PDA

View Full Version : Option needles

Tamar Dohel
10-30-2007, 07:52 AM
I'm considering buying them and was wandering how much is the shipping and tax?

Thanks

AngMac
10-30-2007, 08:24 AM
It depends on where you live. KP won't ship Internationally. Orders over $45 get free shipping in the US and only Washington and Ohio states get charged a tax. I think that they will ship to Canada but KP does charge duty and shipping fees but I am not sure what those are.

fargo_knitting
10-30-2007, 08:28 AM
I guess I don't know how much the tax is, but SHIPPING is FREE!! As long as any order from knit picks is over $45, shipping is free.

The other awesome thing about knit picks is that they don't overcharge for shipping if you don't reach the $45 mark. The one or two times that I haven't gotten free shipping, it was less than $5 each time. :woohoo:

I love them!:muah:

OOPS! I didn't notice that you are in Israel. Call or email customer service, I am sure they will help.l

brendajos
10-30-2007, 08:28 AM
Not sure how much it would cost to ship to you. According to their website they don't ship outside the US and Canada but i "think" i have heard that there are resources outside the US that have the KPOs available. I don't know where though.
Shipping INSIDE the US though, they do qualify for the free shipping. I generally figure about 7% for taxes though I haven't paid attention to what they actually charge, if anything.

Sorry I can't be of more help.

betty bat
10-30-2007, 12:50 PM
You can go through the process of selecting your item and checking out without completing the sale. That way, your shipping and tax will be calculated so that you can see it BEFORE you make your decision!

Aren't computers wonderful?

Jeremy
10-30-2007, 01:01 PM
Nat had me order for her and I shipped them to Jerusalem. I don't know how much the shipping would have been for just the options because she had a bigger order. I don't remember there being any tax. I would be happy to do the same for you.

rissa
10-30-2007, 01:06 PM
Nat had me order for her and I shipped them to Jerusalem. I don't know how much the shipping would have been for just the options because she had a bigger order. I don't remember there being any tax. I would be happy to do the same for you.
How awesome is that?? You and Amy are quite possibly THE BEST! What a nice offer.

Jan in CA
10-30-2007, 01:30 PM
Knitpicks DOES have overseas distributers now so check them out.
http://www.knitpicks.com/help/index.php/cat/international-distributors/

KnittingNat
10-30-2007, 01:49 PM
The only overseas distributor that has reasonable price and ships worldwide is getknitted.com. If you take out the VAT (which we don't pay, 'cause we're not in EU) it's about the same price as in the US. I still think the best solution is the one Jeremy offered. He was such a great help for me to get my order!

Tamar, if you're going to US soon, then you can order from KnitPicks to a US address and get it there. When Jeremy sent me the packages, i didn't pay any tax. And yes, the Options definitely worth the trouble of getting them. They are great!

Tamar Dohel
11-03-2007, 05:37 AM
Thanks everyone for your reply!!!

I was thinking of having them sent to Syracuse, NY and picking them up mysefl next summer.

It's not a heavy case, right? And it will go through security at the airport.

I just need to check out a few little things first and then I'll probably order them.

Tamar

KnittingNat
11-03-2007, 04:18 PM
It's not a heavy case and you can put it in your luggage, but you can't take it with you to knit on the plane. I would also suggest buying extra cables, the long ones, if you plan on doing big projects, like blankets or afghans. To tell you the truth - i would also buy some yarn, since the prices vs. quality are great and they also have lots of books at very competitive prices.