PDA

View Full Version : My So Called Scarf Question

KnitClickChick
10-28-2007, 05:50 PM
I am making this with Lion Wool, on size 8 needles. I have about 30 rows completed, and have noticed that the bottom seems to be flaring out, it seems the further I go, the narrower it gets. I'm sure this can be corrected when I block, but I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem. Did blocking help?

suzeeq
10-28-2007, 09:19 PM
First check that you still have 30 sts, it's easy to lose a couple along the way. The other thing I've noticed about this pattern is that it shrinks up widthwise a little as you go along. I'm doing a baby blanket in this pattern, hopefully I've got enough stitches...

aslangirl
10-31-2007, 12:58 PM
I've noticed the same thing with mine--I thought I had just started knitting more tightly. I was hoping blocking would work, as well.

mari_13
11-01-2007, 12:48 PM
Yes, I did have this problem. I scaled down the cast on to make a Pidge (so 2 ft long). I was using Alpaca and once blocked, it looks fine.

knitncook
11-01-2007, 12:54 PM
Yes block it. The directions for the pidge that I'm using says to cast off by doing K2tog, Ktog, Pass over first k2st over second and continue (basically cast off normally, but by knitting two together each time.) This will keep it from flaring at the end. I've done this with other patterns as well, very hand cast off for scarves.