PDA

View Full Version : I DID IT! Went to the Dentist! oh boy oh boy oh boy

VictoiseC
10-30-2007, 03:22 PM
HAPPY HAPPY :blooby: OH MY GOD. I sweated out the 2 week wait, swore to my DH I was not going, he dragged me there and we had this mock scuffle on the street where I was like a cat digging it's heels in and wouldn't enter the dentist's building. (we laughed a lot)

It was unpleasant sort of but hardly ANY PAIN!!!!! And I feel like a MILLION BUCKS. I feel like I'm young again. I look sooooooo much better, just with the temporaries. Had the 2 upper front teeth done. Oh my, I'm so stubborn, how could I wait 7 years to do this? I can smile again!
I LOOK BEAUTIFUL ! Who said I would be happy afterwards?
:thumbsup: you were so right

PurlyGyrl
10-30-2007, 03:36 PM
:thumbsup: I'm proud of you for conquering that fear! :hug:
Now, when do we get to see a photo of the new happy SMILE :mrgreen:

iza
10-30-2007, 03:55 PM
Good for you! :cheering:

:poke:can we see a pikshure??? :teehee:

stitchwitch
10-30-2007, 04:53 PM
Way to go! :cheering:

yarnfreak
10-30-2007, 08:31 PM
Woo Hoo!!! Do your cheeks hurt from smiling yet? lol

jodstr2
10-30-2007, 08:58 PM
:woohoo: :cheering: :heart:

:hug: good for you! :hug:

Ingrid
10-30-2007, 09:02 PM
:balloons:The new you!

robynbird
10-31-2007, 07:13 AM
:woohoo::cheering: Good for you!!

VictoiseC
10-31-2007, 10:36 AM
THANKS YOU SWEETIES! SUCH NICE WORDS!

A picture hmmmmm? have to work on that. ha ha

yup my cheeks are hurting!! good to conquer fears isn't it? that's two in one year... my not flying for years and then I did in June.

HAPPY HALLOWEEEEEEEEN!!!:heart::heart::heart::blooby:

Jan in CA
10-31-2007, 01:14 PM
I'm so proud of you, Victoise! :hug::hug::hug:

ecb
11-03-2007, 05:36 PM
good to conquer fears isn't it? that's two in one year... my not flying for years and then I did in June!!!:heart::heart::heart::blooby:
I am SO proud of you!!!!!

I wish I could get over my fear of Flying, I took 2 weeks worth of Prozac to get me on a plane to see my father before he died 5 years ago, before that was 1994. I am SO incredibly proud of you, we share something in common, so I believe you understand

ecb

mrs.hre
11-03-2007, 09:39 PM
i gotta have alot of work done to my teeth. lots of money going to dig out my gums ouch
:biting:

ChroniclesofYarnia
11-04-2007, 10:46 PM
I've always had horrible dental experiences, until recently. The doc gives free nitric oxide and does a fantastic job. I am even looking forward to my next root canal (or 3...oy) that I have scheduled. (Harry Potter books on my mp3 player + nitric = a very cool afternoon)

Glad that you took care of it! It just gets more and more expensive when you don't.

VictoiseC
11-06-2007, 06:42 PM
Thanks so much ecb!!!! :heart: It's great to hear that word, proud!
Sorry about your dad. My mum died in 1999 and I flew out to Arizona alone... the return trip was just amazing. I really pushed myself to get on that plane, I prepared myself for Death! ha right up til take off, just said lots of prayers and kind of laughed at myself too. Then I bought a diary, and wrote from the second I got on the plane coming home, wrote continuously through takeoff and for almost an hour. It was interesting. It helped a lot.

Mrs. hre, well, my husband went through that last year. He had to have so much gum work done, and lost some of his gums too. He's ok now, he uses peroxide everyday to keep them in good shape. Good luck with that, best to get it done asap.

Thanks C of Yarnia! (what a name) Yeah I was surprised about the lack of pain. The only difficult part was the something or other, form wouldn't set and I had to keep my jaws clenched for about 15 minutes and I started getting panicky about breathing. Don't go if you have a cold! Looking forward to having root canals, you are funny.