PDA

View Full Version : KnitPicks socks...

cindygster
11-02-2007, 02:38 PM
I'm stocking up on yarn and patterns for stuff that I plan to tackle, and I'm considering knitting my first pair of socks. I found a pattern on KP that looks nice, but it's $2.99 for the instructions. Do you think it's worth it? I'm afraid that if I get the pattern it'll turn out to be much more advanced than my skills are at this point.

As always, thanks so much for your help!! This forum rocks!!!:muah:

suzeeq
11-02-2007, 02:41 PM
There are many many free patterns around you may like that you can `practice' with to get some experience. Check out knitty.com, knittingpatterncentral.com and dailyknitter.com.

Nunnemaker
11-02-2007, 02:47 PM
Thanks for the links. I was also looking for some good patterns too.
:woot:

knitgal
11-02-2007, 03:41 PM
If you're looking to make socks, I think you should check out Silver's sock tutorial here (http://www.cometosilver.com/socks/). You don't need to buy a pattern that way and it helps you every step of the way. Silver rocks!

knitncook
11-02-2007, 03:56 PM
Yes; for your first sock try something simple like Silver's sock tutorial. Learning the foundations of sock building is easier when you don't have a patter to worry about. Use some nice self striping or patterend sock yarn if you want something other than a basic black sock :) But make the first one simple, then move on to patterend, textured, lacy socks. Don't do like I did and decide your first socks had to be knit on size 1 needles with an intricate pattern. Yeah. I learned, but it wasn't the easy way! LOL!