PDA

View Full Version : Knitpicks order question

knitncook
10-31-2007, 10:49 AM
I placed an order the other day for some yarn and needles with Knitpicks. I ordered the Harmony cable needles since I'm always misplacing (usually behind my ear) my Brittany birch ones. When I went to check on my order today it said that they cable needles were not available and had been moved to my "save for later" list and they would notify me when they were available. Does this mean that I am going to have to place *another* order to get them and that they aren't going to send them to me directly when they are available even though that is what I want? And in order to get them I'm going to have to pay shipping on them? Has anyone had this experience with KP before? I've never had a company do this before on back ordered items. I've always had the back ordered items sent to me directly.

nefferbea
10-31-2007, 02:10 PM
I don't know, but give them a call and ask. From what everyone here has said, it sounds like they have a great customer service department. I just got my harmony cable needles yesterday. I can't wait to try them out.

Jennifer

AngMac
10-31-2007, 02:17 PM
Definitely give them a call. They should be able to put you on the wait list for them and then send them when the Harmony's become available. They did that for me when I placed my order for the Harmony Sock Needles Set.

knitncook
10-31-2007, 02:23 PM
Thanks both of you. I'll check with them. I just have never been told by a company that they wouldn't automatically send something that was backordered, but told to place an order later on. I also never recieved a confirmation of the order or shipment this time either.

Mulderknitter
10-31-2007, 02:29 PM
I third the advice. They have a great customer service dept. good luck!:muah:

knitncook
10-31-2007, 02:32 PM
Replying to myself (how silly) I just called and talked to them and they said that normally they will ship back ordered products but with the harmony sets they are SO backordered that they can't keep up, so they are e-mailing people when they are available to try to keep up easier. She said when they came available if I still wanted them (as if I wouldn't) that they would ship them to me for free unless I placed another order (which could always happen ya know!) :)

GiddyKnitter
10-31-2007, 03:49 PM
My friend in Kansas tried ordering the cable needles for me and was told to try again in a couple of weeks. She is actually on holiday now here in England for a holiday so I am in for a bit of a wait for mine!