PDA

View Full Version : I'm..finally....IN!!!!!

knitgal
10-31-2007, 05:48 PM
I can't believe it, but I finally got my invite to Ravelry. I actually wasn't the first one to know either. I was in class and I received an email from my aunt telling me that I was in. It turns out my invite went to my junk e-mail! I checked Ravelry this morning and there were 35 people in front of me, so I knew it wouldn't be long....
If anyone wants to be my friend, I'm CanadianKnitgal over there!

Lady Violet
10-31-2007, 09:48 PM
added ya! :cheering: :hug:
i just LOVE knitting friends. cloud9

redmom37
11-01-2007, 12:02 AM
I'll add you too!.

emmaknits
11-01-2007, 12:28 AM
what is ravelry?i've seen it on a lot of posts,and dont really get it!

thalia326
11-01-2007, 03:51 AM
Oh, emma...Ravelry is the best (aside from KH, of course)! It allows you to input your stash - color, dye lots, number of skeins - track your projects and progress (or lack thereof in my case with some of them), organize patterns that you're working on, keep track of what and how many needles you have and even print off a little card of them to take with you to your LYS so you don't have to stand there wondering "do I have a size 10 1/2 circular in 16" or was it 32"?, and much MUCH more!

I just got my invite yesterday and spent the majority of last night entering my stash (still nowhere near being done) and just navigating the site. It's easy to get lost for hours but it's so worth it to have everything organized and in one place for a change.

If you want to sign up, go to www.ravelry.com and request to be put on the wait list. It took me about 4 weeks to get my invite which wasn't so long considering how long I've been living my yarn life in a chaotic state.

thalia326
11-01-2007, 04:11 AM
I added you knitgal!

Secksiebrat
11-01-2007, 10:29 AM
I got in yesterday too. I haven't had much time to play or explore yet, but I'll get there :)

I'm secksiebrat there!

~danielle~

MellieThePooh
11-01-2007, 12:32 PM
I'm in as of this morning, too! I signed up less than a month ago, so they must be goin' lightning quick now!

kkatt82
11-01-2007, 03:18 PM
I added you too! Be careful, it's VERY addicting. It's SO much harder to pull myself away from my laptop now :)

Norman
11-01-2007, 05:17 PM
I got in a couple of weeks ago too.. I'm dreading inputing my stash.. I gots lots.. I did add one of the projects I'm working on .. :D

Added you.. I'm, of course, Norman over there.. I need to start getting active here agian :D