PDA

View Full Version : My husband told me to buy more yarn.

happyshineypeople
10-28-2007, 03:43 PM
Seriously!

I need 1 more skein of Lion Jiffy yarn to finish DD's sweater, the store where I originally bought the yarn is sold out of the color I need and I can only find the color I want online.

So, I was griping to DH about how shipping prices were based on how much you spend, not the weight, yada yada ('cause it kills me to spend twice as much on shipping as I do on the actual yarn) and he said....

"Well maybe you should buy more yarn to make it worthwhile." :)

And THEN he said, "You need to have plenty of yarn in your stash. I understand that." (I'm NOT making this up!!!) :passedout:

Just had to share. My husband rocks! :yay:

The.Knitter
10-28-2007, 03:50 PM
OMG, where did you get him? Does he have a brother?

I should not say that. Last month my hubby bought me the Denise Interchangables and yesterday he took me to Mary Maxim and got me a medium sized tote bag. My husband rocks too!

I just had to ask in case anyone else here wants to know if he has a brother who is single. Hahaha....

mdog182
10-28-2007, 04:01 PM
hahaha! hooray for cooperative husbands/boyfriends/wives/girlfriends/partners!

knitgal
10-28-2007, 04:39 PM
The only thing that would have made that better would be if he handed you his credit card and said "oh, and use this, don't worry about the prices either."

wends
10-28-2007, 05:10 PM
Wow!! Now that is awesome lol. I need to find me one of those soon.

Indygirl
10-28-2007, 05:33 PM
A man after my :heart: I say shop tell you drop LOL.:woohoo:

KnitClickChick
10-28-2007, 06:40 PM
:woot: You must be jumping for joy!! Go stock up, girl!!:woot:

PurlyGyrl
10-29-2007, 08:20 AM
He's a keeper! :thumbsup:

msoebel
10-29-2007, 11:52 AM
Seriously!

I need 1 more skein of Lion Jiffy yarn to finish DD's sweater, the store where I originally bought the yarn is sold out of the color I need and I can only find the color I want online.

So, I was griping to DH about how shipping prices were based on how much you spend, not the weight, yada yada ('cause it kills me to spend twice as much on shipping as I do on the actual yarn) and he said....

"Well maybe you should buy more yarn to make it worthwhile." :)

And THEN he said, "You need to have plenty of yarn in your stash. I understand that." (I'm NOT making this up!!!) :passedout:

Just had to share. My husband rocks! :yay:

WOW! If my (amazing, gorgeous, brilliant - just in case he reads this:wink: ) hubby were to say those words...

:hot: He'd be getting so lucky!

:aww:

Jan in CA
10-29-2007, 12:21 PM
:thumbsup: Awesome!

Annasta111
10-29-2007, 01:57 PM
Ok can I get your husband to talk to my husband??? I am on such a strict yarn budget it squeaks!!!!! AND have not been able to get any for almost 2 months, I am dying here I tell ya..... You are such a lucky girl!!!!

monzogary
10-29-2007, 03:08 PM
Wow! I wish mine would do that. Although, I just go buy without him anyway lol! ;)