PDA

View Full Version : unbelievable what my 94 year old MIL did this morning.....!!!

VictoiseC
11-02-2007, 02:44 PM
Wow. It's truly amazing, we just got a call from my mother-in-law who lives in Ft. Lauderdale. She is 94 and she drove to church this morning, somehow got the accelerator stuck and the car zoomed up over a curb into some bushes and completely FLIPPED OVER.
There she was, upside down.... the priest and the people at mass all came out running... the ambulance men had to cut her out.

And she is ok.
:shock:

what's also weird is a big board fell down from our sunporch ceiling also this morning, came loose and didn't break the glass table or anything.

It's All Souls day, (or is it All Saints day?) I wonder if this has something to do with souls that aren't at rest. My husband said she was ok coz she was in the church parking lot and God took care of her. Wow.

Sharly
11-02-2007, 02:50 PM
Wow! Glad she is ok!!! :hug: to her!!

msmelody
11-02-2007, 02:57 PM
The LORD is good. I am amazed that she is still driving at that age. I hope that I am still driving once I hit my 90's.

PurlyGyrl
11-02-2007, 03:56 PM
Whoa! There really is someone watching over her.
I had a great uncle that would drive all the way from California to Tennessee each year even after he was way up in his 90s. It would take him about 3 weeks to make the trip but he NEVER had an accident or a ticket or even got lost!

ritaw
11-02-2007, 04:00 PM
Wow ! Just be thankful that she is ok.

VictoiseC
11-02-2007, 04:32 PM
Whoa! There really is someone watching over her.
I had a great uncle that would drive all the way from California to Tennessee each year even after he was way up in his 90s. It would take him about 3 weeks to make the trip but he NEVER had an accident or a ticket or even got lost!

That's amazing! Wow. Yeah, I thought it was getting a little too long for her to still be driving, she drove to get her hair done and the supermarket. We never know how durable we will be...

thanks for your comments!

feministmama
11-02-2007, 05:15 PM
If you are having such good luck lately go play a lotttery ticket!

dustinac
11-02-2007, 06:12 PM
:hug: I'm glad she is ok! I had to be scary for her...:hug:

Rorshach
11-02-2007, 08:12 PM
well I've heard Nov 1st called a lot of things, all souls day, all hallows day, all saints day. Samhain and so on. pick one that makes you happy I say :D

VictoiseC
11-03-2007, 01:03 PM
If you are having such good luck lately go play a lotttery ticket!
TOO LATE!

The.Knitter
11-03-2007, 01:05 PM
Cars are replacable, at least she is OK. She had her Guardian Angel with her going to the Lord's house this morning!