PDA

View Full Version : Short-term knitting goals?

boo1
11-02-2007, 06:28 AM
Mine:
1) Learn to knit and purl backward (I am the Queen of Errors)
2) Learn to do cables
3) Eliminate knitted UFOs!
4) Stop buying yarn until I use more of what I have :roflhard:

mare-nitt
11-02-2007, 06:42 AM
All I can say boo1, is if you can accomplish #3 and #4, my hat is off to you.
I always find something I want to start, and buying yarn that has a calming effect, so it is good for you. cloud9

rosie9714
11-02-2007, 07:05 AM
Because I am a beginner, I think my knitting goals are too many to name! I am currently working on hats for Christmas gifts, and scarves for Christmas gifts and want to make cell phone holders for my nieces for Christmas gifts, so I guess getting all my gifts made would be a goal.

I would also like to better understand gauges. If the yarn doesn't have that little number printed right on it, I generally put it back.

MrsDavis3
11-02-2007, 09:52 AM
When does a WIP among many become a UFO?

knitgal
11-02-2007, 10:04 AM
1. Finish my sock
2. Finish my SECOND sock
3. Get over my irrational fear of DPNs
4. Use the beautiful $30 sock wool I bought as motivation to finish my first pair...to make socks.
5. Learn how to do any or all of the following: intarsia, fair isle, entrelac
6. Knit a sweater

Songbirdy
11-02-2007, 10:07 AM
When you stop working on it...

A WIP is a UFO when there is an emotional attachment to the project.

When the "oh, goody, I've got time to knit... but not that... " and then you every so slightly guiltily give the project a nudge to the bottom of the pile...

And every time you see the project you give a little "sorry I've abandoned you" smile and pick up something else instead...

:teehee: :teehee: :teehee: That... or you just plain forget about it!

The.Knitter
11-02-2007, 10:08 AM
My UFO has been sitting in a sealed plastic box for six years now. I think I can safely say it is a UFO and not a WIP. If you have not worked on it in .... forever (or can't remember when you last worked on it), then it's probably a UFO.

Songbirdy
11-02-2007, 10:18 AM
Let's see... since I couldn't resist my urge to be commenting on the WIP... I didn't remember to list my goals...

Finish DH's sock. I'm about 8 inches into the leg of the second sock.

Finish DD's front left, second sleeve, and hood of her sweater.

Stitch up DD's and DS's sweaters.

Figure out what to do about my mother's sweater... which is on its way to being a sleeveless cowl neck as opposed to a sweater.

Make my hat and scarf up pronto so that I can use left over yarn to make Thrum Mittens at the local yarn store... My first official class! :yay:

punk knitter
11-02-2007, 10:20 AM
my goals are getting better a dpns, make a sweater, and finish my knitted knitting bag that is slowly becoming a UFO. :)

LauraD
11-02-2007, 10:20 AM
I want to be braver when it comes to picking out pattern! I tend to start projects with skills I am already good at instead of trying new things.

lelvsdgs
11-02-2007, 12:16 PM
1. Finish DSO's sweater before Thanksgiving. (eek, I set a date for it)
2. Start my first pair of socks
3. Start co-worker's Christmas gift
4. Organize my stash/supplies :roflhard:

Mommy22alyns
11-02-2007, 01:34 PM
In no particular order:
Make a good looking pair of socks.
Learn to do color work. So it looks nice.
Knit My So-Called Scarf for me so I can wear it this season!
Use some stash.

cftwo
11-02-2007, 01:39 PM
Finish my Soleil Tank
Finish my triple mohair triangle shawl
figure out the changes to a jacket pattern and start that.
finish ANY project that uses DPNs

Plantgoddess+
11-02-2007, 02:22 PM
I hope to finish 2nd sock by end of weekend.
Have 2 afghans to finish for birthday gifts- one by Dec the other by Feb.

CountryKitty
11-02-2007, 10:14 PM
1. Eliminate all UFO's (with my needles NOT a match! ;))---ought to take a week or 2.
2. Rip off htat neat alligator scarf design at the top of the page for the Gran'babes (boys age 2 and 3)
3. Learn to do illusion knitting!
4. Make a knitted wallhanging (found a whole bunch of flower quilt block designs and thought combining them into a garden wall hanging would be cool).