PDA

View Full Version : Necessity is the mother of invention

knitpurlgurl
10-28-2007, 05:49 PM
:woot: Okay, so I posted that I was having shoulder pain while knitting and someone suggested I rest my hands on a pillow. Then, I decided to drag out my 2 yr old's Boppy (from when she was an infant). It works perfectly for elevating your arms and keep your project on your lap. My DD's Boppy is in a cloud motiff, so I think I may cover it with some other material. I was going to give it away to GoodWill Industries, but now I have a use for it!

suzeeq
10-28-2007, 09:20 PM
Yes, whatever works!

marykz
10-29-2007, 11:17 AM
great idea! ( betcha could knit yourself a new cover....)

candicane
10-29-2007, 11:30 AM
Great idea. I'm working on a super chunky knit and it is getting pretty heavy. Off to dig out the boppy! Which by the way as a nursing pillow sucked.

candice

msoebel
10-29-2007, 11:45 AM
DANG IT! I just gave her boppy away this summer. I only used the darn thing once...and hated it. I kept it for almost 4 years...and just gave the thing away when I discover there is actually a USEFUL purpose for it?

Oh!:hair:

Misty:)

knitpurlgurl
10-29-2007, 12:48 PM
I too HATED this when my daughter used it and stashed it away almost immediately. You can buy these used on ebay. You can even buy new covers for them. Wouldn't it be great to sew up a cover with hanging pockets for needles and notions?

Abbily
10-29-2007, 01:02 PM
What a great idea! I actually loved my boppy as a nursing pillow, in fact I still have 2 of them lying around my house. What a great new use for them! :)