also excited because I am working on a prayer shawl, and I am almost to the end of the first skein!:happydance: It is so exciting to watch a project grow!Even though I am only knitting, and not doing anything fancy, it is still a ton of fun.It's nice that you were able to fly down to help your daughter!I think my mom had her appenix out when I was very young too!

CindyLynn
11-20-2007, 12:35 PM
I live in Eau Claire, I wish I lived in Fish Creek. Anybody out there from Eau Claire? Cindy:knitting:

northernlights
11-30-2007, 01:07 PM
I'm from Hayward...further north than Eau Claire. Anyone else cheering for the Packers and a little bummed out about the loss to Dallas??

jhasek
12-11-2007, 10:58 PM
Hi! I'm from Milwaukee, originally from the Twin Cities and a medical student at the Medical College of Wisconsin. I just finished the Icarus Shawl from Interweave. It took me 6 months with school! Where do people buy yarn in Milwaukee? I was going to go to the Loop today because I was by Columbia St. Mary's Hospital but the weather was so poor I didn't want to venture a few extra blocks. How is the Yarn Shop in Elm Grove? I really miss my yarn shops from MN so help me find some nice ones here!

hellokitty165
12-12-2007, 09:35 AM
the yarn house in Elm Grove are really nice ....selection is nice and folks there are super nicee...do check them out...

there is www.just4ewe.org (http://www.just4ewe.org) at marketplace do check them out ...the owner Jan is very nice and friendly

mare-nitt
12-12-2007, 05:21 PM
Thank you for the information on the Elm Grove shop, I get down that way, so will have to check it out also.

dancejunky
12-27-2007, 09:20 PM
Hi,
Hello Kitty, I live in Milwaukee, not too far from Oak Creek. Where do you get your yarn? Have you been to the Loop?
Kathleen

I live in Shorewood.

hellokitty165
12-27-2007, 11:59 PM
Hi ...yes been to the loop ...

I bought my yarn at www.just4ewe.org (http://www.just4ewe.org) it on puetz at the market place ..the owner Jan very nice lady and she had lot of classes too...

i went to elm grove THE YARN HOUSE... those ladies there are super nice too ...other than that Joann and Michaels are my frequent place shopping for yarn/mags/books

PetYarn
01-09-2008, 11:43 AM
I am in Milwaukee, WI. I regularly make appearances at Ruhama's Yarn and Needlepoint (http://www.ruhamas.com/).

dancejunky
01-09-2008, 12:28 PM
Hi, PetYarn. I just discovered Ruhama's about 6 weeks ago. And then Loop about 2 weeks ago. Ruhama's is awesome. Not only great selection, but they're willing to help you figure out a pattern if you get stuck (as I did with my current project). Do people around here get together to knit at all?

hellokitty165
01-09-2008, 03:48 PM
Hi, PetYarn. I just discovered Ruhama's about 6 weeks ago. And then Loop about 2 weeks ago. Ruhama's is awesome. Not only great selection, but they're willing to help you figure out a pattern if you get stuck (as I did with my current project). Do people around here get together to knit at all?
www.just4ewe.org (http://www.just4ewe.org)... knitting store in marketplace... does...they meet on wednesday i think...loop have some meet-up too i believe

PetYarn
01-09-2008, 10:05 PM
I can't speak for Loop as I don't go over there (afraid of Riverwest), but I know that Ruhama's has open knitting on Wednesday afternoons. However, you can come in and knit at that front table whenever you feel like it, so I just come in on open afternoons and have a seat for a few hours. There's usually someone else there and I can get my fiber fix.:happydance:

PetYarn
01-09-2008, 10:07 PM
www.just4ewe.org (http://www.just4ewe.org) knitting store in marketplace

Do you know if it's possible to get in the general vicinity on the bus? I don't have a car.

bailsmom
01-10-2008, 12:41 AM
Ahhh, it's so nice to read about Wisconsin girls!! I miss it so much sometimes. We moved out east a few years ago. DH and I are from Racine. Don't ever leave the midwest to come out here, the people are horrible. IMHO that is....My parents and brother lives in Racine still, the other brother lives in Oak Creek and the other brother lives in Milwaukee.

