PDA

View Full Version : Just Wanna Say "Thanks!"

knitpurlgurl
10-28-2007, 06:53 PM
I started knitting a little over a year ago in order to teach my Asperger's Syndrome (mild form of autism) DS (12 y.o.) how to knit. I am in my very early 30's and my family and my friends think I am absolutely addicted as well as nuts! (They all make fun of me for doing something they consider only grandmas to do.) As I've posted before, I haven't ventured outside the rectangle.. YET - but knitting has become a passion, an addiction, and as another member said, a therapy session.

My son LOVES to knit and it calms him down when he's feeling particularly anxious. I'm so happy I learned to knit with him.

I have to say thanks because this website is the best website I've ever come across. This is such a wonderful community of really helpful, talented, and terrific people! The videos have given me the confidence to keep on trying since I only get together with other knitters once a month due to my grueling schedule. And if my son is having a bad day, knitting group gets skipped. (This happens alot!)

Anyway.. thanks for the great website! And thanks to everyone who finds time to contribute and answer everyone's questions. :notworthy:

jennylozano
10-28-2007, 07:18 PM
I think it is just wonderful that you can knit with your son cloud9 I bet knitting make you guys closer, sharing something you both love :heart:

Sandi
10-29-2007, 12:49 AM
I taught my son to knit when he was about 12. He said that he had always watched me and wanted to learn.
Although now he is 17 and I'm sure none of his friends knows that he can knit. Except the ones (mostly girls) that he has made scarves and slippers for.

:knitting: