PDA

View Full Version : Frugal tip...purse handles/straps

Lisa R.
10-29-2007, 06:55 PM
I wanted to knit the Bramble Bag (http://www.berroco.com/exclusives/bramble_bag/bramble_bag.html) by Berocco, but didn't want to pay the $30+ for the handles that they recommend. I looked at JoAnn the other day, but they didn't have anything comparable.

So, I was at Wal-mart today,and lo and behold, there was a huge bin of clearance purses! So I bought a bag with appropriate straps (and I already have a dowel that will work) for $5!!

Just thought I'd share in case anybody else is knitting a bag that calls for non-knitted handles and wanted to try something frugal. :)

boo1
10-29-2007, 09:01 PM
I would never have thought to check there or similar places. Great tip! :cheering:

stirsmommy
10-29-2007, 09:42 PM
I had just knit up the damask bag from berocco only to then look at the price of the handles. Ouch! It was way more than what we wanted to spend for sil's Christmas gift. Now at least I have an idea. Way to be inventive
:thumbsup:

lelvsdgs
10-29-2007, 11:22 PM
Great tip! I've been wanting to do the same bag and had the same reservations. I'll be haunting the clearance section from now on. :notworthy:

knovice
10-30-2007, 03:31 AM
I bet garage sales and the Goodwill would be another great source of handles. Thanks for the tip!