And yes, I was so sad that the Packers lost against dallas. But remember, it wasn't really a fair game since Brett got injured and they were missing a few other key players. But that's life! Such a shame. :pout: But they have done awesome this year!! My brother called me a few weeks ago to ask me to get him some Sports Illustrated magazines cause Brett was on the cover! :teehee: I had to go to 3 bookstores to find them. I found 5! He was very happy. He said they were completely sold out there.

Okay, now none of this is about knitting so I'll throw a store in there, now I'm not sure she's still there as this info was from a year ago but her store is called Barbara's Yarn Garden. She's located in Racine right before you hit downtown. Like I said, I'm not sure she's still in business, but it's worth checking out!

Thanks for letting me peep in here and read your stories! Good luck to all of you!! :hug:

PetYarn
01-10-2008, 10:01 AM
If I had a car and I weren't afraid to go to Racine by myself, perhaps I'd wander in that general direction. C'est la vie. :blooby:

hellokitty165
01-10-2008, 11:29 AM
hmm...i only know bus
80 got to puterz and howell ave..then i don't know what bus go to marketplace....sorrie i cannot help you on this one

PetYarn
01-10-2008, 02:10 PM
Alright. I've looked it up and the following buses should take you close to the respective yarn shops.

Ruhama's
420 E Silver Spring Dr
Milwaukee, WI 53217
(414) 332-2660
Route: 15
From Downtown: Hop on at Water and Wisconsin
* Northbound: I usually get off right after the bus turns left from Marlborough onto Silver Spring--watch for Sendik's.
* Soutbound: The route from Bayshore Mall follows along Silver Spring. Keep heading east about half a mile or so--watch for Sendik's. If you've turned right onto Marlborough, you've gone too far.

Just 4 Ewe
8615 S Market PL, Oak Creek, WI
(414) 768-9276
Route: 48
From Downtown: Pick up the southbound (heading east) from virtually anywhere on Wisconsin Ave.
* Northbound: The bus will turn from Ryan Rd. onto S. Chicago Rd. and head north. Watch for E. Edison Rd. (to the east) or Marketplace (to the west).
* Southbound: Follow along S. Chicago Rd. and watch for E. Edison Rd. (to the east) or Marketplace (to the west).

Loop
2963 N Humboldt Blvd
Milwaukee, WI 53212
(414) 265-2312
Route: 10
From Downtown: Pick up the northbound (heading east) from virtually anywhere on Wisconsin Ave.
* Northbound & Southbound: The bus travels the length of Humboldt, so you'll inevitably go right past it.

Note: The 10 also goes up to Silver Spring, so you could hit Ruhama's and Loop with it.

KathleenG
01-10-2008, 02:49 PM
Hi,
I'm also in Milwaukee. Ruhama's is great, isn't it?? So is Yarn House!
I am taking a sock class at Loop. The second class meets tonight.
(2 out of 3) I don't know if people meet to knit, but I think that's a great idea! Would anyone else be interested?

KathleenG
01-10-2008, 02:57 PM
Hello Kitty- How have you been? I've been thinking about you and the wonderful work you do! I finally got to Just4Ewe. It's a nice place, and I really like Jan, the owner. I went to one of the Wednesday morning knitting sessions, too. Someone asked if people in this area get together to knit. That sounds like a good idea. What do you think?
Take care,
Kathleen

KathleenG
01-10-2008, 02:59 PM
Bailsmom-
Keep on comin' back! You're always welcome!

Kathleen (a New Yorker living in Wisconsin for the past 27 years)

hellokitty165
01-10-2008, 07:02 PM
Hi Kathleen,

where have you been ???? it had been so long since we see you here...how is life ?

I am glad that you think of me...me too thinking what had happen to you ...how come you din appear here for a while... i had been knitting up like a storm and i put up a blogspot yesterday...i hope i can keep it up todate...i m so busie...

this weekend i will ask DH to post all my work on my blog...http://hippielacy.blogspot.com

i will catch up with you gals later :out:

bailsmom
01-10-2008, 11:54 PM
Bailsmom-
Keep on comin' back! You're always welcome!

