PDA

View Full Version : Ebay newbie

Jeremy
11-02-2007, 12:35 AM
I just bought a spinning wheel on ebay. The seller had good ratings and I bought it through Paypal. I bought it the day before yesterday and haven't heard anything from the seller since. Is this normal? Will the thing just arrive on my doorstep? I did send a message to him today and so maybe its too soon to expect an answer. I'm sure there are people out there who use ebay on a regular basis. Do you have any advice? Thanks.

Rorshach
11-02-2007, 12:49 AM
Generally when buying stuff on ebay, the seller has, I believe a week to respond, either by shipping the item, or sending the message. out of curiousity, did you get a confirmation email from paypal? it's possible that the funds haven't gone through yet and that could be what the delay is. If you have a screenshot of the page, or better still, it should show up in either the items your watching, or the item you've bought, check the seller's instructions as that'll usually give you an idea of how long to expect it.

KnittingNat
11-02-2007, 06:02 AM
I would also suggest checking the item description. There are many sellers that don't ship every day and usually mention it. Some sellers do send you an email notifying that they shipped the item and some don't. Have you paid just for the item or have you recieved an invoice from the seller with total cost? Also, check the item description, as i saw many sellers writing that on particular date they won't be available (vacation etc.) and that the shipping will be delayed.
I hope everything turns out ok and you'll enjoy your wheel! Let us know when you get it!

GinnyG
11-02-2007, 08:13 AM
As a 300++ buyer on ebay I can tell you it is very normal not to hear. Some sellers send out a notice of shipment, which is very nice but many do not. I usually wait one week them email the seller just asking for an anticipated ship date. More often than not they respond that the item is on it's way.

auburnchick
11-02-2007, 08:22 AM
I often follow up my payment with an email to the seller, saying something like, "Hi...I just sent payment via paypal for the _____ that I purchased..." Sometimes they reply, and sometimes they don't. I'm sure you'll be fine. As a seller, I always send an email, but that's just me. However, I have alot of "good communication" comments in my feedback.

Good luck! Hope it arrives quickly.

pjsbabybj
11-10-2007, 06:33 PM
I believe that sellers have 3 days to contact you/invoice you regarding the auction. If you paid instantly through paypal, then you might not hear from them as far as a response. I always add a note asking that sellers "let me know when you ship". Most of the time this works. I have been using ebay for a few years and have had very few bad experiences. If you checked out their rating and it was good, you should be ok.

Marj
11-10-2007, 09:01 PM
Sellers have 3 business days to contact you. Since this is the weekend you may not hear from them for a while.

Other than that I can't help becasue I am an odd duck in eBayland. I really don't care if I hear from the seller. I win, I pay and wait for my item to arrive.

I too have over 300 feedbacks and in all the years I've been on eBay I've only contacted maybe 2 sellers because I hadn't received my item in a timely manner. Annd those 2 don't include the times I waited 30+ days for a book to arrive(sometimes media mail takes forever).

You have to also look at the volume of sales of your seller. If they sell a lot or are Powersellers chances are you won't hear from them. Just too many customerrs to deal with individually. Though they usually have auto-generated emails to let you know your item is on the way.

Marj