PDA

View Full Version : Interweave's Tilted Duster KAL

itsjustmeghan
11-01-2007, 12:43 PM
Hey all,
I find knit a longs are the best way to keep me moving on a sweater. Seeing other people working on their project spurs me forward on mine! SO, I'm starting a Tilted Duster from Interweave Knits (http://www.interweaveknits.com/galleries/bonus/fall2007/gaughan.asp) and wanted to see if anyone wanted to join me on this quest.
I got 3 balls of Berroco Peruvia in Chipotle from Threesmom in our secret theme swap, I just got my order for the rest of the skeins needed, I've swatched, cast on and started working the back of the sweater. I don't know about you, but things have been extremely crazy and stressful here, and I need a good knit project to help get me through it all!

:thumbsup: So please, JOIN ME! You know you want to! :woot: :muah:

Brandy_m
11-01-2007, 01:05 PM
Hi!

I've been working on one all month (October, that is) I am on the 7th repeat in the skirt. Its frustrating me since I think its taking too long LOL!

I can't wait to get it done and wear it!!!

Jackie Lim
11-01-2007, 09:03 PM
Oh, is beautiful.
Looking forward to see yours too. Keep on knitting..Bravo !

itsjustmeghan
11-04-2007, 10:11 AM
so i got to the arm holes and i had to stop on the back piece..
this is the first time i've ever knit a sweater that involves seaming. (i always did top downs)
anyway, I am knitting the back piece of this sweater, and i've just finished putting in the decreases for the arm holes. it now says to knit until the arm holes measure 8.5 inches.....

uhh...
so do i
A-measure them on the diagonal from where i started the decreases to the top of where i'm knitting now?
B-measure them on the diagonal from where i finished the decreases to the top of where i'm knitting now?
C- measure with a tape measure along the curve of the arm hole from where i started the decreases to the top of where i'm knitting more?

i know that this measurement is somewhat important because it'll mean either a nice fitting sweater or something too tight or too baggy.

thanks a bundle for your help!!!!

(i posted this over in the how to section too...i just thought i'd ask people who are working on this project to)

suzeeq
11-04-2007, 01:25 PM
Measure straight up from the row you did the first BO on.

Mommy22alyns
11-04-2007, 08:36 PM
Oh yay! I was thinking of starting one myself! :cheering: I'm actually nearly done with mine, I just need to finish one sleeve, find some frickin' buttons, and weave in the ends! :woohoo:

Arm holes... If I remember correctly they told you to leave a stitch marker before you started the decreases? Put the tape measure there and measure straight up, not on a diagonal or curve.

I can't wait to see everyone's!

Brandy_m
11-04-2007, 09:48 PM
mine is done and blocking! All I have to do is sew the sleeves in and weave in the frickin ends ;)

Mommy22alyns
11-05-2007, 01:25 PM
mine is done and blocking! All I have to do is sew the sleeves in and weave in the frickin ends ;)

Where did you find your buttons?
Did you do the same color as the pattern showed?

Brandy_m
11-05-2007, 02:58 PM
no..I did a heathery gray. I found pretty vintage looking buttons at Jo-Anns.

itsjustmeghan
11-05-2007, 06:20 PM
Pictures? Pictures?:poke:

I just finished knitting up the back. i have to wind my next ball before i can start the front sections. i'm eager to get done with all of these little pieces and assemble all of them and knit the skirt.

did you knit the sleeves at the same time? i think i'm going to. not too excited about wrestling 2 balls of yarn though...but i'm sure it'll be fine!

Brandy_m
11-05-2007, 11:30 PM
I'm DONE!!! I did not knit the sleeves at the same time. A bit of a warning, my sleeves are too long (but I can cuff them) and too big around. I needed the 36" for the bust, but probably that made the sleeves too wide at the top.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v40/scrappinbran/sweater.jpg

itsjustmeghan
11-06-2007, 09:15 AM
weird, i was going to post that i couldn't see hte picture, but in the reply screen i can.
WAHOO!!!! :woohoo:
very nice! i'm so impressed! how long did it take you to knit it?
it doesn't look like the sleeves are too big to me. just think if you wear a long sleeved shirt under there, it'll be perfect!

now i really need to get going....
back done....now i need to ball yarn and work on the front!

Mommy22alyns
11-06-2007, 01:39 PM
Brandy, I love your sweater! The sleeves look great cuffed - I would never have thought of that myself.

Brandy_m
11-06-2007, 01:47 PM
It took just under a month. I started on 10/8 and finished yesterday. :)

itsjustmeghan
11-11-2007, 02:33 PM
Finished the front two pieces, and i've cast the sleeves on. I'm knitting both of them at the same time. then i have to do the dreaded part......seaming!!! :zombie: :noway: :gah: :help:
yes.....i'm worried about that step.