Kathleen (a New Yorker living in Wisconsin for the past 27 years)

Thanks!! :hug:

PetYarn
01-11-2008, 12:37 PM
It'd be fun to get together and knit as a group once in a while. Anyone have any suggestions as to where we might be able to meet? I don't have a car, so my easy access areas are the east side and downtown.

KathleenG
01-11-2008, 10:31 PM
In what part of town does everyone live? Petyarn, I'd be willing to pick you up, if you need a ride.

I was thinking of a conference room of one of the neighborhood libraries.? Any other ideas?

HelloKitty, I've been back and forth to Alabama, and then my daughter came uo with her husband and baby for Christmas. So those things have kept me busy. Very nice to hear from you!!! I know you are making beautiful creations! I'll be following your blog!

PetYarn
01-14-2008, 10:03 AM
What about the White Fish Bay library? I've never been in there, but it looks nice from the outside.

Another option would be some cafe somewhere. I have no suggestions for this, but at least we could be noisy without feeling guilty.

dancejunky
01-14-2008, 10:52 AM
I'm from "back east." I don't find the people there horrible at all. Maybe it depends on the attitude you bring with you when you move.

dancejunky
01-14-2008, 10:56 AM
What about the White Fish Bay library? I've never been in there, but it looks nice from the outside.

Another option would be some cafe somewhere. I have no suggestions for this, but at least we could be noisy without feeling guilty.

Schwartz's book shop on Oakland in Shorewood has a very nice cafe in the front. A lot of regulars come in there to play chess in the afternoons. Seems like a group of knitters would fit right in.

KathleenG
01-14-2008, 05:06 PM
Perhaps we could rotate? East side one time, south side another time? Then we could accomodate everyone at least SOMETIME?

dancejunky
01-14-2008, 05:20 PM
Perhaps we could rotate? East side one time, south side another time? Then we could accomodate everyone at least SOMETIME?

Sounds good to me. Are afternoons good? My schedule is pretty flexible.

KathleenG
01-14-2008, 11:36 PM
Afternoons are fine for me!

dancejunky
01-15-2008, 12:03 AM

Afternoons are fine for me!

OK, who would like to join me Wednesday at 3:00 at Schwartz's (4093 N. Oakland, 2 blocks north of Capitol)? For those without cars, the #15 bus runs along Oakland and seems to run every 15 min. If any of you would like to do this but prefer a different location or time, please post.

bailsmom
01-15-2008, 01:46 PM
I'm from "back east." I don't find the people there horrible at all. Maybe it depends on the attitude you bring with you when you move.

Forgive me, but was that a dig about my attitude?? If it was then that was quite inappropriate to write. If it wasn't then please explain yourself because I surely took that as a not nice comment.

dancejunky
01-15-2008, 01:58 PM
Forgive me, but was that a dig about my attitude?? If it was then that was quite inappropriate to write. If it wasn't then please explain yourself because I surely took that as a not nice comment.

It was a response to your comment that people back east are horrible, which I found quite offensive. Do you really think your comment was nice? Your sweeping generalization included me, since I'm from the east. If you're going to take pot shots at people, don't be surprised if they stand up for themselves.

bungalow10
02-26-2008, 02:32 PM
I live in Mazomanie, near Madison. Any knitters in my area?

I just took a class at Lakeside Fibers a couple weeks ago and fell in love with the place. We have a small art gallery and coffee shop in Mazomanie that I think is willing to host knitting/needlework groups on the weekends. I am hoping to find some people interested in attending.

erin

:knitting:

Koehnae
02-28-2008, 10:41 AM
Hello Wisconsin knitters. I'm in the Menasha area. My boyfriend and I bought a house here in the summer, but I have yet to explore the local yarn shops do to school and settling into our new home. I've been getting most of my yarn from online sources.

Tonya

Rubyjane
03-25-2008, 10:55 PM
Grams..I am down in Sturgeon Bay!!

