PDA

View Full Version : 12 dozen Cupcakes!

speattle
10-30-2007, 02:15 PM
Tomorrow is Son's 16th birthday. It is also the football team weekly pre-game dinner night. and it is also Halloween.
I am helping serve at team dinner tomorrow after practice and being that it is his birthday I am making cupcakes for the guys. There are about 50 guys on the team, but these are football playing teenage boys. I think that they can easily consume 2 or 3 cupcakes each.
Dozens and dozens of cupcakes. I am able to bake 24 at a time, so it shouldn't take all day, but still is going to be a busy day in the kitchen.
I'm almost half way finished. I cheated and bought box mixes (on sale for a dollar each! and canned icing).

kbagel
10-30-2007, 02:17 PM
I would cheat too. I often do as a matter of fact...i buy mixes and make home made frosting. For this though, I would buy canned as well. You could always add sprinkles in school colors.

stitchwitch
10-30-2007, 02:18 PM
I have the mental image but where are you going to put them all? I have a big kitchen but not nearly enough counter space for 144 cupcakes. :thud:

speattle
10-30-2007, 02:34 PM
While I was at the store I went to the bakery section and purchased from them 3 huge sheet cake containers ($2.00 each) and can fit 40 cupcakes in each one! They have a hard plastic dome lid to protect the cakes.

The containers will just sit on the dining table till tomorrow. I will frost them tomorrow during the day.

I should have thought of school color sprinkle! I just got multi colored. I am going to buy some little football candies and put them on top too.

PurlyGyrl
10-30-2007, 03:40 PM
:shock:Gosh, that's a lot of cupcakes. But your son will always remember the special effort you put into commerating his 16th birthday.
And if he doesn't, :poke: him.

:teehee:

sinistral_needler
10-30-2007, 05:29 PM
I bet if you use a cake decorating tool (you know, where you squeeze the frosting out of the tubey-thingy), frosting all of those cup cakes would go a lot faster. Or if you have a Pampered Chef pumper-outer thingy that is used for filling devilled eggs.

I hope you can visualize what I mean, since I used such advanced terminology!!!