PDA

View Full Version : the pfb video glossory looks like she is knitting

Pat in Ca
10-28-2007, 01:33 PM
I am looking at the CLAPOTIS pattern, and I wanted to refresh my knowledge of PFB.. I referred to the knitting glossory onKH and watched it several times and to me , it looks like she is KNITTING front /back... am I crazy? I thought Purl would be.. purl one as usual, do not take off the needle purl same stitch in back.. am I thinking too hard?
Also, on the Clapotis pattern it says to slip one... when I went to the glossory in KNITTY it has this
sl 1--slip one stitch
sl 1 p---slip one as if to purl

I thought you were supposed to slip as if to purl unless otherwise directed.. maybe this is European directions??
I always get confused on the slip on "s.... they should tell you.. knitwise or purlwise each time... thanks for the help... I am realtively new and need help from you guys..
Thanks soooooooooo much

Ingrid
10-28-2007, 01:51 PM
You're right about the pfb video--I'll bring it to Amy's attention.

When you're slipping a stitch for a sl1, k1, psso, or for a ssk, then you slip as if to knit. Otherwise it's usually slip purlwise.

suzeeq
10-28-2007, 02:37 PM
On clapotis when I slipped the sts at the beginning of the rows, I slipped kwise on the knit row and pwise on the purl row. Because of the kfb/pfb increases at the ends of the row, this worked out just fine.

Pat in Ca
10-28-2007, 03:34 PM
Thanks you guys... what would I do without ya!!!
(I would get frustrated and quit knitting)
Pat

sheldon
10-28-2007, 04:54 PM
It appears this was linked wrong. We don't actually have a video for pfb, although Amy thinks she might have shot footage. It would probably be a good one to add at some point. But for the time being I have removed the video links. Thanks for bringing them to our attention. I am sure there are others!

Pat in Ca
10-28-2007, 10:23 PM
Thanks Sheldon...I figured something got mixed up with the new site... things look great..
Pat