Rubyjane
03-27-2008, 11:56 AM
If you go to the videos, look up PURL, you'll see a really nice video of how to purl.

annomalley
03-29-2008, 12:45 PM
Hello Wisconsin knitters. I'm in the Menasha area. My boyfriend and I bought a house here in the summer, but I have yet to explore the local yarn shops do to school and settling into our new home. I've been getting most of my yarn from online sources.

Tonya

Hey! I live in Neenah so we're sort of neighbors.

Not sure which LYS is closer to you, but I love Yarns by Design in Neenah. I've been to IRIS in Appleton, and they are also nice, but IRIS is a little more out of my way, so I don't go there as much.

There is a group that gets together every Tuesday in Appleton at the Copper Rock and also some other times and places around the Green Bay and Fox Valley area. Here's a link to their Yahoo group.
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/newiknittingcircle/

I've haven't been able to go for quite some time, due to time and schedule issues, but they are very nice people and I do miss going.

Rubyjane
04-02-2008, 08:35 PM
Grams...I am down in Sturgeon Bay. There is a knit group up by you; also open knit groups on Tuesdays and Thursday in SB...contact me for details.

maddygymnast
04-04-2008, 04:41 PM
I'm in Green Bay and I get alot of my yarn @ Monterey Yarn I love the people there they are so nice!:knitting: :knitting: Right now I'm making my own pattern to a purse!:woohoo: I'm really excited! I'm almost done!

maryschw
04-06-2008, 09:08 AM
:cheering: I live in Fish Creek, WI and am wondering if there are any knitters in my area?
I'm new to this site and what do I find at first log in but a Wisconsin group! Live in East Troy, WI so can't help you, Grams (although I think knitting in beautiful Fish Creek WI would be the ultimate "zen".) Am curious as to where you get your yarn up there.....all those shoppes, so little yarn.
My FYS in Milwaukee are: Ruhama's (the grandmother of all shops), Knitch (in Delevan), Artistic Fibers (in Burlington, owner is absolutely helpful).

Is there a Stitch and Bitch group in the Milwaukee Area? Anyone know?

Koehnae
05-13-2008, 06:42 PM
Hey! I live in Neenah so we're sort of neighbors.

Not sure which LYS is closer to you, but I love Yarns by Design in Neenah. I've been to IRIS in Appleton, and they are also nice, but IRIS is a little more out of my way, so I don't go there as much.

There is a group that gets together every Tuesday in Appleton at the Copper Rock and also some other times and places around the Green Bay and Fox Valley area. Here's a link to their Yahoo group.
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/newiknittingcircle/

I've haven't been able to go for quite some time, due to time and schedule issues, but they are very nice people and I do miss going.

Sorry it took me so long to respond. I must have totally missed the email notification when you responded!

My address is actually a Neenah one, but we're hanging out right on the edge... off of Winchester (II). So we're probably even closer than we realized!

I'll be checking out the stores you suggested as soon as I dip into my current stash a little more. I made a promise to myself to actually start using some of the hundreds of dollars of eye candy just sitting on a shelf looking pretty. :teehee: What a crazy idea, eh?

I've been considering getting involved in a local knitting group, but I always worry I'll be the "odd new girl" or the "young one" in the group. Thanks for the link to the knitting circle... it may be just the group for me when my class schedule lightens up. Who knows... we may someday meet IRL.

annomalley
05-13-2008, 07:56 PM
Sorry it took me so long to respond. I must have totally missed the email notification when you responded!

My address is actually a Neenah one, but we're hanging out right on the edge... off of Winchester (II). So we're probably even closer than we realized!

I'll be checking out the stores you suggested as soon as I dip into my current stash a little more. I made a promise to myself to actually start using some of the hundreds of dollars of eye candy just sitting on a shelf looking pretty. :teehee: What a crazy idea, eh?

I've been considering getting involved in a local knitting group, but I always worry I'll be the "odd new girl" or the "young one" in the group. Thanks for the link to the knitting circle... it may be just the group for me when my class schedule lightens up. Who knows... we may someday meet IRL.

Well, we're on the same side of Highway 41. :) The girls at the Tuesday knit night are really nice, so don't worry about feeling like the odd one out. And yes, you never know, we may just meet.