PDA

View Full Version : *cry* no knitting for a few days

willowangel
10-29-2007, 06:41 PM
What on earth am I going to do? No knitting, crochet, DS, holding book to read, have to lie down instead of sitting up, I shouldn't even be on the puter... I have a massive muscle spasm in my shoulder/collarbone/neck/jaw and can barely move, sleep or grip anything, so have to be incredibly inactive for a couple of days to give it time to settle. I'm going to be so bored!

And I have a thing Wednesday to read Tarot cards for Halloween at one of the local pubs, but at least I don't have to shuffle the cards, and they might mistake being drugged up on painkillers for an otherworldly mysticism ;-)

Fi xxx

Jan in CA
10-30-2007, 01:19 AM
:hug:

knovice
10-30-2007, 03:30 AM
You poor thing! :-(

Maybe you can do a lot of reading about knitting for the next few days. I recommend the Knit Lit books!

GiddyKnitter
10-30-2007, 04:08 AM
Hi Willowangel
I do hope you get better soon ... I can,t think of anything worse than not being able to knit or read ... you poor thing xxx

iwouldratherbeknitting
10-30-2007, 04:43 AM
Tell me about it.. I have a tendon injury in my left thumb.. and I've not knitting for a little over 3 weeks and the doctor has already threatened me w/ giving me a shot of CORTIZONE in the thumb joint..

I mean.. the needle is going to come through to the other side.. much less how much THAT WILL PROBABLY HURT.
So, it's been no knitting for me.. and I live alone.. no one to help open jars/etc.. sigh.. AND, I'm an art teacher.. w/ an injured hand. double bah..

It will get better- I promise.

You'll get well soon- do what the doctor says to do- so, you'll get better.

marykz
10-30-2007, 09:13 AM
oh willow- hang in there- flares are just such a pain in the *ss. rest, pamper yourself, use heating pads to help the muscles relax..... hope you are feeling better soon-

dustinac
10-30-2007, 09:24 AM
:hug:

monzogary
10-30-2007, 09:27 AM
Take it easy and feel better! :hug:

bip
10-30-2007, 09:34 AM
Ack! No!

You know what they should have? Something like those programs where people read the newspaper to blind people, except for knitters who can't use their hands. They could say "knit, knit, purl, yo, ooo this looks nice. Oops, almost dropped that one." You know, narrarate what they are doing while you watch them.

Can you listen to a knitting podcast? I haven't tried any yet, but people here seem to love them.

But most of all, DON'T TRY TO KNIT. Don't trade a little knitting now for a lot of pain later (and possibly no knitting for a long time!!!) Just be as patient as you possibly can. You will enjoy knitting twice as much once you are cleared for take-off again :)

PurlyGyrl
10-30-2007, 03:48 PM
:hug: for your shoulder and neck and jaw and anything else that's being a "pain".

:tap: And remember, no knitting. :fingerwag:

:hug: I hope that wasn't too harsh :hug:

Knitting_Guy
10-30-2007, 03:57 PM
Bummer.

Hope you're feeling better soon.

willowangel
11-01-2007, 06:49 AM
Thanks so much to everyone for your kindness - I'm allowed back on the computer now (it's my mouse arm, so the clicking hurt) and I'm going stir crazy. Luckily, my osteopath is an angel, so she stayed behind last night for an emergency appointment for me and I can move my neck a lot more now, and a lot of the pain is gone. But it's still twitchy, and I'm not allowed to knit yet *cry*

I am listening to what you guys say though - knitting now would put me back a lot further than just waiting a couple of days would. I've been catching up on House, mainly ;-)

Thanks again,
Fi xxx