PDA

View Full Version : Yarn Harlot as therapy

Lady Violet
10-31-2007, 01:26 PM
i just love reading her books. the very first time i took one home, i realized how much i needed it. it's like she's in your head. there's nothing like reading thoughts/obsessions about knitting from a fellow obsesser.

today should be payday. i say should be because for some reason my direct deposit hasn't gone through and i can't access my info. :hair: i kind of feel like my life is on hold. not good when i had today set aside to go get all my christmas yarn. i just pulled up stephanie's blog for the first time in over a month. she already has me laughing out loud about the Furnace Wars. :teehee:

what are your stories about the Yarn Harlot? what do you love most about her books/blog?

personally, it's great to know there's someone else out there like me. i'm not alone. i BELONG. cloud9

Jan in CA
10-31-2007, 01:34 PM
My favorite book is Knitting Rules, least favorite is her new one Cast Off. She is hilarious, I love how she writes with such honesty about the silly things we go through. ;)

zebstriped
11-02-2007, 11:18 AM
I've read two of her books, and some of her stories I feel I could have written. Definitely enjoyable, and very quick reads (although reading her books keeps me from knitting!).

knitgal
11-02-2007, 01:42 PM
I love how "real" she is. I also love that she lives in Toronto, since that's where I grew up and she mentions a lot of Canadian things that I can relate to. I just love how funny she is and how down to earth her writing is.

Eekee
11-02-2007, 03:27 PM
It's just nice to kow that there are others like me out there. I got addicted to knitting in a hurry, and only know a few other people who knit IRL. Stephanie's books are funny and relatable. And she's incredibly nice in person too!

feministmama
11-02-2007, 05:25 PM
When she came to speak in Portland it was one of the best crowds I had eve been in. Dare I say better than the Pixies? No that may be overstating things. BUt she is awesom. Ditto what everyone else said.