PDA

View Full Version : I think my KH title is effecting me

knitncook
11-01-2007, 04:02 PM
I've been working on this same pair of socks for 3 weeks now. I've turned the heel, but for some reason I just can't seem to sit down and knit the foot. I think my brain is waiting for me to get past "Turning the Heel" on KH so that I can continue with the sock. I sure hope it isn't waiting for me to start the second sock on here to begin the second one. I'd be done for then! :roflhard:

knitgal
11-01-2007, 04:39 PM
That's a great excuse for not finishing my socks! My KH status won't let me....sorry!

redheadrachel
11-01-2007, 05:08 PM
Am I the only one who's never had second sock syndrome?
I'm glad to get the first one done, because I can still knit a whole other sock :D

Jan in CA
11-01-2007, 05:14 PM
I've only done a few pairs for charity and am working on one pair for me now. What I did was put the first one on waste yarn and started the second one so it made it easier since I'd already started. We'll see how that goes, but so far no SSS for me either. :teehee:

Just DO it! :thumbsup:

gargoylelib
11-02-2007, 02:35 AM
Hehe...I felt this same way last night because I added a new
signature and felt like it totally jinxed me. I spent my knitting time
last night knitting for a bit then tinking for a bit...of course the fact
that I was watching a movie and chatting with dh at the same time
as doing a cable pattern had absolutely nothing to do with it!!

Libbie :)

Songbirdy
11-02-2007, 10:22 AM
I don't have SSockS either... I think because I keep reminding myself firmly that when I have finished 1 sock I am only 1/2 way finished.

I don't celebrate that I am finished one, unless it is the socks for my Giraffe husband... but one sock is worth 3 pairs of children's socks when it comes to him!

I don't remember my title here... but... hope you get over the hump! :) ;)

cindycactus
11-02-2007, 11:23 AM
Quickly post 20 more messages and then you can move on!:roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:

GiddyKnitter
11-02-2007, 11:44 AM
Hi redheadrachel
I got the "Second Sock Syndrome" with my first pair...I was so pleased with myself for actually knitting a whole sock which in fact took me about a month to complete that the thought of going through all that just put me right off. Thankfully I got over the fear of the "Second Sock" and have since knitted about 25 pairs..Now as soon as I finish the first sock I cast on the second. x

Plantgoddess+
11-02-2007, 02:58 PM
I have to agree with Pauline, the more pair you knit the easier it seems to be to get that 2nd sock out of the way. Maybe because the whole process becomes faster as you get comfortable with the process. I'm turning the heel on 2nd sock and hope to have it done this weekend as I'm also working on a knitted afghan.

knitncook
11-03-2007, 09:45 PM
Thanks everyone. I know I'll get to it eventually. I just found it funny. I've actually not finished 2 pair. ONe was my very first sock and it was WAY too big for me. It was a pretty intricate patterng too. I ended up not doing the next sock, but it works for me because it is my "sleeping sock" I can't sleep if both socks are covered, so I have this great excuse why I didn't have to finish the second sock. The other one my cat killed the yarn right after I finished the first sock. They were supposed to be for my son. But of course it was hand dyed yarn and no way I could match it with anything. He wears it all the time with a mismatched sock and calls it his "Dobby collection." (Does 1 mismatched sock make a collection?) I actually tend to knit the second sock faster than the first because I then really want to wear my socks. Although I'm determined that the next socks I cast on are going to be 2 on 2 circs.

Lieke
11-04-2007, 03:13 AM
Fortunately, no SSS for me. But I noticed since I joined the Any Sock KAL here, I knit a lot more on my socks. They are still a sideproject, only for travelling, but sometimes I break my own rule and knit at them at home.

mommydearest
11-11-2007, 08:28 PM
I am really glad I read these posts even though I don't post replys often - they are really helpful. I don't have 2nd sock syndrome, although I do have 1st sock sydrome. I did a "class" sock 3 months ago (or seems like it) and I still haven't the nerve to start the real ones. I want to make a pair for my son for Christmas and I really need to get moving on that project.

At least I have been knitting something - I finished one dishcloth yesterday, started another one at 6:30 this morning and should finish it tonight. These are also for Christmas for various friends.

I will motivate myself to start the socks tomorrow morning and at least get a few rows in before my daughter leaves for the bus.

Thanks for all of your posts.

Mary